Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

****Hannah - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ****Hannah (19160 Views)

HANNAH! 18+(Complete). / Crazy Hannah - By Lady C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 11:16am On Jun 29, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

Two days later, as was his usual practice, Tomiwa dropped his children in school and his wife at the market before heading to the park for the day’s business. It was a beautiful Tuesday morning, the weather was just right and everybody at the park went about their business as usual. Five long trips into Tomiwa’s day, luck smiled at him; he’d just dropped off a passenger and was about turning when two hefty guys walked up to him.
“Oga you dey do drop?” one of them asked.
“It depends because I no dey like to go far like that, where you dey go?”
“Na just Ganiu street there.” The second one replied, pointing to indicate that their destination was close.
“Okay, na five hundred o.”
“Oya make we dey go.” The first one replied as they got into the tricycle, Tomiwa smiled at his luck, he’d expected them to haggle the price even though he wasn’t willing to accept anything less than three hundred naira. Soon, they got to their destination, paid their fare and turned when a voice stopped them.
“Na that guy carry una come?”
“Babanla, na him o, you know am?”
“He don carry me for free before, how much you can give am?”
“Na drop we do so na five fibre we give am.”
“No o, add one bale join.”
“Okay.” And he gave Tomiwa an extra one thousand naira. The happy Tomiwa smiled and thanked them before leaving.
As soon as he left, one of the hefty guys spoke.
“Babanla, I just dey reason am o, that guy go dey useful for us o.”
“Shanawole, I dey shame for you o, you no con get sense again, why you dey talk like this, person wey we nor know, I don dey tell you say you no dey get sense for afternoon but you no wan gree.” The second guy replied. Babanla was lost in thought, shanawole could be right, the tricycle rider could actually be useful if they approached him in the right way; meanwhile the two hefty guys had engaged in a curse battle.
“Eish!” babanla shouted to quiet them.
“Everytime, I dey always ask God why hin gimme two senseless omose (workers) like you, una two no dey get sense except when money is involved.” He added.
“Baba, na this idiot o, I just bring suggestion come and he…” Shanawole was saying before Babanla hushed him.
“Just shut your dirty mouth, I never talk finish, you don dey display another round of foolishness (pause) now, you Shanawole, your suggestion actually has sense in it but we know next to nothing about this guy so from tomorrow, you must follow him around and monitor his movements to find out his daily routine while Scorpion will monitor the garage for any suspicious activities and please make sure you are as discreet as possible. I need a report by Friday.” He said with an air of finality, Shanawole and Scorpion nodded to show that they understood the instructions and then followed Babanla into the house.
Meanwhile, Tomiwa continued his business as usual, grateful for the little fortune he’d made. After the day’s business, he went home to be with his family. As was the family tradition, everyone had to summarise their day to the whole family after dinner then night prayers will be said and everyone could go to bed.

TBC

3 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Toyin223(f): 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
Weldone
Re: ****Hannah by EvaJael(f): 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hmmm Tomiwa shud be careful
Re: ****Hannah by JaeSharp(m): 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
well done ma... keep the update flowing... and Tomiwa should be careful
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

One innocent week later, Tomiwa sat at his favourite canteen eating when Shanawole walked in with a younger guy. They sat two tables away from the oblivious Tomiwa and communicated in low tones so as not to attract attention to themselves, the plan was to remain as inconspicuous as possible to avoid Tomiwa suspecting anything; they both ordered their food and ate normally like other customers. Tomiwa finished eating before them and left the canteen, from their findings, they knew he’d walk back to the garage, rest awhile before continuing his business. Unknown to Tomiwa, there was a lanky young man waiting just outside the canteen ready to follow Tomiwa just to re-confirm his daily routine, as expected; Tomiwa casually walked the short distance to the garage and went straight to his tricycle to rest. The guy lingered around awhile but never strayed too far from his target, he was extra cautious of his actions because he could not be noticed by any of the garage touts else he was a dead man. He walked briskly to the rendezvous and was glad to meet his colleagues waiting in the getaway car; he got in quickly and they zoomed off. They all alighted at their destination and walked into the expensively furnished living room of the three-bedroom flat that belonged to Babanla. Scorpion was on hand to receive them then he heralded their arrival to the boss who appeared minutes later with a tobacco cigar stick jutting out from the right side of his mouth and a bottle of Hennessey in one hand. One look at him and you don’t need an external observer to tell you he was high; he sat heavily in one of the three cream leather armchairs and propped his legs on the glass centre table. One point to note about Babanla is that no matter how high he was, when it came to business, he was always alert.

