Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

****Hannah - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ****Hannah (19166 Views)

HANNAH! 18+(Complete). / Crazy Hannah - By Lady C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 3:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, NO PART OF THIS PUBLICATION MAY BE COPIED, TRANSFERRED OR STORED FOR RETRIEVAL IN THE FUTURE WITHOUT PRIOR INFORMATION OF AND PERMISSION FROM THE WRITER.

Copyright 2017.

****HANNAH****

INTRO

Life, they say, is beautiful;
For some, it is a bed of roses;
For others, it is a game.

Life is a game; play it.
Life is a game and your survival depends on how skillful you are;
Your ability to maneuver;
Sometimes, you win, other times, you lose or in rare cases you end up in a draw;
Some claim to be in luck, I sigh at that fact, LUCK! such a rare commodity.

Life is a play, act it;
It all depends on how well you play your character;
Most times, you have to be the character, not just mimmicking.

Life! It means so many different things to different people;
For some, it could mean a game of soccer where twenty-two people struggle for one small thing;
Or a game of scrabble where you are given a letter and asked to fill the whole board of two hundred and twenty five boxes with words shocked
It could even play out like chess, where every player, conciously or unconciously, strives to protect the King and the unfortunate (the pawns) are pushed to the fore-front. embarassed

Life! So many interpretations to it by different people
But to me, life is simply 'fulfillment' cool;
A technical word it may seem because fulfilment to one may be material wealth;
Just money and nothing else, to another, it could be children or even good health... Hmmm...

But to me, FULFILLMENT is JESUS CHRIST grin smiley cool
A life with Jesus is just so sweet, you don't want it to end and trust me, it never will.

My name is Oloruntobi Ebunoluwa Ayomide and this is a story for your enjoyment.

P.S: Don't mind the title, I just couldn't come up with one grin
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
abefe99, MhiZDherbee, Bollie29, lanjum, Missmossy, Eniqurl, Dopeyomi, Toyin223, IZEGOLD, holufunmie, bummybummy, esthermotunray, akinmusi, spixytinxy, Vicoch, yommy20, Divepen1
I hope I mentioned right.....

Updates by Monday though....
Ayomide loves you kiss

7 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Bollie29(f): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2017
Following........
Re: ****Hannah by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
oyaaa o, I Don siddon....expecting.... grin.
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 11:42am On Jun 05, 2017
****HANNAH****

"Korede!" She yelled. The four-year toddler scrambled to his feet and ushed in the direction of the voice as he cleaned his mud stained hands on his shorts.

"Ma." He screamed as he got near the out-house that served as toilet to the ten-room bungalow built with esch room facing eachother. His mother was washing the toilet with a very short brrom while his older sister Yejide held a bucket of water for her since there was roster for it and it was her turn. The tall dark woman turned when she heard her son's voice and hissed.

"Paying with mud again abi..." She yelled and the child took a few steps backwards in fear, he knew his mother only toowell and expected that a slap would land on his face any moment but that still did not explain his mother's fury and how did she expect him not to play with mud, all his friends were doing it and he saw no reason why he should be left out of the fun.

"... Okay, maybe your useless father has employed a wash-man or maybe he has bought a washing machine..." This was another thing the child didn't quite understand and found it really hard to comprehend; his parents always cursed themselves at every opportunity they got yet whenever he cursed a friend or playmate, he was always rewarded with a slap; he took a few more steps backward as his mother brandished the broom in haer at him, the young girl stood behind her mother and signalled to the child to move further back and he complied. The woman snapped her fingers at the child and resumed her washing. Korede, young as he was, had the sense to stand quietly and wait for his mother to finish her washing. While waiting, he pondered on the the kind of punishment that would be meted out to him. Sooner than he'd imagined, she was done, she walked past without a side-ward glance at him with Yejide coming up at her rear.

