Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 (58983 Views)

5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019 / Five Fastest Growing Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria / 10 Small Business Ideas For Big Cities And Towns In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
osjoshua:
that's why you must never be lazy while in school...don't just face your book alone, learn stuff, be smart an be ready for the outside world, use your knowledge...
I just can't imagine myself selling zobo drink, making pap and selling kunu just to survive..that's arrant nonsense
Before you start to crucify me listen,- are you saying you left school without any skill?, not even tailoring, marketing, barbing, freelancing, Graphics design, ceremony coverage and designs, computer and ict skills etc...
lemme tell you something *that dream job you're hoping to get gat millions of aspirants*,so ur chances are slim..
I know of a chemistry graduate guy doing those round popular donuts, he started it in school and immediately after he graduated he went into it full time, using his chemistry knowledge to improve the donuts taste and quality, now he is the major supplier of donuts in Benin an Delta with minimum of about 9000 donuts sold each day(#30 each)..

To those still in school- don't just read your books but find time to learn something and try to get good grades 2..

To the graduates- please don't do any job up there, please go and learn something, don't look for shortcuts, if you must do the jobs up there make sure you become one of the best and improve on it cos that's the only way you can succeed...
The millionaires today only improved on already made products with smartness and consistency..

Good luck to all hustlers in 9ja

may God bless our hustle!

sorry o bro
what is this you wrote here?
exactly why did you acquire western education sir? obviously, it isn't for you to define myopism.
your comment is nothing but short of insight.
i will just end with this for the records, i am into kunu production(you need to see my packaging) and not only do i make about a 70-100k per month after expenses, i am privileged to pay salary even if its just one person for now... my degree has transformed a over 20years family business(kunu making) into smthin i cant even describe. pls tell me something different, thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Adebayo4all: 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
COvo:
Instead of me to sell pap and kunu I go do yahoo yahoo.
Lol
I go sell pap and kunu for ten years and I won't have 100k in my account.
OP carry your suffer head thread comot for here.
You for add conductor too
Make God punish you
hahahaha

#u no well ooo
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Adebayo4all: 10:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
DonaTee:
This is d better packaged stuff op was talking about.
This can b supplied to banks or offices at a particular time of d day, or supplied for weddings n owambe

never look down on any business.
Smh for some comments
And is dis wat u will start with 5k
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Adebayo4all: 10:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
idris4eva:
All dis one na hardwork na

Why I kukuma go school now

It will now pain me more when we get to heaven and realised money ritual is not a sin
my dear money ritual is like ponzi.....in fact is a scam
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by rockyk: 10:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
DonaTee:
This can b supplied to banks or offices at a particular time of d day, or supplied for weddings n owambe

Smh for some comments

Which company makes those please?
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by DonaTee(f): 10:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
Adebayo4all:
And is dis wat u will start with 5k

If u read my post I never mentioned 5k. Meanwhile if some1 wants to do bizness im sure he can even sell some belongings to make up d capital.
Anyway u look at it pple should leave deir comfort zone n do something meaningful tgan engage in crime n prostitution
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
Victorakats:
Want to make millions from online business?

Contact whatsapp... 0.9.0.9.3.3.5.2.0.0.3
how much have you made
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Priceless200(f): 10:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
DonaTee:

Smh for some comments

More photos of classy zobos even in the abroad... grin grin
Make una dey there make sleep dey sleep una, una hear..? Graduates kobo kobo..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by YungMillionaire: 11:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
cheesy
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by justanaijagirl: 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
Lol.....Op....How many have you tried?
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by nekede11(m): 12:02am On Jun 03, 2017
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by sekem: 12:47am On Jun 03, 2017
Papzey:
I have been seeing No Job threads on Nairaland, and I thought, with this recession, the most many of us who can't find a suitable job is to equip ourselves with small scale business. In my next post, I would share skills you can learn in 6-12 months that would supplement your university degree and make you lot of money.

--------------

If you are looking for small scale businesses to start with as low as 5,000 naira, you have reached the right place.

Ten small scale businesses you can start with as low as five thousand Naira.

1. Zobo making; Zobo ingredients are not expensive, all you need to do is learn from someone who is good, make your product chilled and clean, set a target market.

2. Tiger nut (Ofio) juice making: Blend Tiger nut (Ofio) with date (dabinu), sieve till it's smooth. Pack in bottles and chill. It's one healthy choice of drink.

3. Fresh fruit blending: Start with two whole deliciously ripe watermelons, blend properly till it's smooth, pack in bottle and chill. You can then start mixing fruits to blend.

4. Tea making (hot and cold): People drink tea when they are out. As long as you are neat and your product is not expensive, people will patronize you. Neatness is key to tea making. Make healthy tea like green tea, coffee (Decaffeinated and caffeinated) along with other beverages.

5. Kunu making: Kunu making is also a great idea, learn from someone who is good at it, pack in a bottle and serve chilled. Be neat with your product.