TBC
---------------------------------
Anticipate.

4 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

“Any show?” Babanla asked in a husky voice which meant the boss just got served by a girl.
“Baba, everything dey normal, we have confirmed the guy’s routine.” Shanawole replied.
“Okay good, Shadow, what is the next line of action, what do you have planned?”
“Baba, we don’t need to give him too much info, Scorpion will approach and tell him that we’d always contact him whenever we need a ride.” Shadow, the one who’d followed Tomiwa from the canteen, replied.
“Shadow, that sounds too easy.”
“Baba, I know but trust me, once we have used him like four or five times, we’d start dropping bits of info, that way, he’d at least be waist deep before he figures out anything.” Babanla smiled, Shadow was the brain behind his success, he could never disagree with him when it came to business and he just felt whatever he said was right and final; being a first class graduate of economics, Babanla had every reason to believe that Shadow was a certified strategist. He knew that the other boys in the inner circle were jealous of his behaviour towards Shadow but he cared less, he couldn’t let other people’s feeling destroy his business.
“Fine…” he finally said “… That’s final boys, the Shadow has spoken and I believe you can handle yourselves from here, Scorpion serve them, I have unfished business, I’ll see you guys later.” He concluded and went back the way he’d come. Shanawole and the other guy sat beaming knowing fully well that the phrase ‘serve them’ didn’t mean just drinks, it also meant there was a package containing at least fifty thousand naira in it, except Shadow, he was always serious. Shadow collected his package and walked out of the house without saying goodbye to anybody but the guys were used to it, he was the boss’ right hand man and they couldn’t complain.
“Wetin dey always do this Shadow guy sef.” The new recruit, the one that had gone with Shanawole to the canteen, asked.
“Ol’boy, you better mind your mouth, if Baba hear you, your own just fit finish nanow, I no go do like say I know you gan.” Scorpion chided.
“Rugged, I no pity you at all o, I dey always tell you say no be everything wey your eye see na im your mouth go talk, abeg no kobalise my career o because if anything happen, na me them go call.” Shanawole further scolded the nineteen year old.
“Okay, e don do, make we sef enjoy small now.” Scorpion said and retrieved a bottle of vodka from the boss’ mini-bar just behind the dining table.

*********************************************************************************************************

“Tomiwa, I’m your wife and confidant, just tell me how you got the money.”
“Hannah it’s like you’re the one satan sent to ruin my mood this night abi, well for your information, go back to those that sent you and tell them I’m not around.” Hannah clapped her hands thrice.
“When you’re not doing taxi business, ordinary keke rider lasan lasan and somebody is always paying five thousand for drop, ordinary keke o and it’s not as if you’re going far o. just garage to Ganiu street that the highest amount you’ll collect for a trip is four hundred and somebody paid five k, okay, you’ve turned me to mugu abi or you think I’m stupid abi or maybe you’ve started taking things that don’t belong abi and…”
“Hannah! If you don’t shut up now, I will slap that your loose mouth, you must be stupid, infact you’re mad, it is me that you’re talking to in that manner abi, you’re raising your voice at me.” Tomiwa shouted while Hannah stared wide-eyed with both hands on her chest, seconds later, she broke into a sarcastic laugh and clapped again.
“Eh, I am finished, my husband wants to slap me…” she said to no one in particular then turned to face Tomiwa.
“… So because I asked you a simple question, you want to beat me, because I asked a simple question Tomiwa you want to slap me, oya na, this is my face now, come and slap infact, this is my whole body, beat me, what am I saying gan, kill me, if you don’t kill me today, you’re a bastard, kill me o and eat my flesh.” She said and held Tomiwa by his shirt collar as she pushed her head on his chest.

