Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:53 PM

Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? (2048 Views)

Why Do Hausas And Fulanis aka northerners Have So Much Swag? / FFK Replies El-Rufai: Northerners Have Looted Nigeria More Than Other Regions / RUGA: Why Do Northerners Caution And Threaten Only Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by fellowf(m): 8:57pm On May 31, 2017
OK guys, this is an honest question.. sometimes I wonder if I am the only person that has thought and worried about this a lot of the time..

We all agree that while there are beggars from every tribe, the Hausa's are leading with a great margin.. but that's not my worry now.. my concern is that about 70% of them are disabled.. some with unbelievable deformities.

a large number of them are crippled in the legs or have deformed hands..

how?

is it a genetic thing for them? were they born that way? or they became crippled after birth? what could be the cause? I can't stop wondering..

every morning on the way to work I can hardly ignore the number of crippled Hausa beggars along the busstop.

what spurred this post was what I saw last Friday on the road beside the Ikeja city mall. I saw two young kids (boys). I swear they can't be more than 5years of age. one was crippled and sat on a kind of small flat wood with tiny tyres beneath as a means of moving about. the other was not crippled but then his right fingers were missing (from the wrist) with no visible wound or even an healed one.

they were looking totally content with begging, no parent or anybody I could see around them. below 5years! left alone to fend for themselves!!

just how do they get these deformities? why just the Hausa folks alone? how? why?

matured comments please... and let's not be tribalistic too..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Anubis: 9:07pm On May 31, 2017
It's because of Polio

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by nepapole(m): 9:30pm On May 31, 2017
Anubis:
It's because of Polio
Y do they have more polio?......in op's voice.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by ayindejimmy(m): 9:33pm On May 31, 2017
It's their hash weather. Some are results of diseases, others - Sharia

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Nbote(m): 9:33pm On May 31, 2017
Polio is endemic in d region and its even made worse by their refusal to get immunized/vaccinated as a result of misinformation by their religious leaders most especially... They make dem believe immunization/vaccination is evil and haram. I remember how some of dem had to b bribed with provisions first before dey allow health workers immunize/vaccinate their children during my service year in Jigawa.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 31, 2017
its because they are illiterate and refused to take anti polio drugs thinking Christians want to use it and reduce their useless population, everything boiled down to illiteracy

21 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by bamdly(m): 10:24pm On May 31, 2017
God forgive me I always think of dat also
Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by madridguy(m): 10:28pm On May 31, 2017
Illiteracy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 31, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu Like .....

Buhari dey COME OOH

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by backtosender: 11:13pm On May 31, 2017
Because they are first class citizens in the zoo republic
Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by prince9851(m): 11:54pm On May 31, 2017
Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by APCsupporter: 12:08am On Jun 01, 2017
Alaniyiokorausa:
its because they are illiterate and refused to take anti polio drugs thinking Christians want to use it and reduce their useless population, everything boiled down to illiteracy
ipoop member sighted

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Amberon: 3:18am On Jun 01, 2017
Good question. It is caused by inbreeding as encouraged by Islam. Inbreeding leads to genetic defects and DNA mutations. It also leads to mental retardation, that is why a lot of them are borderline retar.ded and don't even do well in academics.

Anyone saying it is caused by harsh weather knows not what they're saying. Read more about inbreeding to know its dangers.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Efewestern: 4:14am On Jun 01, 2017
APCsupporter:

ipoop member sighted

so why bringing ipob in this issue? , why does the truth hurt you so badly?, aren't you guys backward?, tell your people to please educate themselves and stop dragging The rest of us from southern Nigeria backward.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by rash47(m): 4:30am On Jun 01, 2017
Amberon:
Good question. It is caused by inbreeding as encouraged by Islam. Inbreeding leads to genetic defects and DNA mutations. It also leads to mental retardation, that is why a lot of them are borderline retar.ded and don't even do well in academics.

Anyone saying it is caused by harsh weather knows not what they're saying. Read more about inbreeding to know its dangers.

lol. theres no where islam encourages inbreeding, advance on ur findings.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by kokoA(m): 4:37am On Jun 01, 2017
rash47:

They marry their first cousins.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Enyimbamercedes: 5:09am On Jun 01, 2017
fellowf:
OK guys, this is an honest question.. sometimes I wonder if I am the only person that has thought and worried about this a lot of the time..

