Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel (40266 Views)

Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel / Senator Dino Melaye Receives 25 Liters Of Petrol As Xmas Gift - Picture / NNPC Crashes The Prices Of Petrol And Cooking Gas Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by bejeria101(m): 8:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
The resident evil of asorock! Wehdone sar!

1 Like

Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by erico2k2(m): 8:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
9jakohai:
We have no choice...

Should have removed fuel subsidy in 2012....but no, cheap fuel price was better than sensible economic decisions.

Thing is....so long as we keep on importing fuel to meet our needs....expect price increases.

And so long as oil stays at $50 ......that means no cash for subsidies....expect price increases.

We need more refineries....and better public transport.
who told you the fuel subsidy was ever removed? was it all not a big SCAM? even now you still believing them thieving crooks up there??
there was never a problem with the subsidy rather we have a problem of volume imported.there where cases people bill empty ships as full ladened

1 Like

Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by Hussainvictor12: 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
embarassed
gurunlocker:
We must enjoy this change together.....
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by linuxuser(m): 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
That is what is called CHANGE and we all have to enjoy it positively or otherwise.

ephi321:

It's a sad case.

It's not like Nigerians were enjoying before, but these past 2 years have been significantly worse.
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by greatmoses: 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
God if disintegration is the solution then God ,please dissolve us
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by chikago1: 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
idris4r83:
The thunder that will fire all these senators is still doing ramadan fasting.
you know the kind of jollyment them dey take celebrate EID(sallah) ba, na so that thunder go take land on top them heads.

1 Like

Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by Skain(m): 8:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
kukuma kill us...
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by linuxuser(m): 8:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
God did not vote for them you did and fortunately or unfortunately you have to abide and obey the laws that your leader makes. Next time, pray to God first and ask Him to lead you. There are options to the dullard we have now and the ignorant we had before him but people ignored the options because of sentiment and politics and here we are with the consequences. Please enjoy the CHANGE. It's here till at least 2019. All the best.

dedunji:
Since the day I read in the bible that God kept quiet and allowed his Son Jesus to be killed ,na since that day I no Nigeria Masses are in trouble, IF not how can God be looking @ this people toiling with the future of this country. God were are you ? Were is the thunder ,blindness ,stroke etc .if you no do something now oh God this people will sale us as slaves .God remember what you did to nebukadineza .

1 Like

Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by Chuknovski(m): 8:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
papa God please kill wicked people in this country anybody wey dey make life hard for people..
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by jefy(m): 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
It's simple, kick them all out. One voice,one match, the chants, let's oppose our smiles and cry a river to blood. Let's do it biblically ' v+f we get our result...Our body is all dust,lets give a smile to generations unborn and protect the Nation of our birth..
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by Reference(m): 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
It is not the responsibility of the Legislature to advocate policy. Their responsibility is to scrutinise them when the Executive proposes and vett ideas in the overall interest of the country and peoples. What is the Executive doing. Hiding behind the Legislature? What kind of government is this. Haba.

1 Like

Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by chikago1: 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
Segadem:
angry stone ke, they need visitation from boko haram
plus including all those crazy herdsmen.
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by enny09: 8:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
Yes, this is the real change, let the suffering continues
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
idiots....na thunder go fire all una useless senators
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by Reference(m): 8:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:
Senate does not have such power, they can only advice, they cannot hike fuel price, only the executives through PPPRA does.

Let the executive be honest and not hang its heartlessness on the senate.

Ask me oh. What kind of upside down nonsense country is this. Who will then speak for the people. Who will be their advocate. Anyway I don't blame them, it is the absolutely clueless people in the Executive running this country that I blame. Totally bereft of ideas and stubbornly pig headed to accept those proposed in good faith. Only in Nigeria. Republicans control the Legislature and White House in America yet Trump cannot trash Obamacare with some of his party members voting against a scrap. That is democracy working. Here is just a mess.

1 Like

Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by reiddecuti: 8:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
Their WATERLOO awaits everyone of them.

Bunch of fools with no shame.

I can smell REVOLUTION loading.................

1 Share

Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by texazzpete(m): 9:03pm On Jun 01, 2017
greatmoses:
God if disintegration is the solution then God ,please dissolve us

and when we dissolve, your own country will still elect its own senators that will still steal from you. So what's the point ?

1 Like

Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by reiddecuti: 9:04pm On Jun 01, 2017
Ribajae:
God I thought recession was a temporary something as described by oxford dictionary...
angry

Not in my beloved country Nigeria.

