Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,953 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader (23442 Views)

Reps Probe North-East Commission As "N100bn Vanishes In One Year" / South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate / South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 02, 2017
bakynes:

You are right but what does the SE need a Development commission for? They should rather propose roads that needs to be fixed by the FG. At the moment only Niger delta and North east deserves a development commission reasons we all know.

Alot of SE senators voted down the Lagos special status bill proposed, did the Yoruba people cry of marginalization?

Abeg they should cry me a river.
If NE needs a development commission bill, why must revenue from other regions used to develop the NE.. Why must this North always use the south to clean their mess.. Do you think think if it was groundnut money, they could afford to bomb themselves and destroy infrastructures? No, but because there is oil money and money from the SW is always available to clean the monster they have created as a result of their religion extremism..So, if they need a development bill, every other region too should start destroying things as well so that we can all request a development bill. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
You talked about SE senators like they were the only one who voted against the special status bill for Lagos. What about the northern senators? Southern senators mumu agreed to develop the NE using money made from the southern regions and now it was time the northern senators return the favor, they were found wanting...
We una dey mumu dey go na
mtcheew

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by bakynes(m): 7:51am On Jun 02, 2017
ColonelDrake:

If NE needs a development commission bill, why must revenue from other regions used to develop the NE.. Why must this North always use the south to clean their mess.. Do you think think if it was groundnut money, they could afford to bomb themselves and destroy infrastructures? No, but because there is oil money and money from the SW is always available to clean the monster they have created as a result of their religion extremism..So, if they need a development bill, every other region too should start destroying things as well so that we can all request a development bill. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
You talked about SE senators like they were the only one who voted against the special status bill for Lagos. What about the northern senators? Southern senators mumu agreed to develop the NE using money made from the southern regions and now it was time the northern senators return the favor, they were found wanting...
mtcheew
If the SE senators and house of reps member knew they wanted a Development bill, why didn't they support the Lagos special status bill so that the South can unite to vote the South East development bill. They forgot it will still come back to hunt them.

Well as for the NE, it is not today money from the South is been shared to the North so I don't see anything special in the North East development bill. They actually need it, though it is money from the South and International funds. Until Resource control is actualized before that will stop.

What does the SE need a development commission for?

21 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by backtosender: 7:55am On Jun 02, 2017
HiddenShadow:
Nnamdi Kanu has being proven right again that Nigeria is not the best country for us

Very soon, the SE senators will propose a referendum bill to decide the fate of all oppressed SS/SE tribes who seek Biafra

By then, I will observe the reaction of unity beggars on this platform to the proposed referendum bill to decide the fate of all Biafrans
referendum bill will never surface as long as afonjas and boko haram regions are there is a dead motion...... What ipob is doing now is the best they should get out from that backward zoo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Ballmer: 8:01am On Jun 02, 2017
sekundosekundo:
"Two things happened, it was obvious that there was a gang up to kill this bill. People that are supposed to be fasting came back and shouted nay", he said.

"We all heard it and still the presiding officer gave it to the "nays".

My question to these people that supposed to be fasting is;

1)Why did you say "No" to the development of south East?.

2) Is it your personal money that will be used for this project?.

3) Can you honestly tell me with facts what your states contributes to the project Nigeria positively more than these SE states?.

When the Igbos ganged up with the Abiko to kill the special bill for Lagos was it your fathers money that was required to fund the initiative ?

23 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by jfking2005(m): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2017
bakynes:

You are right but what does the SE need a Development commission for? They should rather propose roads that needs to be fixed by the FG. At the moment only Niger delta and North east deserves a development commission reasons we all know.

Alot of SE senators voted down the Lagos special status bill proposed, did the Yoruba people cry of marginalization?

Abeg they should cry me a river.

you just nailed it.
Everything MUST favor SE, if not then it is Marginalization.
Arrest anyone from that region for corruption....It is marginalization
This mentality is gradually being pass down to the next generation....
we need to grow and reason above this mentality for us to actually move forward.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by backtosender: 8:08am On Jun 02, 2017
Well it is good for southeast rep and the rest of politicians to see what Nnamdi kalu was telling them they thought ipod are jobless youths that have nothing to do......Their eyes where blind because of their selfishness and embezzlement is only a matter of time

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by tinsel: 8:10am On Jun 02, 2017
ogashman:
that's how the three R program was abandoned after the war.

to the best of my knowledge, we still ve the northern Nigeria development commission(NNDC) which was established decades ago... so much for people who contribute nothing to the federation account. yet they wud want to kill a bill that advocate same for the SE,and u say we re one Nigeria?

