Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway (17826 Views)

PDP's Presidential Candidate, Atiku, Reacts As FG Endorses N30,000 Minimum Wage / Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins / Economic Alternatives To The CROSS RIVER-SUPER HIGHWAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by AworiLagosian: 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2017
This is just an avenue for china to exploit the natural resources in that region, most especially timber.
The highway is of absolutely no need, as the cross river basin has very very low population density.

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by muller101(m): 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
IgboAmakaa:
I dont know y i like this state so much despite the fact that they are no longer oil producing state but they are still making waves even more awka ibom state

i am just waiting for there deep sea port to come up
don't be deceived. All na over hype
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Awho(m): 4:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
best news to start the month with
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Blue3k(m): 4:24pm On Jun 03, 2017
latsy:

You wrote several sentences but said nothing.

Lol don't worry Osinbajo panders to your demographic who wants to hear a few sweet lines. You be the first one shocked the project doesn't take off because the state government can't conduct an EIA correctly.
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Bigcake: 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2017
IgboAmakaa:
I dont know y i like this state so much despite the fact that they are no longer oil producing state but they are still making waves even more awka ibom state

Sharrap, what waves are they making? Because one useless governor has appointed 2,300 Special Advisers, is that what makes the state a wave making one? Are yoy aware that Tinapa is dead? last year when I visited Obudu Ranch Resort, to my surprise the place wasnt working effectively. Infact the cable cars were non functional, let alone other facilities.
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Splashme: 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2017
Blue3k:
This guy's political pandering is disgusting at times but people don't notice it. The projet not being completed is all due to the irresponsible Cross River government who too lazy to conduct an EIA correctly after 3 tries. His thumbs up means squat. The state government threat to do it without approval is laughable. The Calabar Itu road you couldn't maintain without federal assistance now Super highway you will do? [/b]OK boss make a believer of us please grin.

Before anyone quotes me crying please read this.
[b]
Calabar - Itu road is a FG road, why should the state government maintain it? Your own mumu is beyond me.
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Blue3k(m): 4:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
Splashme:

Calabar - Itu road is a FG road, why should the state government maintain it? Your own mumu is beyond me.

Same reason Lagos took it upon themselves to fix airport road. Better to fix it and have Federal government repay you than a death trap. Now explain why cross river can't conduct EIA correctly. The fact you believe that empty threat shows your just you cut from same clothes as those inept souls.

2 Likes

Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Rikidony(m): 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
UnknownT:
Would have loved to see the 3D picture of the road
there you go

Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Aburi001: 5:03pm On Jun 03, 2017
Blue3k:

The point of road was to link proposed port to other states like Benue. The project is simply not thought out and just plain insane on other parts. They didn't factor in environment, feasibility or people affected. They wanted this highway to have WiFi... I'm not even getting into juicer details.
What is this one saying
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Blue3k(m): 5:06pm On Jun 03, 2017
Aburi001:
What is this one saying

You don't know because your ignorant but love commenting anyway. Dispute what I'm saying if you know better.
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
high way na high way which one be SUPER again??
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Timijo(m): 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
I hope good contractors will handle the project.
Anyway, I am angry with nairalanders. Today is my birthday and I did not get up to 10 likes.
C'mon, show your brother some love

2 Likes

Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by IBBG(m): 5:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
i don't understand how dis project is a nightmare to spme people. i mean is it a crime to have a world class road in nigeria. Mediocrity is so pervasive in nigeria.
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Youngzedd(m): 5:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
jaytime:
Ah ah! Them never endorse am since since? Too much bottlenecks in government projects always delay development.

That project is a full time scam.
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by ipodstinks: 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
Drsheddy:
Bad news for AFONJA them
How is it bad news?, Rather we will not hear of victim cry as usual.
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by deomelo: 6:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
Drsheddy:
Bad news for AFONJA them

Must you people spew dumb and ignorant rubbish all the time?

Paranoia, insecurity and low self-esteem is really killing you people beyond repair.

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Lahmamaka17: 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
Pls I want to relocate to calabar from Lagos, because Lagos is somehow expensive expensive. Most expecially, Island where I stay. Hope life is easy in Calabar for a fresh graduate that also choose Laundry and dry cleaning as a profession. Pls I need advise pls. Thanks
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by zoedew: 6:37pm On Jun 03, 2017
Blue3k:

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/232831-nigerian-govt-endorses-cross-rivers-260km-super-highway.html

Every State in Nigeria should have a superhighway designed to traverse all its local governments. Overtime we had remained glued to the road design and network left us by the colonialists whose goals were purely to move materials to the ports for export to feed Her Majesty's economy. Prof Ayade deserves commendation. Environmentalists should instead proactively seek to make inputs into the project with a view to weaving the road around its wonderful forests in a manner that exhibits its beauty an essence for tourists and all to savor for economic profit.

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Nuellaluv(f): 8:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
Blue3k:
This guy's political pandering is disgusting at times but people don't notice it. The project not being completed is all due to the irresponsible Cross River government who too lazy to conduct an EIA correctly after 3 tries. His thumbs up means squat. The state government threat to do it without approval is laughable. The Calabar Itu road you couldn't maintain without federal assistance now Super highway you will do? OK boss make a believer of us please grin.

