Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. (107856 Views)

A Nairalander Explains How To Block USSD Service To First Bank Customers / A Nairalander Explains UBA Chat Banking AI (Leo) On Whatsapp In Practical Steps. / Which Bank Mobile USSD Have You Used B4 That Works Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 11:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
Your questions answered in pictures.. Keep it rolling

Quick Tip.. Did you know that with the FirstBank Mobile app, transactions just got a lot more top notch? Why do I say so? With the introduction of e-receipts after each transfer transaction, you can actually save the e-receipt to your phone for record purposes and also share it from the app to the receiver.. You don't need to take a screen shot. Life just got easier with FirstMobile App from First bank.

Another reason why you need to bank with First bank and download the application.

One user asked if its possible to link all accounts in the same app, Yes. Its very much possible..as long as you have registered your ATM card PAN, all accounts owned by you are automatically linked to your app. Another FIRST from First Bank Nigeria.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5438126_img20170603225505_jpegf06708b5851aaa3f1a0c891a69c6f4d8
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 6:04am On Jun 04, 2017
Good morning my esteemed readers. I trust everyone had a wonderful night rest. Its a great day today. Happy Sunday.

Those who are going to be paying their tithes today, do you know you can actually do that with first bank? We are living in an advanced world and as such, the security of your cash is my concern. Churches have accounts specially designed for Tithes. All you have to do is to collect the account number for the Tithes from your pastor and transfer it to the Church's account using FIRSTMOBILE application. Its easy. People complain sometimes their wallet fell off from their pockets in keke, or what have you. Let your mobile phone become your personal Bank today.. Go cashless. INSTALL THE APP NOW..
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 8:17am On Jun 04, 2017
Keep your questions coming
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 12:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
Feel free to ask questions... Bring your problems
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by olujaidi: 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
dingbang

I downloaded the app. When setting up my pin i got an error message saying that the pin i put in did not match. I tried another set of digits and i got the same error. I know that they match but the app doesn't recognise that.

What do i do
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
olujaidi:
dingbang

I downloaded the app. When setting up my pin i got an error message saying that the pin i put in did not match. I tried another set of digits and i got the same error. I know that they match but the app doesn't recognise that.

What do i do
is it the 5 digit m-pin you are talking about? You are required to input your ATM card number and your ATM pin first of all..and then create a 5 digit m-pin and also a 4 digit transaction pin.. So I would like to know the exact pin you are referring to

have you downloaded the app previously or is it your first time of of registering?

If its your first time of registering, you are required to input all the numbers showing in front of your ATM card and your ATM pin.. Make sure the pin is the same pin with your ATM pin..

If error persists..please go to settings, try to make sure the default keyboard settings is English US Android keyboard. The reason why I said so is because if its not the default phone keyboard being used, whenever you type a code, it inputs another different number altogether at the back end
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Evansjj(m): 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
dingbang:
please go to the bank to enable it for internet banking... Meanwhile, all ATM cards can perform mobile app banking as well as ussd codes.. Have you downloaded the first bank app?
sure I have it... so can I use my atm for online transaction using the first mobile app
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
Evansjj:
sure I have it... so can I use my atm for online transaction using the first mobile app
yes.. You can...let me assist you in registering... Are you ready now?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by sonety2k(m): 4:08am On Jun 05, 2017
cool
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Dank1u(m): 4:39am On Jun 05, 2017
I have followed all your setup instructions, I can check my balance alright but anytime I try to initiate a transaction I keep getting the setup otp message, what should I do?

Thanks

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 5:44am On Jun 05, 2017
Dank1u:
I have followed all your setup instructions, I can check my balance alright but anytime I try to initiate a transaction I keep getting the setup otp message, what should I do?

Thanks
Good moring Sir.

you were sent an otp to the phone number you used in creating that account with which you receive alerts on. Please check that phone number and get the otp
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Dank1u(m): 7:45am On Jun 05, 2017
dingbang:
Good moring Sir.

you were sent an otp to the phone number you used in creating that account with which you receive alerts on. Please check that phone number and get the otp

Unfortunately I've waited like forever to get that otp, and I've deleted the one I used in setting up.

