Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? (39155 Views)

Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU / Teacher Assaults SS2 Student In Imo After Pestering Her For Sex (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
adontcare:
it is tiring especially when u see ur mates and juniors having career jobs. It is well

It is, my dear.
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by Jman06(m): 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
adontcare:
He graduated first class medical doctor, enroll into army. Then killed by boko boys on his way to markurdi. Burnt beyond recognition. I wish I can revenge his death. Second graduated too. Am third. Still finding my bearing as a sit at home house wife. Life can twist ur heart.
,You no try at all! Which one be ''sit at home house wife'' Is that a profession
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by adontcare(f): 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
Jman06:
,You no try at all! Which one be ''sit at home house wife'' Is that a profession
mtcheww
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by Jman06(m): 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
adontcare:
mtcheww
I meant no insult. Just testing your sense of humour. Sorry if you felt bad about it.
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by yemmy75(m): 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
olayinka63:
I happend to be one, graduated with First Class honors at University of Ilorin 2016. Now serving at Federal University of Technology, Minna.
Truly better by far

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by FrankGiel: 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
Threebear:
Me but I'm still jobless.
Helpers are in job section
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by bsideboii(m): 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
adontcare:
mtcheww
U seem bitter c'mon .Go and lick honey tongue
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by ephi321(f): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
talk4free:

You seem to be mocking him. Hope you realize your being in Uniben and him in laspotech doesn't mean your future is definitely brighter.

Wise words.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by adontcare(f): 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2017
tongue
bsideboii:
U seem bitter c'mon .Go and lick honey tongue
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by sawyer89: 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
Priceless200:

Wait oo.. I am confused? From Chemical engineering to accountant? Huh?... how? And here my nurse friend wanna die put say she Wan go do chemical engineering.. Oyeel company in view... tell me more biko.

Lols. Top 4 biggest financial services firms in Nigeria ( PWC, KPMG, EY and Deloitte) accept candidates from any field of study inasmuch as he or she graduated with not less than 2:1 and he or she is less than 26.

You will be trained and mandated to write professional accounting exams (ICAN or ACCA)
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by richybankx: 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
adontcare:
He graduated first class medical doctor, enroll into army. Then killed by boko boys on his way to markurdi. Burnt beyond recognition. I wish I can revenge his death. Second graduated too. Am third. Still finding my bearing as a sit at home house wife. Life can twist ur heart.
don't give up. Your kids could still archive that your dream. If you don't find comfort in that find it in this testimony.. I no a family where the mother didn't no her name, the father reads but wasn't good in English.. To cut the story short there soon out of five kids is in Ukraine on scholarship exams he took here in Nigeria and is studying medicine right now and this is his 5th year there.. Ok to make it all fun am that child out of five studying In Ukraine.. If your dream can't come through then make it alive in another host.. Gracias (crying.. Obinaigwe gozie nnem ooh )
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by DRGREAT(m): 6:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
WoundedSoul:
I'm right here battling with depression
my guy...chear up...better days ahead!
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
tk4rd:
Tell yourself right now that you will enter University..
And then, once you enter the university, make sure you STUDY to LEARN and UNDERSTAND,, And NOT, READING TO PASS EXAMS ONLY.
Finally, Whatever you Learnt (and Understood), make sure you also know its usefulness and application in the outside world, apart from the jingles the lecturers sing or recite for you in the lecture halls.
This final step is what you have to do on your own (especially if you are doing a professional course). It will help you a great deal when you graduate.
thank u so much bro.
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:05pm On Jun 02, 2017
CondomSir:

Life is so funny my brother..
I was the best student in my class from Primary one to SS 3. In fact, i was the senior prefect. Most of my mates already have at least a National Diploma.

Me? Still fighting for admission
that's life.

life ain't bed of roses.

we will surely simile one day
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
youngfocus:
how did u know all there current status
in this social media age?
still in touch with 92% of my former classmates.
we went our difference ways after our waec in the year 2015
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
Efewestern:

what year did you finish your secondary school?

tried my first jamb last year. I have every believe of making it this time around.
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
Chuvin22:

I Like this bro.. you explained it all in one quote.

I was one of the best in my class back then.. here i am, graduated 3 years ago and still job hunting.

An Average student in my class named Michael Omoh (Check wikipedia for his profile) now plays professional football in Sweden and has been doing well over the years. currently playing for Orebro.

OUR JOURNEY IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT.
ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS FOCUS AND NEVER GIVE UP.
that's life bro.

God will surely give u ur dream job.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by MrHighSea: 7:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
I know about a handful in secondary school: 4 actually, we call them the 4 wise men. One is a medical consultant now, one of the youngest in his specialty.
The second is a medical doctor too, don't know the level he is now. Lost track of the 3rd who I learnt went on to study electrical engineering. Unfortunately, the fourth was last seen in a mental institute. He was actually the brightest, don't know what happened to him.

But from the University, the brightest is in Schlumberger, all the top bright graduates in my class are in one oil company or the other...

