Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Maize Farmers Come In Here - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Maize Farmers Come In Here (30429 Views)

Imports, Low Prices Hurt Maize Farmers / Maize Farmers Only / Farmers! Come On In For Maggot Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by Oyecute(m): 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Oyecute:
Dry Hybrid Maize (yellow) for sale in Ibadan.
It will be supplied directly from the farm.
If interested, kindly contact 7066438913.

Thanks.
the above still refers

Buyers wanted within Ibadan and Oyo town.

Thanks.
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by vonlogon: 2:14pm On Feb 05, 2018
stagger:

What exactly is your point here? Do you expect cost of land lease to be the same all over the country? Or you are contesting the price of the maize seeds bought from the company warehouse of Premier Seeds? Or you expect the cost of chemicals to be the same all over the country?

Finally, you expect me with three businesses I run to leave them all to carry my "family members" (who are also workers and business owners with their own families) to go to the farm to do the work myself? In an attempt to save how much?

Some of you just write like kindergarten kids.

Sorry didn't mean any disrespect. But you should have mentioned all this points abinitio
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by RRMarket: 11:17am On Feb 16, 2018
Buy today both hybrid and/or open pollinated maize seeds from us. We have yellow and white maize seeds. Our seeds are improved and licensed. Yield rate is very very high.
Our prices are very cheap and can be delivered to any part of Nigeria. Plus we put you through (if need be) on how to optimize your profits considering the climatic conditions around your farm.
No need to import when we have something better here.
We need retailers all over Nigeria. You can be one!
Also available are rice seeds, sesame seeds, soyabean seeds and authentic agrochemicals
Call: 08034405866
Email: rainbowrosesmarket@gmail.com.

2 Shares

Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by jackomagnus(m): 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2018
MDDarah84:
Pls is Premier seeds different from Oba98?I bought Premier seeds 4kg at #850 per 2kg last season but the yield wa disappointing.

Could you please summarize how you planted it?
- Spacing (seed & row)
- How much fertilizer used
- Timing of fertilizer application
- Type of herbicide used
- Timing of herbicide application
- The yield you got
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by Daramolapaul: 1:47pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello house. I'm new to farming. I have cleared 3Acres of land for maize farming. I need a mentor who can put me through.
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by Mibellconsult: 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
20 tons of maize deliver to Lagos 100k per ton, 20 tons of cashew nuts pickup 590k per ton... Contact mike 08102926099
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by RRMarket: 12:44am On Feb 28, 2018
Daramolapaul:
Hello house. I'm new to farming. I have cleared 3Acres of land for maize farming. I need a mentor who can put me through.

I do not really know much about farming but I know that for our coated maize seeds, you will be needing 24kg maize seeds to plant on those 3 acres and the yield will be 3,000kg worth maize.Hope it somehow helps you.

1 Like

Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by holuwabusayo(m): 11:16am On Feb 28, 2018
am new to farming and I want to plant cassava and maize please I need a God fearing person to teach me how to go about it..
I want to plant on one acre of land.
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by RRMarket: 10:25am On Mar 02, 2018
High Quality Maize Seeds selling for 400naira per kg. Very high yield... 20kg seeds when planted yield about 2,500 maize grains.... Contact us today on 08034405866...Minimium purchase is 500 kg.... Customer takes care of transportation..... 440 per kg if you want us to deliver to you... Terms and condition apply... Nationwide delivery available.
RRMarket:
Buy today both hybrid and/or open pollinated maize seeds from us. We have yellow and white maize seeds. Our seeds are improved and licensed. Yield rate is very very high.
Our prices are very cheap and can be delivered to any part of Nigeria. Plus we put you through (if need be) on how to optimize your profits considering the climatic conditions around your farm.
Also available are rice seeds, sesame seeds, soyabean seeds and authentic agrochemicals
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by jackomagnus(m): 8:53am On Mar 14, 2018
holuwabusayo:
am new to farming and I want to plant cassava and maize please I need a God fearing person to teach me how to go about it..

Go to your state's Agric Development Programme people in the Local Govt the farm is located.
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by NextDayPP: 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
I can help with the little I know

holuwabusayo:
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by RRMarket: 10:14am On Mar 19, 2018
Quality Fat Maize Seeds still available. We also sell rice, soya bean, sesame and tomato seeds. Also we sell agrochemicals and sprayers. Contact us today.
RRMarket:
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by olushowunm(m): 3:06pm On Mar 19, 2018
TokyoBulls:
There are many hybrid seeds in Nigeria that are better than Premier Seeds' Oba 2, Super 6 and 98. I think the best seed is Seedco's SC 727 and SC 719 (yield potential of 14 tonnes per hectare), Mosanto's DK 920 (potential yield of 10 tonnes per hectare) and Dupont's Pioneer Sees (potential yield of 8 to 12 tonnes per hectare). PLEASE note: Yield potential and actual yield are ALWAYS different.
which one did u plant? i sight u....
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by TokyoBulls(m): 6:28am On Mar 22, 2018
You do not know much about farming but you are selling maize seed. Have you planted this seed before? What was your pilot experience like? What is the potential yield claimed by the seed company? What were the actual yields you experienced?
RRMarket:

I do not really know much about farming but I know that for our coated maize seeds, you will be needing 24kg maize seeds to plant on those 3 acres and the yield will be 3,000kg worth maize.Hope it somehow helps you.
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by bobotolen(m): 1:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
graciousme:
Good thread. Learnt a lot so far. Please does anyone knows how one can get farming land to lease in Abuja and environs?
You can get farmland for lease in kuje. You can contact me on 09078014661
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by Ejiod(m): 6:11am On Mar 23, 2018
Abeg where can I get Mozanto seed. I need info pls.
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by Ejiod(m): 6:15am On Mar 23, 2018
RRMarket:

