Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad (27353 Views)

Buhari: 1966 Coup, Counter-Coup, I Was All In It, Says PMB / So Embarrassing And Deluding, Every Yorubaman Claiming Lagos / In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by newgroom: 9:17am On Jun 01, 2017
Paul C. Nwabuikwu, Special Adviser to the former Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has taken to his Facebook wall to appreciate an unknown Yorubaman who at a great risk to his life hid his father from the mob searching for Igbos in Kano, in 1966.

See what he wrote:

TRIBUTE TO THE UNKNOWN YORUBA MAN

At great risk to his life, a Yoruba neighbor on Sanyaolu street, Sabon Gari, Kano, hid my father from the mob searching for Igbos in 1966.

I still don't know your name, sir, but my prayer is that God will bless you and your descendants today and always.

Your sacrifice is one of the reasons why Nigeria, in spite of many disappointments, continues to retain some meaning for me.

Lalasticlala

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 01, 2017
We are the best tribe in the world. 'cos we dont believe in segregation!

No reference wink

274 Likes 26 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 01, 2017
wait for yoots to call him afonja as usual.

148 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Jabioro: 9:36am On Jun 01, 2017
Our beneficiary has turned round to bite us, but this time around.. Hmmm

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by koladebrainiac(m): 9:41am On Jun 01, 2017
the thing is we know we love our neighbors but so they still want to speak evil of us to feel good inside of them

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by OAUTemitayo: 9:44am On Jun 01, 2017
They will soon call him Afonja

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:44am On Jun 01, 2017
Lol. I also want to thank the Yoruba family that saved my uncle in Sabon-gari in the same 1966 prgrom. Mobs and soldiers were going round killing Igbo people but his neighbours who were crying more than the Igbo hid him at the risk of death. Na why I no dey generalize. Some Yoruba good, some bad.
God bless the Igbo Nation!

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Okoroawusa: 9:57am On Jun 01, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
Lol. I also want to thank the Yoruba family that saved my uncle in Sabon-gari in the same 1966 prgrom. Mobs and soldiers were going round killing Igbo people but his neighbours who were crying more than the Igbo hid him at the risk of death. Na why I no dey generalize. Some Yoruba good, some bad.
God bless the Igbo Nation!
maduawuchukwu!...lekwa ka ndia kporo gi AFONJA!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 01, 2017
The yoruba tribe is the most accomodating, homely, tolerant and peaceful tribe.A Yoruba man will put his life on the line to protect his neighbour not caring where he comes from. You can slander us all you want but the world knows the truth.
----------- Proud omoluabi

311 Likes 30 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by hammer6: 10:12am On Jun 01, 2017
YORUBA SHOULD STOP ALL THIS PRETENCE, WAT ABOUT THE YORUBAS THAT WENT ROUND LAGOS KILLING IGBOS?
U WANT THE WORLD TO BELIEVE THAT IT WAS ONLY HAUSA, I THINK NOT.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:12am On Jun 01, 2017
Okoroawusa:

maduawuchukwu!...lekwa ka ndia kporo gi AFONJA!

A bum Onye Afonja o! A bum Eshigbo Nwafor.
Kedu ka Ala Igbo di today?

4 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by xnsandrxns: 10:52am On Jun 01, 2017
hammer6:
YORUBA SHOULD STOP ALL THIS PRETENCE, WAT ABOUT THE YORUBAS THAT WENT ROUND LAGOS KILLING IGBOS?
U WANT THE WORLD TO BELIEVE THAT IT WAS ONLY HAUSA, I THINK NOT.
How many ibos were killed in Lagos?

You guys know no history, that's why you come here and talk trash all day

Ibos got most of their properties back in Lagos after the war than in Port Harcourt where they got nothing.

You guys lack knowledge of history

I pity your​ biafra

Just do and leave

234 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by hammer6: 10:57am On Jun 01, 2017
xnsandrxns:

How many ibos were killed in Lagos?

You guys know no history, that's why you come here and talk trash all day

Ibos got most of their properties back in Lagos after the war than in Port Harcourt where the got nothing.

You guys lack knowledge of history

I pity your​ biafra

Just do and leave

SIR LOUIS OJUKWU PROPERTY THAT IS STILL BEING USED BY LAGOS GOVERNMENT IS WAT?
STOP LYING, YORUBA STARTED THE WHOLE ABANDONED PROPERTY AND NO IGBO WERE NOT GIVEN THEIR PROPERTY.
EVEN THE MONEY IN THEIR ACCOUNT, AWOLOWO REFUSED TO ALLOW THEM.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by xnsandrxns: 11:06am On Jun 01, 2017
hammer6:

STOP LYING, YORUBA STATED THE WHOLE ABANDONED PROPERTY AND NO IGBO WERE NO GIVEN THEIR PROPERTY.

Go back and check history

Most properties were reclaimed

But this time, you are leaving for good and you are leaving empty handed

160 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by ProWalker: 11:17am On Jun 01, 2017
hammer6:

STOP LYING, YORUBA STATED THE WHOLE ABANDONED PROPERTY AND NO IGBO WERE NO GIVEN THEIR PROPERTY.

What is the add of this Sir Louis property?. The problem with you Igbos is that you sit down in the East and bandy around so much falsehood and ignorance that you now spread into NL.

122 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by davodyguy: 11:27am On Jun 01, 2017
Mia San Mia

We are who we are

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by misterh(m): 11:28am On Jun 01, 2017
There are 2 types of people- good and bad people. Being good shouldn't be predicated on one's tribe.

30 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Cirphrank(m): 11:28am On Jun 01, 2017
That's it.
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by omusiliyu(m): 11:28am On Jun 01, 2017
Oluwole Soyinka and Abdulganiyy Fawehinmi went to jail because of Ndigbos. They stood against Nigeria government. They ended the war with their powerful pens and mouths. So many Yorubas risked their lives to save ndigbo from going to extinction....and today, they referred to us as cowards.

169 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by DollarAngel(m): 11:29am On Jun 01, 2017
A COWARD SAVED YOUR DAD, NICE GESTURE THOUGH

8 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by babasolo(m): 11:31am On Jun 01, 2017
ok.
You see my six packs, then
you think I got your back in a
fight Lol. These things are
for Instagram. Don't get
yourself killed dear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by BLACKdagger: 11:31am On Jun 01, 2017
and so what??... Has any igboman not helped yorubas before?
I recently helped a yoruba guy to secure a suretee he needed to get a job and he got d job

dont know why this rubbish should make fp in the first place.
It shows how tribalistic this forum is.

That yorubas are traitors and betrayers doesnt mean u cant get some1 good in entire yorubaland..

EVEN IN TIME OF SODOM AND GOMORRAH THERE WAS LOT.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by EuDavies(m): 11:32am On Jun 01, 2017
Until we see ourselves as Nigerians shitt will keep happening....

1 Like

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by Ezedon(m): 11:32am On Jun 01, 2017
Good one
Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by smalls001: 11:32am On Jun 01, 2017
I don't understand you all....Rather than initiate steps to make our future better, we are here cursing each other about the past......Wake up!!

3 Likes

Re: 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad by hucienda: 11:32am On Jun 01, 2017
Thanks to him.

Those days were terrible days.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja Newspaper Vendors Protest Over Killing Of Their Colleague By Speaker Aide / Dino Melaye Campaigns In Koton Karfe, Kogi LGA (Drone Shots) / Omokri 'Opens' Bank Account For Amaechi, For Nigerians Owing Him To Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.