Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? (10195 Views)

NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / Nigerian Lng Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by ehie007(m): 12:47pm On Jan 31, 2007
Last year when NNPC brought out their advert they requested for 2:1. how will nigeria change if a nigerian parastatal, even a federal government owned enterprise be asking for only 2:1 and above.
Yet they will be saying they are trying to fight unemployement.
Its so sad to hear this.
all LNG adverts request for 2:1 and above both for uni. and ploy.
except LNG is now private what they are doing is very wrong.
the government should look into it.
Its not fair at all.
Those who are there how many of them came out with 2:1 even 3rd class.
A friend told me a lot of federal parastatals request for 2:1 can u imagine.
its bad.
Pls nairlander lets all arise and fight this menace that is already rearing its ugly head like our Pre******T.

whats ur view guys.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by cheavroi(m): 12:55pm On Jan 31, 2007
cos wen you were supposed to be reading u were playing and they need pple that can make improvement at least they not even asking for 1st class
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by ehie007(m): 1:01pm On Jan 31, 2007
cheavroi i guess u just pass thru school the school did not pass thru u.
can every body come out with 2:1. guess not.
and besides weitin u commot with and were u dey work.
Loud mouth
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by gadfly(m): 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2007
cheavroi, na wa 4 u O, at least we know hw some graduates while 'reading' made their 2:1. Abi nobe 9ja u comot skul lipsrsealed
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by 4Play(m): 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2007
When I was in University,u could buy a 2 1 for 250,000naira.So that means there are a lot of fake 2 1s out there.This being Nigeria,there are a lot of dubious degrees out there,so u should give everyone a chance.

Another thing is a 2 2 from UNN Law Faculty is not the same as a 2 2 from Nasarawa State University

It is hard to trust degree qualifications in Nigeria,so anyone demanding a particular set of qualifications will be taking big risks.I can't even trust JAMB scores.

Here in the UK,everyone gets a 2 1,depending on the University,sometimes as much as 80 percent qualify with at least 2 1
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by genys(f): 2:27pm On Jan 31, 2007
Cheavroi
Am sorry to say this but you were rather blunt and rude. Is it proper for a Federal parastatal to discriminate even when they know the quality of education obtainable in our society today. take a look at our people who are studying overseas. they come out with good grades, that is because they were given a conducive environment to study and excel on merit not by some mischievious means.
Some of them tried to gain admission in our high institutions here but couldnt all because they didnt have they 'required' cash.
Notable among them is the Delta state young man who obtained a Phd at a record age of 22 in a london university
what am saying is that we nigerians should discover talents not certificates or divisions of degrees. Sometimes those who have the lower grades are more competent when it comes to delivering what is required in an organisation.
Again note that some of our institutions are so corrupt that if you cant offer what is expected then you will be deprived of good grades.
take it or leave it, discrimination on class of degree should be abolished until our education sector improves to a higher standard where we can compare with other developed countries that are equal to us by all standards.
lets leave the employers to use test of ability to determine who the cap best fits in their organisations. maybe someone with an ordinary pass can bit a first class graduate.
Dont ever underestimate a nigerian graduate Ist class or lower class.You can never be sure who will be at the top tomorrow.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by twinstaiye(m): 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2007
While I dont see anything wrong in a company asking for a 21 or 22 when placing an advert, afterall, the difference is that they want the best. But the truth is, there are certain areas where this does not really matters. There are even some candidates with 3rd class who are far better off than those with 2 1 or 2 2. Experienced had shown that, the best of candidate can be fished out during interview, written test or even recommendations from job hunters.
LNG is just living in the past, because where I work, we take 3rd class, so long as he/she is good in that field.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by somebody(f): 3:33pm On Jan 31, 2007
4 Play:

Here in the UK,everyone gets a 2 1,depending on the University,sometimes as much as 80 percent qualify with at least 2 1

I disagree. Not everyone or almost 80% GET 2.1. Even in my class, only two people get 2.1. All I can say is in the UK, you get what you deserve unlike Naija that you can pay for your degree.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Miketomi: 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2007
because when you were supposed to be reading u were playing and they need people that can make improvement at least they not even asking for 1st class
The statement is too chidish

Another thing is a 2 2 from UNN Law Faculty is not the same as a 2 2 from Nasarawa State University
Who told you that?