Me self is also in an oil company; although not crude oil. Have moved from palmoil to vegetable oil and to ororo, coconut oil, ori, enu-aki, infact any oil but crude.
Had to quote you. Love this piece. Not every minute one need to take life serious. I learnt this when I was sick and immobile. Do your thing and employ people. Cheers
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by MrHighSea: 7:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
icebot:
University

Best ---- Currently doing his PhD in the US
Second best------ Currently doing his PhD in Australia
Third best (Me) ----- Currently doing my PhD in the UK
Fourth best---------Currently doing his PhD in the UK
Fifth best---------- Currently working in the UK

Probably the next will be doing PhD in Nigeria. At least the last may be a teller in a bank. Sharp squad
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
CondomSir:

Life is so funny my brother..
I was the best student in my class from Primary one to SS 3. In fact, i was the senior prefect. Most of my mates already have at least a National Diploma.

Me? Still fighting for admission
Hmmnn
It's well
Greater you i pray
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by Youngthankgod(m): 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
he his now in uniben why I am here in DELSU
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by MaziOmenuko: 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
MrHighSea:
Had to quote you. Love this piece. Not every minute one need to take life serious. I learnt this when I was sick and immobile. Do your thing and employ people. Cheers

Awww...hope u are alright now.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by pxjosh(m): 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
Jman06:
Here am I in Unibest studying pharmacy. Used to be the smallest in class then, but at the end of the term, it was always a parallel As.
Great. what level are you in?
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by MiddleDimension: 10:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
UnimkeAk:

We all know how life can be unkind, nobody knows tomorrow but it is better to have control of what u can at the moment.. iv heard of so many successes from pple that did excellently in class... I myself was never the best student in my class. So it is not like it is personal.
Lastly, lately the has been this trend in nigeria that good grades doesnt determine success, and what does a black man see as success, having an inflated account, that cannot be spent in ones life time, if this trend continues , it will affect our kids and younger ones in sch , making them lazy , which means africa and the black race will always be behind in terms of science and technology. Is this what we want?

i understand your concern, and your concern is a legitimate one.

And the whole idea that good grades do not determine success is one i hate so much, but that doesn't mean there is no truth to it, especially in present day Nigeria! People who say that, are not stupid; there are things they saw which made them to say that.

When you say one thing, you also have to say the other. Your attention seem to be on grades rather than on true enlightenment. In today's Nigeria, and i suspect around the world too, sometimes good grades is not a true indication of enlightenment and education that is reflected in a change or modification of observable behaviour.

Take for example, my last year at the university. One of our lecturers decided to make things a bit simple for us and he decided to give us in our exams, the same questions he gave us in our test. We the students liked the strategy because for us, "the lecturer na correct guy". Most of us passed the course. Now, when someone who had such kind of training comes up with a very good grade and comes to you with his certificate, you will be impressed. But you did not know the kind of test, the method of administration of such a test, you don't know if the test question the person took to get the certificate he has are both valid and reliable questions. But when the person comes to you with that beautiful certificate, you just conclude he is a genius! But i am sure you now know how wrong you MAY be when you make that conclusion.

As for what the black man sees as success, i will tell you that it is the same thing the white man sees as success too. That's how the capitalist world works! The US is all about the money. Alot of the self help books to increase wealth you see at the vendor's stands and in the hands of born agains in Nigeria, are not written by black men. They are written by whites. Kenneth Copeland, the one from whom Oyedepo got his prosperity gospel from, is white, an American! The prosperity gospel has its origin in the US, with a preacher having the name "Creftlo Dollar". Though he is black, he preaches prosperity so as to prepare his followers for a hugely materialistic US with an insatiable consumerist culture. Since Idealism lost it to realism and materialism as the most popular philosophy of life, money has become the major criteria for judging success in the world, particulaly the capitalist world. So it is not a black thing.

4 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by kachiz(m): 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
icebot:
University

Best ---- Currently doing his PhD in the US
Second best------ Currently doing his PhD in Australia
Third best (Me) ----- Currently doing my PhD in the UK
Fourth best---------Currently doing his PhD in the UK
Fifth best---------- Currently working in the UK

Abeg which school be this wey everybody dey currently for oversea?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by olayinka63: 10:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
Bashnigga:

So it's true First Class graduates get posted to tertiary Inst. to serve

Yes
Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by wittyt98(m): 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hmmmm make I no lie everybody na olodo for my own class oo

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by adontcare(f): 2:31am On Jun 03, 2017
Jman06:
I meant no insult. Just testing your sense of humour. Sorry if you felt bad about it.
just being sarcastic. Lol

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by Oduok(m): 8:16am On Jun 03, 2017
I was one. Infact I topped all my classes - Primary, Secondary, ND, and Degree. But behind the scene of those who top their classes is the untold story of their family background. It is not easy being intelligent but from a poor family background that you struggle to fund your education while still supporting your family. Most times you delay entering school and end up passing the employable age. No connection anywhere. I returned from NYSC last October and i'm pressing hard to prove there is reward for excellence, against all odds. I appreciate the OP for this post. It has given me much to reflect on. I am taking my time to read each page.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by LadyJasper: 11:53am On Jun 03, 2017
ifex370:
He later went to a poly...

I dunno how that happened

What is wrong with his schooling in a Polytechnic?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
He travelled out and turned into a IndecentStar ; while I transformed to an apostle..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Redeemer's University Slashes Postgraduate Fees, Msc. & MA Now Tuition Free / Olabode Wale Ojoniyi Reacts To "Sex Scandal Video" / OAU VC, Ogunbodede, Speaks On Sex For Mark Scandal By Richard Akindele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.