Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi (3329 Views)

''Baby Born In Bauchi With Quran And Bead In His Hand'' - Rariya (Photos) / Shi'a Worshipping Fire - Video / Shi'a Is The True Islam, Evidence From The Qur'an, Hadith's & History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by AlBaqir(m): 9:16am On Jun 04, 2017
THE WORD "SHI'A" IN THE QURAN

"Say: “He possesses the power to send you punishment from above your heads or from beneath your feet, or to confuse you into becoming shiya’ and make you taste one another’s violence.” Look how We vary the Signs so that hopefully they will understand." {[Quran 6:65]}

Shiya’ is the plural of shī’ah. It must be noted that shī’ah itself is a collective noun, and it means – within the religious context – “a group of adherents.”

So, shiya’ refers to several different religious groups. This is why it is often translated as “sects” in the above āyah.

There is another verse which actually proves that it indeed means that:

"As for those who divide up their religion and form into shiya’, you have nothing whatsoever to do with them. Their affair will go back to Allāh and then He will inform them about what they did."
{[Qur’ān 6:159]}

And this is a similar one:

"Those who divide up their religion, and form into shiya’, each faction exulting in what they have."{[Qur’ān 30:32]}

These verses prove that every single sect of Islām, or of any other religion, is a shī’ah. That is the name given to each by Allāh.

ADHERENTS OF EVERY RELIGION ARE SHI'AH

# Moreover, the adherents of every single religion are likewise a shī’ah:

"We sent Messengers before you among the shiya’ of previous peoples" {[Qur’ān 15:10]}

1. "And indeed, Ibrāhīm was one of his Shī’ah" {[Quran 37:83]}

Imām al-Ḥākim documents concerning this verse:

Abū Sa’īd Aḥmad b. Ya’qūb al-Thaqafī – al-Ḥasan b. al-Muthannā al‘Anbarī – Abū Ḥudhayfah – Shibl b. ‘Abbād – Ibn Abī Najīḥ – Mujāhid:

Concerning His Words, the Almighty, the Most Glorious: {And indeed, Ibrāhīm was one of his Shī’ah}, Ibn ‘Abbās, may Allāh be pleased with them both, said: “From the Shī’ah of Nūḥ, upon his religious principles and his Sunnah
."

Al-Ḥākim comments:

This ḥadīth is ṣaḥīḥ upon the standard of the two Shaykhs

And Imām al-Dhahabī agrees:
Upon (the standard of) al-Bukhārī and Muslim

Source: Abū ‘Abd Allāh Muḥammad b. ‘Abd Allāh al-Ḥākim al-Naysābūrī, al-Mustadrak ‘alā alṢaḥīḥayn (Beirut: Dār al-Kutub al-’Ilmiyyah; 1st edition, 1411 H) [annotator: Muṣtafā ‘Abd alQādir ‘Aṭā], vol. 2, p. 468, # 3612

2. "[One day] he entered the city at a time when its people dwelt in distraction. He found there two men fighting, this one from among his Shī’ah, and that one from his enemies. The one who was from his Shī’ah sought his help against him who was from his enemies. So Mūsā hit him with his fist, whereupon he expired. He said, ‘This is of Satan’s doing. Indeed he is an enemy, manifestly misguiding.’
{[Qur’ān 28:15]}

Imām al-Nasafī (d. 710 H) gives this exegesis of this āyah:

{He found there two men fighting, this one from among his Shī’ah} from those who followed him in his religion from Banū Isrāīl

Source: Abū al-Barakāt ‘Abd Allāh b. Aḥmad b. Maḥmūd al-Nasafī, Madārik al-Tanzīl wa Ḥaqāiq al-Tawīl (Beirut: Dār al-Kalam al-Ṭayyib; 1st edition, 1419 H) [annotator: Yūsuf ‘Alī Badyawī], vol. 2, p. 633
Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by AlBaqir(m): 9:17am On Jun 04, 2017
ALI IBN ABI TALIB AND HIS SHI'AH IN SUNNI NARRATIONS

1. Report of 'Ali ibn Abi Talib

# Imam Ibn Asakir documents:

Abū al-Ḥasan b. Qubays and Abū Manṣūr b. Zurayq – Abū Bakr alKhaṭīb – al-Ḥasan b. Abī Ṭālib – Aḥmad b. Ibrāhīm – Ṣāliḥ b. Aḥmad b. Yūnus al-Bazzāz – ‘Iṣām b. al-Ḥakam al-‘Ikbarī – Jamī’ b. ‘Umar al-Baṣrī – Sawār – Muḥammad b. Jaḥādah – al-Sha’bī – ‘Alī:

The Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, said to me: “You and your Shī’ah will be in Paradise.”

