Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

For Southerners. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Southerners. (609 Views)

Realizing Biafra - Must Watch For Southerners / Trouble Looming For Southerners In 2023 / Return Home Now, Afenifere Tells Southerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Southerners. by shullamite: 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
From all your statements in this forum, it is clear that the unity of the south lies in the hands of the southerners.

The truth has been said by igbodiffender that we the southerners need to unite. If the easterners were treated nicely as our brothers and as fellow Nigerians they will not struggle to break away to form Biafra. But come to look at the whole issue on ground politically, the south is disadvantaged. I am from the Niger delta but I am very very angry to see how disunited the entire south is.

I will commend the igboes for their support for goodluck Jonathans administration and it made a lot of Niger deltans to value and see the igboes as their true brothers, but we still need the south westerners to join the fold so that the unity in the south will be complete. We have the numbers, we have the brains, we have the strength, we have the wisdom.... But why can't we unite once and for all to become strong.

Let us forget what happened in the past and forge ahead, let us forget the pains we felt during the civil war, let us forget how goodluck Jonathan lost the last election, let us forget the treachery of one another against us in the past and unite the entire south. United we stand and divided we fall.

The journey toward uniting the south has already started by the way fani kayode, fayoshe and some other westerners supported nnamdi KANU during his prison days and the love they showed him after his release from prison.

Let the great leaders of south south arise, let the great leaders of the south east arise, let the great leaders of the south west arise and unite with one another and see themselves as southerners. All southerners should know that WINTER IS COMING and we need each others help to face it. Yorubas need igboes, the Niger deltans need igboes, the igboes need yorubas, the igboes need the Niger deltans, we can only succeed if we help one another and forgive one another of our past deeds. We all have made mistakes and we should not allow our mistakes to keep repeating itself. With tears in my eyes I am writing this message. Southerners wake up.
Re: For Southerners. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thank you Shullamite for that endorcement. The South needs to follow Fayose by prohobiting grazing reserves which will take our lands away from us. Grazing reserves is ethnic cleansing, segregation and aparthied, and the only reason some are still trying to shove it down on the South is because they see that we are not united. So, they feel they can run rings round us.

There needs to be a forum for Southern Leaders to meet frequently to chart the course of the South. Northern Governors have their Northern Governors Forum. Where is the Southern Goverbors Forum? The South needs to wake up.
Re: For Southerners. by shullamite: 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
The time is ripe for it now. Let all of us wake up. We have been sleeping for too long.
Re: For Southerners. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
God bless you. See one of the hindrances to southern unity is social media but I would keep warning as many fellow Yorubas that would care to listen-we need to choose alliance carefully. We as a region also wants to grow and there is no way the North won't pull us back with their religious extremism especially if the ibos exits Nigeria. It would reduce and stem the political influence of the south west. If the SS joins the SE then we are more in trouble. How do we in the SW carry the weight of the entire North-how would we make them grow when they wield more politically. Admitting that the exit of the Igbos makes Yorubas politically weak on this country is not cowardice but pragmatism. If the north can oppress all of us even with a full south then they would destroy us with an incomplete south.

Secondly, the religious diversity in the south west works to our disadvantage because even though we are very tolerant people, we can't deny that sometimes we may tilt towards religious bias rather than ethnic one. And if we ever go alongside religious bias we are then in trouble because it would make us vulnerable.

Now concerning the issue of biafra I believe also in self determination for the SE, SS, SW- however pending the time of secession we need to join forces to form a powerful political bloc that can resist the North. I would have called for a southern secession but the SW cant commit to that because of the religious diversity hence the SW is better off on its own.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners. by 7lives: 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
Statsocial:
God bless you. See one of the hindrances to southern unity is social media but I would keep warning as many fellow Yorubas that would care to listen-we need to choose alliance carefully. We as a region also wants to grow and there is no way the North won't pull us back with their religious extremism especially if the ibos exits Nigeria. It would reduce and stem the political influence of the south west. If the SS joins the SE then we are more in trouble. How do we in the SW carry the weight of the entire North-how would we make them grow when they wield more politically. Admitting that the exit of the Igbos makes Yorubas politically weak on this country is not cowardice but pragmatism. If the north can oppress all of us even with a full south then they would destroy us with an incomplete south.