"Shey I dinor teh you that mummy we talk ehn, anything she do for you is your business." She said to her brother and walked on with Korede on her heel.
"Wo, sha bo aso yen kin to fi owo osi gba oju fun e (remove your clothes before i slap you with my left hand)" Iya Yejide, as Hannah was fondly called, yelled as the children entered the house. Korede did as he was ordered and proceeded to dump the clothes in a bucket of soapy water then he sat naked in a corner of the twelve-by-twelve room that served as the family's living room, bedroom and sometimes kitchen. The child sat quietly but alert, calculating, he didn't want to be caught unawares, his mother still hadn't punished, he sat, anticipating, watching her every move, Iya Yejide was in one of her moods, in the anger zone, in my opinion, she was in 'Avatar state'; you know that moment when Aang (the last airbender) is really angry and his whole body lights up? Yes, that was iya yejide's state only that she didn't have the Avatar's tatoos; she had a fierce frown plastered on her face as she was picking this and that and trying to arrange the already neat room. Yejide stood away from away from her mother, she knew better than to move closer, she glanced at the child and saw that he was dozing; suddenly, iya Yejide slumped on the six-by-six bed, held her head in her hands and started crying, Yejide took two confused steps backward, who should she attend to, she thought, was it her crying mother or her sleeping brother whom she was sure would have a terriblr neck pain if he didn't sleep well. She decided to lift the child but she was to scared to lay him on the bed, that would mean getting too close to her mom so she just lay him properly on the cold concrete floor and covered him with a wrapper that had been flung carelessly on the only armchair in the room. Iya Yejide was done crying and she stood with renewed strength and vigour, she woulldn't let life weigh her down, she loosened her wrapper and counted the money she'd tied at the edge, just one thousand and fifty naira; that wasnt enough to offset her debts but she had to feed her children; she placed a five hundred naira note on the bed and tied the rest firmly .

"Yejide, take this money and go to mam Taiwo, just tell her to give you the usual and that I'll see her later." She said and pointed the money at the girl who promptly accepted it and hurried towards the door but was halted in her tracks by her mother's voice.
"Don't worry, I will go by myself, carry that child to the bed and i hope he has soaked those his clothes." Mama Yejide said as she adjusted her clothes, collected the money from the girl and left the room without waiting for a response. Yejide, immediately, locked the door behind her mother, lay her brother on the bed and covered him properly then sat by him.

Mama Yejide quickened her steps because it was already quarter past seven and mama Taiwo never stayed later than seven thirty. Soon enough, she got to her destination to meet mama Taiwo's sales girl packing for the day while the shop owner, mama Taiwo sat on a chair waiting, she was thankful that there were no other customers so she could freely do what she'd come for.

TBC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ****Hannah by Eniqurl(f): 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
Following!
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 11:57am On Jun 06, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

“Mama Taiwo good evening o” she greeted and the latter replied with a wide grin.
“Iya Yejide, my customer, wetin happen all this day, you just disappear, you no just follow me buy market again abi I don sell bad market for you before.” She asked.
“Uh, e no kuku be like that o, my children them don keep me busy for some time now.”
“Eyah, how my son?” Iya Yejide scoffed
“That boy…” she said sarcastically “… he just dey give me wahala, he too like rough play, you no go believe say as rain fall plenty reach today, na this today gangan my pikin know say he wan play with sand, he just doti all the cloth.” Mama Taiwo laughed.
“Abeg leave am o, naso pikin them dey do, they nor know say na person go wash the cloth.” Both women laughed shortly iya Yejide spoke.
“Naso o, if person say make them wash am now, e go be like say we no get conscience.”
“Abi o, my sister, oya, papapa, night don come, make I nor delay you with my talk talk, shey na the usual?” Mama Taiwo asked.
“Ehn o, abeg, take this five hundred, how much my gbese con be now?”
“Ehn, two ‘touson’ (that’s the way she pronounced thousand) minus five ‘hunred’ na one-five then plus this new two ‘touson’ everything con be three-five now.” Mama Taiwo replied then she instructed her sales girl to attend to iya Yejide. Hannah’s heart fell, she knew how much she owed but hearing it made her feel so bad. When she was handed her things, she thanked mama Taiwo profusely and also promised to ‘see her’ during the week before she hurried home.

The things a mother would do to feed her children, Hannah just wanted her children to have at least two meals a day, she was tired of sitting idly all day but she needed capital but her husband had always said he didn’t have money, she prayed daily and also believed in the section of the Lord’s prayer that said ‘GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD’ because she knew that things would only get better because she wouldn’t stop whilst she still had her life and her situation just had no choice but to get better because she was one hell of a fighter, a go-getter, more like a goal-getter.