6. Pap making: Making fresh pap for people who don't have time to make it is also a great business idea. You can add garlic and ginger to the pap to make it unique. Soak the grain in water, wash, blend and sieve till very smooth. Some may order for un-sieved pap.

7. Noodles and egg making: Cooking noodles and egg especially for bachelors, and people at work is a great business idea. All you need is prepare it in a nice way. It's a good thing that noodles is fast and easy to make. You can make your product unique by adding carrots and green peas along with other ingredients.

8. Breakfast making: Cooking breakfast for people going to work is a nice business idea. You can choose pap and moin-moin, Yam and egg or other breakfast meal.

9. Dinner making: Most people come back tired from work, think of the kind of food that will sell fast in your area as dinner alternatives for people.

10 Sliced fruits and milk; This is a really cool and easy business idea. Selling processed mixed variety of fruits entices people and makes your market unique. You can slice pawpaw, watermelon, coconut, apple, pineapple and banana, mix together and add milk to it. Serve chilled.

So all these are small scale business you could venture into with as low as 5,000 naira. You can learn all these processes in a short time, and then you apply proper packaging. Go ahead and make money!

Source: http://www.rapportnaija.com/2016/04/top-10-small-scale-business-ideas-with.html

Nice points madam

But...

Are you aware that man shall not live by EATING alone? wink
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Khaleephs: 1:40am On Jun 03, 2017
How to Started you own Business by starting order from China and became you own BOSS!!!Buy Smartly!
So You can
Shop Calmly!
Order from Trusty!
Free shipping to 9ja!
Come along with you card and order at a very CHEAPEST PRICE just click on this link

Source: http://dx.com/?Utm_rid=34562198&Utm_source=affiliate
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by benniejackson: 1:41am On Jun 03, 2017
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Nobody: 1:44am On Jun 03, 2017
realestniggah:
please stop it op.. 5000 ain't gonna do sh!t

imagine a graduate who spent 10 years in school to start selling zobo,tea,tiger nut..

is this what our country has become .. it now normal for a graduate to start selling these things

There are so much to what the Op stated up there.

Comrade, big things starts small. I'm a living testimony. I started with goods worth less than N40, 000 and have grown to(still growing) a mini supermarket that have an average number of 80 customers on daily basis. High-income earners in Abuja Metropolis. Happened between 2012-2017.

With five thousand naira, you can start up Zobo business and grow and diversify to several other businesses. It's a choice and the only limitation is your mind.

Meanwhile, University degree is over-hyped.I'm a proponent of street education.

1 Like

Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Khaleephs: 2:00am On Jun 03, 2017
Khaleephs:
How to Started you own Business by starting order from China and became you own BOSS!!!Buy Smartly!
So You can
Shop Calmly!
Order from Trusty!
Free shipping to 9ja!
Come along with you card and order at a very CHEAPEST PRICE just click on this link

Source: http://dx.com/?Utm_rid=34562198&Utm_source=affiliate
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by ahmedbanj(m): 3:10am On Jun 03, 2017
mrpablo:
u can still start SK business half bible
Lol,not wen U start 2 dey get biz wit dose foolish SARS.
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Frankicent(m): 3:58am On Jun 03, 2017
Tru talk jobs....Everyday I sit down and ask tell my self wanna make 6 six figure before graduating from the university. When I tell some individual they look at me like am bluffing or just saying you. I do say to my self..... Scho can't give you all...... Those things ops listed am pretty such she does none.... instead of that I"l rather pay an expert to teach me importation or profiting with affiliate marketing. Cause, I no it aren't easy.......

What you said really catch me deeply. The job am planning on Ger tomorrow... hundreds more graduate are almost dreaming about. Why not just be self employed.........

Another thing I notice is move with people that share the same vision are those creative thinker and visionary....
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Crixina(f): 4:31am On Jun 03, 2017
osjoshua:
that's why you must never be lazy while in school...don't just face your book alone, learn stuff, be smart an be ready for the outside world, use your knowledge...
I just can't imagine myself selling zobo drink, making pap and selling kunu just to survive..that's arrant nonsense
Before you start to crucify me listen,- are you saying you left school without any skill?, not even tailoring, marketing, barbing, freelancing, Graphics design, ceremony coverage and designs, computer and ict skills etc...
lemme tell you something *that dream job you're hoping to get gat millions of aspirants*,so ur chances are slim..
I know of a chemistry graduate guy doing those round popular donuts, he started it in school and immediately after he graduated he went into it full time, using his chemistry knowledge to improve the donuts taste and quality, now he is the major supplier of donuts in Benin an Delta with minimum of about 9000 donuts sold each day(#30 each)..

To those still in school- don't just read your books but find time to learn something and try to get good grades 2..

