Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader (23459 Views)

Reps Probe North-East Commission As "N100bn Vanishes In One Year" / South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate / South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 02, 2017
seunmsg:

Below was your reaction when Ibo lawmakers joined their northern colleagues to kill the Lagos special status bill.

I know you must have forgotten you made such a silly statement but the Internet never forgets. We either learn to work together or continue to lose together.
God bless u bro.. the internet never really forgets..
I love people who keep records to counter some ignorant comments

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by MrEverest(m): 9:50am On Jun 02, 2017
ba7man:
https://www.nairaland.com/3389862/senate-rejects-tinubus-bill-seeking

Refer to this thread and see how mature the southwest are compared to you guys.

No one has thrown a party like you guys did over the rejected Lagos "Special status" bill.
You guys are very wicked indeed, so with all the resources already giving to Lagos you people still want more? Lagos was developed for ages using our collective resources, even today almost all imports are chanelled through Lagos, most inward and outward flights, Most government agencies and parastatals, all headoffices of IOC's etc at the detriment of other parts of the South. Anybody from the SE & SS that still supports the daylight robbery that this Godforsaken ZOO embodies, really needs his or her head examined. No country built on injustice lasts eg USSR, Sudan, Czeckzlovakia, Bosnia etc. They all crumble in the end, and Nigeria will not be an exception, it happens gradually & we are already on its path!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Lushore1: 9:50am On Jun 02, 2017
Cue:

pls stop misleading people with lies! Ondo is nowhere near IMO on the Oil production table. Your Lagos tax, guess who's paying it?

Ondo produced more oils than SE combined and Igbos don't pay taxes in lagos than anyone else. Infact, you guys have justified and told us many times reasons why SE states have low IGR was because you don't like paying taxes.

7 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by EmeritusMbaM: 9:52am On Jun 02, 2017
[s]
Odingo1:

Nobody is against it,they are saying that two or three more state should be giving the special status in Nigeria.
Why is it that you people want everything in Nigeria to revolve around lagos,does that make sense to you people, other countries are developing big cities in their country but in Nigeria it is only lagos.
South Africa have 6 standard ports and 4 standard international airports that covers the entire country.
Pretoria,Durban,Cape Town,Johannesburg,etc,why is it that you people dont want Nigeria to develop.
[/s]

Stop pouring your smelly spits on me. You all said Lagos is no mans land, so its now Yoruba land. Loudmouthed people, you said you dont need the government and your region is the most developed in Africa. Why are you crying?

11 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by ipodstinks: 9:53am On Jun 02, 2017
HiddenShadow:
Nnamdi Kanu has being proven right again that Nigeria is not the best country for us

Very soon, the SE senators will propose a referendum bill to decide the fate of all oppressed SS/SE tribes who seek Biafra

By then, I will observe the reaction of unity beggars on this platform to the proposed referendum bill to decide the fate of all Biafrans
Shut up, stop bringing we the south south into matter. Our fathers that you killed during Biafra war, our mothers and sisters you rapped and killed during the war that you hide from the world have been exposed. The way you force your name and oppressed govent on us and killed anybody that opposed your action have been exposed. All your atrocities in Midwest is in our memory as well. Leave westerner alone, you are the one forcing us to yourself. Continue begging for your freedom and leave us alone. We can stand alone. Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by EmeritusMbaM: 9:53am On Jun 02, 2017
amysucre:
You mean food that we pay for, do you pay for oil? Stop talking as if the food that comes from the North is for free, if we produce and contribute nothing, why are you guys against our secession

So oil is free? Lmaooo. Wetin person no go hear for nairaland. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by bakynes(m): 9:54am On Jun 02, 2017
Cue:

pls stop misleading people with lies! Ondo is nowhere near IMO on the Oil production table. Your Lagos tax, guess who's paying it?
Igbo tax reach wetin Dangote,Multinationals dey pay, abi you expect you come and make money from our land and we wont tax you? As if na only igbos dey do business for Lagos,abeg go sleep joor.

6 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 02, 2017
Sanchez01:
I was tempted to fall back to the Lagos special status bill that was rejected last year and all I can say is some people have forgotten their comments on that thread. Would share some.

Funny.

God bless u for this....
they insulted the Yoruba's.. and now they want to curry favour from those who dey insulted.. sometimes u can't just pity the Igbo's.. they are d cause of their own undoing....

God bless Nairaland
God Bless the YorubaNation
God Bless Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by SuperS1Panther: 9:55am On Jun 02, 2017
austinvsb1:

Thats just absolutely selfish coming from you! A comparison to the special status bill is absolutely unwarranted and needless considering the fact that the SE's marginalization! I really doubt you are yoruba and even if you are, you are probably one of those agents that's been recruited to cause constant online tensions between yorubas and Igbos.