FIVE YEARS LATER

The room was sparsely furnished, mummy Ruth sat in one of the two cane armchairs cushioned by square shaped foam placed on either sides of the low cane table that served as the centre table. There was a TV stand with a TV set on it and a stereo flanked by its two rectangular speakers on either side of it sat in the inner space; on the TV was a DVD player and a television signal antenna, there was also a cane three-seater with a wooden dining table surrounded by six wooden, straight-backed chairs. This was the living room of the Ayodele’s, Hannah’s parents; her mother was fuming, she was mad at her daughter, she had no form of formal education and had married a semi-literate man who had completed standard six, both husband and wife had vowed to stop at nothing until all their three children had completed their university education but Hannah had thought otherwise and had gotten pregnant two years after her secondary education while she was still waiting to write her second UTME examination, the family had been devastated most especially the father of the house.

Mummy Ruth stared at her second child/daughter, she had her father's stubbornness, she tried on several occassions to make peace between father and daughter but all her efforts had proved abortive, she watched her daughter closely for a minute and shook her head then the anger returned. Hannah sat opposite her mother in the second armchair and played with her fingers absentmindedly, she just wanted to feed her children, that was the only reason she was here, over the years, she'd succeeded in putting her children back in school, Yejide, at eleven, was still in primary four and Korede, at nine, was in primary one. She had tried as a mother, she'd put up with people who had no respect and didn't think twice before insulting her, she knew she'd done well, if nobody was going to praise her, she'd praise herself regardless of what society said or felt. She stole a glance at her mother's face and froze, she realized she'd made a mistake, the expression was ice cold, her heart fell, her mom was her only option of getting any form of help from her family, her dad and older sister, Ruth, had told her to her face that they wanted nothing to do with her and her brother was a young married man with a family of his own, she couldn't bother him, if anything, she should be the one giving assistance to him.

TBC

4 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 2:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION

The silence was deafening, Hannah wished the ground would open up and swallow her but she took it back immediately, it was a stupid wish, it just meant more suffering for her children.

“Maami, you have not said anything.” She said to break the silence.
“What do you want me to say?” mummy Ruth snapped at her daughter “… you know what to do if you want any more help from me, afterall, you old enough to make decisions.” She added.
“But maami, how can you suggest such a thing when you yourself can’t do it?” Hannah cried and her mother laughed sarcastically.
“I am married to a responsible man that can take care of me and his home.” Hannah laughed a bitter laugh then shook her head in regret.
“What a pity, my own mother is advising me to leave my husband’s house…” she said to herself with her right hand on her chest whilst still shaking her head in self-pity. She looked up at her mother and spoke boldly;
“I cannot divorce my husband, I am a Christian and it is against my doctrine and you know that maami, moreover, what do you want me to tell my children? I am disappointed that you insist on this…”
“Kuku pa itan fun mi (Why don’t you tell me a story)…” mummy Ruth snapped again “… what am I even saying, shebi it is the person that you married that you will divorce and much as I know, no man has come to ask for your hand in marriage, you have only been foolish and shameless enough to spread your legs wide for a man, not just any man o, a jobless man who is too lazy to look after himself let alone a wife and two children, Hannah, you are disgrace to the Ayodele’s and I am disappointed in you to say the least.” Hannah’s heart was in shambles, it was broken into many pieces, no amount of glue would be able to put them together; she’d never heard her mother speak, about this matter, with so much venom; a reckless tear fell on her wrapper and she blinked rapidly, crying was a luxury that wouldn’t solve anything, she was in so much debt already that that she just couldn’t afford tears, it was just too expensive and very useless with respect to the situation she found herself in and she’d rather save up her energy for something more productive.
Mummy Ruth crossed the room to be with her daughter, she was sorry for all she’d said but it was needed, Hannah needed to hear the truth and confront it too; she placed a hand across Hannah’s shoulder.