Source: Abū al-Qāsim ‘Alī b. al-Ḥasan b. Habat Allāh: Ibn ‘Asākir, Tārīkh Dimashq (Dār al-Fikr; 1415 H) [annotator: ‘Amr b. Gharāmah al-‘Amrawī], vol. 42, pp. 331-332

# Imam Ibn Asakir also records:

Abu al-‘Ala Sa’id b. Abi al-Faḍl b. Abi ‘Uthman al-Malini – Abu Muhammad ‘Abd Allah b. Abi Bakr b. Ahmad al-Saqti – Abu al-Faḍl Muhammad b. Ahmad b. Muhammad b. al-Jarud al-Hafiz – Abu Muhammad b. Ja’far b. Muhammad b. Ahmad b. Muhammad, better known as Ibn al-Matim the Scribe – Abu Muhammad al-Qasim b. Ja’far b. Muhammad b. ‘Abd Allah b. Muhammad b. ‘Umar b. ‘Ali b. Abi Talib – my father Ja’far b. Muhammad – his father Muhammad b. ‘Abd Allah – ‘Abu ‘Abd Allah Ja’far b. Muhammad al-Sadiq – Muhammad b. ‘Ali al-Baqir – his father ‘Ali b. al-Husayn – his father al-Husayn b. ‘Ali – his father, Amir al-Muminin ‘Ali b. Abi Talib:

… The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said, “O ‘Ali! They are the believers in your wilayah and your Shi’ah and lovers. They love you on account of their love for me, and they love me on account of their love for Allah. They will be the successful ones on the Day of al-Qiyamah.”

Source: Abū al-Qāsim ‘Alī b. al-Ḥasan b. Habat Allāh: Ibn ‘Asākir, Tārīkh Dimashq (Dār al-Fikr; 1415 H) [annotator: ‘Amr b. Gharāmah al-‘Amrawī], vol. 42, p. 332

# Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal too records:

Muhammad b. Yunus – ‘Ubayd Allah b. ‘Aishah – Isma’il b. ‘Amr – ‘Umar b. Musa – ‘ Zayd b. ‘Ali b. Husayn – his father – his grandfather – ‘Ali b. Abi Talib:

I complained to the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, about the animosity of the people towards me. He said, “Are you not pleased that you are one of the first four people to enter Paradise: I, you, al-Hasan and al-Husayn, and our wives will be at our right and left sides, and our descendants will be behind our wives, and our Shi’ah will be behind us (all)?”

Source: Abū ‘Abd Allāh Aḥmad b. Ḥanbal, Kitāb Faḍāil al-Ṣaḥābah (Jeddah: Dār al-‘Ilm li al-Ṭabā’ah wa al-Nashr; 1st edition, 1403 H) [annotator: Waṣiyyullāh b. Muḥammad ‘Abbās], vol. 2, p. 624, # 1068

2. Report of Fatima:

Imām al-Ajurrī (d. 360 H) reports:

Abū Ja’far Muḥammad b. al-Ḥasan al-Kūfī al-Ashnānī – Ismā’īl b. Isḥāq b. Rāshid – Yaḥyā b. Sālim – Ziyād b. al-Mundhir – Abū al-Jaḥḥāf – ‘Umar b. ‘Alī b. al-Ḥusayn – Zaynab bint ‘Alī – Fāṭimah, may Allāh be pleased with her, the daughter of Muḥammad, peace be upon him:

‘Alī, may Allāh be pleased with him, came to the Messenger of Allāh, while the latter was sitting. Then, he said, “Have glad tidings. Verily, you and your Shī’ah will be in Paradise. Surely, you and your Shī’ah will be in Paradise.”

Source: Abū Bakr Muḥammad b. al-Ḥusayn al-Ajurrī, al-Sharī’ah (Muasassat Qurṭubah; 1st edition, 1417 H) [annotators: ‘Abd al-Qādir al-Arnāūṭ and Dr. ‘Āṣim b. ‘Abd Allāh al-Qaryūtī], vol. 3, p. 556, # 2060

3. Report of al-Ḥusayn b. ‘Alī

Imām al-Muwaffiq al-Khawārazmī al-Ḥanafī (d. 568 H):

Imām al-Ḥāfiẓ Ṣadr al-Ḥuffāẓ Abū al-‘Alā al-Ḥasan b. Aḥmad al-‘Aṭṭār and the great Imām, Najm al-Dīn Abū Manṣūr Muḥammad b. al-Ḥusayn b. Muḥammad al-Baghdādī – the great honourable one, Imām Nūr alHudā Abū Ṭālib al-Ḥusayn b. Muḥammad b. ‘Alī al-Zaynabī – Imām Muḥammad b. Aḥmad b. [‘Alī b. al-Ḥasan b.] Shadhān – Aḥmad b. Muḥammad b. Sulaymān – Ja’far b. Muḥammad – Ya’qūb b. Yazīd – Ṣafwān b. Yaḥyā – Dāwud b. al-Ḥusayn – ‘Umar b. Uzaynah – Ja’far b. Muḥammad – his father – ‘Alī b. al-Ḥusayn – his father (al-Ḥusayn b. ‘Alī):

The Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him and his family, said: “O ‘Alī! Your similitude in my Ummah is the similitude of al-Masīḥ ‘Īsā b. Maryam. His people were divided into three groups: the group of the mūminūn, and they were the Ḥawāriyūn; and the group of his enemies, and they were the Jews; and the group of those who exaggerated concerning him and thereby left īmān. Verily, my Ummah will soon be divided, concerning you, into three groups: the group of your Shī’ah, and they are the mūminūn; and the group of your enemies, and they are the oath-breakers; and the group of those who will exaggerate concerning you, and they are the foremost disbelievers. So, you, O ‘Alī, and your Shī’ah will be in Paradise. The lovers of your Shī’ah will also be in Paradise. And your enemies and those who exaggerate about you will be in Hellfire."

Source: Al-Muwaffiq b. Aḥmad b. Muḥammad al-Makkī al-Khawārazmī, al-Manāqib (Qum: Muasassat al-Nashr al-Islāmī; 2nd edition, 1411 H) [annotator: Shaykh Mālik Maḥmūdī], p. 317, # 318

4. Report of Umm Salamah

# Imam al-Tabarani documents:

Muḥammad b. Ja’far – al-Faḍl b. Ghānim – Sawār b. Muṣ’ab – ‘Aṭiyyah al-‘Awfī – Abū Sa’īd al-Khudrī – Umm Salamah:

It was my night, and the Prophet, peace be upon him, was with me. Then, Fāṭimah came to him. But, ‘Alī had earlier came. So, the Prophet, peace be upon him, said to him, “O ‘Alī, you and your companions will be in Paradise. You and your Shī’ah will be in Paradise."

Source: Abū al-Qāsim Sulaymān b. Aḥmad al-Ṭabarānī, al-Mu’jam al-Awsat (Cairo: Dār al-Ḥaramayn; 1415 H) [annotators: Abū Mu’ādh Ṭāriq b. ‘Awaḍ Allāh b. Muḥammad and ‘Abd al-Muḥsin b. Ibrāhīm al-Ḥusaynī], vol. 6, pp. 354-355, # 6605

# Imam Ahmad gives similar report:

Ibrāhīm b. Sharīk – ‘Uqbah b. Mukram al-Ḍabī – Yūnus b. Bukayr – alSawār b. Muṣ’ab – Abū al-Jahhāf – Abū Mukram ‘Uqbah – Muḥammad b. ‘Amr – Fāṭimah al-Kubrā – Umm Salamah:

The Prophet, peace be upon him, was with me on my night when Fāṭimah and ‘Alī visited him. So, the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, said, “O ‘Alī, be happy, because you and your companions and your Shī’ah will be in Paradise"

Source: Abū ‘Abd Allāh Aḥmad b. Ḥanbal, Kitāb Faḍāil al-Ṣaḥābah (Jeddah: Dār al-‘Ilm li al-Ṭabā’ah wa al-Nashr; 1st edition, 1403 H) [annotator: Waṣiyyullāh b. Muḥammad ‘Abbās], vol. 2, p. 654, # 1115
Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by AlBaqir(m): 9:20am On Jun 04, 2017
6. Report of Abū Rāfi’

Al-Ṭabarānī reports:

Aḥmad b. al-‘Abbās al-Mirrī al-Qanṭarī – Ḥarb b. al-Ḥasan al-Ṭaḥān – Yaḥyā b. Ya’lā – Muḥammad b. ‘Ubayd Allāh b. Abī Rāfi’ – his father (‘Ubayd Allāh) – his grandfather (Abū Rāfi’):

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said to ‘Alī: “You and your Shī’ah will meet me at the Lake-Fount. You will be given water, and your faces will be bright. As for your enemies, they will meet me, thirsty, evil-looking

Source: Abū al-Qāsim Sulaymān b. Aḥmad al-Ṭabarānī, al-Mu’jam al-Kabīr (Cairo: Maktabat Ibn Taymiyyah; 2nd edition) [annotator: Ḥamdī b. ‘Abd al-Majīd al-Salafī], vol. 1, p. 319, # 948

7. Report of Ibn ‘Abbās

Al-Ḥāfiẓ Ibn Maghāzilī (d. 483 H):

Abū Ṭālib Muḥammad b. Aḥmad b. ‘Uthmān b. al-Faraj b. al-Azhar alṢayrafī al-Baghdādī – Abū Bakr Muḥammad b. al-Ḥasan b. Sulaymān – ‘Abd Allāh b. Muḥammad b. ‘Abd Allāh al-‘Ikbarī – Abū al-Qāsim ‘Abd Allāh b. ‘Atāb al-‘Abdī – ‘Umar b. Shabah b. ‘Ubaydah al-Numayrī – alMadāinī: Muḥammad b. al-Ḥasan – ‘Abd Allāh b. Muḥammad b. ‘Abd Allāh al‘Ikbarī – ‘Abd Allāh b. ‘Atāb b. Muḥammad – al-Ḥasan b. ‘Arafat – Abū Mu’āwiyah – al-A’mash: Muḥammad b. al-Ḥasan – ‘Abd Allāh b. Muḥammad b. ‘Abd Allāh al‘Ikbarī - ‘Abd Allāh b. ‘Atāb b. Muḥammad al-‘Abdī – Aḥmad b. ‘Alī al‘Amī – Ibrāhīm b. al-Ḥakam – Sulaymān b. Sālim – al-A’mash: Abū Ja’far al-Manṣūr – my father (Muḥammad) – my grandfather (‘Alī) – his father (‘Abd Allāh b. ‘Abbās):

