Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

We Niger Delta : The Truth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Niger Delta : The Truth (766 Views)

The Niger Delta: The Blighted Land Of A Benighted People? / 2019: Niger Delta Militants Endorse Buhari / Grisly Photos: Nigerian Niger Delta: The Shame Of A Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Niger Delta : The Truth by chaloner(m): 9:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
Negative outburst from few misguided and myopic Niger Delta youths on facebook does not and cannot portray the mindset, yearning and aspirations of the entire Niger Delta people.
I am a Niger Deltan and I can tell you my people stand with Biafra anyday, anytime. Yes, the Igbos have their own wahala, but it will be far easier to negotiate my existence in Biafra than in Nigeria.
To those my people who are screaming blue murder that they weren't consulted or their opinion sought before the Biafran map was drawn (that is, if such a map exists). Please I have few questions for you..
1. Did Frederick Lugard consult or negotiate with your forefathers before trapping them into the entity called Nigeria?
2. Were your communities consulted or your opinions sought before the map of Nigeria was drawn?
3. Were your fathers consulted before the oil wells in your communities were distributed among Emirs and military officers from other side of River Niger?
4. Were you consulted before your lands, creeks, rivers and ecosystem was raped, polluted, rendered barren and abandoned by IOCs in connivance with the Nigerian Government?
5. Were you consulted before being politically, economically and infrastructural
ly marginalised and relegated by Nigerian government and her constitution?
6. Were you consulted before headquarters of IOCs operating in your communities were sited in Lagos and Abuja?
7. Were you consulted before quota system was entrenched in Nigeria?
8. Were you consulted before your uncle Ken Saro Wiwa was framed, jailed and executed by Nigerian government for daring to speak out for his people?
9. Were you consulted before your son Isaac Adaka Boro was charged and jailed for treason and even killed?
10. Now, are your opinions sought before OPL and OML licenses are issued to individuals and organisations to further exploit and degrade your communities? I can go on and on with these questions.
I am an Akwa Ibomite and I stand tall to say my people are ready to part with Biafra anyday, anytime. And to my myopic brothers on facebook, please stop exhibiting your absolute lack of imagination, discernment and long-range perspective in thinking or planning.
We need to build alliances not make enemies. I stand with IPOB and selfless mazi #Nnamdikanu.
Shalom. " ~Favour Mkkybaby Udoma

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Niger Delta : The Truth by MaconAwire(m): 11:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
I see u @igwe

wire was here
Re: We Niger Delta : The Truth by pezest: 11:50pm On Jun 03, 2017
@OP those people you see on facebook talking trash aren't from Niger delta. They are some masked children of the fallen demon. They thrive on lies

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Niger Delta : The Truth by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
pezest:
@OP those people you see on facebook talking trash aren't from Niger delta. They are some masked children of the fallen demon. They thrive on lies
Your thread was brought down too cheesy

2 Likes

Re: We Niger Delta : The Truth by ndcide(m): 12:10am On Jun 04, 2017
Abeg lets forget all their stories jare. I even reminded some folks about the creation of Delta state. We were all in Benin. Many didn't buy the delta State idea. We have a house in Benin, some of our extended family didn't leave Edo state for Delta. We moved to take up new opportunities. It helped we the children then to learn our local language. Delta state became a state of its own and is moving forward irrespective of those who didn't like the idea.

Those referencing upu are really funny. So if upu changes position tomorrow, that will be correct position. We should learn to independently evaluate and Interrogate things. By now we should all know that all these groups are all for politics irrespective of the region they represent.
Re: We Niger Delta : The Truth by EzeUche(m): 2:48am On Jun 04, 2017
What else does the Niger Delta have to lose by joining the Igbo and our quest for freedom?

Nigeria has given you a raw deal and even the smallest of request for your region is met with derision.

2 Likes

Re: We Niger Delta : The Truth by evilNL: 5:49am On Jun 04, 2017
And the biggest question... Where the ND consulted before Bakassi, a ND land was ceded to Cameroon?

1 Like

Re: We Niger Delta : The Truth by pezest: 8:46am On Jun 04, 2017
mekuzi09:
Your thread was brought down too cheesy
They will get tired.
Re: We Niger Delta : The Truth by chaloner(m): 1:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
MaconAwire:
I see u @igwe

wire was here
wire wire.... Where u hide since na

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, A Country Sitting On Kegs Of Gunpowder / PHOTOS: Gov Bello Donates 29 HILUX Pick –up Vans To LG Chairmen, Vigilante / When Politics Is Bitter: Lessons From Osun West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.