Thanks again
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 10:39am On Jun 05, 2017
Dank1u:

Unfortunately I've waited like forever to get that otp, and I've deleted the one I used in setting up.

Thanks again
please call me. . so I can solve your issues.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by olujaidi: 11:00am On Jun 05, 2017
dingbang:
is it the 5 digit m-pin you are talking about? You are required to input your ATM card number and your ATM pin first of all..and then create a 5 digit m-pin and also a 4 digit transaction pin.. So I would like to know the exact pin you are referring to

have you downloaded the app previously or is it your first time of of registering?

If its your first time of registering, you are required to input all the numbers showing in front of your ATM card and your ATM pin.. Make sure the pin is the same pin with your ATM pin..

If error persists..please go to settings, try to make sure the default keyboard settings is English US Android keyboard. The reason why I said so is because if its not the default phone keyboard being used, whenever you type a code, it inputs another different number altogether at the back end

Works now. Thank you
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 12:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
olujaidi:

Works now. Thank you
did you input the referral code?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by elijahy1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
Are there no codes for transactions ?
That do not require internet connection.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 5:14pm On Jun 05, 2017
elijahy1:
Are there no codes for transactions ?
That do not require internet connection.
there are codes sir... *894*0# make sure you use the phone number associated with your ATM when dialling this code..

To transfer money, dial *894*amount*accountnumber#

To recharge dial *894*amount#
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 10:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
A lot of people keep asking me when they download the FirstMobile App, they can't transfer more than 20k , I always tell them that due to security, First bank Has made it so that the first two transactions has to be less than or equal to 20k before your daily transfer limit can be extended to 500k .

This is another security measure, a FIRST from First Bank...
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Evansjj(m): 1:00am On Jun 06, 2017
dingbang:
yes.. You can...let me assist you in registering... Are you ready now?
yes
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 4:32am On Jun 06, 2017
Evansjj:
yes
what phone are you using_? If its android please download the app from play store. If its blackberry please download the app from app market

Click install

Once its downloaded , open it and click REGISTER

Input your ATM card number (the number showing in front of your ATM card. Please input all of them) and then input your ATM card pin also in the box provided. Click next

An OTP will be sent to the number you get alerts from. Open ur messages and copy the otp code and put it in the box provided. Also you will be asked to create a 5 digit m-pin. That's the pin u will be using to log in to your application everytime. Please let it be a code you can remember and let nobody know the code. Input it

Click proceed

You will be asked to create a question and answer in the next page

Question: please enter " my first name"

Answer : for example "Bright"

2nd question: "my surname"

Answer: for example " Okafor"

Click save

Next you will be asked to create a transaction pin. You can use your ATM card password for this as well.

Then input the referral code TN020056 (please the TN must be in capital letters when typing)

Click save.

Your account will be registered.

Then after than, login to your app with the m-pin and make a transaction of recharging your line with 100naira for your daily transfer limit to be activated to 500k. Please do this , its important.

Let me know when you have carried out all these tasks..
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 4:49am On Jun 06, 2017
Please, if you have any confusion along the line when setting your your mobile app,,do well to contact me, my number is displayed at the top of the thread.

I understand some of us have the mobile app but haven't used it all.. Why stressing yourself going to the bank everyday to transfer money? When you have something that can ease your day to day transactions? Some of us just like to stress ourselves unnecessarily and it's annoying Me. angry

Please register your account today by following the simple steps above. Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by elijahy1(m): 10:44am On Jun 06, 2017
dingbang:
there are codes sir... *894*0# make sure you use the phone number associated with your ATM when dialling this code..

