Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,430 members, 7,781,256 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:22 AM

Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG (12457 Views)

Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut / Suspend Services In Lagos - NUPENG Orders Tanker Drivers / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Backs NLC Planned Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by deantimes(m): 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2017
THE Nigerian Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) has criticised the proposed N5 petrol levy by the Senate, describing it as a huge joke.

Alhaji Tokunbo Korodo, the South-West Chairman of NUPENG, said in Lagos on Saturday that the proposal was ill-timed and also smacked of insensitivity to the current economic hardships facing Nigerians.

He wondered how the nation’s Upper Chamber could think of another fuel price increase when Nigerians were “striving to cope with the current harsh economic realities”.

“How can the Senate propose such a bill at this particular period when poor Nigerians can hardly feed themselves?

“The prices of foodstuffs have tripled in the market, while workers’ salary has not been increased,” Korodo told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

Sen. Kabiru Gaya (APC-Kano), the Chairman, Senate Committee on Works, had on June 1, presented a bill entitled, “National Roads Bill” to the House.

The bill recommends that Nigerians should pay N5 levy on every litre of imported petroleum products and that levy will form part of the proposed national roads fund.

It also recommends the deduction of 0.5 per cent on fares paid by passengers travelling on inter-state roads to commercial mass transit operators as well as the return of toll gates on federal roads, among others.

Korodo said:“Just a year ago, the pump price of petrol was increased from N87 to N145 per litre and Nigerians accepted the increment because of the sincerity of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.

“Any attempt to adjust the price of petrol under any guise will be resisted by the Organised Labour.”

The NUPENG chief called on well-meaning Nigerians to prevail on the leadership of the Senate to step down the bill.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/06/proposed-petrol-levy-huge-joke-nupeng/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by ojun50(m): 8:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
I still don't knw why boko boys hv nt visit those Senate guys

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by lonelydora: 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
A very huge joke comrades. We will not take it because these senators do not buy petrol like millions of ordinary citizens, they just go to the Senate filling station and fill up their tanks.

Why can't these kidnappers abduct these guys one after the other or even kill some of them if need be?

Mods, don't you guys watch football? Watching Juventus beat the crap out of Real Madrid

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by leofab(f): 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
Instead of them to propose a punishment every time our ministers and commissioners fail..

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
shish
Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by pythonkid(m): 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
buhari

2 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by Waskolo(m): 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2017
fvck this fools

1 Like

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by Sojebrand(m): 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2017
Please were is that twitter senator

10 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by BuhariApcfool: 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2017
Nigeria is messed up since this Uselesss Apc Dullard Buhari with his foolishh old men entered govt .Nigerians are in a hot soup

7 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
Farcical government based on mendacity. If you were part of the people who voted APC into power you should bow your heads in shame.

Nigeria was better off before May 2015. # spits.

6 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by seunny4lif(m): 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
Change is change everything oooooooh

1 Like

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by deepwater(f): 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
This alone, can set this country on fire.

#87 to #145 and there has been no significant positive change and you think additional #5 would do the magic?

Oga senator on this matter eh, just forget that national road bill nonsense' and leave the Road like that for us. Senator is it your Road?
They repaired your Abuja airport Road in due time without additional levy to you pocket. Now you think you can come and levy me Abi?

I am in my house, Come and beat me

7 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by greatgod2012(f): 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
It's that Ben Bruce guy that I'm even annoyed with the most!

Upon all his shouting when PMS was was increased to 145 naira, nobody will believe he'll be among those who will sign for an additional 5naira increase on a liter!

He no go better for all una wey sign that yeye thing!

NUPENG, thank you jare, make sure you reject the yeye tax to the last!

5 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
But I thought that the Nigerian Economy is doing fine under the stupid president Nigerians voted!!

I support the fuel hike fee!!

5 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by smartty68(m): 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
What consigns me ni... Even if lament from now till tomorrow, what effect will it make

Lemme come and be going...

4 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by ellovee(m): 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
It will be of great importance and achievement for nupeng to resist this proposed increase.

3 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by Horbar1: 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2017
Shame on APC government, after failing on their promises of making the fuel price #40 yet they want to increase the price.

2 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by lonelydora: 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
leofab:
Instead of them to propose a punishment every time our ministers and commissioners fail..

Hmmm mm. Fine geh
Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by mytime24(f): 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
All hail APChangi wink

Una nava c chuchi

2 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by meritknight: 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
Security is vital. Safeguard your property today!!!

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
Waskolo:
fvck this fools
don't of idiots....
Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by Liturgy(m): 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
Things like this makes me realise that I'm in Nigeria.
Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by aviationguy: 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
how on earth will the Senate think of such bill in this economic harsh conditions is open to us that they are not really representing the people that voted for them....... if at all the votes was counted,its insensitive on the pact of the Senate leadership.

1 Like

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by ipobarecriminals: 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2017
sad like joke,like joke.Dem nor go kill us sha

1 Like

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by NaijaMutant(f): 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2017
ok
Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by EmmyDJourno: 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2017
Intelligence does not lead the way in this country, our leaders are stupid and dumb

Shame on them all, Nigerians need to be educated on how to recall these bastards

Okay; woosaa, woosssa, calm down bros

Please Note: Our leaders are fools, True Fact angry

2 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2017
I SUPPORT THIS.....I WANT THE SITUATION WHERE Nigerian WILL WORTH NOTHING
Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by COMPAQ(m): 9:05pm On Jun 03, 2017
I wonder why organized Labour never goes to the public hearing to say these things instead of the pages of newspapers. I'm not convinced layout is that genuine. Probably fronting to be settled. If the want to influence things, they should play the game properly. Why not go the the Nass and tell them to their faces that they are overpaid and insensitive.

2 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by Bossontop(m): 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2017
undecided
Lets c weda d kontri would be shut down lyk during Gej tym

3 Likes

Re: Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
Korodo said:“Just a year ago, the pump price of petrol was increased from N87 to N145 per litre and Nigerians accepted the increment because of the sincerity of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.

Nigerians have already accepted this fuel hike in the Spirit of Change.
Bubu, carry go till 2027!!!
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Nasir El-Rufai With Kannywood Actors / Buhari Departs Nigeria For Burkina Faso / APC: NEC Meeting Not Holding On March 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.