If you have noticed, anything we practice in 9ja is opposite of what is being practiced elsewhere.
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by thestevens: 9:04pm On Jun 01, 2017
You see why is not good to pay losers too much money,they still want to put more hardship on nigerians,2019 is coming sha.
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by Reference(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
brainpulse:
its the same na. They are recommending is same as advice and we all know if they wanted it by force they know how to hand twist the executive. We now know senate is the enemy of the masses

You don't seem to get what is happening. For the Legislature to come out with such a proposal means it has been locked in tussle with the Executive which doesn't seem to know what to do. This is not the first time this kind of absurdity is happening. Trade union disputes, fuel subsidy, telecommunication rates, PHCN wahala, it is the Legislature that will be producing policy. What kind of nonsense is that. What do they do during their weekly FEC meetings besides sharing contracts amongst themselves. Let the Executive come out from under the table they are hiding and face the people squarely. I have never seen such a cowardly government in my lifetime that cannot own up to anything. Very iresponsible people. Senate will be doing your work for you and doing their own work for us at the same time.

Gaya should drop that thing and face his work. That is not his job. If there is nobody in government to do it, then they should let it rot.
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
I forsee the b.loodiest revolution ever!..too many self-serving brigands & bas.taaaaaaards in govt. Houses!
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by smileyoo: 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
what do you expect from the so called govt of criminocracy?
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by GreatManBee: 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
kolafolabi:
The hardship is too much o Lord.

To pay salary - Na wahala
To sign budget - Na problem
To build refineries - Na story
To fix road - Na trouble
To increase Electricity Mega Watts - Tomorrow no dey end

Which kind country be this God? We need your divine intervention
Chai

2 Likes

Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by rexlims(m): 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
9jakohai:
We have no choice...

Should have removed fuel subsidy in 2012....but no, cheap fuel price was better than sensible economic decisions.

Thing is....so long as we keep on importing fuel to meet our needs....expect price increases.

And so long as oil stays at $50 ......that means no cash for subsidies....expect price increases.

We need more refineries....and better public transport.

oga the issue of fuel subsidy has notin to do with this senseless and insensitive bill, it is anti ppl and counter productive,
do u knw dat this "sinators" have petrol stations if not all at least i knw of some. one tin is clear they are trying to increase their profit margin by #5.
u speaking of subsidy, d portion they took away what have dey don with it?
y cant dey all agree to forgo their allowances and 50% of thier salary? so dat more money will be available to run the economy?
My brother go and read George Orwell's Animal Farm, then u will understand what these elites are doing to us the masses.
they want to impoverish us. so that come 2019, when dey dash us small tin we will begin to sing their praise and see dem as our messiah.

1 Like

Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
Bring it on!
The end of this demonic govt is near!

1 Like

Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by Bullhari007(m): 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
I blame the useless yellowbars that can't remember history, that buhari is a disaster
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by IYANGBALI: 9:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
Make dem kuku come kill us. Bunch of terrorists
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by IYANGBALI: 9:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
Bullhari007:
I blame the useless yellowbars that can't remember history, that buhari is a disaster
shut up, your people no vote for am at all at all?
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by reiddecuti: 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
Reference:

Ask me oh. What kind of upside down nonsense country is this. Who will then speak for the people. Who will be their advocate. Anyway I don't blame them, it is the absolutely clueless people in the Executive running this country that I blame. Totally bereft of ideas and stubbornly pig headed to accept those proposed in good faith. Only in Nigeria. Republicans control the Legislature and White House in America yet Trump cannot trash Obamacare with some of his party members voting against a scrap. That is democracy working. Here is just a mess.

Time for every person to start speaking for him/herself.

Thi people son too RAPE us in the name of representing us.

I don't talk am severely, it's better to do business with devil than these set of fools who have no human compassion. Devil to a point will understand...
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by emaraide: 9:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nigeria is fraud, A fail country that it's leaders have nothing good to offer but rather delight themselves in impoverishing the mass. God save us....
Re: Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel by Teflon5(m): 9:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
Those stupid polithievesan will never agree to take a pay-cut.. All they know best is looting n imposing tax tax upon the masses.

May God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Jonathan's Cabinet Members And Their Latest International Appointments / Northern Governors Receive Osinbajo As He Land In Kaduna 4 Buhari's PA's Wedding / Atiku Abubakar Visits Ooni Of Ife At His Palace In Osun State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.