What you gradutae with is not the ultimate, it is God's grace and favour that matter most.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by dreban: 3:51pm On Jan 31, 2007
It's not about wat u came out wit 4rm ur skull rather it's wat u have upstairs.There are so many 2:1 and 1st class who can't defend it. cheesy
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 31, 2007
i think Miketomi's talk about God's favour did not address the real question. I think the trruth need to be told, there are too many distraction in our higher institutions-occultism, parties here and there. unis shouldnt be a party place, that happens once in a while but to make it a culture, hmm!

many people graduate without a solid idea what they actually studied in school for 4 years. i have been opportuned to interview nigerian graduates before and it is better imagined what comes out of some people's mouth (so called graduates!).

It is unfortunate that some smart guys make 2:2 considering that it spans btw 2.4-3.49 or so. An average employer at least is sure that he has less number of CVs/interview to go through getting the really good ones from the 2:1 lot than from 2:2. for employers, it is more cost effective. from the candidates perspective, it is rather unfortunate. i made a 2:2 myself and it affected me a great deal. eventually i got a good job because i proved myself thru test and interview. alot of bank and companies take 2:2 in naija, sure not the top notch like shell/chevron but somewhere to start from ( a bank). in today's naija, with thousand if not millions of 2:2s out there, it will be as good as reducing your chance of getting a good job to 10% or less if u make less than a 2:1. i dont blame the employers, if i were them, i would do the same.

on a last note, companies are run to make profit. nobody wants to employ a mediocre, improve your oral and soft skills. companies want people taht can project them appropriately, i think!
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by debosky(m): 4:19pm On Jan 31, 2007
the huge army of unemployed is part of the reason these companies restrict to 2/1, not just ability

the sheer number of graduates out there will overpower their human resource people, so they decide to narrow it down

besides, the mere fact that you 'got' a 2/1 (by whatever means) doesn't guarantee the job; you still need to take tests, interviews etc to prove yourself

my advice? work hard to get your 2/1, everyone knows the situation in Nigeria these days, survival of the fittest is the name of the game

the most important step is getting your foot in the door, if you need a 2/1 to get there, by all means strive for it.

the fact of a matter is that a company must set its own standard: if it only wants 2/1 and above, its purely their own perogative
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by texazzpete(m): 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2007
4 Play:

When I was in University,u could buy a 2 1 for 250,000naira.So that means there are a lot of fake 2 1s out there.This being Nigeria,there are a lot of dubious degrees out there,so u should give everyone a chance.

N250000 is a lot of money in nigeria. And besides, if this happened in your department (or your university) why do you think this happened in other universities? your experience isn't really enough to base your assertion that there are a 'lot' of dubious 2.1s floatign around.

@dreban
people who come with 2.1 and 1st class did that based on what they were taught. and most of them with such degrees can defend what they were taught. so let's please stop slagging off at people with good degrees. Employers feel some 1st class graduates are a let down, because they base their assessments on things that they feel these guys should have been taught, not on what they had been taught. Get my drift? it's very hard for a student to graduate from medicine with a disctinction (is that the right term?). but such a brilliant medical student will still be seen as incompetent in a western hospital (or by a western trained doctor)

Give to Ceaser what belong to ceaser. we all knew, in university, that getting a 2.2 left you somewhat disadvanted when it came to job hunting. yet we all made choices. learn to live with it!

Dunno about chevron, but shell takes 2.2 and Mobil takes 2.2 with masters.

wanna work in NNPC or LNG with a 2.2? Go do some self-development (masters?) and try again
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by vizion: 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2007
this is a very ridiculous statement
what if they take 2:2 then those with 3rd class would say that they where left out
if the guy with a 2:1 does'nt have an advantage then tell me what is the essence of struggling to make a 2;1??
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by adexito: 4:57pm On Jan 31, 2007
Its just a matter of time and concentration.2.1 is good but are all 2.1 s a good 2.1?This should not borther us much man,just do what you can do with your 2.2 during the test if you are short listed.For LNG they want people that can really face the job, but anyhow,thats their own. you can search for 2.2 advert,abi na by force to work at oil company?
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by ehie007(m): 5:10pm On Jan 31, 2007
u guys are bnot really getting my point.
if shell/chevron/total/and all this top notch companies ask for 2:1 its due to the situation on ground, my argiment is

why should of all people, a federal government parastatal like NNPC and LNG and some others be discriminating,

they should be the first to give everybody a chance even the third class, may be apart from the first class ones.