TBC
P.S: Next update comes on Monday.
Thanks for following. kiss

2 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by EvaJael(f): 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
This Hannah eh...lol. Patiently waiting for monday
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

Tomiwa was fed up, his wife was just being stupid. ‘maybe she’s possessed by an anti-hapiness demon’ he thought as he pushed her away from himself.
“I have no time for this woman, so please get out of my way.” He said and walked out of the room. Hannah blinked in quick succession, her husband had never walked out on her like this, she’d expected him to push her and go to bed while she conyinued shouting but she was shocked at his reaction, she became panicky, did this mean she was going to lose her husband due to her nagging, her feet were glued to the ground, she couldn’t move them, she even tried to call him back and realized she’d lost her voice, she watched him leave the room and slam the door hard behind him, her knees buckled from the shock and she slumped to the ground and soundlessly cried. She just let the tears flow, feeling too weak to make any sound; Tomiwa had never acted this way, different thoughts rushed through her mind, maybe it’s a woman that is giving him money. Yejide stirred on her mattress and Hannah’s sorrow increased, what if Tomiwa never came back, where would she go, that would spell doom for her, how would she cater for the children alone, how would she pay the rent and school fees, she couldn’t do any of these alone, she wiped the tears, she had to stay positive, Tomiwa was not a heartless man, she was sure he’d be back soon so she decided to wait till he came back so she could apologize. She waited and waited and waited, constantly checking the time on the wall clock and cross-checking with the one on her phone but Tomiwa didn’t return that night, her imaginations ran wild as she couldn’t control her thoughts, later, four painful hours of waiting in vain, she succumbed to the power of the tears she’d been holding in, she cried briefly then went on her knees to the one thing she knew was right, she prayed but she still did not have a strong enough faith to battle her fears and calm her nerves. She drifted into an uneasy sleep, and was beside herself all night then it was five AM and she had to get up to prepare for the day still hoping that Tomiwa would show up at least for a bath so she could apologize but that did not happen; the children, ofcourse, were surprised that their father wasn’t home but they knew better than to ask their already agitated mum. The day went by
The day went by quickly with Hannah hardly concentrating on her business, she’d tried Tomiwa’s number severally but to no avail, he’d rejected all her calls. She closed her stall early and went home sad, she instructed Yejide to prepare dinner while she lay hopelessly on the bed. Around nine PM, Tomiwa came home with goodies for the children and a plate of food, Hannah’s joy knew no bounds but she kept a lid on it, he replied his family’s greetings and went on to eat.
“Tomiwa, where were you last night?” Hannah asked when she was sure the children were asleep.
“Woman, I am not ready for your queries this night.” He replied.
“Okay o, but you know what you did was wrong, you left just like that, I was worried and you…”
“Worried ko, worried abi angry that I didn’t give you the opportunity to run that loose tap you have as a mouth.” He cut in and Hannah smiled, she wasn’t going to argue even though she found it difficult to say sorry.
“No o, I was worried because you weren’t picking my calls.” She said calmly
“See ehn Hannah, if you’re not careful, this your mouth will just push me into another woman’s arms, there are already a lot of them at the garage there making passes at me, it won’t take me anything to start sleeping with them, it’s just the fear of God that is holding me back.” He fired. Hannah swallowed hard, she had no idea her marriage was sitting on the sharp edge of a knife and could be torn apart without her even realizing it.

TBC

4 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Toyin223(f): 4:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
U Make A Day
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

“I am sorry.” She muttered and Tomiwa hissed.
“See, I have had a very long and tiring day, I want to sleep.” He said and climbed the bed. Hannah smiled to herself ‘ so the witches and wizards of my village are not satisfied yet, first they turned my father against me for years now my husband abi, well I won’t fold my hands and watch, I must pray against that strange woman or women in my husband’s life.’ She thought to herself then prayed for some minutes before joining Tomiwa on the bed.

*********************************************************************************************************

Tomiwa sat cautiously in the armchair, he had a bad feeling about his dealings with this guys but the pay was handsome, soon, a lady came in with a glass of juice for him, she dropped the tray on the stool beside him and smiled before sitting in the armchair across from him.
“You will be attended to shortly.” She said and he smiled. He looked the girl over and shook his head, she was too much temptation, she had on jean shorts that looked more like panties and a black bra top. She sat cross-legged such that it was impossible for Tomiwa to look in her direction and not see her buttocks; maybe she was sitting that way on purpose; he looked at her again and her exclaimed in his mind, her bosom was full and her cleavage was graciously exposed, he looked at her face briefly, she had on a seductive evil smile. Tomiwa smacked himself mentally and unconsciously traced his wedding band ‘I am a married man and a father, I shouldn’t be looking this girl.’ He chided himself but this lady was all shades of temptation; she shifted seductively in her seat with her eyes trained on him, watching and most likely enjoying his uneasiness while Tomiwa just sat like a fool half-expecting her to walk over and start touching him. Tomiwa swallowed hard, sitting here was getting too uncomfortable for him, he took a large gulp of his mango juice and adjusted in his seat, he wondered what was taking whoever was supposed to attend to him so long to appear and just then, he was saved by the gun.