A group of northerners came around and screamed nay to a bill that'd have absolutely no effect to them and you come online to defend that decision with this petty excuse? Thats just low!

And I am yoruba

If you like you can be Igbira, wetin konsign me?

How is SE being marginalised? Do they have lesser representation than the constitution allows? Are they being deprived of their Allocations?

So what exactly is this marginalistion.

If they can actively and vehemently support opposition to a Bill that is beneficial to our land and we can also repay them back in their own coins.

That is politics.

10 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by EmeritusMbaM: 9:55am On Jun 02, 2017
VitaminB12:
My brother, which internal general revenue are you expecting from these states again, when there are less or no Federal investments there, no enabling business environment, no amenities and good roads to boost local industries production. As a result, these south Easterners concentrate the bulk of their business investment in Lagos and Abuja. That is to say that they partly contribute to the IGRs of those states.

What are the federal investments in Ogun state?

4 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by austinvsb1(m): 9:56am On Jun 02, 2017
Ballmer:

When the Igbos ganged up with the Abiko to kill the special bill for Lagos was it your fathers money that was required to fund the initiative ?

This is a pathetically weak excuse! Even without the special status, lagos as we all know is doing just fine!

I'v never been to the SE, but pictures on the internet shows a region that needs urgent and immediate federal intervention.

1 Like

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by austinvsb1(m): 9:59am On Jun 02, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

If you like you can be Igbira, wetin konsign me?

How is SE being marginalised? Do they have lesser representation than the constitution allows? Are they being deprived of their Allocations?

So what exactly is this marginalistion.

If they can actively and vehemently support opposition to a Bill that is beneficial to our land and we can also repay them back in their own coins.

That is politics.

Bleep that!! Special status or not, lagos' development is unhindered! To think that you'd use that as an excuse to oppose this bill is shallow at best!

1 Like

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Odingo1: 10:00am On Jun 02, 2017
EmeritusMbaM:
[s][/s]

Stop pouring your smelly spits on me. You all said Lagos is no mans land, so its now Yoruba land. Loudmouthed people, you said you dont need the government and your region is the most developed in Africa. Why are you crying?
Argue maturely,you have been frustrated by superior argument, Lagos is not a yoruba land-Oba Okiolu of lagos said that.

1 Like

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 02, 2017
I can't believe I read 1-5, mehn what a nice thread..
Nice discuss from intellectuals.. if only Nairaland can be less tribalistic like what I have seen on this thread today then it would be wonderful!

God bless Nairaland
God bless Nigeria
Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by MrEverest(m): 10:02am On Jun 02, 2017
tinsel:

Enyi onweghi ife mma agwa gi. Unu na eche onyeobuna akwa do hi uzuzu unu abughi onye Igbo.
Taa Gbafuo! All these "my mama say I be Igbo" Efulefus that have lost touch with reality. Nna, ihere ona emekwadi gi? O ndi di ka gi ka ana ere n'ohu mgbe gara aga. O kwa ndi di ka gi ruru saboteur mgbe aluru ogu Biafra. Gaa n'ihu were iberibe n'anyi isi. Ukpana Okpoko Buuru, Nti Chiri Ya!

1 Like

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by EmeritusMbaM: 10:02am On Jun 02, 2017
Odingo1:

Argue maturely,you have been frustrated by superior argument, Lagos is not a yoruba land-Oba Okiolu of lagos said that.

You are the one crying everywhere. Good, since its not Yoruba land why are you screaming Yoruba everywhere. Pathetic hypocrite.

10 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by SuperS1Panther: 10:04am On Jun 02, 2017
austinvsb1:

Bleep that!! Special status or not, lagos' development is unhindered! To think that you'd use that as an excuse to oppose this bill is shallow at best!

Lagos deserve it becuase of the large population of other states and ethnicities in there. The pressure on the infrastructure is much more than than of Ebonyi and Lagos need to be compensated for the usage of her infrastructure by indigenes of other states, which is putting enormous pressure on her ''meager'' resources.

If the myopic SEasterners were too hate-filled to see that, to hell with their Biafrau.d Developers Association Bill.

Read the comment on this thread and justify their idiocy https://www.nairaland.com/3389862/senate-rejects-tinubus-bill-seeking

6 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by VitaminB12(m): 10:04am On Jun 02, 2017
EmeritusMbaM:

so the Federal roads in Ogun state that links Lagos and other south west state is not a federal investment. Don't you know its because of this quick access to Lagos market caused by the good Federal road that you have investors establishing industries in Ogun state
Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 02, 2017
Let the SE senators push for the referendum IGBOS/IPOB are always crying about.

Abi which wan come be South-East development commission again?

Una no wan commot from the "Zoo"...