“Hannah, my daughter, we are Yoruba and it is against our culture to divorce but you are not married to this man, that is the main reason why dad is angry with both of you, tell him to do the right thing and ask for your hand properly asides that, don’t you know you are living under a curse, your union is cursed because you don’t have the blessing of either of your parents, twelve years of living with a man that is not traditionally or legally your husband is a waste of time and resources.” Hannah was fed up, she wasn’t here to talk about her marriage or rather her ‘union’, neither was she here for her personal needs, she was only here because of her children, she had to make her mother understand.

“But maami, I need your help for my children, your grand-children…”
“Bring the children here, I will gladly accept them, you are a beautiful girl, you will find a man, trust me.”
“Maami, are you listening to yourself, at thirty-two, you want me to start searching for a husband or what? I’m okay like this, thank you!” Hannah stood to leave, she was angry and her mom shook her head in pity.
“Think about everything I’ve said, meanwhile, take this two thousand naira, that is all I have.” Hannah smiled, so her mom still expected her to collect her money, she’d always known had a sense of humour but she didn’t know it was this much.
“Thank you ma, you can keep your money, my husband and I will survive and bring up our children, I’ll be on my way now.” She said and left the house promising herself not to return there to ask for money or any form of help, ever again. She just needed ten thousand; five to complete the capital she’d been saving and the rest to buy foodstuff and offset some bills. She had just two hundred naira in her purse so she decided to walk the first half of her journey home which would have cost her hundred naira and then she’d board a fifty naira bike home.

P.S- the conversation between Hannah and her mother was in the Yoruba language.

TBC

4 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Bollie29(f): 5:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
Loving the story already. Thumbs up
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 4:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

When she got home, as expected, her children were home from school and were waiting in the neighbour’s room. She fetched them and was surprised to meet her husband at home.
“Ahahn, Tomiwa! What are you doing here?” she asked with a frown.
“What kind of foolish question is that? Where are your manners? So I cannot come home again? Yen yen yen yen yen, you can’t even greet.” The children quickly greeted while the woman just hissed. Tomiwa walked out of the house, he’d had a rough day already and was in no mood for a fight with his wife, he didn’t return till very late. His wife and children were asleep and the door was locked, Tomiwa let himself in and sat heavily in the armchair, he was tired, not just in his body but mentally too; he was ahamed that his wife was the breadwinner even though she didn’t have a well-paying job; he was tired of the incessant arguments he always had with his wife but she was always the cause, she constantly reminded him of his joblessness and inability to cater for the family’s needs which always made him feel less of a man, he was just tired. He emptied his trouser pockets on the stool by the chair and began straightening the crumpled naira notes before counting them then he sighed, just four thousand naira and some change, he sighed again, he had pains all over his body and hadn’t had the time to rest but how was Hannah to know, on the very few occasions when they were not arguing, he always told he his dreams and plans but she’d always used them against him during arguments. He made up his mind not to go to the market the next day, he would instead, deposit fifty thousand out of the sixty five thousand he’d saved to buy a second hand tricycle, the owner had said if he could bring fifty thousand, he would hand over the ‘keke’ and the remaining hundred thousand would be paid over the period of six months with a fifteen percent interest. He was sure Hannah would be surprised that she’d not told him all the while, it was high time he took up a more active role and tangible responsibility as the head of the home. He pocketed the money then took off his clothes, promising himself to give Hannah two thousand naira to offset her outstanding debt with mama Taiwo and collect more foodstuff; the children were growing faster than he’d imagined hence the need to feed them with bigger portions and he could not starve them. He looked round the scanty room but there was no sign of food, they most likely had drunk garri before going to bed, he helped himself to a bowl of garri and water and then went to bed.
The next morning, Tomiwa woke up, as usual, at six-thirty, his family was always up before him; Yejide was sweeping, Korede was cleaning his and Yejide’s school sandals while Hannah was most likely in the kitchen preparing the family’s breakfast/lunch or was in the bathroom.

“Yejide, where is your mother?” he asked just so the children would know he was awake.
“Good morning sir, she’s cooking.” Yejide said on her knees while Korede prostrated. He was very fond of his children and very proud of them too, despite the fact that their mates were in senior classes to theirs, they never seemed bothered, Yejide was so good that the school head mistress had promised her a double promotion when the new school year resumed.