A tall chocolate skinned man with a very handsome face but very lean features walked out from the inner quarters of the house holding a small bag. He was wearing khaki shorts and a football jersey, his heard was scraped bald and his beards looked very neat. The lady smiled and excused herself while Tomiwa heaves a deep sigh of relief. Shadow looked Tomiwa over and smiled cynically.

“Get up…” he ordered and Tomiwa did. “You’re the keke guy right?” he asked.
“Yes sir.” Tomiwa answered in his most confident voice.
“Good, follow me, let’s talk.” Shadow said and led the way through the kitchen to a veranda, he waved Tomiwa to one of the three plastic chairs arranged side by side while he leaned casually on the railings, not minding that he was three storeys above the ground.
“Now, my boys have assured me that you are trustworthy and that my package is safe with you.” He said, gesturing to the bag and Tomiwa nodded.
“Good, I want you to deliver this bag to a location; can you do that for me? (Tomiwa nodded again) I see you are a man of little words which is fine by me, it only makes my job easier…” he said and handed Tomiwa the bag.
“… how much will you collect from here to Ritaville?” he asked.
“Sir, those other two guys just pay what they feel like, I don’t charge them sir.”
“You mean you don’t have a fixed price?”
“No sir, I don’t work up to Ritaville and I don’t even know how much it costs to get there.”
“Very well then, I will give you seven thousand naira and an extra three thousand naira to buy fuel.” Tomiwa wanted to jump for joy but he had to control himself, a whooping ten thousand naira for a trip, he could do this all his life if given the chance.

TBC

4 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by EvaJael(f): 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2017
Trouble dey sleep,wahala go wake am. Issorite
Re: ****Hannah by Missmossy(f): 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
Poverty though embarassed it is well keep it coming Ayoomodaddy more inspiration to you. Thumbs up.
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

“Thank you sir.” Tomiwa said beaming then Shadow reeled off and address to him and instructed him to call Shanawole or Scorpion if he had any difficulties before dismissing him.
On the way, Tomiwa was tempted to check the content of the bag but he didn’t, he just felt too grateful to the handsome young man whose name he didn’t know. He got to his destination an hour later and was told to wait for fifteen minutes before he was attended to, when it was time, he was ushered into a furniture bare room and searched thoroughly then into another where the bag was received. The receiver looked the bag over for some time then made a quick call to inform whoever it was that ‘the package’ had arrived before he was dismissed finally. On his way out, he was given a brown paper bag that contained his pay. An overjoyed Tomiwa checked the time, one PM, he still had to ride one hour to the mainland then about twenty more minutes to the garage if he still wanted to go on with his business as usual but he decided to go home straight.
Shadow sat in his room, hunched over his laptop when a call came through, it was the boss.
“Hello.” He said casually with one hand still tapping at the PC’s keyboard.
“Shadow, I think he’s good to go.”
“Hmmm, was the seal intact?”
“Yes, very, what’s your opinion?” Babanla asked.
“He’s a poor man, desperate but not too desperate still but he has the right amount of desperation for the job, he needs the money really bad, I have assessed him, he won’t talk.”
“Hmmm, Shadow, I trust your judgement but if he becomes difficult, you know what to do.”
“Yes boss.”
“By the way, when’s your trip due?”
“Two days.”
“Very well then, we’ll see what happens on your return.” Babanla concluded and ended the call. Shadow closed the laptop, got to his feet and got dressed. The lady from earlier lay sprawled on the bed, he gathered her in one heavy heap and lifted her as her head and arms hung limp, he carried her to the living room and dumped her drugged body on the couch then went back to pack her things from the room an dropped them carelessly on the floor beside her, he looked at her awhile ‘she’ll come round soon’ he thought to himself then went back to the room to continue what he was doing, he had business to handle and he wasn’t ready to put the whole crew at risk. After a while, he went over to the wardrobe and retrieved his .38 caliber smith & Wesson pistol, loaded and put it in his belt holster then wore a black leather jacket over it. He looked himself over in the full mirror screwed to the wall, he was good to go, he picked his backpack, wore his vans, locked the room, pocketed the key and left the house not forgetting to wear his black Adidas fez cap. Off he went, into the night to sort out the boss’ dirty laundry, that’s why they called him Shadow, he is stealth and inconspicuous, he could blend perfectly into the night without a stealth gear, he is Shadow; crafty, intelligent, cunning yet he looked innocent, his handsome features would never give him away, he looked like one who couldn’t hurt a confused fly let alone a wicked mosquito but tonight, he was on a mission to end a life or at least leave an unforgettable scar, he is Shadow; ruthless and bloody, always enjoying the suffering and pain of his victims, none of his victims ever noticed him until he was too close and had backed them in a corner, he is Shadow; he followed his victims everywhere making sure they had no escape route and didn’t leave until they’d breathed their last, he is Shadow; even closer than your shadow, whenever he spared a life, it was usually maimed and even wished, literally begged, for death. He is Shadow, his victims’ worst nightmare.

