Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,665 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi (6415 Views)

Kogi Election: Corper Who Died, Buried Amidst Tears / The 4th Snake Killed In Kogi NYSC Camp (Photos) / Female Corper In Kogi Pays School Fees For 30 Students (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by Yarnvibes(f): 8:44am On Jun 02, 2017
The Kogi State Coordinator of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Mrs Ngozi Nwatarali, on Thursday said that corps members in the state were expected to plant one million trees this year.

She said this was part of an initiative by the Federal Government of planting one million trees in the state.

Nwatarali made the disclosure at the flag-off ceremony and sensitization exercise of “Plant One Million Tree” by the 2017 Batch ‘A’ Stream 1 corps members and “would be” volunteers at the State Orientation Camp, Asaya, Kabba.

According to her, the Federal Ministry of Environment in collaboration with the NYSC, is initiating and implementing the planting of “One Million Tree Concept”, expected to be effectively implemented by corps members in every state of the federation.

She said that the sensitization exercise was imperative due to the high rate of deforestation in the country,adding that statistics has shown that Nigeria has lost about two million hectares of her forest between 2005 and 2010.

“The programme is meant to engage and mobilize stakeholders in tree planting and maintenance culture, and the volunteer corps members are to be called ‘Tree Planting Ambassadors (TPA).

“TPAs are expected to also mobilize other corps members and the public for voluntary tree planting and also create awareness in tree planting in schools, churches, mosques, villages and communities during their service year.

“To achieve this, each corps member is expected to plant four trees in their respective places of primary assignment; then nurture these trees for the rest of their service year and give regular account.

“This will help our nation to combat deforestation and achieve afforestation as well as meeting the UN Food and Agricultural Organizations (FAO) recommended 25 per cent national tree cover,” she said.

The coordinator urged the corps members to volunteer and key into the concept that would in the final analysis make them tree planting ambassadors of their country.

Earlier, Dr Solomon Hinmikaye, Head of Horticulture, Kabba College of Agriculture, stressed the need for the volunteers to have passion for tree planting, noting that problems of erosion, global warming and increased gas emissions were caused deforestation.

“We have brought seedlings from Kabba college of agriculture to be planted by corps members to help promote afforestation and reduce the building of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere

“To counter deforestation, we simply need to plant trees; massive replanting effort would help to alleviate the problems deforestation causes,” he said.

The NYSC state coordinator with corps members jointly planted some trees to flag-off the programme.

http://fabinfos.com/afforestation-nysc-members-to-plant-1-million-trees-in-kogi/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

2 Likes

Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by kennyunlimited(m): 8:47am On Jun 02, 2017
kkkk
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by Evablizin(f): 8:49am On Jun 02, 2017
That's good

1 Like

Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by Arian11(m): 8:55am On Jun 02, 2017
mtcheww na today ....no one is doing shii ..how many years undecided undecided undecided
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by Victorakats(m): 8:55am On Jun 02, 2017
Wonderful project!

Do you have ₦40,000 and you are looking for a lucrative investment opportunity?

Whatsapp >>>0.9.0.9.3.3.5.2.0.0.3
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by Alisegun(m): 8:55am On Jun 02, 2017
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by SamAbims(m): 8:55am On Jun 02, 2017
Good initiative
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by Ezedon(m): 8:56am On Jun 02, 2017
Good one but allowe need to be increased

1 Like

Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by youngwarlocks: 8:56am On Jun 02, 2017
the tress should be Mango, Orange, Cashew and Guava and they should not be by the road. I saw some police on duty along Minna Road, Niger state, trowing stones at Mango and Neglecting their duty post.
So embarrassing of the NPF

4 Likes

Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by chiefolododo(m): 8:57am On Jun 02, 2017
G

Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by smartty68(m): 8:57am On Jun 02, 2017
Its okay. Donald Duke did same in Cross River but after Imoke & Ayade took over the trees are not looking healthy anymore. The trees now lacks nutrients because of recession. Even the trees sef don tire for bad government.

Please don't quote me o. I'm not well grin

5 Likes

Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 02, 2017
Make sense... not much, but at least it will reduce the UNFORTUNATE effects of climate change we suffer in Nigeria
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by themonk(m): 8:59am On Jun 02, 2017
grin
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by buffalowings: 9:02am On Jun 02, 2017
That backward state

3 Likes

Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by fergie001: 9:03am On Jun 02, 2017
I did that in 2013 as a Corper in Ijumu LGA,Kogi State.
Nice 1

2 Likes

Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by masada: 9:04am On Jun 02, 2017
dis is laudable
especially wit the increase in climate change
Trees take in CO2
Trees prevent erosion
we shld endeavor to plant a tree
This is d only environment we have

1 Like

Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 02, 2017
well, i will not, this one year will waste alot of my time, just thinking about it makes me vex
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by joenor(m): 9:06am On Jun 02, 2017
Hiya.
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by mrvitalis(m): 9:06am On Jun 02, 2017
Hope they will be economic trees
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by imstrong1: 9:15am On Jun 02, 2017
buffalowings:
That backward state
how many state is not backward in Nigeria? Is nigeria itself forward?

3 Likes

Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by Drsheddy(m): 9:15am On Jun 02, 2017
buffalowings:
That backward state

It's Your own state that is BACKWARD not mine ODE
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by chuksjuve(m): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2017
Nice initiative..
trees are good for the environment, they can also help to combat climate change.one of through cheapest ways but the long term effect is / would be splendid.

But how sustainable can the scheme be?
how far can the programme go?
hope the next administration can continue it when this present goes out?

inasmuch I like environment friendly ideas like this, the above questions are usually my fear and worries about it..

Let's wait and see.
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by yaqq: 9:45am On Jun 02, 2017
okay
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by moses93(m): 10:07am On Jun 02, 2017
So upon the large amount of busses that we have there una still wan plants more trees again? Una no see other states to plant trees na kogi state una see abi? Una wan turn kogi state to sambisa forest ba? Una plans no go work In Jesus name amen.
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by muller101(m): 10:32am On Jun 02, 2017
smartty68:
Its okay. Donald Duke did same in Cross River but after Imoke & Ayade took over the trees are not looking healthy anymore. The trees now lacks nutrients because of recession. Even the trees sef don tire for bad government.

Please don't quote me o. I'm not well grin
then u must by posting from that psychiatric hospital in Calabar road.
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by Desdola(m): 10:37am On Jun 02, 2017
A nice one if it would be followed to the latter
Re: Afforestation: NYSC Members To Plant 1 Million Trees In Kogi by thexzy(m): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2017
I do ask myself most atimes, are u ever 4 real bro?

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING.. 237 Vibrators Recovered From Girls In KWARA NYSC Camp This Morning. / Please Pals, What Is It Like Serving In Rivers State? Share Ur Xperience Pls / Nysc Camp Kits @lagos & Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.