“Good morning my children, how was your night?” Tomiwa replied.
“Daddy, I was waiting for you last night, I thought you’d buy suya for me.” Korede said.
“Don’t worry, I’ll still buy the suya, plenty suya for everybody this night when I come home.” He said then picked his bucket of bath water, that was usually placed by the door with his towel and toiletries; for this, he was grateful to his wife, at least she still accorded him some respect as the head of the home when it came to his bath.

TBC

3 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Kwinolly(f): 5:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
grin nyc wan..thumbs up
Re: ****Hannah by AgoraRoad(m): 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
Visit [url]agoraroad.com[/url] Blog that archives FORBIDDEN knowledge from the Darknet, [url]agoraroad.com[/url]

Re: ****Hannah by Eniqurl(f): 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
Cc: Hadampson
Re: ****Hannah by Nedlog(m): 6:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 10:53am On Jun 12, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

By the time he was done, the children were dressed and wearing their shoes; he smiled to himself ‘this time tomorrow, I will carry my family in my keke’ he thought. He retrieved one of his clean trousers and a polo t-shirt then, as usual, helped the children fill their water bottles and made sure their bags were packed with the right things. Yejide wore her shoes and rushed to meet her mom in the kitchen to help pack the ingredients she’d used in cooking. By seven-thirty, the family said a brief prayer led by Hannah and they were ready to leave home; the children to school, Hannah to the canteen where she washed plates and Tomiwa to the keke dealer instead of the mammy market where he helped a friend for a wage of at least five hundred naira a day depending on how the day’s sales went and how much profit was made. Once out of the house and in the compound while Hannah was locking the door, Tomiwa gave the children fifty naira each as opposed to the ten naira their mother usually gave them, the delighted children thanked their father and danced around, one watching from a distance would have thought they’d won a lottery; Hannah joined her family and smiled when she saw her children’s excitement.

“Ahahn, what are we celebrating?” she asked no one in particular as her eyes darted from Yejide to Korede.
“Daddy gave us fifty fifty naira each.” A delighted Korede screamed. Hannah’s gaze immediately swept over her husband, she wondered why he’d given them money, he was probably celebrating something he hadn’t told her because she’d been hostile for a few days now.
“Daddy thank you o…” she said quickly to mask her suspicion “… Oya children, tell daddy thank you and let us leave, we don’t want to be late.” She added and guided the children towards the gate, Tomiwa held her back awhile, covered her right palm with his left palm and left the two thousand naira in it, Hannah was taken aback, this was the first time in two months that her husband was giving her money for anything.
“What is this for?” she asked, surprise written all over her face.
“Just manage it to buy food for today.” Tomiwa replied, he had a feeling his wife was about to say something nasty or probably begin a tirade of questions which he was not ready for and besides, it was still too early for him to argue with anybody so he walked away quickly and waved at the children who were patiently waiting for their mother. Hannah sighed inwardly and walked the children to their school; she was thankful that they were in school but she wished it wasn’t a public school; she had a strong resolution to change their school as soon as she could afford it. In my opinion, Hannah has totally written off her husband and was taking vital and critical decisions on the family without her husbands’ input, really bad! If you ask me.

The day went quickly, it was a sunny Friday afternoon, Hannah rushed home, as was her usual practice, to warm her children’s lunch and make sure they changed out of their uniforms. When the children had changed, done their homework and eaten, she took them to the neighbour’s room and rushed back to the canteen not noticing that her son hadn’t dropped his school bag.
Korede was relieved that his mom had not questioned him about the bag, he was barely able to contain his excitement, he precede his sister into the room, dumped the bag on the floor and immediately tore it open to retrieve the drawing book he’d just bought; a friend of his had brought the exact same type to school on Monday and he’d promised himself to buy his own even though he’d have to save his daily ten naira for two weeks before he could afford it but God had been really kind to him and his dad, out of the blues, had given him fifty naira in the morning and his sweet sister had also ‘dashed’ him ten naira to complete the money. He knew he had to be careful with his treasure because his mom had always been against his passion for drawing painting(sometimes) but his sister and dad have always been encouraging and supportive; his mom had burnt the last drawing book right in front of him saying he was wasting time and money and was getting distracted from studying.

Yejide walked in after a while and saw her brother staring, in awe, at his new drawing book and she smiled.