We all agree that while there are beggars from every tribe, the Hausa's are leading with a great margin.. but that's not my worry now.. my concern is that about 70% of them are disabled.. some with unbelievable deformities.

a large number of them are crippled in the legs or have deformed hands..

how?

is it a genetic thing for them? were they born that way? or they became crippled after birth? what could be the cause? I can't stop wondering..

every morning on the way to work I can hardly ignore the number of crippled Hausa beggars along the busstop.

what spurred this post was what I saw last Friday on the road beside the Ikeja city mall. I saw two young kids (boys). I swear they can't be more than 5years of age. one was crippled and sat on a kind of small flat wood with tiny tyres beneath as a means of moving about. the other was not crippled but then his right fingers were missing (from the wrist) with no visible wound or even an healed one.

they were looking totally content with begging, no parent or anybody I could see around them. below 5years! left alone to fend for themselves!!

just how do they get these deformities? why just the Hausa folks alone? how? why?

matured comments please... and let's not be tribalistic too..

Possible due to bad genes passed on over generations due to inbreeding ; they marry first cousins however this only contributes a small percentage. Major reason is illiteracy. More should be done to enlighten them on the benefits of having their kids vaccinated against polio.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by oismail(m): 6:16am On Jun 01, 2017
But me never see mad Hausa before abi dem no dey mad ni

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Kondomatic(m): 6:43am On Jun 01, 2017
Nbote:
Polio is endemic in d region and its even made worse by their refusal to get immunized as a result of misinformation by their religious leaders most especially... They make dem believe immunization is evil and haram. I remember how some of dem had to first b bribed with provisions before dey allow health workers immunize their children during my service year in Jigawa.
This is madness.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Kondomatic(m): 6:45am On Jun 01, 2017
oismail:
People that kill people for preaching near a mosque are they not mad?

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by zombieTRACKER: 6:54am On Jun 01, 2017
Nbote:
Polio is endemic in d region and its even made worse by their refusal to get immunized as a result of misinformation by their RELIGIOUS leaders most especially... They make dem believe immunization is evil and haram. I remember how some of dem had to first b bribed with provisions before dey allow health workers immunize their children during my service year in Jigawa.
well said

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by zombieTRACKER: 6:57am On Jun 01, 2017
oismail:
Peeps that kill people for urinating near a mosque are they not mad ni?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Nbote(m): 7:08am On Jun 01, 2017
Kondomatic:
This is madness.

Trust me those ppl in centuries behind.. U had to offer provisions for each child u want to immunize else dey won't let u.. I remember some of their Muslim scholars recently claiming immunization was a form of birth control measure by d West.. U can imagine such preposterous claims.. If u visit their general hospitals u'll see worse...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Histrings08(m): 7:11am On Jun 01, 2017
Omo i don't understand too.. Buh I think tz because they reject immunization
Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:24am On Jun 01, 2017
I think it's more of a Curse and Fate promoted by culture ...!!

Igala folks would tell u one Ata-Igala dropped the Curse on Sardauna and his people. Even within the North region, it's the HausaFulaniKanuris-Muslims that fit the OP narrative.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by omenkaLives(m): 7:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Enyimbamercedes:

Possible due to bad genes passed on over generations due to inbreeding ; they marry first cousins however this only contributes a small percentage. Major reason is illiteracy. More should be done to enlighten them on the benefits of having their kids vaccinated against polio.
EOD.
Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Boscojugunu(m): 7:32am On Jun 01, 2017
simply because of their life styles, and mostof them reject immunization
Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Amberon: 7:45am On Jun 01, 2017
Did your prophet Mohammed marry his first cousin or not?
rash47:

Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by agbangam: 7:54am On Jun 01, 2017
There are some two main factors behind dat, their Religious belief and their Geographical Location
Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by onyekabe(m): 8:15am On Jun 01, 2017
prince9851:
THIS IS UNRELATED TO THE TOPIC BEING DISCUSSED
Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by fellowf(m): 8:33am On Jun 01, 2017
Nice contributions. Keep it coming so others can as well understand better. Happy new month to you all.
Re: Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 01, 2017
illiteracy

(1) (2) (Reply)

SE: Taxation Sword And Economic Suicide / Tony Nwoye's New Look After Election / Mbappe’s Mother Confirms Player’s Fight With Neymar At PSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.