Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,388 members, 7,800,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement (9532 Views)

UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal / University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick / Alleged Fraud: FUTA Senate, ASUU Disagree Over Vc’s Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by marryjesus: 5:40am On Jun 04, 2017
The Federal University, Dutsinma, Katsina State, has been shut following tension over reinstatement of its Vice Chancellor, Prof. Haruna Kaita, who was fired by the university’s management over alleged financial misappropriation, but recently reinstated by a court order.

His attempt to resume office last Friday led to a build up of tension between his sympathisers and those in support of his ousting. An eyewitness said some of the students on Friday showed their disapproval of the VC’s reinstatement by shouting slogans to kick against his recall, while those in support of the his return tried to confront them.

It was learnt that the situation led to division of students and staff along religious lines.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/06/katsina-federal-university-shut-over-vc.html

1 Like

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by ige101(m): 7:49am On Jun 04, 2017
Is He a Christian?

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by Jumeeeeesal(m): 8:36am On Jun 04, 2017
ige101:
Is He a Christian?
u'll surely recognize them wherever they are...No is an athiest #ipob

9 Likes

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:53am On Jun 04, 2017
Paid audience no dey allow us know the truth again undecided

But if he was accused of misappropriation of fund, has he being declared innocent Why the reinstatement

These people don buy our judiciary finish. Kai!

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by veacea: 8:53am On Jun 04, 2017
i will come and comment when am back from church
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by IDOHOU: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2017

1 Like

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2017
Basic problem is the idea in Nigeria that Universities exist for the sharing of favours, including money and admission spaces.

As such, the religion or tribe of important university officials becomes a flashpoint, largely because if your tribe is favoured in the officials appointment game, it could be beneficial for you.

This also shows that Nigerians do not trust their law enforcement agencies, to the point that some people think they must follow the VC to enforce his reappointment by violence.

Nigerians are an Immature and immoral people. And restructuring or change or whatever is not going to provide instant cure.Neither would religion sadly enough

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by LionDeLeo: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2017
Jumeeeeesal:
grin grin grin
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by harrysterol(m): 8:57am On Jun 04, 2017
NA WA only in Nigeria
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by sbashir10(m): 9:00am On Jun 04, 2017
if he's guilty of the offence, then he should be ousted and if he's not and court has rule on it then, i see no reason why students should argue over it.

This should be the kind of cases students body like NANS etc should be interested in, but rather they've turned themselves to mouthpiece of politicians, 1 gbosa for 10,000k. it's really a shame, for those student's come politicians puppets
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by sbashir10(m): 9:01am On Jun 04, 2017
ige101:
Is He a Christian?
oh lawd, that's how they bring religion into everything

8 Likes

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:03am On Jun 04, 2017
You just have to expect the unexpected in our dear country, Nigeria. It is well.
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by Edu3Again: 9:03am On Jun 04, 2017
The Christians should leave the North to get their Boko Harem republic.
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by olayinka63: 9:08am On Jun 04, 2017
If truly he misappropriated public fund, then judiciary is a joke
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 04, 2017
this country is so bleeped.
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by latissimusDorsi: 9:24am On Jun 04, 2017
OP did you just say division of students and staffs along religious line?

Get your facts right
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by KINGDOS: 9:45am On Jun 04, 2017
This was the glorified Institution led by HRM Tor Tiv, Prof Ayatse to an enviable place of one of the best universities in Nigeria, but somebody appointed some people to replace the then Fed Uni VCs and today here we are for this one. I weep for Naija, square pegs in round holes everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 04, 2017
Jumeeeeesal:
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by Tecno66: 9:56am On Jun 04, 2017
ige101:
Is He a Christian?
Looks like you dont know your country. Can a christian become a VC in core north like Katsina? If one is appointed, I guarantee that they will make the place ungovernable for him until he is thrown out or they send BH to go and finish him. Nigeria is finished. Only God can retrieve the nation from precipice.

4 Likes

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by Xbee007(m): 9:57am On Jun 04, 2017
The truth is this issue had little or nothing to do about religion but trust our newspapers, they will manipulate news to suit their taste.
The fight is between the Acting VC and the suspended VC, bought of whom are Muslims and Hausa.

7 Likes

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by jomoh: 10:11am On Jun 04, 2017
Na wa o
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by jamislaw(m): 10:34am On Jun 04, 2017
Tecno66:
Looks like you dont know your country. Can a christian become a VC in core north like Katsina? If one is appointed, I guarantee that they will make the place ungovernable for him until he is throne out or they send BH to go and finish him. Nigeria is finished. Only God can retrieve the nation from precipice.
the same thing as Muslim Prof. Can never be a V.C in south East.
I know your people will frustrat and kidnap all his family members until he resign.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by jayteetomoh(m): 10:45am On Jun 04, 2017
am a student of Fudma, this has nothing to do with religion..it's a battle btw the acting n the suspended VC

1 Like

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by Hadone(m): 10:48am On Jun 04, 2017
See comments
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by Aromas: 11:00am On Jun 04, 2017
jamislaw:
I know your people will frustrat and kidnap all his family members until he resign.

No mind the guy.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 04, 2017
this nation is beyond redemption
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by conductor3: 11:33am On Jun 04, 2017
jamislaw:
What is this one saying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by Tecno66: 11:42am On Jun 04, 2017
jamislaw:
I am not of SE extraction. But your rant comfirms what I have said. This nation is on the edge of a precipice. The people are dwelling more on those things that tear them apart than those things that unite them.
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by jamislaw(m): 11:44am On Jun 04, 2017
conductor3:

What is this ewedu moozlem saying?
FLATRON for your information am not Afonja.
Stop been sarcastic which i know is in your Igbo DNA.
Christain can never be a V.C in a core north university, the way Muslim can never be a V.C in your gully red brown south East.
Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by jamislaw(m): 12:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
Tecno66:
I am not of SE extraction. But your rant comfirms what I have said. This nation is on the edge of a precipice. The people are dwelling more on those things that tear them apart than those things that unite them.
when we talk about favouritism, nepotism and religion wise south Eastern​ are at the forefront.
They will never admit you to their university if you have Muslim name or you are a Muslim.
Come to a school like A.B.U, U.I, Unilag even Uni. Of portHarcourt they atleast follow the federal character.
Go to south East universities be it federal or state universities 98.8% of the students are from south.
They should stop crying like a baby if the same treatment is given to their people spreading all over Nigeria.
We Northerner knows the different between northern christains and southern christains.

3 Likes

Re: Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement by rumaabk(m): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
Tecno66:
Looks like you dont know your country. Can a christian become a VC in core north like Katsina? If one is appointed, I guarantee that they will make the place ungovernable for him until he is throne out or they send BH to go and finish him. Nigeria is finished. Only God can retrieve the nation from precipice.
The pioneer VC was a Christian from benue state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Good Are You? Rewrite This Sentece Lets See. / Why Do People Lie About Their Academic Pedigree / Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.