“You better keep that thing orelse mummy will burn it again.”
“I know, I’ve been thinking of where to keep it since.”
“Keep it with Bolu, you will tell him to bring it for you in the morning and take it home in the afternoon.” Korede smiled, his sister was simply the best, he knew he could always count on her for advice; she always had his back one hundred percent.
“Thank you, I dinor even remember that one.”
“I know you will not remember na…” she said with a smile “… me am going to shade’s house, I’ve forgotten our next week hairstyle.” She lied.
“Hmmm. Lie lie, which forgotten, just say you wantu goan play, sha be going, maybe I will go to Kabiru’s house to play ball.” Korede replied.
“Ah, if mummy asks why your cloth is dirty, am not there o.”
“I will remove it na, are we going to tell mummy Sewa before we go?”
“Yes now, am even going with Sewa sef and instead of going to Kb’s house why don’t you kuku rush to Bolu’s shop and give him the kini.” Korede grinned, his sister was just super smart. They left the house having at the back of their minds that their mother closed by eight pm.

TBC
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello dear readers, so sorry for the late update, no excuses, just pure laziness... thanks for understanding, Ayomide loves you kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

Tomiwa had had a very productive first day as a thirty-five year old keke rider, the person he’d bought the tricycle from had been kind enough to introduce him to the garage boys and had explained that he was working for him. Tomiwa only rode short distances and made two hundred naira for trip. By the end of the day, Tomiwa had gone about twenty trips and had made a whooping four thousand naira; on his way home, he bought the suya he’d promised his son and some other goodies, he also made up his mind to save at least five thousand naira a month just so it would be easy for him to pay up his one hundred and fifteen thousand naira debt; his wife would be shell shocked, he knew, she didn’t even know he had a bank account let alone fifteen thousand naira in it. As he rode home, Tomiwa felt proud of himself, soon, he got to his neighbourhood; he’d purposely left the park at night to avoid answering any questions from his nosey neighbours.
Tomiwa opened the gate and rolled the tricycle into the compound, as he locked the gate, he was grateful that there was light so most people were in their rooms, just then, mama Lati walked out of the building tying a wrapper and most likely on her way to dump refuse.

“Ahahn baba Yejide, good evening o, e ku ojo meta (it has been a while)” Tomiwa hissed under his breath, he wondered why she’d not just gone straight to the point when she’d seen him just the previous afternoon and had even asked him why he was home early but he’d laughed it off.
“Abi o, good evening iya Lateefah.” He said with a forced smile.
“Ehn, how work?” she continued
“Thank God o.” Tomiwa replied and continued on his way having had enough of her talk.
“Ehn o, naso e suppose be, na only God fit do am…” she said with a grin “… na who con get that keke?” she asked, finally hitting the nail on the head; Tomiwa looked about him as though he didn’t know what she was talking about before he finally settled his gaze on the tricycle then smiled.
“This one?” he asked.
“Ehn o.” she replied with enthusiasm
“Na God provide am for me and my family, make you help me thank this baba God o.”
“Eh!…” she exclaimed “… congratulations o, this one good o, I pray in Jesus name say this keke no go do you accident (Amen) you no go jam person (amen), person no go jam you (amen), you go dey see plenty plenty passenger(amen), for park, agbero no go see you (amen), all these people wey dey collect money for bus-stop no go disturb you (amen), Almighty God go…”
“Iya Lateefah! The prayer don do, I don tire for today work, thank you ehn, goodnight.” Tomiwa cut her short and rolled the keke to the side of the house without a sideward glance at her.

TBC

4 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by xaviercasmir(m): 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nice work. Keep it up
Re: ****Hannah by EvaJael(f): 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
Following
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

Tomiwa walked into the house and sat heavily in the armchair amidst greetings from his family, as usual, Yejide brought him a bowl of clean water and soap to wash his hands and a napkin to dry it. After sitting for a while, a thought suddenly popped in his head, his wife needed a phone, her phone’s mouth piece was really bad and it was difficult for her to make and receive calls.