We were with the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him … and the Prophet, peace be upon him, said …: “O Fāṭimah! Verily, ‘Alī and his Shī’ah will be the successful ones tomorrow."

Source: Abū al-Ḥasan ‘Alī b. Muḥammad al-Wāsiṭī: Ibn al-Maghāzilī, Manāqib Amīr al-Mūminīn ‘Alī b. Abī Ṭālib (Sana: Dār al-Āthār; 1st edition, 1424 H) [annotator: Abū ‘Abd al-Raḥman Turkī b. ‘Abd Allāh al-Wādi’ī], pp. 197-204, # 188

8. Reports of Abd al-Rahman ibn Awf

Ibn Asakir:

Abū al-Qāsim b. al-Samarqandī – Ismā’īl b. Mas’adah – Ḥamzah b. Yūsuf – Abū Aḥmad b. ‘Adī – ‘Umar b. Sinān – al-Ḥasan b. ‘Alī Abū ‘Abd alGhanī al-Azdī – ‘Abd al-Razzāq – his father – Maynā b. Abī Maynā, freed slave of ‘Abd al-Raḥman b. ‘Awf – ‘Abd al-Raḥman b. ‘Awf:

Would you not ask me before the aḥādīth become corrupted with fabrications. The Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, said: “I am the Tree and Fāṭimah is its root or branch. ‘Alī is its flower, and al-Ḥasan and al-Ḥusayn are its fruits, and our Shī’ah are its leaves. The root of the Tree is in Paradise of Eden, and the root, the branch, the flower, the leaves and the fruits will (all) be in Paradise."

Source: Abū al-Qāsim ‘Alī b. al-Ḥasan b. Habat Allāh: Ibn ‘Asākir, Tārīkh Dimashq (Dār al-Fikr; 1415 H) [annotator: ‘Amr b. Gharāmah al-‘Amrawī], vol. 14, p. 168

9. Report of Abū Hurayrah

Al-Ṭabarānī reports:

Muḥammad b. Mūsā – al-Ḥasan b. Kathīr – Salamī b. ‘Uqbah al-Ḥanafī al-Yamāmī – ‘Ikrimah b. ‘Ammār – Yaḥyā b. Abī Kathīr – Abū Salamah – Abū Hurayrah:

‘Alī b. Abī Ṭālib said, “O Messenger of Allāh! Who is more beloved to you: I or Fāṭimah?” He said, “Fāṭimah is more beloved to me than you. But, you are more honourable to me than her. It is as though I will be with you, and you will be at my Lake-Fount, chasing people away from it. Upon it are pitchers, similar in number to that of the stars in the sky. I, you, al-Ḥasan, al-Ḥusayn, Fāṭimah, ‘Aqīl and Ja’far will be brothers in Paradise, on thrones facing each another. You and your Shī’ah will be with me in Paradise.” Then, the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, recited: “{(they will be) brothers on thrones facing each other} [Qur’ān 15:47]. None of them will look at the back of the other."

Source: Abū al-Qāsim Sulaymān b. Aḥmad al-Ṭabarānī, al-Mu’jam al-Awsat (Cairo: Dār al-Ḥaramayn; 1415 H) [annotators: Abū Mu’ādh Ṭāriq b. ‘Awaḍ Allāh b. Muḥammad and ‘Abd al-Muḥsin b. Ibrāhīm al-Ḥusaynī], vol. 7, p. 343, # 7675.

10. Report of Ibn ‘Umar

Imam al-Tha’labī (d. 467 H) documents:

Al-Ḥusayn b. Muḥammad – Abū Ḥudhayfah Aḥmad b. Muḥammad b. ‘Alī – Zakariyyā b. Yaḥyā b. Ya’qūb al-Maqdisī – my father – Abū al‘Awwām Aḥmad b. Yazīd al-Dībājī – al-Madanī – Zayd – Ibn ‘Umar:

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said to ‘Alī: “O ‘Alī! You will be in Paradise, and your Shī’ah (too) will be in Paradise."