Thats were am driving at.

If it aprivate company we might understand but a government discriminating its too bad for this nation.

ur views.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by debosky(m): 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2007
what you are driving at, if I get you, is that since they are government owned, they should allow everyone to apply

thats been the problem of government owned agencies, they always 'allow everyone', whether competent or not, and that is why till today

NNPC cannot produce a drop of oil without the help of shell and chevron and co, while indian, brazillian and malaysian companies - all

indigenous are coming to invest in Nigeria. enough of mediocrity please!
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by BIGGESTCAT(m): 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2007
well on the 2:1 and 2:2 issue, well i kind of understand why most of these companies go for 2:1. its just becos of the sorry state of education in our country. let's face it, if in a graduating class of say 100 students and we have 2:1 of about 20 students, if 5 out of this 20 sorted (i.e payed money) to obtain the 2:1 degree, i bet out of the remaining 80 students with 2:2 maybe about 30 also sorted to obtain the 2:2. this leaves us with at least 15 students with 2:1 who really deserve it.

i dont want to rule out the fact that there are many students with 2:2 who are simply 2:1 or 1st class material. many times one frustrating lecturer keeps giving them low grades on purpose and because of their principles, they refuse to sort and thus their CGPA drops. its really sad.

i think the companies are not helping at all.Even obasanjo announced civil service employment for about 1000 graduates with only 2:1 and above. that really hurts.

i think at least the standard should be 2:2 and above so that every body has the chance to prove their I.Q level. I TELL U THE TRUTH MOST PEOPLE WITH 2:2 PERFORM A WHOLE LOT BETTER WHEN IT COMES TO APTITUDE TESTS WHICH TESTS UR I.Q LEVEL AND NOT UR ABILITY TO CRAM AND POUR OUT DURING EXAM.

WELL I STILL BELIEVE TO SUCCEED IN LIFE U DON'T NEED OTHERS TO TELL YOU WHO U ARE. U OUGHT TO BELIEVE THAT UR QUALITY AND GO ALL OUT TO PROVE IT. DONT LET ANY COMPANY DAMPEN UR POISE AND DRIVE TOWARDS MAKING A SUCCESS OUT OF UR LIFE.

THE BIBLE SAYS AS A MAN THINKETH IN HIS HEART, SO IS HE.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by ishmael(m): 6:19pm On Jan 31, 2007
You guys are complaining about 2.2 Degree holders, what about HND holders with Distinction and upper credit who are not given the chance too??
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Hotstepper(f): 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2007
All I can say here is that Niegria should stop these 2.1 issue and offer people jobs based on their knoledge, This is how it is done abraod, only in Nigeria/Africa per se dat age, sex, 2.1 or none is asked in da CV,
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by TheOne2(m): 8:53pm On Jan 31, 2007
A lot of times I am just disappointed with some opinions on nairaland. Peeps should understand that there are tens of thousands of folks with 2:1 out there and it is in a company's interest to limit application to 2:1 alone FOR THEIR OWN CONVENIENCE. We all know that the number of 2:2 graduates is usually more than twice that of 2:1 so if they start calling for both 2:1 and 2:2 then it makes their work difficult.

All I can say here is that Niegria should stop these 2.1 issue and offer people jobs based on their knoledge, This is how it is done abraod, only in Nigeria/Africa per se that age, sex, 2.1 or none is asked in da CV,

That is definitely not true. In the so-called abroad, employers still insist on grade. Why do you think grades were introduced anyway? If there is no need for them no one will waste time doing it.

i don't want to rule out the fact that there are many students with 2:2 who are simply 2:1 or 1st class material. many times one frustrating lecturer keeps giving them low grades on purpose and because of their principles, they refuse to sort and thus their CGPA drops. its really sad.