Before anyone quotes me crying please read this.
We are watching him the guy is just so annoying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Themandator: 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2017
IgboAmakaa:

You have many decades to wait ....That short man is a scam.... He is doing nothing in the state ....Btw , I saw in the article that the conference centre inuagurated or opened , ,et it be known that Imoke opened it before leaving office
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by naturefellow(m): 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2017
Awho:
best news to start the month with
you surely have no idea how much bad this news is to a certain group of people right now.
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by naturefellow(m): 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2017
zoedew:

Every State in Nigeria should have a superhighway designed to traverse all its local governments. Overtime we had remained glued to the road design and network left us by the colonialists whose goals were purely to move materials to the ports for export to feed Her Majesty's economy. Prof Ayade deserves commendation. Environmentalists should instead proactively seek to make inputs into the project with a view to weaving the road around its wonderful forests in a manner that exhibits its beauty an essence for tourists and all to savor for economic profit
I think you have an idea how much they (environmentalists) fought to see that this project did not see the light of day. WCS floated a petition on change.org, which won with an impressive number of votes. And now this, after the semblance of success.
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Awho(m): 9:53pm On Jun 03, 2017
naturefellow:
you surely have no idea how much bad this news is to a certain group of people right now.

indeed my brother the cross river wing of the APC et all. you sound like a cross riverine are you one?
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Awho(m): 9:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
Themandator:

You have many decades to wait ....That short man is a scam.... He is doing nothing in the state ....Btw , I saw in the article that the conference centre inuagurated or opened , ,et it be known that Imoke opened it before leaving office
oh my dear wailer its such a shame his out this time to set the record straight
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by naturefellow(m): 5:15am On Jun 04, 2017
Awho:

indeed my brother the cross river wing of the APC et all. you sound like a cross riverine are you one?
not at all. Only a concerned environmentalist from the West.
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Awho(m): 5:21am On Jun 04, 2017
naturefellow:
not at all. Only a concerned environmentalist from the West.

oh great so what's your concern and where is the bad news emanating from. teach me
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by naturefellow(m): 5:27am On Jun 04, 2017
Awho:

oh great so what's your concern and where is the bad news emanating from. teach me
http://www.latimes.com/world/global-development/la-fg-global-nigeria-superhighway-snap-20161128-story.html

An alternative route for the highway has been provided which promises to minimize the environmental damage. But the question remains, does cross river state really need such a jumbo race course?

In case you do not know, cross river state is a biodiversity hotspot in the world (with unique species of birds, butterflies and mammals - drills, gorillas, etc., which are being conserved by WCS), attracting tourists and ecotourists to sites as Obudu Cattle Ranch, Cross river National Park @ Ikom, Afi Mountains, and especially those regions bordering with Cameroun.
Imagine this! Almost a decade ago, a Danish lepidopterist, Toben Larsen, single -handedly discovered hundreds of new butterflies in one afternoon after visiting a nature reserve in Bauchi. Also visited Ibadan-IITA and C/R and made pioneering discoveries.
Being an active member on a naturalist forum called iNaturalist.org, curators recommended that I visit C/R soon, especially, C/R National Park, Afi mountains, and other regions bordering Cameroun, just to obtain records of wildlife. As a matter of fact, i recently returned from Obudu plateau for a similar mission.
Nigeria is blessed in a myriad ways that only a few can duly appreciate.

Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by Awho(m): 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
naturefellow:
http://www.latimes.com/world/global-development/la-fg-global-nigeria-superhighway-snap-20161128-story.html

An alternative route for the highway has been provided which promises to minimize the environmental damage. But the question remains, does cross river state really need such a jumbo race course?

In case you do not know, cross river state is a biodiversity hotspot in the world (with unique species of birds, butterflies and mammals - drills, gorillas, etc., which are being conserved by WCS), attracting tourists and ecotourists to sites as Obudu Cattle Ranch, Cross river National Park @ Ikom, Afi Mountains, and especially those regions bordering with Cameroun.
Imagine this! Almost a decade ago, a Danish lepidopterist, Toben Larsen, single -handedly discovered hundreds of new butterflies in one afternoon after visiting a nature reserve in Bauchi. Also visited Ibadan-IITA and C/R and made pioneering discoveries.
Being an active member on a naturalist forum called iNaturalist.org, curators recommended that I visit C/R soon, especially, C/R National Park, Afi mountains, and other regions bordering Cameroun, just to obtain records of wildlife. As a matter of fact, i recently returned from Obudu plateau for a similar mission.
Nigeria is blessed in a myriad ways that only a few can duly appreciate.

nice argument my brother but the fact still remains that the economic benefit of this single project can not be over emphasised ..

that we have natural reserve does not mean we should trow away development . economically with all due respect what has the said natural reserved added to the purse or has it attracted extra income to the state coffers ?
or has it bridge the unemployment gap in the state?
how has it improved the living standard of the people of the host community ?

this and many more questions come to mind

but the supper highway project I guess you already know is linked to the calabar sea port which is under serious dredging right now and of course the important of a sea port in a state can not be over emphasised . and as we all know the governor is only trying to avoid what is happening in Lagos tinlan port from happening to her young port. talking about the bad state of road et all so as an economist I share in the philosophy of destroy to construct ..

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by jaytime(m): 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
Youngzedd:

That project is a full time scam.
Na you know that one o.
Re: FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway by bomadu(m): 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass Calabar Contractor Not Paid!!!!

Support our local contractors!
https://www.nairaland.com/3859414/goodluck-ebele-jonathan-bypass-calabar

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Saraki Frustrated Buhari’s Administration, By FG / Doing Yahoo Because Of Slavery Is Mental Laziness - Reno Omokri Attacks Yahoo Bo / Troops Rescue Three FGC Yauri Students & One Teacher; Kill One Bandit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.