Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World (1507 Views)

PS5: All The Games, Specs, News, And Rumors For Sony’s Playstation 5 / All The Games Confirmed For E3 2019! Which Are You Look In Forward To? / PS5: All The Games, Specs, News, And Rumors For Sony’s Playstation 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by ifyan(m): 9:44am On Jun 01, 2017
Global revenue passes $100 billion for the first time fueled by smartphone use

The global games industry will generate revenue of an estimated $109 billion in 2017, of which 42 percent will come from mobile.

Revenue from computer games exceeded $100 billion globally in a single year for the first time, while China has overtaken the U.S. as the "gamer capital of the world" in terms of market size, according to a report published by London-based venture capital firm Atomico.

The 600 million gamers in China generated $24.6 billion of the industry's $101.1 billion global market value over 2016, just ahead of the U.S.’s $24.1 billion. In 2015, the global games industry was worth $91.8 billion according to data from research house Newzoo. A notable contributor to the growth has been Apple's mobile app store in China. In 2016, China accounted for 31 percent of the total $18 billion generated by games on iOS, compared with just 3 percent of the $2.4 billion total in 2012.

Tom Wehmeier, principal and head of research at Atomico and author of the report published Thursday, said a number of other major milestones were passed in 2016. “We've got to the point today where there are now more than two billion gamers globally, and mobile has really taken over to the extent that it's the largest segment overall,” said Wehmeier

In Europe and the U.S., numbers are still rising alongside investor confidence, according to Atomico. The global games industry will generate revenue of an estimated $109 billion in 2017, of which 42 percent will come from mobile titles. That will rise to as much as $129 billion by 2020, at which point mobile will overtake the combined value of all traditional platforms for games — console and PC — by generating 51 percent of the total revenue for the industry.

Read more@http://www.nairausd.com/2017/06/china-just-became-games-industry.html

Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by whitebeard(m): 9:48am On Jun 01, 2017
China..lol...as a vivid gamer I would tell u it Korea for games with huge size and america for games with small size..!
Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by ifyan(m): 9:56am On Jun 01, 2017
whitebeard:
China..lol...as a vivid gamer I would tell u it Korea for games with huge size and america for games with small size..!

Please explain further
Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by whitebeard(m): 10:03am On Jun 01, 2017
ifyan:

Please explain further
guild of honour, evil bane vain glory, is it wing dynasty, this games are very large but extremely interesting ( of u have money to spend) Korean games

Bullet force(my fav still playing), COC, Tanktastic ( they have crazy mods and stupid devs ) world of gunships, carribean pirates, six guns, and many more can't remember ( don't require much money or nopney at all) American games..!

And yes they are all online games..!

Chinese games are pretty few never heard of them..!

1 Like

Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by ifyan(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
whitebeard:
guild of honour, evil bane vain glory, is it wing dynasty, this games are very large but extremely interesting ( of u have money to spend) Korean games

Bullet force(my fav still playing), COC, Tanktastic ( they have crazy mods and stupid devs ) world of gunships, carribean pirates, six guns, and many more can't remember ( don't require much money or nopney at all) American games..!

And yes they are all online games..!

Chinese games are pretty few never heard of them..!

OK but l am bot a fan of online games but console especially PlayStation back then but business gave taken much of my time to think of playing games.

You must be a game freak.
Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by whitebeard(m): 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
ifyan:

OK but l am bot a fan of online games but console especially PlayStation back then but business gave taken much of my time to think of playing games.

You must be a game freak.
lol I just finished playing game..!
Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by ifyan(m): 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
whitebeard:
lol I just finished playing game..!

Phone or P C
Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by whitebeard(m): 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
ifyan:

Phone or P C
phone (bullet force it online) don with PC games, cheats are to easy to find..wanna move to ps4 but that thing is expensive I am hoping by this year ending I should get it..!!
Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by ifyan(m): 12:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
whitebeard:
phone (bullet force it online) don with PC games, cheats are to easy to find..wanna move to ps4 but that thing is expensive I am hoping by this year ending I should get it..!!

Na ps4 l stopped. Football fan (FIFA)
Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by whitebeard(m): 12:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
ifyan:

Na ps4 l stopped. Football fan (FIFA)
lol..football..I like racing, action and strategy, u can communicate using radio on PS 4 abi..?
Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by ifyan(m): 12:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
whitebeard:
lol..football..I like racing, action and strategy, u can communicate using radio on PS 4 abi..?

You can play it with with a foreigner plus you can also use it to play movie. It also online too.

I played others when l used to played PS 1,2 & 3 plus Sega, Xbox, and others
Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by ifyan(m): 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
whitebeard:

You can play it with with a foreigner plus you can also use it to play movie. It also online too.

I played PS 1,2 3 & 4 plus Sega, Xbox, and others back then.

Which you the best gamer
Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by whitebeard(m): 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
ifyan:

I played others when l used to played PS 1,2 & 3 plus Sega, Xbox, and others

Which you the best gamer
lol..amen ooo...!!
Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by ifyan(m): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
whitebeard:
lol..amen ooo...!!

You are welcomeed

1 Like

Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by Lana1(m): 11:19am On Jun 02, 2017
whitebeard:
Of cos it had to be "phone". Very predictable!!

1 Like

Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by ifyan(m): 11:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
Lana1:
Of cos it had to be "phone". Very predictable!!

Hahaha
Re: China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World by ifyan(m): 1:59pm On Jun 03, 2017
Fp page.

(1) (Reply)

Battle Warship: Naval Empire / Lionel Messi Celebrates Goal In Igbo Dance Moves In Fifa 19 / Create PS Plus 14 Days Free Trial Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.