TBC.

2 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Toyin223(f): 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: ****Hannah by Eniqurl(f): 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2017
Another dimension... Tomiwa is in deep shiit
Re: ****Hannah by piroux(f): 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
I just started reading but i can't help feeling sad yet hopeful. Tomiwa sounds like the average Nigerian. Their instincts warn them off but the greed is greater. I love happy endings, this story is just too realistic cry
Re: ****Hannah by bummybummy(f): 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
Tomiwa, tomiwa, tomiwa, ao many times did I call u, u beta go back to ur family b4 somtin bad happen to u
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 4:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

Hannah woke with a start, her wrapper was soaked in her own sweat, she touched her face and it was there, the tears were real, she’d been crying in the dream, the nightmare was terrible. In the dark room, she felt the bed for her torchlight and switched it on, grateful that she’d charged it the previous night. The room was illuminated by the white light. She looked round the room, her family was sound asleep, just then, Tomiwa shifted on the bed and she sighedthen turned off the flash light. Tomiwa had changed so much, it had been two months since he’d stopped being an everyday-keke-rider, now he only went to the garage when he was bored, he’d been bringing money home at least once a week and whenever she’d asked how he got it, he always waved her away, the money was much and so constant that they were already planning to move to a bigger apartment. She sighed deeply, Tomiwa was still a great father to their two kids and she was grateful but their relationship as a couple was dwindling, even communication was now a big deal. Her mind went back to the dream, it was a weird one in that she’d been crying all through, over what and why, she could not remember, there was something creepy about it though, she hadn’t been crying, she’d been mourning someone or something, her mind was bare of details save for the fact that she’d been wearing black from head to toe and it was really scary. She honestly hoped it wasn’t as bad as it seemed; she was at a loss for what to do so she did the one thing she believed in, the only thing that could soothe her fraying nerves, what she’d been taught as a child and what she was teaching her children, she prayed, prayer had always been her escape right from when she was a child and even now. After praying, she went back to sleep with her faith.

When it was five AM, the family got up as usual even though the children were on holidays but Tomiwa had suggested that Hannah took them to her parents’ and so, their bags were packed and ready. When everyone was done, morning prayers had been said, breakfast had been eaten and it was time to move, Tomiwa lay on the bed tapping at the new android phone he’d bought one week ago.

“Tomiwa we’re ready.” Hannah announced and Tomiwa sat up while the expectant children were waiting eagerly by the door. Tomiwa retrieved ten crisp one thousand naira notes from his wallet and gave them to his wife.
“That’s ten thousand naira for your parents…” he said then retrieved two extra one thousand naira notes “… this one is for your transport.£ he added as his wife collected the money with a puzzled look on her face.
“Aren’t you dropping us?” she asked.
“Obviously, I’m not, se I’m tired, I need to rest.” He said and Korede’s face fell, ‘daddy has changed’ he thought to himself, the dad he knew would only be too glad to carry them in his tricycle but not this man.
“Okay o.” Hannah said resignedly and ushered the children out of the room. As soon as they’d gone, Tomiwa decided to call Shanawole.

“Hello sir.” He said as soon as he answered.
“Tomiwa how far na.”
“I dey o, I just call to greet you o, make una no forget me o.”
“No shaking, e good as you call because I bin wan call you before sef, work dey wey you go do.”
“Ah, I get luck o, thank you sir, which day be that?”
“Na today, rather tonight because na night journey.”
“Ehehn, wetin night journey mean abeg?”
“No worry your head, just show for my side around six PM.”
“Em, okay sir.”
“No carry keke come o, motor dey wey you go drive.”
“Okay sir.” Tomiwa said and Shanawole ended the call. Tomiwa was sceptical, he had a bad feeling about this ‘night journey’, he adjusted his sitting posture and stretched, he’d never given a deep thought to the nature of this guys’ job but somewhere at the back of his mind, he’d always suspected them to be an organised cartel of drug dealers and at other times, such as this, he couldn’t help but think that they were armed robbers.