“Daddy thank you for the money you gave us in the morning, are you ready to eat?” Hannah voiced into his thoughts.
“Em, you’re welcome, what did you cook?” he asked.
“Eba and Egusi.” She replied simply.
“Daddy, if you eat that Egusi ehn, you will enjoy your life.” Korede added and Tomiwa smiled.
“How long ago have you guys eaten?” he asked, completely disregarding his wife’s offer of food.
“Since nine.” Hannah replied.
“Okay, please give me garri because I bought six hundred naira suya and I cannot allow I cannot allow it to waste.” Yejide and Korede screamed for joy while Hannah had on a perplexed look; Tomiwa had never refused eating except they’d just had a heated argument.
“So it is the food I cooked that can waste or should waste abi.” She demanded.
“No now…” Tomiwa said calmly “… I will eat it tomorrow morning before going to work…” Hannah hissed but Tomiwa ignored her, he planned to tell her about the ‘keke’ tonight but he decided that she was clearly in no mood to receive good news. He turned his attention to Yejide and instructed her to serve him garri and water ten he proceeded to share the suya; he took the smallest portion as he watched his children eat the suya with unmasked happiness; luckily for him, Hannah rejected her portion, probably as a sign of protest and he was only too delighted to eat it. He’d also bought a large loaf of bread and promised the children a breakfast of bread, fried eggs and beverage the next morning. Hannah didn’t say a word to him till the family said their night prayers and went to bed but that was the least of the thirty-five year old’s worries.

The next morning, Hannah woke up, as usual, at five AM, had her bath, woke the children for their bath before she proceeded to the kitchen while her children continued with other chores; after sweeping, Yejide rushed to the kitchen to remind her mother that their dad had promised to make the family’s breakfast but Hannah waved her off. Later, when Tomiwa had had his bath and his wife was about leaving for work, Tomiwa decided to break the good news to his family.

“Good morning everybody…” he began then looked round the room to ensure he had their full attention.
“… who amongst you has gone outside today? (pause)… well, I am pleased to inform you that God has provided a ‘keke maruwa’ for us, I paid the first installment of fifty thousand naira yesterday and oga Friday has given me one of his two keke’s.” he concluded with a wide grin. The family was in celebration mode as the elated children jumped for joy and Hannah knelt as she sang praises to God. Without warning, Hannah gave her husband a warm hug with her tear streaked face resting on his chest; Tomiwa’s insides warmed up instantly and he felt close to tears as he returned the hug; Hannah tore herself from the embrace and cleaned her face with a wrapper.
“Come and show me, I am proud of you my husband.” She said with unmasked joy. The whole family trooped out of the room with Tomiwa as the lead; Hannah hugged him again when she saw the yellow and black tricycle parked by the fence.

TBC
Hello dear readers, thanks for following this far, I really appreciate it.
I need your help with some things though, so far I know I haven't donr too much with respect to suspense but what I'd really like is constructive criticism on my use of English and grammar.
A timely response will be much appreciated,
Yours truly, Ayomide and here comes my signature emoji............. kiss

2 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Toyin223(f): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
Wonderfull Story
Re: ****Hannah by Toyin223(f): 1:07pm On Jun 14, 2017
Tank For Mention
INTRO

Life, they say, is beautiful;
For some, it is a bed of roses;
For others, it is a game.

Life is a game; play it.
Life is a game and your survival depends on how skillful you are;
Your ability to maneuver;
Sometimes, you win, other times, you lose or in rare cases you end up in a draw;
Some claim to be in luck, I sigh at that fact, LUCK! such a rare commodity.

Life is a play, act it;
It all depends on how well you play your character;
Most times, you have to be the character, not just mimmicking.

Life! It means so many different things to different people;
For some, it could mean a game of soccer where twenty-two people struggle for one small thing;
Or a game of scrabble where you are given a letter and asked to fill th
Re: ****Hannah by Guestposterfee: 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nice one Really captivating keep sharpening ur skill can we please chat on whatsapp 08162368248
Re: ****Hannah by princessadeola(f): 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2017
Following
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 5:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