Is this yield not low? Thought samaz gives yield of 7tons per hectare
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by ola185: 6:56am On Mar 23, 2018
Ejiod:

Is this yield not low? Thought samaz gives yield of 7tons per hectare

Is there any hybrid/OPV that can give 7t/ha? I don't think its possible to achieve such quantity of maize in Nigeria
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by Ejiod(m): 7:11am On Mar 23, 2018
ola185:

Is there any hybrid/OPV that can give 7t/ha? I don't think its possible to achieve such quantity of maize in Nigeria
Sir pls follow agric trends, there are some famers that even achieved 8ton/Ha here in Nigeria. The clear difference is good agric practice
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by ola185: 7:22am On Mar 23, 2018
Ejiod:

Sir pls follow agric trends, there are some famers that even achieved 8ton/Ha here in Nigeria. The clear difference is good agric practice

Ok sir... Pls I wish to learn more from U. I have been using Oba super for d past 3years but my result didn't near 8t/ha
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by RRMarket: 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
And lots of people tell lies too... The seed we sell has been proven by many agric experts to be one of,if not the Best Maize Seeds in Nigeria. That is all I can say for now. Thanks.
Ejiod:

Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by ola185: 2:47pm On Apr 03, 2018
Hello farmers.... Pls which of d following varieties of maize seed is d best to plant: seedco 719, oba super 6 and samaz37? Your concrete advise will be appreciated! Thanks
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by Gadgetmobil(m): 10:00pm On May 12, 2018
LOCKED IN
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by faridpac2: 2:45pm On May 20, 2018
stagger:

Without cobs is the usual way it is measured, i.e. shelled maize. meanwhile 4.7 tonnes per hectare is quite impressive given the challenges.
Pls bro which seed did u use name of company
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by deking(m): 8:38am On Aug 10, 2018
@Tokyobulls @stagger (the business guru) Please share your results post harvest. Lets keep this thread going as it is useful and will be for generations after us.

Me I just wan start my own farm of 6 hectares

1 hectare - Pineapple
1 hectare - Beans
2 hectares - Corn

2 hectares to fallow until dry season cause labourers are few.

Farm is in Ogun State.

1 Like

Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by jethro2: 2:22pm On Aug 10, 2018
Nice thread on maize planting.
Please can someone please share their post harvest result for people to learn from.

All the calculations here seem nice.
The end result will be highly appreciated
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by stagger: 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2018
This year, I decided that dry season farming with irrigation, using Saro Africa's 110-day varieties will be the way to go.
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by deking(m): 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2018
@Oga Stagger which one is Saro Africa again? Is that the one they call SeedCo please help startup farmers like us ooo. Contacts of the sales person will also be appreciated.

Remember naa you mentor us for Kero biz oooo as far back as 2010 .
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by praise010(m): 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
Dry Yellow Maize Urgently Needed

20 tons

Delivery to Lagos warehouse and or Pic Up

Call or Chat 08037271268 for your best price
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by PoWConsulting: 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2018
GET AGRIBUSINESS MANUALS AND BUSINESS PLANS INSTANTLY!!! #2,000 ONLY!!!
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!

BUY TWO, GET ONE FREE!!!

Purchase one of the following Business Plans or Manuals and get one FREE!!! You get to choose!

1. Business Plan on Grasscutter Farming: How to profitably rear, process and package grasscutters with information on where you can get High Quality and mature breeds of grasscutters, cage and other inputs. A comprehensive & bankable business plan for prospective entrepreneurs… Call to get the Table of Contents.

2. Business plan on Catfish Production and Processing: A Bankable Business Plan on Catfish production from Hatchery to Smoked fish…Call to get the Table of Contents.

3. Business Plan on the Establishment of a Small scale Mechanized Gari Production Centre. Call to get the Table of Contents.

4. Business Plan on Instant Plantain Flour Production. Call to get the Table of Contents.

5. Business Plan on Custard Powder Production. Call to get the Table of Contents.

6. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid Soap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

7. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc.

8. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

9. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness.

10. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

11. Manual on Cassava processing into Gari

12. Manual on Cassava processing into Odourless Fufu Flour

13. Manual on Cassava processing into High Quality Cassava Flour

14. Manual on Cassava processing into Industrial Cassava Starch

15. Manual on Cassava processing into Fermented Cassava Flour (Lafun)

16. Manual on Cassava processing into Adhesives from Cassava Starch

17. Manual on Plantain Chips Production, Preservation and Packaging

18. Manual on Instant Plantain Flour Production

19. Manual on Poundo Yam Flour Production, Preservation and Packaging

AND MANY MORE!!!

These manuals contain information on the best production practice, improved variety of seeds, best fertilizer for planting, best process technology from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria. It also contains practical photos of the processes, procedures, equipments and machineries, and source of these inputs (ingredients, chemicals, equipments etc) in Nigeria.

Our business plan gives a holistic feasibility report of the production and technical plan, market analysis, marketing plan, personnel and labour management and most importantly, the financial plan which is standard and BANKABLE!!!

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information

WhatsApp: +2347039664655

Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities

Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by Homeyfav: 10:11am On Jun 25, 2019
p[]';
Re: Maize Farmers Come In Here by damoceile: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2019
stagger:

Without cobs is the usual way it is measured, i.e. shelled maize. meanwhile 4.7 tonnes per hectare is quite impressive given the challenges.

I'm an aspiring farmer. .. have been following you for a while on here sir, pls kindly drop ur WhatsApp digit for me... I would like to make some enquiry on maize farming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Price Of Fish Feeds / Dutch Company Indicates Interest In Building Cattle Ranches In Nigeria / Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.