Source: Abū Isḥāq Aḥmad b. Muḥammad b. Ibrāhīm al-Tha’labī al-Naysābūrī, al-Kashf wa al-Bayān (Beirut: Dār Iḥyā al-Turāth al-‘Arabī; 1st edition, 1422 H) [annotators: Imām Abū Muḥammad b. ‘Āshūr and Prof. Naẓīr al-Sā’idī], vol. 9, p. 67
Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by AlBaqir(m): 9:22am On Jun 04, 2017
To be continue in sha Allah
Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by tintingz(m): 10:17am On Jun 04, 2017
Allahu Akbar, Shia are the right sect before Allah.

Interesting. cheesy cool

3 Likes

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by AlBaqir(m): 10:44am On Jun 04, 2017
tintingz:
Allahu Akbar, Shia are the right sect before Allah.

Interesting. cheesy cool

# Who is Shia?

I believe you have read this hadith before:

"The Ummah will be separated in 73 sects, of which 72 will go to Hell, and 1 will go to Heaven.”

The hadith is found common in both the books of the Shia (Refer to al-Kafi, Volume 8, Hadith #283, with a Hassan
(Good) chain according to al-Majlisi) and the Sunni (Refer to ibn Majah, Tirmidhi and Abu Dawood with Hasan/Sahih (Good/Authentic) chains).

Furthermore, the Shia’s version of the hadiths go on to further claim that of the 73 sects, only 13 will be Shia
(i.e. follow the wilayah). 12 of those Shia sects would be in the fire and only one would be in Paradise, and the remaining 12 + 60 (72) would be in the hell-fire.

# So, you can clearly see I am not interested in proving " Shi'a " to be "the right sect before Allah". Rather my intention is to expose the false propaganda of " Shia's enemies" claiming that even the name "Shi'a" is a Bid'ah not to mention of being a shia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by tintingz(m): 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
^^^Albaqir, Ok, understood.

Did the ummah during Ali, Abu bakr, Umar, Uthman call themselves "Shia"? Would like to know.

2 Likes

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by AlBaqir(m): 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2017
tintingz:
^^^Albaqir, Ok, understood.

Did the ummah during Ali, Abu bakr, Umar, Uthman call themselves "Shia"? Would like to know.

# At least you could see the Prophet himself used the word in connection with Ali.

# And to your question in particular, Yes. After the death of Uthman when Aisha, Talha and Zubair waged war against Ali in the name of avenging the blood of Uthman. Those baghi named their group shi'at Uthman (supporter of Uthman), while they refer to Ali's group as shi'at Ali.

# During the time of Abu Bakar, the name was not used per se but understood in principle. In Sahih Bukhari, Umar was quoted to have said, "some factions supported Ali". And that was true though they did not use the word but they were known.

# At the time of Umar? No civil war or outward internal crisis among the Muslims. Umar gave no room for such.
Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by tintingz(m): 10:32am On Jun 05, 2017
AlBaqir:

# At least you could see the Prophet himself used the word in connection with Ali.

# And to your question in particular, Yes. After the death of Uthman when Aisha, Talha and Zubair waged war against Ali in the name of avenging the blood of Uthman. Those baghi named their group shi'at Uthman (supporter of Uthman), while they refer to Ali's group as shi'at Ali.

# During the time of Abu Bakar, the name was not used per se but understood in principle. In Sahih Bukhari, Umar was quoted to have said, "some factions supported Ali". And that was true though they did not use the word but they were known.

# At the time of Umar? No civil war or outward internal crisis among the Muslims. Umar gave no room for such.
So in a nutshell, Shia means sect/group of a doctrine/follower or group of Muslims as a whole? Kindly clarify.
Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by AlBaqir(m): 11:23am On Jun 05, 2017
tintingz:
So in a nutshell, Shia means sect/group of a doctrine/follower or group of Muslims as a whole? Kindly clarify.

# One of Sunni heavyweight Imam, Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalani (d. 852H) gives this following definitions:

"Shi'ism is love of 'Ali and the placing of him over the sahabah (except Abu Bakr and 'Umar only). Whoever places him above Abu Bakr and 'Umar, such is an extremist in his Shi'ism, and he is called a Rafidi. If he does not (place 'Ali over Abu Bakr and Umar), then he is only a Shi'i. If he added to that (i.e preference of 'Ali over Abu Bakr and 'Umar) abuse, cursing or open hatred (of Abu Bakr and 'Umar), he is then an extreme in Rafd. If he believes in Raj'ah into this world, then he is severe in (Rafidi) extremism."

Source: Hadi al-Sari Muqaddimah Fath al-Bari, page 460}

# Imam al-Dhahabi (d. 748H), another Sunni heavyweight add more fuel:

"Bid'ah has two types:
The minor Bid'ah: like extreme Shi'ism, or like moderate Shi'ism for this was widespread among the Tabi'in and their followers, despite their devotion, piety and truthfulness. If the ahadith of these people were rejected, part of teachings of the Prophet would be lost, and that would be a clear evil.

Then the major bid'ah: like complete rafd and extremism in it."

This 'weird definition' produced a kind of horrible unintended consequences. Going by this Sunni scary definitions, there were prominent Sahaba that matched the description.

