Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,408 members, 7,800,850 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice (38124 Views)

Man Steals Senator Araraume Bag At The Airport Got Caught / Man Steals Goat, Slaughters It And Wears It On His Body Like A Vest. Photos / Guyanese Man Steals $28m From Cartel & Gets Caught By Flashing Money On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by offishialpablo: 7:03am On Jun 02, 2017
pity
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by doctokwus: 7:04am On Jun 02, 2017
Freeman59:

A fool at your age, is a fool forever. Think about this
Look at how miserable ur life has become.
It's only a frustrated being like you,frustrated from abject poverty and hunger,that wud lynch a man for stealing a fan.
Take this home and ponder:amongts you people that wanted to lynch dat man,does anyone of u own a car,decent house in a decent neighborhood?I bet no!
U are in d same level with d thief caught and ur planning to lynch him wasn't out of any genuine act of wanting to prevent such stealing in future,but d fact that d sight of d thief was a sad reminder of d same level u find urself in life!
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by larrybabanla(m): 8:13am On Jun 02, 2017
abeg Wetin super eagles play?
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by vickylincon(m): 8:27am On Jun 02, 2017
donaldinho111:
No

They would uselessly trek for the useless chief dullard
both of you are correct
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by Obaf1(m): 8:47am On Jun 02, 2017
bukynkwuenu:
some churches may have lost it at the moment but nothing on earth justifies stealing from the church....in the name of hunger.

don't be shocked that this thief will sell the fan and play bet9ja
;;;;;;;;;;;;;very very corect i have a friend that can do this bet9ja for money till night him fit borrow 5k bet bt wat baffle most is dat d guy no get money
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by phreakabit(m): 10:10am On Jun 02, 2017
Just came here to contribute my quota: Dele
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by Dessydemmy: 10:15am On Jun 02, 2017
I'm a christian, I understand stealing is bad but it should have been an avenue to help the man, meet his need and probably win for Christ.
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 11:46am On Jun 02, 2017
kenny987:
Na all of dem follow for supporters club o! Thank God it is touching everyone! The hunger no let church people sef show mercy.

However rather than escalate it to this level, church authorities should have taken him in, verified his story and if found to be true, mobilised funds and sorted him out. With that they could effectively speak the Word of God to him, get him to repent and then provide him some kind of job...it's a shame really.
You're on point, but unfortunately they're not out to preach the word of God, rather they're in business and someone has come to tamper with their hard earned property in their own shop instead of working hard to establish his own business.
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by kenny987(f): 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
monalicious:

If u readthe story well,you would have seen where it was said that he ran away, as soon as d church members saw him with the fan

A thief will always attempt to escape when he's spooked in d course of his infraction. The subsequent action is what I'm more concerned with.
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by vatiqan(m): 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2017
sukkot:
cheesy this is not an hungry man. see muscle like oliver orock

eyen ino, hw fa
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by monalicious(f): 9:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
kenny987:

A thief will always attempt to escape when he's spooked in d course of his infraction. The subsequent action is what I'm more concerned with.
I'm sure they all ran after him, dats y they were able to save him from being lynched
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by Freeman59: 11:28pm On Jun 02, 2017
doctokwus:

Look at how miserable ur life has become.
It's only a frustrated being like you,frustrated from abject poverty and hunger,that wud lynch a man for stealing a fan.
Take this home and ponder:amongts you people that wanted to lynch dat man,does anyone of u own a car,decent house in a decent neighborhood?I bet no!
U are in d same level with d thief caught and ur planning to lynch him wasn't out of any genuine act of wanting to prevent such stealing in future,but d fact that d sight of d thief was a sad reminder of d same level u find urself in life!

You made an irrelevant reference in your comment. what concerns GEJ. Guy, you de mad. Just accept it
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by doctokwus: 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
Freeman59:

You made an irrelevant reference in your comment. what concerns GEJ. Guy, you de mad. Just accept it
U that participated in the attempted lynching of a man who attempted stealing at most a N8k worth tokunbo fan,dont u know u are very close to the gates of Yaba left.
Whoever made ur life this miserable 4 u to want to kill ur fellow human over a tokunbo fan that doesn't even belong to u, must av really set out to kp u undead but yet dead,literarily a walking corpse.
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by Alvinas(m): 11:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
[quote author=Gh0stFreak post=57100826]LAGOS— A young man, who attempted to steal a fan from a branch of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Onifade Town, Ayobo area of Ogun State yesterday, was apprehended.
The suspect, identified as Dele, told the mob that almost lynched him that he stole the fan because he needed money to buy gari, rice and palm oil.
He reportedly walked into the church, unplugged one of the standing fans from a wall socket and took it away.
One of the church workers, who had gone to clean the auditorium prior to an evening meeting, sighted the suspect coming out with the fan. The stranger’s behaviour arouse the church worker’s curiosity.
When he demanded to know where the stranger was taking the item to, the latter took to his heels, consequent upon which an alarm was raised.

Dele and the fan

The suspect, as gathered, attempted to board two commercial motorcycles with a view to escaping from the scene. The third one, rather than pick him, according to eyewitnesses, held him until the mob caught up with him.
In the course of interrogation, he revealed that he came from Kaka area of Ayobo, pleading to be pardoned.
An eyewitness, who gave his name as Badmos Gbamgboye, said: “He threw away the fan when the second motorcyclist he tried to board refused to wait. It was the third motorcyclist that held him.
“When he was asked why he chose the church, he said he felt that members would forgive him if caught. He said that his intention was to sell the stolen fan so he can buy food to eat.
“He said in Pidgin English ‘I wan use the money buy yam, gari, rice and palm oil for house because I dey hungry ’.”
However, he was stripped naked and forced to carry the stolen fan on his head.
He would have been lynched but for the intervention of some church’s members.

not supporting his actions but he should have been forgiven, counselled and given money for food, sometimes I don't blame this anti church offering and tithe guys
Re: Man Steals Lagos Church's Fan To Buy Garri, Rice by sukkot: 2:21am On Jun 03, 2017
vatiqan:

eyen ino, hw fa
eku weekend alagba lol. we dey ooooo. surviving this crazy world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNICEF Kicks: 13-Year-Old Omar Farouq Sentenced To 10 Years Jail For Blasphemy / From Kilishi Conversation On Twitter To Marriage: Couple Wed 4 Years After / Nigerian Man's Intestine Ripped Out In Malaysia During Clash With Rival Cultists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.