Secondly, the religious diversity in the south west works to our disadvantage because even though we are very tolerant people, we can't deny that sometimes we may tilt towards religious bias rather than ethnic one. And if we ever go alongside religious bias we are then in trouble because it would make us vulnerable.

Now concerning the issue of biafra I believe also in self determination for the SE, SS, SW- however pending the time of secession we need to join forces to form a powerful political bloc that can resist the North. I would have called for a southern secession but the SW cant commit to that because of the religious diversity hence the SW is better off on its own.

Join forces with who, every man for himself God for all of us.

4 Likes

Re: For Southerners. by Basic123: 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
shullamite:
From all your statements in this forum, it is clear that the unity of the south lies in the hands of the southerners.

The truth has been said by igbodiffender that we the southerners need to unite. If the easterners were treated nicely as our brothers and as fellow Nigerians they will not struggle to break away to form Biafra. But come to look at the whole issue on ground politically, the south is disadvantaged. I am from the Niger delta but I am very very angry to see how disunited the entire south is.

I will commend the igboes for their support for goodluck Jonathans administration and it made a lot of Niger deltans to value and see the igboes as their true brothers, but we still need the south westerners to join the fold so that the unity in the south will be complete. We have the numbers, we have the brains, we have the strength, we have the wisdom.... But why can't we unite once and for all to become strong.

Let us forget what happened in the past and forge ahead, let us forget the pains we felt during the civil war, let us forget how goodluck Jonathan lost the last election, let us forget the treachery of one another against us in the past and unite the entire south. United we stand and divided we fall.

The journey toward uniting the south has already started by the way fani kayode, fayoshe and some other westerners supported nnamdi KANU during his prison days and the love they showed him after his release from prison.

Let the great leaders of south south arise, let the great leaders of the south east arise, let the great leaders of the south west arise and unite with one another and see themselves as southerners. All southerners should know that WINTER IS COMING and we need each others help to face it. Yorubas need igboes, the Niger deltans need igboes, the igboes need yorubas, the igboes need the Niger deltans, we can only succeed if we help one another and forgive one another of our past deeds. We all have made mistakes and we should not allow our mistakes to keep repeating itself. With tears in my eyes I am writing this message. Southerners wake up.

Yorubas dont form alliance blindly we have to know the reason behind it.

I wonder why you guys always forget the overwhelming support yorubas gave GEJ in 2011.

so what treachery are you talking about!

Yorubas voted for GEJ in 2011 and he was voted out in 2015 when his performance was not satisfactory to them.we dont vote base on emotion and tribe,simple!

red-buhari

blue-ribadu

GEJ-green

Re: For Southerners. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
For starters, how do we convince Southern governors to create a Southern Governors Forum to complement the already existing Northern Governors Forum? This will give them a larger voice on issues that concern the South. Any ideas?
Re: For Southerners. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
7lives:

Join forces with who, every man for himself God for all of us.
Is that strategy working?
Re: For Southerners. by jpphilips(m): 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
Statsocial:

You actually believe Igbos are leaving because a lunatic like Kanu is making noise over the Radio? Go and return your school fees!!

1 Like

Re: For Southerners. by shullamite: 10:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
Let us stop the blame game. It has never helped us in the south, let us diffend our fellow southerners at all cost. The igboes in naira land forum should stop insulting the Yoruba, the Yoruba should stop insulting the igboes, let all of us In this forum use this as a litmus test toward uniting us.

Tell your fellow southerners were ever we see them that we are embarking on a new project of uniting the south. It can start with you and me. Remember a journey of a thousand mile begins with one step. Let us be united my brothers. Start the campaign and watch as it grows big in a short time. It begins with me.
Re: For Southerners. by shullamite: 12:09pm On Mar 30, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Tincan Island Hands Over 2 Stolen Range Rover SUV 2 Interpol(pix / *gbenga Adeboye And The APC Masquerade* / Gov Shettima Reacts To Boko Haram's Serious Attack On Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.