TBC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 3:56pm On Jul 07, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

Tomiwa sighed, he knew he’d got himself in a deep mess but he had to do it, he needed the money so bad. Right there and then, he promised himself to stop once he’d saved enough to establish himself; ‘I give myself six more months and I’m done.’ He said to himself then decided to go to the garage.
There were six of them, heavily armed with pistols and handguns, each of them was masked and all the guns had silencers attached to them. Chief Aregbeyo knew he had to cooperate except he was ready to lose his life. Their leader sat on a stool in front of the chief, ready for what seemed to be a chat.

“Olakunle Aregbeyo aka chief Aregbeyo…” scorpion began “… you know why I accepted this job, it’s because I like you, your name just hit me like that and I fell in love with it…” he paused briefly and looked at his colleagues “… abi don’t you think the name is nice?” he asked and turned back to face the chief.

“Olakunle stands for money full house then Aregbeyo means you dey always happy when you see your friends, what a nice name! But since we are your friends and you haven’t come to see us, we are here.” He said. He talked on for another five minutes, urging the chief to be calm and that they wouldn’t hurt him if he cooperated with them while the chief merely nodded.
“So chief, what do you have to say?”
“Please, please, don’t hurt my family and please before you kill me, tell me who sent you.” He said and the gang burst into epileptic fits of laughter.

“You must be very stupid!” Scorpion thundered and crashed the butt of his gun down the side of the chief’s face, the latter let out a cry which only angered the thug more. Scorpion got to his feet and gave the chief a fierce kick making sure the heel of his timberland boot drew blood from his nose; he pulled the chief up by the collar of his pyjama shirt.

“I hate the likes of you, I hate your guts, I even hate the person that sent me but you’re very lucky I signed a contract and I was asked not to kill you.” He spat and pushed him down roughly then signaled to one of the boys to give him a cigarette stick and a lighter.
“Now I will sit back and enjoy the rest of the show.” He said and sat in an armchair. Another guy came forward with a horse whip to beat the chief.
Fifteen strokes later, the chief’s face was bloody.

“Be wise!” Scorpion said finally and the gang filed out of the house. When they’d gone, the chief touched his swollen face and winced, all the strokes had been deliberately targeted at delicate skin of his face and neck, he looked round him, at the blood stained tiles and shook his head, he had so many enemies, that’s what politics is about, it was a dirty game and whoever sent these guys was ready for a rough ride, I got to his feet promising himself to get to the bottom of the matter.

TBC

3 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Toyin223(f): 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2017
Monday Cant Wait Nice 1
Re: ****Hannah by Eniqurl(f): 11:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
Weldone ma!
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

The gang walked back to the waiting Toyota Sienna mini-van, got in with Scorpion comfortably seated in the front passenger seat. Tomiwa drove off into the night as soon as the door was rolled shut. He was nervous, he drove at top speed on Scorpion’s instruction but he was cautious, he hadn’t noticed them bring anything extra into the van and had also noticed the blood stains on the horse whip. He drove cautiously back to the ‘hood’ as Scorpion’s mini-flat was usually called, taking in as much detail as he could from the silent gang. On getting there, they all filed in and everyone one of them had to sleep in the most comfortable spot they found.

The house was dark, Tomiwa’s mind wandered off in thought as he lay staring at the ceiling, the fan was blowing at top speed but he hardly felt it due to the things he was thinking about. He thought of how to retrace his steps and go back to his former life, sure, he would miss the money but it was much more better to be broke than to lose his life. He checked the time on his phone, it was just some minutes past four AM. ‘I have to leave’ he said to himself but that would be foolish if he left at this time. He lay still on the couch, too afraid to even breathe, he’d never seen so much guns at once and in the same place in all the thirty-eight years he’d spent on planet earth, ‘what if they think I know something I’m not supposed to know and they shoot me in my sleep’ he thought and his fear heightened, this was the biggest mess he’d ever found himself in, it was worse than being in debt. His mind went to his family as images of Hannah’s smiling face flashed past his head, he still loved his wife despite her trouble, he saw Korede running around with his new ball, he also his paintings, the framed family painting he’d made, the boy was really good at this, then he saw Yejide dancing in her school uniform because she’d come first again in her class, his heart sank deep, almost reaching his toes, what would become of his family if he died? That would only mean more suffering. He saw his mother’s frail body, he’d begged her to come and live with him but she’d refused saying she’d manage till he got a bigger place, he thought of all the promises he’d made to his family, all his big dreams and a cold sweat broke on his forehead, how could he have been so selfish, how did he allow greed to take over and rule his mind, he’d only been thinking about how to make quick cash not putting into consideration the fact he was getting his hands dirty and that there’ll be consequences, he completely neglected his family but now, he knew that there is no short cut to success. If only he’d politely refused that one thousand naira but he hadn’t, now, he was stuck, left alone to bear his cross, he had no idea how but he was strong-willed, he had to get out of this mess somehow, anyhow without getting himself in bigger trouble, he knew it would be unwise to suddenly start ignoring them, he just knew he had to do something.