To transfer money, dial *894*amount*accountnumber#

To recharge dial *894*amount#

What about to check my account balance?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Evansjj(m): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
dingbang:
what phone are you using_? If its android please download the app from play store. If its blackberry please download the app from app market

Click install

Once its downloaded , open it and click REGISTER

Input your ATM card number (the number showing in front of your ATM card. Please input all of them) and then input your ATM card pin also in the box provided. Click next

An OTP will be sent to the number you get alerts from. Open ur messages and copy the otp code and put it in the box provided. Also you will be asked to create a 5 digit m-pin. That's the pin u will be using to log in to your application everytime. Please let it be a code you can remember and let nobody know the code. Input it

Click proceed

You will be asked to create a question and answer in the next page

Question: please enter " my first name"

Answer : for example "Bright"

2nd question: "my surname"

Answer: for example " Okafor"

Click save

Next you will be asked to create a transaction pin. You can use your ATM card password for this as well.

Then input the referral code 584/TN020056 (please the TN must be in capital letters when typing)

Click save.

Your account will be registered.

Then after than, login to your app with the m-pin and make a transaction of recharging your line with 100naira for your daily transfer limit to be activated to 500k. Please do this , its important.

Let me know when you have carried out all these tasks..
thanks have done that already... the graphical user interface is quite poor... I tried using it to pay bills but I was unable
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 4:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
elijahy1:

What about to check my account balance?
*894*00#
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 4:30pm On Jun 06, 2017
Evansjj:
thanks have done that already... the graphical user interface is quite poor... I tried using it to pay bills but I was unable
ok.. What phone do you operate with sir?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 8:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
Good evening my esteemed first bank customers... I trust you all had a lovely day

Today some customers complained to me they have the mobile application but have forgotten their login code as well as their security question and answer. To solve this problem, all you have to do is come with your I'd card to any first branch to the customer service unit and have them create a new login code for you...

Simple.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2017
A lot of us can also use our torchlight phones to perform transactions as well...

Just type *894*amount# (for recharge)

*894*00# (to check account balance)

*894*amount*accountnumber# (for transfer)

Easy... You will be asked to input your ATM pin and also a 5 digit pin . please input a 5 digit code that you can always remember easily
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dkdigits(m): 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2017
Gud evening, I did a transfer using the first mobile app, and got a transfer failed message.now money was still deducted and the beneficiary not credited. What do I do?eagerly awaiting your response.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 9:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
dkdigits:
Gud evening, I did a transfer using the first mobile app, and got a transfer failed message.now money was still deducted and the beneficiary not credited. What do I do?eagerly awaiting your response.
what was the exact error message? Transaction error?

Sometimes you get this message due to network but the transaction will be carried out as well.. It might be that the receiver has seen the money already. Please call the person again telling him you have been debited.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dkdigits(m): 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2017
dingbang:
what was the exact error message? Transaction error?

Sometimes you get this message due to network but the transaction will be carried out as well.. It might be that the receiver has seen the money already. Please call the person again telling him you have been debited.
transaction unsuccessful or something to that regard ...the beneficiary is a banker and very trust worthy and as at the time I spoke to him last, which was hours after the transaction he hadn't gotten an alert, how do I go abt this pls
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 10:54pm On Jun 07, 2017
dkdigits:
transaction unsuccessful or something to that regard ...the beneficiary is a banker and very trust worthy and as at the time I spoke to him last, which was hours after the transaction he hadn't gotten an alert, how do I go abt this pls
like i mentioned, have you called him recently?,
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by holluikon(m): 8:31am On Jun 08, 2017
dingbang:
yes.. 10 devices is the maximum number of devices to login on because of security purposes. Please send an email to ebusiness-services@firstbanknigeria.com for the devices to be deactivated..

Thank you so much ; my problem solved, although the email you gave me is not it, but the one you stated above and calling one of the above numbers helped.. I'm so grateful

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Tecno D5 full Specifications and review / The Best Tecno Android Phones In Nigeria (october 2013) / The List Of Tecno Phones That Would Have BBM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.