For example, Imam Ibn 'Abd al-Barr (d. 463H) identifies some of these Rafidi Sahabah:

"Salman, Abu Dharr, al-Miqdad, Khabab, Jabir, Abu Sa'id al-Khudri and Zayd b. Arqam narrated that 'Ali b. Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him, was the first to accept Islam, and they considered him the most superior (among the Sahabah)."

Source: Al-Isti'ab fi Ma'rifat al-Ashab, vol. 3, p. 1090, # 1855}

These Sahaba considered 'Ali as Superior to Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman! This makes, according to Sunni's definition, their Bid'ah of Major type, and of complete Rafidis.

Another prominent Sahabi was Abu al-Tufayl (RA). Imam al-Dhahabi writes about him:

"The name of Abu al-Tufayl was 'Amir b. Wathilah b. 'Abd Allah b. 'Amr al-Laythi al-Kanani al-Hijazi, the Shi'i. He was from the Shi'ah of Imam 'Ali."

Source: Siyar A'lam al-Nubala, vol. 3, p. 468, #97

Imam Ibn 'Abd al-Barr adds:

"He was a Shi'i of 'Ali and considered him the most superior. He used to extol the two Shayks, Abu Bakr and 'Umar, and would ask for Allah's mercy upon 'Uthman."

Source: Al-Isti'ab fi Ma'rifat al-Ashab, vol. 4, p. 1697, #3054}

# Al-Hafiz explains the words of Ibn 'Abd al-Barr above:

"Abu 'Umar said: He accepted the merit of Abu Bakr and Umar but he considered 'Ali to be the most superior."

Source: Al-Isabah fi Tamyiz al-sahabah, vol. 7, p. 193, #10166

This is the implication of Sunni's definition and description of Shi'a. I hope Sunni Imams can live with these consequence while many Sahaba fit perfectly the description and unintentionally condemned as Rafid for giving 'Ali superiority over others.

# So, in a nutshell shiism is the love and preference of Ahl al-bayt above all just like Allah love and preferred the Ahl Ibrahim over all.
Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by Demmzy15(m): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by tintingz(m): 1:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
AlBaqir:

# One of Sunni heavyweight Imam, Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalani (d. 852H) gives this following definitions:

"Shi'ism is love of 'Ali and the placing of him over the sahabah (except Abu Bakr and 'Umar only). Whoever places him above Abu Bakr and 'Umar, such is an extremist in his Shi'ism, and he is called a Rafidi. If he does not (place 'Ali over Abu Bakr and Umar), then he is only a Shi'i. If he added to that (i.e preference of 'Ali over Abu Bakr and 'Umar) abuse, cursing or open hatred (of Abu Bakr and 'Umar), he is then an extreme in Rafd. If he believes in Raj'ah into this world, then he is severe in (Rafidi) extremism."

Source: Hadi al-Sari Muqaddimah Fath al-Bari, page 460}

# Imam al-Dhahabi (d. 748H), another Sunni heavyweight add more fuel:

"Bid'ah has two types:
The minor Bid'ah: like extreme Shi'ism, or like moderate Shi'ism for this was widespread among the Tabi'in and their followers, despite their devotion, piety and truthfulness. If the ahadith of these people were rejected, part of teachings of the Prophet would be lost, and that would be a clear evil.

Then the major bid'ah: like complete rafd and extremism in it."

This 'weird definition' produced a kind of horrible unintended consequences. Going by this Sunni scary definitions, there were prominent Sahaba that matched the description.

For example, Imam Ibn 'Abd al-Barr (d. 463H) identifies some of these Rafidi Sahabah:

"Salman, Abu Dharr, al-Miqdad, Khabab, Jabir, Abu Sa'id al-Khudri and Zayd b. Arqam narrated that 'Ali b. Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him, was the first to accept Islam, and they considered him the most superior (among the Sahabah)."

Source: Al-Isti'ab fi Ma'rifat al-Ashab, vol. 3, p. 1090, # 1855}

These Sahaba considered 'Ali as Superior to Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman! This makes, according to Sunni's definition, their Bid'ah of Major type, and of complete Rafidis.

Another prominent Sahabi was Abu al-Tufayl (RA). Imam al-Dhahabi writes about him:

"The name of Abu al-Tufayl was 'Amir b. Wathilah b. 'Abd Allah b. 'Amr al-Laythi al-Kanani al-Hijazi, the Shi'i. He was from the Shi'ah of Imam 'Ali."

Source: Siyar A'lam al-Nubala, vol. 3, p. 468, #97

Imam Ibn 'Abd al-Barr adds:

"He was a Shi'i of 'Ali and considered him the most superior. He used to extol the two Shayks, Abu Bakr and 'Umar, and would ask for Allah's mercy upon 'Uthman."

Source: Al-Isti'ab fi Ma'rifat al-Ashab, vol. 4, p. 1697, #3054}

# Al-Hafiz explains the words of Ibn 'Abd al-Barr above:

"Abu 'Umar said: He accepted the merit of Abu Bakr and Umar but he considered 'Ali to be the most superior."