I feel lost when I read posts such as these. I find it very strange, maybe because I attended OAU Ife but I have to say that if you are worthy of a 2:1 in Ife you will get it. A lot of smart folks get it. And when people talk about buying 2:1 for 250,000, again I wonder which school that applies to. My own experience in Ife was that the rich folks who were club boys (always partying) were the ones who always had like 2 sessions extra even though they can afford to pay money. There might be one or two lecturers who collect money but they are a very proportion and you will definitely come across those principled lecturers who don't take shit from no one and you just don't have a choice but read (or cheat if you can manage to do it without getting caught - a difficult proposition).

The truth be told: every dog has its day. If you are screened out based on your grade, look elsewhere. Maybe it's the push you need for the giant in you to be unveiled. You don't have to work for anybody you know - AT LEAST YOU CAN'T BE RICH THAT WAY.

But pleaseeeeeeeeeeee, let's stop saying people who got 2:1 don't deserve it and people who didn't do, IT JUST AIN'T TRUE.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Hotstepper(f): 9:06pm On Jan 31, 2007
I dont know where in abraod they request for your grades cuz not where I am, when you are called for intreview, wat you answered will determine whether you will get it or not. Limiting just to 2.1 for employers to make their job easy is something I do not agree with knowing wat Nigerian educational system is like. Everyone should be given the opportunity to come for an interview if they reach the requirement of the job they are advertsing.

Also, this issue of SEX, GRADE, SEX OR ORIGIN should be removed in the CV,
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by elampiro(m): 9:12pm On Jan 31, 2007
BIGGESTCAT:

well on the 2:1 and 2:2 issue, well i kind of understand why most of these companies go for 2:1. its just because of the sorry state of education in our country. let's face it, if in a graduating class of say 100 students and we have 2:1 of about 20 students, if 5 out of this 20 sorted (i.e payed money) to obtain the 2:1 degree, i bet out of the remaining 80 students with 2:2 maybe about 30 also sorted to obtain the 2:2. this leaves us with at least 15 students with 2:1 who really deserve it.

i don't want to rule out the fact that there are many students with 2:2 who are simply 2:1 or 1st class material. many times one frustrating lecturer keeps giving them low grades on purpose and because of their principles, they refuse to sort and thus their CGPA drops. its really sad.

i think the companies are not helping at all.Even obasanjo announced civil service employment for about 1000 graduates with only 2:1 and above. that really hurts.

i think at least the standard should be 2:2 and above so that every body has the chance to prove their I.Q level. I TELL U THE TRUTH MOST PEOPLE WITH 2:2 PERFORM A WHOLE LOT BETTER WHEN IT COMES TO APTITUDE TESTS WHICH TESTS UR I.Q LEVEL AND NOT UR ABILITY TO CRAM AND POUR OUT DURING EXAM.

WELL I STILL BELIEVE TO SUCCEED IN LIFE U DON'T NEED OTHERS TO TELL YOU WHO U ARE. U OUGHT TO BELIEVE THAT UR QUALITY AND GO ALL OUT TO PROVE IT. DONT LET ANY COMPANY DAMPEN UR POISE AND DRIVE TOWARDS MAKING A SUCCESS OUT OF UR LIFE.

THE BIBLE SAYS AS A MAN THINKETH IN HIS HEART, SO IS HE.

YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL. GBAM.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by elampiro(m): 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2007
Let me just chip in this. I have been opportuned to be part of a team that conducted and marked aptitude test twice for a bank. I must confess that the 2.1 candidates were hotter. In the both tests, the difference was clear. They 2.1 were by far the majority of those that formed the upper limit of 70% score and above.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 31, 2007
Hotstepper:

All I can say here is that Niegria should stop these 2.1 issue and offer people jobs based on their knoledge, This is how it is done abraod, only in Nigeria/Africa per se that age, sex, 2.1 or none is asked in da CV,

It is not good to peddle ignorance as knowledge! What is the point of grade points if it is of no value when it comes to job opportunities or opportunities for advanced studies? Are Nigerian universities any different from foreign universities in the award of degree qualifications based on grade points?
Where in your "abraod" are jobs offered based on "knowledge"? Which knowledge and how does the prospective employer judge between 2 individuals with "knowledge"?
It is pure nonsense to insinuate that only in Nigeria/Africa are grade points used to evaluate prospective employees. Such erroneous misassumptions imply that using grade points is an archaic system that has been done away with in "abraod". Please understand issues before you just jump to post simply because you are fortunate to live "abraod"!