NNDC was established by northern states and has nothing to do with federal government. Why not the south eastern states start something like this first and agitate for the federal government's attention. Odua(Yoruba states have something like this). WEMA bank I think belongs to them.

6 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by tinsel: 8:19am On Jun 02, 2017
Igbos can never thrive in the politics of hatred and always feeling marginalized every time things did not go our way.
Politics is all about accord and concessions.
The other time the yorubas came out with a special bill for development of Lagos. Igbos in the house were in the forefront of people that killed that bill.
How do they want same people to support them this time.
When this bill for Lagos state was killed they took it and did not cry marginalization. Now, we are crying.
We will continue to lose as far as continue to play bad politics.
One thing out people in the south east have failed to realize is that PDP is using politics to destroy the south east. Suddenly people like Fayose, Fani Kayode and that one omokri all have became champions of Igbo cause.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by DocHMD: 8:20am On Jun 02, 2017
This is why I feel like mauling any Igbo man that sings the 'one nigeria' lullaby to me. I consider Igbo one nigerianist mor0ns and buffoons. They sicken me to my marrow.

Anyway, they are getting fewer by the day.

God willing saboteurs will reap what they sow.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by seunmsg(m): 8:24am On Jun 02, 2017
hammer6:
If simple development commission is a problem, wat is the south east doing in Nigeria?

Are we in Nigeria for one black monkey to use us to practice racism from where the whites finished dealing with them.

Or for monkey to use matters of life and death for political football and games?

See the monkey above posting his very ugly picture and struggling to justify why he is so ugly.

Why did south east lawmakers oppose the simple special status bill for Lagos state?

Even if the south east development commission is granted, how will it be done?

20 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Billygee2u: 8:30am On Jun 02, 2017
ogashman:
that's how the three R program was abandoned after the war.

to the best of my knowledge, we still ve the northern Nigeria development commission(NNDC) which was established decades ago... so much for people who contribute nothing to the federation account. yet they wud want to kill a bill that advocate same for the SE,and u say we re one Nigeria?

All these are signs and warnings to the entire Igbos to pursue the course of Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by TheAngry1: 8:30am On Jun 02, 2017
When Lagos demanded special status (just 1% budgetary allocation), it was the southeast that connived to make sure the bill was thrown out...what goes around, comes around. Wait for Chinedu to come here and cry marginalisation.

17 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 02, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Story for the gods.

Before Nigeria crashes, we would have taken a fair share of our entitlement. Afterwards, if you guys like you can burn down your part of the country, it will not be none of our business.
you talk like a dumb fellow.

Who's the 'we' 'our' that you are referring to in your statement?

The government cannot give you good governance and you think you are sharing in the spoils?

5 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by dadavivo: 8:31am On Jun 02, 2017
TheCabal:

You gonna need it. No state in the South-East is economically viable - they are parasites just like everybody else.

Anambra did not make a dime in 2016 grin
said by an afonja, Anambra IMO and abia state are all Oil producing states. Enugu is filled with untapped coal and ebonyi state is filled with rice since 1912. So let them go if you still believe they're parasite. Because the only parasites we know are Afonjas and abokiis

3 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Billygee2u: 8:32am On Jun 02, 2017
DocHMD:
This is why I feel like mauling any Igbo man that sings the 'one nigeria' lullaby to me. I consider Igbo one nigerianist mor0ns and buffoons. They sicken me to my marrow.

Anyway, they are getting fewer by the day.

God willing saboteurs will reap what they sow.
Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by bakynes(m): 8:32am On Jun 02, 2017
jfking2005:

you just nailed it.
Everything MUST favor SE, if not then it is Marginalization.
Arrest anyone from that region for corruption....It is marginalization
This mentality is gradually being pass down to the next generation....
we need to grow and reason above this mentality for us to actually move forward.
It's just like Black-white relationship,if white people arrest a Black Criminal they will say it's racism, the victim mentality among the Igbos is becoming too much anything done to them is always seen from the marginalization angle. Arrest corrupt people from all the various regions of the country their people will not raise an eye brow but Arrest a corrupt person from the SE and you see them crying witch hunt and marginalization.As if all Igbos are saints.

14 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by MultiCEO1: 8:32am On Jun 02, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Story for the gods.

Before Nigeria crashes, we would have taken a fair share of our entitlement. Afterwards, if you guys like you can burn down your part of the country, it will not be none of our business.

Taking a fair share of your entitlement won't still be enough. You'll exhaust it quicker than you got it and then what? We will laugh last.
Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by seunmsg(m): 8:34am On Jun 02, 2017
sekundosekundo:
"Two things happened, it was obvious that there was a gang up to kill this bill. People that are supposed to be fasting came back and shouted nay", he said.