Source: Al-Isabah fi Tamyiz al-sahabah, vol. 7, p. 193, #10166

This is the implication of Sunni's definition and description of Shi'a. I hope Sunni Imams can live with these consequence while many Sahaba fit perfectly the description and unintentionally condemned as Rafid for giving 'Ali superiority over others.

# So, in a nutshell shiism is the love and preference of Ahl al-bayt above all just like Allah love and preferred the Ahl Ibrahim over all.
Thanks for clarification.

2 Likes

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by Newnas(m): 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
Even you know that what you have written is against you not for you.

No one ever contested the right to name oneself shia or not. The scholars have always said that لا مشاحة في الاصطلاح. There is no quarrel regarding terms. So far those terms do not contradict verses of the Quran and sunnah.

However, the real issue is what is the term used for. So they say العبرة بالحقائق لا بالأسماء. Cognisance is given to the reality not to names. And they say الأسماء لا تغير الحقيقة. Names don't change the reality.

So, if you call yourself a shia of Ali we say okay, what next is to ask for your methodology of practicing Islam, sadly we see that you just made the name a camouflage. In reality you're the shia of Shaitan calling to hell.

You hate those whom Ali loved enough to give his daughter in marriage to, you hate those whom even the Messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam loved to the extent that he gave some of them his daughters and even married the daughters of others. SubhanaLLaah.

All these long posts are just a shenanigan to deceive the innocent Muslims.

May Allah forgive my shortcomings and guide your heart to repentance before death. If not, you will be more than shocked when Ali declares his freedom from your misguidance.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by AlBaqir(m): 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2017
Newnas:
Even you know that what you have written is against you not for you.

No one ever contested the right to name oneself shia or not. The scholars have always said that لا مشاحة في الاصطلاح. There is no quarrel regarding terms. So far those terms do not contradict verses of the Quran and sunnah.

However, the real issue is what is the term used for. So they say العبرة بالحقائق لا بالأسماء. Cognisance is given to the reality not to names. And they say الأسماء لا تغير الحقيقة. Names don't change the reality.

So, if you call yourself a shia of Ali we say okay, what next is to ask for your methodology of practicing Islam, sadly we see that you just made the name a camouflage. In reality you're the shia of Shaitan calling to hell.

You hate those whom Ali loved enough to give his daughter in marriage to, you hate those whom even the Messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam loved to the extent that he gave some of them his daughters and even married the daughters of others. SubhanaLLaah.

All these long posts are just a shenanigan to deceive the innocent Muslims.

May Allah forgive my shortcomings and guide your heart to repentance before death. If not, you will be more than shocked when Ali declares his freedom from your misguidance.

# First, the best of your sheiks, Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani had given a definition for shia and Rafidha. You don't need to extend it further. And it seems you have dropped all your charges against the Shi'a and restrict it to:
Newnas:

You hate those whom Ali loved enough to give his daughter in marriage to, you hate those whom even the Messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam loved to the extent that he gave some of them his daughters and even married the daughters of others.

# Anyway, there is a thread already on that on NL:
Imam Ali 'named' His Sons Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman? Wed His Daughter To Umar?
www.nairaland.com/1540743/imam-ali-named-sons-abu

You don't need to derail this thread off its topic and contents so far. Go to the appropriate thread to register your grievances.

What next do you have in the kitty?
Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by Demmzy15(m): 12:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
This Baqir guy ehn ^^^^ See how he's slapping his face and chest!!! grin grin For him mind now, he's a Shi'a of Ali. Wallahi that's a lie, Ali is free from you just as Isa is free from the Christians!

6 Likes

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by Newnas(m): 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
Demmzy15:
This Baqir guy ehn ^^^^ See how he's slapping his face and chest!!! grin ;DFor him mind now, he's a Shi'a of Ali. Wallahi that's a lie, Ali is free from you just as Isa is free from the Christians!

And the man even makes me laugh.

Look at what he said for instance:

And it seems you have dropped all your charges against the Shi'a and restrict it to...

The deviations and disbeliefs of the shia are far beyond that.

They accuse Allah of ignorance, they say Jibril made mistake of giving prophethood to Muhammad instead of Ali, They raise Ali to level of divinity, they say Quran is distorted and sunnah was passed by infidels etc

The misguidances of the shia are far beyond listing.
whatever I write regarding shia on this forum is just residual knowledge, I don't make any extra research to nullify your misguidances.

The only thread that I did a kind of library work before writing was a big shut up for you, I mentioned you several times on the thread to show up but you didn't.

In summary, the weakness of the shia religion is just too obvious that I won't stress myself before refuting it. Little wonder you boringly long texts to make a flimsy point. And I don't spend more that two or three paragraphs to clarify all your crap.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by Demmzy15(m): 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
Newnas:

And the man even makes me laugh.