“Tomiwa, o ma maa gbe battery kini yii wole lalale ni o.” (Tomiwa, you will need to carry the tricycle’s battery in every night.) Hannah advised.
“Ehn, o ye mi.” (yes, I understand.)
“Daddy, daddy, will you carry us to school with this keke?” Korede asked beaming.
“Shut up jare, olodo, it is called a tricycle.” Yejide corrected and Tomiwa laughed.
“Ati keke o, ati tricycle o (Whether you call it a keke or a tricycle), it is the same and yes my son, from today I will be carrying you to school with it.”
“Eh, will you still be giving us fifty-fifty naira to school?” Korede further questioned.
“Shut up ko gbenu e soun (and keep quiet), fifty naira ko, five hundred naira ni.” Hannah countered and Tomiwa just laughed, this was one of the few moments he loved when every member of the family seemed to be on the same page.
“Oya mummy, let us drop you at work, time is going.” Tomiwa announced and Yejide rushed into the house to get her mom’s bag and also lock the door before the family set out to drop the mother of the house at her work place; Tomiwa took his children on a short cruise around the neighbourhood and tried his best to keep greetings short then he made them the breakfast he’d promised, handed them to mummy Sewa (the neighbour they stayed with) and finally headed to the park for the day’s business.

*********************************************************************************************************

“My dear sister that is how God works, can you see what patience has done?”
“Ah, mummy, thank you for all your advice, I really appreciate it.”
“It is God my dear, only God is capable.”
“He didn’t even tell me what he was planning and the business has been thriving, God had been protecting him.”
“It is God and I hope he’s paying his tithe regularly.”
“Mummy, don’t you trust me? I make sure he pays every week.”
“Ah! Every week ke, that is too much o and besides, tithe is a monthly affair now.”
“Mummy, it is not too much o, Tomiwa earn daily, so paying tithe’s weekly is not too much, even me gan, I pay weekly.”
“Okay o, Mrs Obafemi, if you say so, I should be on my way now, my regards to your husband when he returns.”
“Yes ma, my regards to pastor and the children ma.” Hannah replied as the pastor’s wife stood to leave. Hannah smiled to herself, God had been wonderful to her family; it had been three months since her husband stated his business as a commercial tricyclist and so far there’d been no issue with paying oga Friday monthly, she was glad she’d not listened to her mother even when she’d been tempted on several occasions (and had even voices them to Tomiwa), the new school year had begun and he rwonderful daughter had been promoted to primary six as the head mistress had promised and Korede was now in primary three, Tomiwa too had been doing well, she’d even left the canteen and had rented a stall where she sold foodstuff (small scale though), she and tomiwa had also been planning to hold their ‘tunmigbe’ (remarriage) after they’d settled the keke debts, this decision was not prompted by the need to reconcile with her father and sister but purely because she and her husband wanted to do the right thing and get married properly. (One thing you should know is that Hannah’s father is a very stubborn man and Hannah had gotten her stubbornness from him).

TBC
Hello fam, sorry for the late update, please be informed that there will be no update until Monday (I need to collect my thoughts and pen them down.)
And also, in addition to my earlier request (it's in the last update), I would love to know if my writing has been visual, I mean have you been able to put the words into pictures from the style of writing?
Thanks for your time, a timely response would be much appreciated.
Ayomide loves you all. winkkiss

2 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Eniqurl(f): 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
Am happy for Hannah's family.....wehdome ma!
Re: ****Hannah by Treasurewamiri(f): 10:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hope this newfound happiness would not be short lived?

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by MhizDherbee(f): 10:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
Ayomi, a gud story you have here. I'm pride if you{in jenifa's voice}

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by EvaJael(f): 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2017
This is good. I hope nothing destroys their new found happiness

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by Kwinolly(f): 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
Helo Ayo..nice story so far..now that Hannah is happy,i just hope ntn apens 2 spoil that happiness cox the way ur sounding..i sense danger in d nearest future
Re: ****Hannah by Toyin223(f): 9:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
Make I Invited My Wonderful Peoples To Dis Place KimberlywesT PamelB Rachealfst Lilyjoe567 SurestG TiffanyJ Mhizgap Petekeys6 Bibi294 Ozila Marianneade Angelsss Reereespace Kayo80 Onyenso100

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ****Hannah by mhizgap(f): 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2017
following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How An Encounter With A Marijuana Smoker Helped Solved My Problem- Johnspeak / Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / My Service Year In Yorubaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.