Hotstepper:

I don't know where in abraod they request for your grades because not where I am, when you are called for intreview, what you answered will determine whether you will get it or not. Limiting just to 2.1 for employers to make their job easy is something I do not agree with knowing what Nigerian educational system is like. Everyone should be given the opportunity to come for an interview if they reach the requirement of the job they are advertsing.

My dear, when you send a CV what do you think the prospective employer is looking for before he invites you for an interview? It is better to admit ignorance than spread blatant falsehood!
It is not everyone that submits a CV that gets a call for an interview, your grade points are used to screen those who will be deemed worthy of an interview from the hundreds of initial applicants.

My dear, you do not know what the Nigerian educational system is like, you NEVER attended a Nigerian university neither are you old enough to understand what the system entails. If opportunities are granted for every applicant to attend an interview how do you expect the Nigerian employer to sift through 1000 applicants for a job posting in one day?

you said: "Everyone should be given the opportunity to come for an interview if they reach the requirement of the job they are advertsing"
What are those "requirements" you are talking about if we remove grades?
Of what value will it be to struggle for better grades in school since they will not be useful in the wider world?

Going by your warped argument, why dont we eliminate the requirements for grades in WAEC, scrap JAMB and simply allow universities to invite all applicants for interviews based on their "knowledge"?

1 Like

Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by natasha: 7:11am On Feb 01, 2007
I have never come across someone who is so lazy and shameless in my life than the poster of this thread. What is the discrimination about wanting someone who has got the brains and no "skills" as you call it? When students were reading and studying hard as they knew that was their ticket to riches, you were going from one party to the other, organizing one election and the other, attending one beauty pageant on campus from the other, changing girlfriends every semester.
You are now out of the University and you want to be rewarded for wasting ur father's resources and breaking girls heart during ur four/five/six year reign in campus? No way.
It's time to reap what you sowed in uni.
I know it's only a limited number of students that were awarded an unmerited 2.2 as a result of victimization. Alot of the girls always dressed almost naked just so they would be notice, hence the teachers picked on them, besides the facts that another half of the girls would rather move to live with their boyfriends and in a desperate bid of playing the good wife in exchange for cash to but clothes thereby compounding more of their problems, and the guyz? wore dark glasses, came to class late, sat at the back and made a hell of noise, never listened to the lecturer nor took notes, neither did they read back at home but rather blasted loud music in their rooms
Such self inflicted distractions would bring you 3rd class/2.2
This should be a lesson to those who are lucky to still be in school.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by corolobii(m): 9:43am On Feb 01, 2007
As for me the most important thing for every1 to put at the back of their mind is that the race is not to the swift but its the Lord that shows mercy.
i made a 2.1 in school but all i have enjoyed thus far is not based on my intelligence or the fact that i strived to make the grade but i have come to know over time that its [b]God's Grace [/b][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000] that is seeing me through and i employ every1 to seek God's grace and stoping limiting your success to what you achieved in your school days.
Remember all men are born grate but not all are destined to be grate, but he that desire's grateness must strive for it.

1 Like

Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Ndipe(m): 10:07am On Feb 01, 2007
Grade point average is not always an accurate reflection of one's true knowledge and potentials.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by feelgood(m): 10:14am On Feb 01, 2007
Davidylan and Natasha - good posts.
The proponent and supporters of this thread are just some examples of the warped thinking
that is sadly becoming prevalent in this great country of ours. Wasn't like this before.

In fact, it is becoming increasingly necessary for companies to begin to grade our universities
when embarking on a recruitment exercise. Too many universities springing up with pea-brained
graduates. Had a young man in my office looking for a job, years ago and the applicant just couldnt
come across about his attributes. His spoken language was not only awful, he was particularly IGNORANT
of basic questions that pertained to what he claimed to have read in school. Same with some some young
ladies I've met.

