Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. (107885 Views)

A Nairalander Explains How To Block USSD Service To First Bank Customers / A Nairalander Explains UBA Chat Banking AI (Leo) On Whatsapp In Practical Steps. / Which Bank Mobile USSD Have You Used B4 That Works Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
kirchofff:
i'll be changing my atm card in two months time because it will expire, what will i have to do if i get the new atm card?
Nothing. Its only when you are changing to a new phone, you will now use the PAN number on the new ATM card to activate on the new device.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by seyoops4u: 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2017
dingbang:

So, You guys dont give people FEEDBACK especially when it involves money.
"We" were trying to use First Bank card to refill our gas at the filling station but the POS displayed a message failed transaction but the money
was deducted from the account. Due to that, we called your help line and they said we should give them (you) 2 weeks and ever since then (more than one month) no feedback, no reversal of the money either. Is that a good customer service ?

We kept calling and First Bank kept telling us to give them sometime.
Really, we're highly disappointed in your customer service. It's so poor... I'm sure we're not the only one experiencing this bad customer service you guys are operating. Please work on it
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Zonacom(m): 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
dingbang:
First bank mobile app has evolved to become the most reliable Mobile banking app due to better transaction services to her customers
Please bro i have two savings account with firstbank and i use same phone number for both. How can i operate both accounts using the mobile app? At present i can only access one of the accounts on the app
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
Zonacom:

Please bro i have two savings account with firstbank and i use same phone number for both. How can i operate both accounts using the mobile app? At present i can only access one of the accounts on the app
just go to any first bank branch and talk to the customer service that you want to link your account, it will be done right away after your request has reached their platform
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
seyoops4u:

So, You guys dont give people FEEDBACK especially when it involves money.
"We" were trying to use First Bank card to refill our gas at the filling station but the POS displayed a message failed transaction but the money
was deducted from the account. Due to that, we called your help line and they said we should give them (you) 2 weeks and ever since then (more than one month) no feedback, no reversal of the money either. Is that a good customer service ?

We kept calling and First Bank kept telling us to give them sometime.
Really, we're highly disappointed in your customer service. It's so poor... I'm sure we're not the only one experiencing this bad customer service you guys are operating. Please work on it

I understand your complaints sir.. It might be that the filling station got the money but refused to inform you. Some people can be as wicked like that. But nevertheless, I don't work in that dept, on behalf of firstbank, I am sorry for the inconvenience
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2017
Download the mobile app and keep your questions coming. Thanks alot
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by seyoops4u: 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
dingbang:
I understand your complaints sir.. It might be that the filling station got the money but refused to inform you. Some people can be as wicked like that. But nevertheless, I don't work in that dept, on behalf of firstbank, I am sorry for the inconvenience

So, there wont be solution to this, right ?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 4:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
seyoops4u:

So, there wont be solution to this, right ?
there is still a solution. It might be due to the fact that the customer service officer whom you lodged the complaint to did not constantly remind those in charge to act fast on your issues. On my own part I would suggest you take the matter to the Branch manager and express it to him.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2017
@ Dingbang, what are the requirements to get MPOS? Who sort of account(savings/businesss) do I need to operate to subscribe for MPOS...does any charges apply too?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2017
IHate9ja1:
@ Dingbang, what are the requirements to get MPOS? Who sort of account(savings/businesss) do I need to operate to subscribe for MPOS...does any charges apply too?
my unit is first bank Mobile App. I suggest you visit any first bank branch and get the required info about getting the POS for your busines from the Customer Service Officer

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Angeleye5(m): 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Dingdong Good Stuff Man, Jst Downloaded D App And Yes I Was Sure To Add Ur Referal Code., But I'd Like To Knw If The App Works Offline.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
iheanyi40:
Dingbang I use firstmonie app, what's the difference btw d two
First monie app is more like a mobile wallet. But with first mobile, you can perform a large range of transactions. My apologies for attending to your question late.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
Angeleye5:
Dingdong Good Stuff Man, Jst Downloaded D App And Yes I Was Sure To Add Ur Referal Code., But I'd Like To Knw If The App Works Offline.
thanks for using my referral code.. I really appreciate..

First bank has also made a provision for customers to do transactions offline using the ussd code.

To transfer money, dial *894*amount*accountnumber# and follow the instructions
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
DALE917:
I'm tired
hey, have you tried again?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by daprim(m): 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
dingbang:

Please don't forget to also input my referal code which is TN020056 when registering your account on the first Mobile app. It will assist me in meeting my targets, And if you used it, please inform me so I will thank you specially in my own way.. Thanks a lot.

I just used it with your referral code, so l am awaiting my thanksgiving offering
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
For those who will love to open an account with first bank, the requirements are listed below

A valid I'd card.

2500naira minimum. You can as well open it with 1000naira and deposit the balance later to collect your ATM card .

Two passports

Utility bill

See you at the nearest first bank branch wink
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
daprim:

I just used it with your referral code, so l am awaiting my thanksgiving offering
what network do you use?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by iamezekwesiri: 5:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
dingbang:
please go to the bank to enable it for internet banking... Meanwhile, all ATM cards can perform mobile app banking as well as ussd codes.. Have you downloaded the first bank app?

Not all ATM cards OP,
Only Verve and Naira Mastercard (debit card)
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 5:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
Your questions are welcomed
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by seunlayi(m): 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
Op, you tried. Only if firstbank can have more innovative minds like you, nothing will stops them from bn truly the first. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
seunlayi:
Op, you tried. Only if firstbank can have more innovative minds like you, nothing will stops them from bn truly the first. Thumbs up
I appreciate your comments Sir. Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Abbeyme: 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2017
heydora:
@Op..i changed device but did not get OTP. Contacted Firstcontact and they confirmed my phone. So what do I do. Mind you I was able to activate FIRSTMONIE. Thnks

Could be that you have disabled certain text messages from your phone.

Please text STATUS to 2442. It will let you know if your network provider has enrolled you on the Do Not Disturb DND service to stop unsolicited sms. If positive, that is the issue why you have not received your OTP. To resolve text ALLOW to 2442

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ask your questions please
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by seyoops4u: 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
dingbang:
there is still a solution. It might be due to the fact that the customer service officer whom you lodged the complaint to did not constantly remind those in charge to act fast on your issues. On my own part I would suggest you take the matter to the Branch manager and express it to him.

Wow !! going to Branch Manager to lodge a complaint...
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 6:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
seyoops4u:

Wow !! going to Branch Manager to lodge a complaint...
well you said the issue has not been resolved for over a month... And you have gone countless times to complain to customer service .. I thought best to go to a higher authority then
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by daprim(m): 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
dingbang:
what network do you use?

MTN
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by muyibabs: 7:43pm On Jun 10, 2017
I do not have an ATM card for my account. Does that mean I cannot use the app?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
muyibabs:
I do not have an ATM card for my account. Does that mean I cannot use the app?
yes. Please pick up your atm at the nearest branch close to you. It doesn't take two minutes more... Even if you don't want to be using ATM card, just pick it up just for the mobile banking purpose .. That's all..
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by biggy26: 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
dingbang:
people who experience lagging are users who operate with a smaller android version let's say 4.4.2. Higher versions don't experience lagging.
That's interesting to note, but how come it's only the first bank app that has a phobia for smaller android versions? I think it has to do with your technology, not necessarily the phone version. My thoughts.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
daprim:

MTN
alright.. Please inbox me your number.. Make I send card for you..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Tecno D5 full Specifications and review / The Best Tecno Android Phones In Nigeria (october 2013) / The List Of Tecno Phones That Would Have BBM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.