Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert (40260 Views)

Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) / African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos) / Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by olokeded: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
Survivors say 44 people have died of thirst after their truck broke down in the Sahara Desert in northern Niger, the Red Cross has told the BBC.

The six survivors, all women, walked to a remote village and are being looked after in Dirkou, Niger, Red Cross official Lawal Taher said.

They say several children are among the dead.

The Ghanaians and Nigerians were trying to get to Libya, reports Nigerien news site Sahelien.

So far no-one has visited the site to identify the bodies, Mr Taher added.

The route from Niger to Libya is one of the main ways migrants reach North Africa before crossing the Mediterranean Sea to get to Europe.

Crossing the Sahara is one of the most perilous parts of the journey as migrants are crammed into pickup trucks often with only enough room for a few litres of water, reports Reuters news agency.

Authorities told Reuters that is it almost impossible to know how many have died in the vast and unpoliced Sahara.

Last June, the bodies of 34 migrants, including 20 children, were found in the Sahara Desert near Niger's border with Algeria.

It appeared they had died of thirst after being abandoned by their smuggler, a government minister said at the time.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/44-nigerians-ghanaians-die-of-thirst-in-sahara-desert/200138.html

1 Like

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by baralatie(m): 7:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
embarassed
Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by Teebouye995(m): 7:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
search for bodies underway?
how come dier death was ascertained??

4 Likes

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by tillaman(m): 7:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
Rip to them
Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by IhateAfonjas(m): 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2017

Why do people take deadly risk just to go to Europe ??

People are just foolish

The Europe and America they show you on TV is not the real Europe, your​ mindset will change once you go to Europe

These are lazy people who wants it so urgently

This is the price you pay for foolishness

God will punish our leaders

I can't believe that people would leave the richest continent on earth to go to Europe, our leaders will never go unpunished

Don't even talk about development, i guess you haven't been to Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, South Africa, Mauritania, Egypt, Morocco and many other countries

Not everywhere in America is developed, people still live in forest in America

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by maverickdude(m): 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
If we talk now, they will call it hustling for greener pastures. Only the living enjoy the work of their hands. Endangering your life is not hustling

RIP to the deads

19 Likes

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by Chiefly(m): 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
Pirates of the Sahara. Dead men tell no tales.

Say No to Europe by road.

36 Likes

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by Lekan1o1: 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
Haba

1 Like

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by gabazin080(m): 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
ednut1:
Nawa o. These pple pay up to 500k for these deals. Dem mumu gan sha
their mumu na first class. why i go carry 500k to travel abroad where i dont have any family but to go hustle when i can invest that 500k in one profittable business here

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by ntbaby(f): 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
something must kill a man,rip to d dead

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by rattlesnake(m): 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
too bad
Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by catherineokezie(f): 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
the quest for greener pastures

1 Like

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by Thisis2raw(m): 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
Everybody trying to run away from this CHAIN or CHANGE you people call it govt

2 Likes

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by tuna4servi(m): 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
Everyone looking for survival, dere is God
Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by dukechilezie(m): 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
It is really pathetic and pitiable. Nigeria is blessed with both human and natural resources that can make our country a save haven. The reserve has been the case. We have leaders that are insensitive and corrupt. Their motives of being in the corridors of power is to enmass wealth for themselves and their children. Client-patron politics and prebendalism has beclouded of leaders style of leadership which has forced many citizens to try the unimaginable. RIP to the death and I hope and pray to have a better Nigeria. Have a good night rest to every Nairalander that read this post.

6 Likes

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by vickylincon(m): 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
price for hustling
Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by sukkot: 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
its a spiritual journey some have to make to die in the valley of dry bones. that was the destiny carved out for them when they were born. they offended GOD in past life. those desert journey are voyages to death

3 Likes

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by ednut1(m): 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nawa o. These pple pay up to 500k for these deals. Dem mumu gan sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by phenzy(m): 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
Na wa fr our people after all we wey dey naija still dey survive
Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by Reference(m): 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
Just sit in one position and CREATE VALUE. Success will locate you ANYWHERE. Most people will rather see VALUE in other people and other places.

3 Likes

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by burkingx(f): 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by vicboy12: 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
I don't know why they keep risking there life's to cross over, I will hustle here in Naija till I make it legitimately

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
Going to Europe by road.

Na Igbos go plenty pass.

Dem want go develop Spain.

When I watched BBC documentary on this Europe by Road, ogbeni I just respevt myself sit down for this my hell of a country ooo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
Now we can blame Buhari!!!
Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by Anoruo(m): 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
They died trying.

1 Like

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by ednut1(m): 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
Teebouye995:
search for bodies underway?

how come dier death was ascertained??
go search for am na. Vultures for don clean am up angry. If u get stranded der na same thing as death na
Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by DonCortino: 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
Ghana economy no bad nah! Why dem dey run comot?

The Nigerians own is understandable.

3 Likes

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by Soso990240(m): 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
Its a pity

2 Likes

Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by Akwasi(m): 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
T
Re: 44 Nigerians And Ghanaians Die In Sahara Desert by IamHereNow: 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
As we type RIP 44 adventurer, 44 more are currently embarking on this same deadly trip.....

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peace Mass Bus Somersaults In Abakiliki, Ebonyi (Photos) / Photos Of The Sunrise Over Lagos Lagoon / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.