To the graduates- please don't do any job up there, please go and learn something, don't look for shortcuts, if you must do the jobs up there make sure you become one of the best and improve on it cos that's the only way you can succeed...
The millionaires today only improved on already made products with smartness and consistency..

Good luck to all hustlers in 9ja

may God bless our hustle!
Sir please what really is the difference between selling doughnut and selling zobo?

Someone can also get to be a major zobo distributor now, especially with packaging these days.

1 Like

Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by goodnesshomes(m): 6:23am On Jun 03, 2017
correct
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by osjoshua(m): 6:36am On Jun 03, 2017
olatemitayo:

sorry o bro
what is this you wrote here?
exactly why did you acquire western education sir? obviously, it isn't for you to define myopism.
your comment is nothing but short of insight.
i will just end with this for the records, i am into kunu production(you need to see my packaging) and not only do i make about a 70-100k per month after expenses, i am privileged to pay salary even if its just one person for now... my degree has transformed a over 20years family business(kunu making) into smthin i cant even describe. pls tell me something different, thank you
Good morning sir...I'm still a learner in the market world, no one is perfect..
I'm not condemning any business ( pap, kunu etc) but I'm only saying that our youths shouldn't jumb into such business blindly without preparations and the mentality to improve on it, we must try to be among the best just like what you're doing with your kunu making...
But we shouldn't look for shortcut, the whole of us can't just rush into the businesses listed by the op but rather we should acquire a skill, learn something and continue our hustling journey with the heart that we have a skill people can pay to get..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by osjoshua(m): 6:46am On Jun 03, 2017
Crixina:
Sir please what really is the difference between selling doughnut and selling zobo?

Someone can also get to be a major zobo distributor now, especially with packaging these days.

I didn't say you shouldn't go into zobo but you must be very good at it for you to soar high, your packaging and zobo contents must be better than an ordinary man's zobo...

There is no difference between selling doughnut and zobo..
Bin good and outstanding at it is the only difference

Buyers must see something they don't see elsewhere For you to be a major distributor...

Good morning
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Mcreloaded(m): 7:21am On Jun 03, 2017
Snail farming is cheaper as all you need is an enclosed space and pick some snails from the bush to start and feed with anything that's green
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Adebayo4all: 7:43am On Jun 03, 2017
DonaTee:

If u read my post I never mentioned 5k. Meanwhile if some1 wants to do bizness im sure he can even sell some belongings to make up d capital.
Anyway u look at it pple should leave deir comfort zone n do something meaningful tgan engage in crime n prostitution
really.....well I'm making money while in my comfort zone,should I still leave my comfort zone?
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by bigiyaro(m): 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2017
realestniggah:
please stop it op.. 5000 ain't gonna do sh!t

imagine a graduate who spent 10 years in school to start selling zobo,tea,tiger nut..

is this what our country has become .. it now normal for a graduate to start selling these things

u feel the world owes u cos u are a graduate? a graduate with vision and focus can turn 5k to 500k in a year.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by tosyne2much(m): 1:06pm On Jun 03, 2017
COvo:
Instead of me to sell pap and kunu I go do yahoo yahoo.
Lol
I go sell pap and kunu for ten years and I won't have 100k in my account.
OP carry your suffer head thread comot for here.
You for add conductor too
Make God punish you
Bros, abeg no be fight nah cheesy
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Jacosky(m): 1:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
Piiko:
is blogging lucrative?? A friend is seriously asking me to invest in it, what's a reasonable start up capital??
Blogging is lucrative but you must arm yourself with the right tools to make it in this industry that is now getting over crowded.

1 Like

Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by MATEX30: 3:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
Great, There are various ways to actually make good money in Nigeria, I share 10 of them here - http://dunamisblog.com/ten-10-ways-to-make-money-in-nigeria/

Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Papzey(f): 3:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
Priceless200:

More photos of classy zobos even in the abroad... grin grin
Make una dey there make sleep dey sleep una, una hear..? Graduates kobo kobo..

Did you produce and packaged this? Gimme your email, lemme interview you on our Blog... Let us show you to the world!!! To empower others!
Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Priceless200(f): 11:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
Papzey:

Did you produce and packaged this? Gimme your email, lemme interview you on our Blog... Let us show you to the world!!! To empower others!
I clearly didn't... These are different brands as you can see. Just brought them here to show people who are ridiculing the write up. I hate when hard work is ridiculed.
Will still reach you non the less.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 by Crixina(f): 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
osjoshua:

I didn't say you shouldn't go into zobo but you must be very good at it for you to soar high, your packaging and zobo contents must be better than an ordinary man's zobo...

There is no difference between selling doughnut and zobo..
Bin good and outstanding at it is the only difference

Buyers must see something they don't see elsewhere For you to be a major distributor...

Good morning
okay, i get it.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Prototype Of The N5000 Note (pic) / Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) / A Simple Way To Earn By Selling MTN Data Bundles On Your Website Or Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.