Time was at a standstill, Tomiwa lay awake, in fear of the unknown, through the painful one hour before it was five-thirty then he woke the nearest person to inform him he was leaving. As soon as he walked out of the gate to the one-storey building with eight mini flats, Tomiwa broke into a fierce run with his heart secured in his closed mouth, he was afraid, what if they sent someone after him, he thought and the fear strengthened him and he ran faster oblivious of where he was going, he just ran, not caring what the nine-five workers scattered everywhere on their way to work, thought of him, he just ran from nothing and no one in particular, fear made him run for dear life.

TBC

7 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

Twenty breath-taking minutes into the race, Tomiwa stopped and rested on an electric pole close by and sank to the ground, his legs too weak to support his weight. He held his head in his hands and wept, this was a big problem, he needed the money but he didn’t want to go down this path. Five minutes later, he stood, ready and determined to confront the situation head-on.

To say Hannah was distressed is an understatement, every nerve, hormone, blood cell, organ, bone in her body was freaking out, Tomiwa had never stayed away from home all night without informing her, she was beside herself, she’d paced round the available leg space in the small room intermittently dialling her husband’s number. First he’d let it ring, then he’d ended the call on the first ring; finally, he’d switched off his phone. She’d called his mother to find out if he was there but that only scared the old woman more. She’d cried, blamed herself, prayed too but none of these had calmed her nerves. She couldn’t help the feeling that Tomiwa was sleeping in another woman’s arms; finally she succumbed to nature; she fell asleep only to wake up from a nightmare some minutes before five AM. In the dream, Tomiwa was missing, she combed the area with a search party to no avail, he wasn’t found in the dream. Immediately, she went on her knees and prayed against untimely death. She was tired of worrying but she made up her mind not to leave the house till Tomiwa came home then she busied herself with chores, taking her time so she didn’t have to think too much.

Hannah jerked awake and stood, the banging was too much and too loud, she got angry and decided not to open up until the ‘knocker’ was ready to talk then she heard her name, it was Tomiwa, she rushed to unlock the door and Tomiwa literally burst into the room and slumped on the ground, she looked about the corridor to see who was chasing her husband but didn’t see anybody. She locked the door and went over to his side, he was out of breath, Hannah became alarmed, was he in any kind of trouble, or was he in a fight with someone at the garage, his tricycle was still parked outside which meant he hadn’t ridden it to wherever he’d gone. She checked the time, six forty-five, still quite early, she thought but she was still grateful that Tomiwa was home and alive even though she wasn’t so sure he was safe, she was afraid of the unknown. Five silent, save for Tomiwa’s gasps, Hannah spoke.

“Tomiwa, welcome.” She said, engaging every nerve in an attempt to sound calm but Tomiwa just nodded his acknowledgement.
“What happened, who’s pursuing you?” she tried again, Tomiwa hadn’t fully recovered so he gestured for her to get him drinking water after which he stood then sat in the armchair.
“Don’t worry yourself, everything is fine.” He said, not wanting to scare his wife with details.
“Everything is fine ke and you ran in like a mad man that’s about to be lynched.”
“Hannah, I said don’t worry your head, it’s nothing, I went clubbing with friends ni o and everything was cool until some guys started fighting around five-thirty then the police was invited and one of them shot in the air and everywhere scattered, me I just ran o, I didn’t wait for anybody.”

TBC

2 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by bummybummy(f): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
I fear for Tomiwa and his family's life, tnx for d update
Re: ****Hannah by Ayoomodaddy(f): 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2017
****HANNAH****

CONTINUATION...