Thank God, the Minister of education has seen the rot in our education and planning to do something about it.
Sure wish her luck.

@topic - perhaps it won't be out of place to also consider for interview those who didn't go to school because they
had nobody to support them; afterall, during the interview the employer can determine the person's suitability or not.

To my dear young Nairalanders, pls understand that as much as companies are free to determine their manpower
resourcing style, that is not a putdowner on your ability and skills. Having a 1st class or 2/1 does not determine what
you will become in future (Bill Gates didn't finish). BUT IF YOU WANT TO WORK FOR IN A PARTICULAR INDUSTRY,
ENSURE YOU MEET THE CRITERIA THEY WANT AND QUIT BITCHING ABOUT THE SAME - BECAUSE IT IS THEIR INVESTMENT. You
can prove a point by starting out on your own. God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Ndipe(m): 10:20am On Feb 01, 2007
Not that I am protesting a company's decision to hire only candidates with stellar qualifications (first class, 2nd class upper), your discourse that one should meet the criteria needed by a company may not necessarily be right. In America, there have been stories of companies who would hire white candidates over black applicants, spanish speaking candidates over candidates not fluent in spanish. So, I could be turned down for a job, because my skin is not white or my fluency in spanish is nil. So, you might rephrase your discourse.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by uchetobi(f): 12:04pm On Feb 01, 2007
The bottom line is that NNPC or LNG determine their criteria without your permission or consent (obviously). If you don’t meet up then too bad. If they said 2.2 and above 3rd class people willm still complain. If they say 3rd class and above pass will complain. If they say a university degree with no classification WASCE holders will still complain… am sure with that criteria (2.1 and above) they will still get more applications than they require. So my dear try other places NNPC or LNG Is not theonly place u can get job. You never know but am sure there is a position some where God is reserving uniquely for you ok? cheers and good luck

P.S and for those always saying its not everybody that has 2.1 and above that worked for it.
Am tired of that pathetic line. Its just a way of making excuses for your inability to Come out with a desired result I don’t know how people reason I can imagine going home and telling my Dad that I couldn’t make a 2.1 because 2.1 degree holders bought their degree…. Give me a break mehn… that is crap. Lok beyond your noses… am sure they were a lot of people in your department that made 2.1 and deserved it,  because they went the extra mile by reading and paying attention in class. Am not taking a swipe at 2.2 and below…please NOTE this but am sick and tired of people trying to make excuses 4 themselves…maybe it frustration sha…. Anyhow like someone pointed out…everyone cannot make first class or 2.1…. so keep praying for that unique place God has reserved for you and quit hating on others
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by uchetobi(f): 12:33pm On Feb 01, 2007
Hotstepper:

I don't know where in abraod they request for your grades because not where I am, when you are called for intreview, what you answered will determine whether you will get it or not. Limiting just to 2.1 for employers to make their job easy is something I do not agree with knowing what Nigerian educational system is like. Everyone should be given the opportunity to come for an interview if they reach the requirement of the job they are advertsing.

That is for those doing blue collar jobs like working in departmental stores ok

ishmael:

I feel lost when I read posts such as these. I find it very strange, maybe because I attended OAU Ife but I have to say that if you are worthy of a 2:1 in Ife you will get it. A lot of smart folks get it. And when people talk about buying 2:1 for 250,000, again I wonder which school that applies to. My own experience in Ife was that the rich folks who were club boys (always partying) were the ones who always had like 2 sessions extra even though they can afford to pay money. There might be one or two lecturers who collect money but they are a very proportion and you will definitely come across those principled lecturers who don't take shit from no one and you just don't have a choice but read (or cheat if you can manage to do it without getting caught - a difficult proposition).

The truth be told: every dog has its day. If you are screened out based on your grade, look elsewhere. Maybe it's the push you need for the giant in you to be unveiled. You don't have to work for anybody you know - AT LEAST YOU CAN'T BE RICH THAT WAY.

But pleaseeeeeeeeeeee, let's stop saying people who got 2:1 don't deserve it and people who didn't do, IT JUST AIN'T TRUE.

WORD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 5 Basic Career Tips You May Not Know - Read Them Now / I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. / The 7 Biggest Banks In Nigeria - The Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.