Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

I Need Clarification On This. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Need Clarification On This. (622 Views)

Plz, I Need Clarification About Joining Cooperative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Clarification On This. by drkay(m): 6:02am On Jun 02, 2017
Salam alaekun waramotulah. My wife and I welcomed a new member in our family 3 days ago, Alhamdulillah.
By default, people are already calling him Ramadan but I have already reserved some names from which I am going to choose for him long before his birth, 'Ramadan ' isn't one of them. Now my question: should I add Ramadan to the list? my fear is that it may me more popular than the other names as most people will easily remember this.
what do u suggest?
Re: I Need Clarification On This. by Mofpearl: 6:41am On Jun 02, 2017
Wa alaykum Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

You don't have to name your child Ramadan. People will adjust to whatever you name your child or Ramadan may end up becoming a nickname. Regadless, you don't have to add Ramadan to the list.

Btw congratulations! May Allah bless your son and make him the coolness of your eyes. Ameen

3 Likes

Re: I Need Clarification On This. by AlBaqir(m): 9:13am On Jun 02, 2017
One of the first father's responsibility to his child in line with the command/advice of Nabi salallahu alayhi wa ahli is to choose a good name for his new born.

# All in all, you have the ball is in your court. You have choice to do as you wish. People cannot dictate for you. However, naming child Ramadan is something of new invention. I have never come across such name in the history of the people of the past.

# In my creed, Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib, alayhi Salam, via an authentic route, caution the use/saying "Ramadan". He said, "Do not say Ramadan, rather say as Allah says it, 'month of Ramadan (sharh Ramadan)'".

To name a child " Ramadan " is strange and like I said its newly invented among the Muslim. However, I am not saying its a sin or its Bid'ah.

# There is a Sunni-Sufi sheik, Professor Tariq Ramadan, an excellent sheik with great honour (may Allah protect him).

In short, the choice is yours. May Allah protect your child, grant you required provisions to nurse him and the entire family.
Re: I Need Clarification On This. by drkay(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
jazakumllau khairan. I say Amin to your prayers. May Allah make our children pious Muslims, aamin.
Re: I Need Clarification On This. by oyatz(m): 10:38am On Aug 11, 2021
Why not name your child in your mother tongue? For instance, Oluwasegun, Adisa, Olorunwa, Ishola etc

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Support The Killing of Blasphemers / Is There Life After Death / Progressing Where?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.