“Eh!” Hannah exclaimed “… thank God o, I hope you’re not hurt anywhere?”
“Not at all my dear, you should be thanking God that I’m alive (pause) hmmm, I’ve never seen the type of guns I saw today in my entire life, hmmm, if not that God had planned that I’ll still be alive now, who knows the story we’d have been telling now, wo (see) let’s just thank God.” Tomiwa replied. Hannah’s heart was full of so much gratitude for her husband’s safety that she started dancing, it couldn’t have been anyone else but God.
“Oluwa oshey o, Emi mimo modupe o, meta lokan mo yin o o (God thank you o, Holy Spirit I’m grateful, I glorify the trinity) thank you Jesus.” She praised God on her knees for another three minutes while Tomiwa watched.
“My husband, it is well, I was worried o, so worried that I even called mummy to ask if you were with her but she…”
“Ahahn! Ah! Hannah, you shouldn’t have now, you know she’ll be worried and you also know how panicky she can get, let me call her now.” He said then switched on his phone. After speaking to his mother for about six minutes, he ended the call and told Hannah to get his bath water ready. He was mentally drained, he needed to clear his head to enable him think straight, so he decided to stay at home, having no other option of recovery, while Hannah went about her business.

“Mummy, my maths teacher said she’ll flog me if I don’t come with my textbook to the next class.”
“Ye-ji-de ahahn! Are you the only one in the class? I know your teacher didn’t mention your name.”
“Ehn but mummy, that doesn’t mean I should be among the seventy out of ninety students that don’t have the textbook na.”
“Motigbo (I’ve heard) how much is it?”
“One thousand two hundred.”
“Okay ma, remind me before you go to school tomorrow.”
“Thank you ma.” Yejide said and skated off to a nearby stall where her friends’ mother sold ‘okirika’ clothes, leaving her mother and sleeping brother. Hannah sighed, Tomiwa had become a shadow of himself, his relationship with her and the family in general had taken a down turn, he still bought gifts for them and gave them money whenever they needed it but it ended there, he barely smiled and was never in the right frame of mind for anything. She’d informed her pastor’s wife about the situation and she’d only encouraged prayer; Tomiwa had even stopped attending Sunday service like before, recently, she’d found out that he had a bank account with one hundred and twenty five thousand naira in it, she was yet to confront him though because she just hadn’t found the right time.

Minutes turned into hours and it was time to go home, Hannah packed up for the day and left the market with her children, she’d bought fish, meat and some vegetables for the family’s dinner, Tomiwa barely had appetite for food, she was worried of the sudden change in his behaviour, it had hit her hard, without warning. She no longer talked back at him the way she wanted because he was more aggressive these days and so she’d calmed her temperament too, she was sure the kids were happy about her change. She heaved a deep, sad sigh as she unlocked the door, the sight that met her made her scream.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: ****Hannah by EvaJael(f): 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
I hope Tomiwa hasn't attempted suicide or those goons haven't located him
Re: ****Hannah by Nmaglit: 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
nice work dear
Re: ****Hannah by bummybummy(f): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ikun je ogede, ikun redi, ko mo pe nnkan to un je loma pa ohun, translate it to English Ayoomodadddy. just pity Hannah
Re: ****Hannah by Dopeyomi(m): 6:55am On Jul 13, 2017
Ayoomodaddy:

My name is Oloruntobi Ebunoluwa Ayomide and this is a story for your enjoyment.

P.S: Don't mind the title, I just couldn't come up with one grin
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
abefe99, MhiZDherbee, Bollie29, lanjum, Missmossy, Eniqurl, Dopeyomi, Toyin223, IZEGOLD, holufunmie, bummybummy, esthermotunray, akinmusi, spixytinxy, Vicoch, yommy20, Divepen1
I hope I mentioned right.....

Updates by Monday though....
Ayomide loves you kiss

hmmmm i didn't get thrle mention o.. Thank God the story hit FP... lemme start reading..

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by Juhann(f): 7:10am On Jul 13, 2017
Nice story

Following

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ****Hannah by Rapoo(m): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2017
am in

1 Like

Re: ****Hannah by charlesucheh(m): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Nice story my guy! I also wept in happiness for hannah and her family! The husband is indeed a hustler and one with great love for his family! I wish one day to be like Tomiwa!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How An Encounter With A Marijuana Smoker Helped Solved My Problem- Johnspeak / Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / My Service Year In Yorubaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.