4 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by ayindejimmy(m): 10:07am On Jun 02, 2017
sekundosekundo:

Can you show the link to what you are saying?.
You forget Ekwerenmdu presided over the House that day?
Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:08am On Jun 02, 2017
seunmsg:

Why did lawmakers from the south east opposed the bill seeking to give Lagos a special status?

Why did the ibos join the gang up against Lagos state?

What harm will Lagos state special status do to the south east that they had to join the north to oppose it?

You just like most of the others levelling this accusation are just evil tribal warriors with little brain power.

Anything that has to do with Lagos isn't a Yoruba affair, you should take good note of this...

Secondly, a state that generates the highest IGR in the country (302 billion in 2016) needs nothing like special status and if you can only see this from a tribal angle then I weep for the future of this country...

We are on the brink of a cataclysmic event and we can only be saved by wisdom, rational deliberations and objectivity.

Stop seeing everything from a tribal angle...

PS: After the war what efforts did Nigeria make to rebuild the SE? We all know how the RRR was hijacked and failed woefully...

You only hate what you don't understand

1 Like

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by tinsel: 10:09am On Jun 02, 2017
MrEverest:
Taa Gbafuo! All these "my mama say I be Igbo" Efulefus that have lost touch with reality. Nna, ihere ona emekwadi gi? O ndi di ka gi ka ana ere n'ohu mgbe gara aga. O kwa ndi di ka gi ruru saboteur mgbe aluru ogu Biafra. Gaa n'ihu were iberibe n'anyi isi. Ukpana Okpoko Buuru, Nti Chiri Ya!
See this jambite that have not seen any thing. I am sure you were not even born during the war. I feel sorry for your youthful exuberance. I am sure you have never owned any thing in your life and that is why you are drumming for war because you have nothing to lose.
Your type will even drum for war so that people that owns will lose all and be as useless as you.

5 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Chuksprince: 10:10am On Jun 02, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Story for the gods.

Before Nigeria crashes, we would have taken a fair share of our entitlement. Afterwards, if you guys like you can burn down your part of the country, it will not be none of our business.
..... When the war comes.... We will start by burning lagos now.. Just burn lagos state now and there will no afonja mouth again

1 Like

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by MrEverest(m): 10:11am On Jun 02, 2017
EmeritusMbaM:

Stop being smart by half, Ogun would have been another wasteland like Osun if not for Lagos. Since Lagos got filled up, ogun has been feeding off on its surplus. Even if the ogun state governor is an id!ot, the state will still continue to be developing because of the imbalance in the structure of the ZOO. Development that should go to SE & SS is being usurped by Lagos & its surrounding areas. Enjoy the largess while it lasts because it surely wont be forever!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by SuperS1Panther: 10:12am On Jun 02, 2017
Chuksprince:
..... When the war comes.... We will start by burning lagos now.. Just burn lagos state now and there will no afonja mouth again

Be assured, Atlantic Ocean will turn to red with the ink that passes through your vein.

Furthermore, Anambra, Imo and Enugu will be obliterated from planet earth.

8 Likes

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by sekundosekundo: 10:13am On Jun 02, 2017
ayindejimmy:

You forget Ekwerenmdu presided over the House that day?

You forgot that the bill is unconstitutional?.
Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by Jflex07(m): 10:14am On Jun 02, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Story for the gods.

Before Nigeria crashes, we would have taken a fair share of our entitlement. Afterwards, if you guys like you can burn down your part of the country, it will not be none of our business.
Guy why you dey carry the matter for head like say your Papa follow for National Assembly? How e take affect your life cos as far as I know these polithiefcians only care about themselves and family members. One naira you go see, ya Papa no go see. so relax oboy

1 Like

Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by fabre4: 10:16am On Jun 02, 2017
fyneguy:

Why must you impose the ''asset option'' on Lagos to defeat the special status wish of Lagosians, yet you wanted yours to be approved for your region?

Because your asset's alone is enough to take care of Lagos. We are talking about the region as a whole and this is about righting an overdue wrong.
Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by sekundosekundo: 10:16am On Jun 02, 2017
MrEverest:
Stop being smart by half, Ogun would have been another wasteland like Osun if not for Lagos. Since Lagos got filled up, ogun has been feeding off on its surplus. Even if the ogun state governor is an id!ot, the state will still continue to be developing because of the imbalance in the structure of the ZOO. Development that should go to SE & SS is being usurped by Lagos & its surrounding areas. Enjoy the largess while it lasts because it surely wont be forever!

Well said.
Re: There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader by SuperS1Panther: 10:16am On Jun 02, 2017
sekundosekundo:

You forgot that the bill is unconstitutional?.

What makes Biafrau.d Developers Association Bill constitutional?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Mocks "Coalition" Against Buhari. Calls Them Husband & wife Party / Huge Construction Projects In Abuja - Pics And Updates / E-VOTE (NOW) for President : Jonathan (GEJ) Vs. Buhari (GMB)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.