"We all heard it and still the presiding officer gave it to the "nays".

My question to these people that supposed to be fasting is;

1)Why did you say "No" to the development of south East?.

2) Is it your personal money that will be used for this project?.

3) Can you honestly tell me with facts what your states contributes to the project Nigeria positively more than these SE states?.

Why did lawmakers from the south east opposed the bill seeking to give Lagos a special status?

Why did the ibos join the gang up against Lagos state?

What harm will Lagos state special status do to the south east that they had to join the north to oppose it?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by vRendoh(m): 8:34am On Jun 02, 2017
ewigmee:
People should be a little diplomatic . Igbos are screaming marginalization round the world , they bring bill for South east development, you kill it. You plan to borrow money for railways across the country and you exclude only South east. Any thing for south east is cancelled .. Believe it or not, you giving the world reasons to believe the Biafran agitators stories.

You good Broda
Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by tinsel: 8:35am On Jun 02, 2017
ColonelDrake:

mtcheew
Our people there were the most vocal opposition against that Lagos bill. They thought they were fighting Tinubu.
Politics is give and take. Knowing they are planning such a bill for the south east, they would have negotiated with the south west group. But in our politics of hate, they did not. The north will always divide the south to get what they want.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by skywalker001(m): 8:35am On Jun 02, 2017
HiddenShadow:

All the SE/SS senators should walk out of the senate for weeks and visit Donald Trump, other world leaders, International agencies and news media to explain this evil to the world

If this is done, the rest of the world will intervene concerning Biafra as an alternative since it is clear that they don't want progress in the SE/SS

My advice is for the senators of SE/SS to abandoned the chambers and do all those things listed above
stop including ss in ur biafra...

27 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Lushore1: 8:36am On Jun 02, 2017
Lagos special status bill was killed and yorubas didn't cry about it. The south need to learn to work together to achieve their goal.

12 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by bakynes(m): 8:36am On Jun 02, 2017
dadavivo:
said by an afonja, Anambra IMO and abia state are all Oil producing states. Enugu is filled with untapped coal and ebonyi state is filled with rice since 1912. So let them go if you still believe they're parasite. Because the only parasites we know are Afonjas and abokiis
Mumu Afonja parasites you say, Ogun and Lagos has Oil and industrialization hubs, Osun has Gold,Ondo has the second largest Bitumen reserve in the world, what of Cocoa in the Southwest, Ofada Rice in Ogun state. Even the North is not a Parasite at least they are the Agricultural hub of the nation because you lot have abandoned Agriculture for urban migration.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by TheAngry1: 8:36am On Jun 02, 2017
ewigmee:
People should be a little diplomatic . Igbos are screaming marginalization round the world , they bring bill for South east development, you kill it. You plan to borrow money for railways across the country and you exclude only South east. Any thing for south east is cancelled .. Believe it or not, you giving the world reasons to believe the Biafran agitators stories.

You are talking about projects cancelled in the Southeast, Jonathan had six years to correct the imbalance, what did he do? Diplomacy my foot; it was the same Southeast caucus that threw away the Lagos special status Bill. Abeg make we hear word, declare Biafra make all man rest.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by MrEverest(m): 8:38am On Jun 02, 2017
The disenchantment and frustration on Nigeria is getting to our political class, very soon there will be a unification between the already angry and vociferous Igbo masses and their political class cum elite, and boom, the much canvassed referendum becomes a reality. NIGERIA HAS EXPIRED!!!

3 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Bizibi(m): 8:39am On Jun 02, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Story for the gods.

smh....
Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by popsyleo1: 8:40am On Jun 02, 2017
This is why we should move fast to get Biafra Republic. I am a Biafran not a Nigerian. To hell with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by ba7man(m): 8:41am On Jun 02, 2017
MrEverest:
The disenchantment and frustration on Nigeria is getting to our political class, very soon there will be a unification between the already angry and vociferous Igbo masses and their political class cum elite, and boom, the much canvassed referendum becomes a reality. NIGERIA HAS EXPIRED!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/3389862/senate-rejects-tinubus-bill-seeking

Refer to this thread and see how mature the southwest are compared to you guys.

No one has thrown a party like you guys did over the rejected Lagos "Special status" bill.

23 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Yerima Shettima: Miyetti Allah Owns No Land In Nigeria, The Governmet Owns Them / EndSARS: Panel To Invite Peter Obi / Peter Obi Voted 'Man Of The Year' In Leadership Excellence Awards 2022 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.