Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal (25644 Views)

Ahmad Lawan: I Am Not Involved In N-Power Job Racketeering / Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS / Osinbajo Orders Magu, New DSS Boss To Recover Missing N80b After Daura’s Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by dre11(m): 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has directed that the online portal of the government’s job initiative, N-Power, be reopened June 17 to allow more unemployed Nigerians apply, the Minister of State, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, has said.

Mrs. Ahmed advised youth to apply for the Federal Government’s National Social Investment Programme (N-SIP).

She told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Thursday that the government would scale up the N-SIP to accommodate more beneficiaries.

N-SIP is a federal government programme aimed at reducing poverty and improving livelihoods of vulnerable groups such as the unemployed youths, women and children.

The government says the programme has so far empowered over 1.6 million Nigerians through its four components, namely; N-Power, National Home Grown School Feeding Programme, Conditional Cash Transfer, and Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme.

The minister said each component of the programme would be scaled up this year.

“For example, in N-Power Scheme that 200,000 beneficiaries have been employed, we are supposed to increase it to 500,000 beneficiaries in 2017,” she said.

She said Mr. Osinbajo had directed that the online portal should be reopened on June 17 to give Nigerian youth opportunity to apply for the next batch.

“There is opportunity in the N-Power Programme for employment,” she said.

“There is opportunity in the GEEP for you to get finances to be able to start businesses.
“ Please this is real, it is working, join the process and be a beneficiary,’’ she said.

The minister said the process was delayed initially because of the effort to eliminate fraudulent applicants and to make the process transparent.

She said the programme had not been able to attain its set target because of the delay in starting its actual implementation.

“The deployment, release of funds didn’t start till October 2016 and it is so because we want to make sure that the programme is planned properly.

“We want to make sure that each beneficiary has bank account linked to BVN; we are targeting the right people, not just people nominated by big people.

“That took a lot of time but we thank God that the programme is going on well and it is now easier to upscale it,’’ the minister said.

Mrs. Ahmed said the programme was showcased at the second year commemorative event of the Federal Government under President Muhammadu Buhari on May 29.

She said that the event, with the theme: “A Smile for Every Nigerian,’’ recorded testimonies of beneficiaries across the country.

“We are thanking God for witnessing the confirmation that the work we have done is actually yielding results.

“ Prior to now, we are getting a report on paper that shows the number of beneficiaries but we have seen and heard the testimonies of the beneficiaries at the event,’’ Ahmed said.
(NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/232756-osinbajo-orders-nigerian-govt-job-portal-opened.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by holuwajobar(m): 8:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
Chop knuckle.....osinbajo fr 2019..... Biafra pple...oya cum and bite me

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by ijustdey: 7:58am On Jun 02, 2017
Mrs. Ahmed advised youth to apply for the Federal Government’s National Social Investment Programme (N-SIP).

She told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Thursday that the government would scale up the N-SIP to accommodate more beneficiaries.

N-SIP is a federal government programme aimed at reducing poverty and improving livelihoods of vulnerable groups such as the unemployed youths, women and children.

The government says the programme has so far empowered over 1.6 million Nigerians through its four components, namely; N-Power, National Home Grown School Feeding Programme, Conditional Cash Transfer, and Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme.

lalasticlala...... let get unemployed citizens informed about the government polices and how the acting president is keeping them in mind

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by IhateAfonjas(m): 10:21am On Jun 02, 2017

Acting mere commissioner orders reopening of N-Power job portal for more scam

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by Firgemachar: 10:21am On Jun 02, 2017
Okay sir
Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by brainpulse: 10:21am On Jun 02, 2017
Good one

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by DONSMITH123(m): 10:21am On Jun 02, 2017
holuwajobar:

wetin come concern Biafra here now?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:22am On Jun 02, 2017
Fair enough! Up till now, I no free encourage people because I read that the salary is peanut!
Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by Arian11(m): 10:22am On Jun 02, 2017
them go still put their people first ..

june 17th is still too far
Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by hezy4real01(m): 10:22am On Jun 02, 2017
Pls continue your good work Prof. before baba comes back

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by toxxnoni(m): 10:22am On Jun 02, 2017
grin angry
Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by RealLordZeus(m): 10:22am On Jun 02, 2017
H
Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by Evablizin(f): 10:22am On Jun 02, 2017
Good he is really acting mehn,more grace to your elbow

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by Kelklein(m): 10:22am On Jun 02, 2017
Thumb half up for the government..at least they recognise that there are unemployed and vulnerable people out there that need help, and are trying to do something about it.

Unlike what we had in the past when they spit on us and told us it's raining.

#my2kobo

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by thestevens: 10:22am On Jun 02, 2017
Osibanjo you are good,keep up the good work sir.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by seunny4lif(m): 10:23am On Jun 02, 2017
Ok sir
Take God Buhari is on long holiday grin grin
Our new president in action.
Make ewedu tree no come back till 2019 ooooooh

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by oshe11: 10:24am On Jun 02, 2017
Someone pls explain this N-Power stuff for me and all it ENTAILS

THANKS!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by rasazee(m): 10:25am On Jun 02, 2017
Nice move

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 02, 2017
God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by khalifer(m): 10:33am On Jun 02, 2017
Okay. waIting!!!!
Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by easyrael: 10:34am On Jun 02, 2017
Wow! That's cool.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 02, 2017
Osinbajo,please return this serve

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by timilehin007(m): 10:40am On Jun 02, 2017
Without being sentimental and aside tribalism you can all agree with me that this man is really active. He's always on the news for good reasons almost every blessed day. Pls give it up to him

20 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 02, 2017
This man if them make you President you go CHANGE. na so una dey do...Jonathan do wetin pass all this show up during Yarudua.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by Jilo83(m): 10:41am On Jun 02, 2017
Thank you PMB & PYO for giving me hope. I have been receiving my 30k since December

13 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by Dagaya(m): 10:42am On Jun 02, 2017
Half bread is better than none...I can't wait for the 17th.
30k monthly is a slim bread but can sure get a bag of rice and some other commodities one needs to survive.
If its only this one I achieve from this govt then so be it.
I will still prepare my voters card and vote out buhari..that is if nature doesn't run its course before den.
Yemi osibanjo is a good man...I just pray he gets the chance to rule us properly.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by Justicealh3(m): 10:49am On Jun 02, 2017
Mstwwww undecided undecided undecided . What about Second Batch So now you APC people are indirectly telling us (Nigerian)s that there isn't direct Government Job for Us

Any beneficiary from APC mouth I hate it.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by nmreports: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2017
Dem never pay the ones they employed
Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by goshen26: 10:55am On Jun 02, 2017
holuwajobar:

U wicked ooo, whr u want put Baba na?

Abi u want "must rule people" kill u?
Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by Angy55(f): 10:56am On Jun 02, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Fair enough! Up till now, I no free encourage people because I read that the salary is peanut!
I no go mumu self say I wan apply

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal by adem30: 11:04am On Jun 02, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Acting mere commissioner orders reopening of N-Power job portal for more scam

How much did you paid to apply for the first recruitment to call this one scam?
You think its ur mumu hero scam recruitment that innocent life were lost after paying 1k to the federal government

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"We Have Killed Them All, Fulani Herdsmen Will Never Come Back"-nigerian Soldier / Prophet Odumeje On 2023: "Only Ndigbo Can Revive Nigerian Economy" (VIDEO) / Omisore, Omoworare May Determine Winner Of Osun Rerun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.