Look at what he said for instance:

They accuse Allah of ignorance, they say Jibril made mistake of giving prophethood to Muhammad instead of Ali, They raise Ali to level of divinity, they say Quran is distorted and sunnah was passed by infidels etc

The misguidances of the shia are far beyond listing.
whatever I write regarding shia on this forum is just residual knowledge, I don't make any extra research to nullify your misguidances.

The only thread that I did a kind of library work before writing was a big shut up for you, I mentioned you several times on the thread to show up but you didn't.

In summary, the weakness of the shia religion is just too obvious that I won't stress myself before refuting it. Little wonder you boringly long texts to make a flimsy point. And I don't spend more that two or three paragraphs to clarify all your crap.
Jazaka Allaah Kayran Ya Akhi, please what thread is that lemme read through!

1 Like

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by Newnas(m): 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
Demmzy15:
Jazaka Allaah Kayran Ya Akhi, please what thread is that lemme read through!

See his excuse for fleeing on this thread, very funny. The guy should get a job at the circus or casino or with basktmoth
https://www.nairaland.com/3050116/shia-sunni-disparity-real-bone-contention

This one directly
https://www.nairaland.com/3015474/nail-shia-coffin-must-read

https://www.nairaland.com/3279727/quick-overview-part-2

https://www.nairaland.com/3278796/quick-overview

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2017
Shia are so filthy ,. They are kafir. They are lairs
Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by AlBaqir(m): 6:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
Newnas:

# When I accused you on the other end of desperation, it might sound weird. Here's another testification.

# Officially, wahabi-salafi doesn't use the above propaganda any longer. It has expired. Only dull head like you will continue with it. But really it no longer work. Even your BOKO HARAM brother AhluSunnah will testify that his Master Jabata denied shia are the one's making such allegations (in his Q&A session on the topic, Aqeedat shia).

# O boy, you just dey fall these days. Your lies was also uncovered on thread outside Islam section. grin So much desperation.

1 Like

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by Alennsar(f): 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2017
AlBaqir:

# When I accused you on the other end of desperation, it might sound weird. Here's another testification.

# Officially, wahabi-salafi doesn't use the above propaganda any longer. It has expired. Only dull head like you will continue with it. But really it no longer work. Even your BOKO HARAM brother AhluSunnah will testify that his Master Jabata denied shia are the one's making such allegations (in his Q&A session on the topic, Aqeedat shia).

# O boy, you just dey fall these days. Your lies was also uncovered on thread outside Islam section. grin So much desperation.

lie lie Lai Muhammed. mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by Newnas(m): 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
AlBaqir:

Very strange how you say nonsense and still boast and beat chest shamelessly about it.

Allahul musta'an.

1 Like

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by vedaxcool(m): 6:07am On Jun 11, 2017

"As for those who divide up their religion and form into shiya’, you have nothing whatsoever to do with them. Their affair will go back to Allāh and then He will inform them about what they did."
{[Qur’ān 6:159]}

And this is a similar one:

"Those who divide up their religion, and form into shiya’, each faction exulting in what they have."{[Qur’ān 30:32]}

How a persons quotes a verse that denouces sectarianism and puts the word shia as people who have nothing to do with the prophet pbuh becomes a justification to propagate sects in Islam beats me. This shows how the path you have taken is leading you to nowhere how it has deafen you to reason and your own words are here as evidence.

When Allah says you shouldn't be sects your brain should clearly tell you it means you shouldn't break into sects. The only thing you have to offer is division and now open rebellion to words of Allah. When the Qur’ān denouces adultery it simply means do not do it not a justification for the existence of adultery. I pray Allah shows you mercy and soften your heart for this level of dishonesty will lead to perdition.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by ShiaMuslim: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2017
vedaxcool:

How a persons quotes a verse that denouces sectarianism and puts the word shia as people who have nothing to do with the prophet pbuh becomes a justification to propagate sects in Islam beats me. This shows how the path you have taken is leading you to nowhere how it has deafen you to reason and your own words are here as evidence.

When Allah says you shouldn't be sects your brain should clearly tell you it means you shouldn't break into sects. The only thing you have to offer is division and now open rebellion to words of Allah. When the Qur’ān denouces adultery it simply means do not do it not a justification for the existence of adultery. I pray Allah shows you mercy and soften your heart for this level of dishonesty will lead to perdition.

"And most surely Abraham was among the Shi'a of him (i.e., Noah)”

(Holy Qur'an 37:83)

PLEASE EXPLAIN THE ABOVE VERSE!!!

it looks like taraweeh has made your brain to fly away!!! cheesy you only read and memorize the Quran to recite it like parrots during taraweeh without understanding. the same way on the verses that speak about killing and fighting the unbelievers. you guys have taken them out of context and use them out of context regardless of time, place and people. you abuse the verses to commit terror.

based on the verse that Ibrahim was of the Shia of Noah (as), it comes to our knowledge that the word Shia has a neutral, a positive, and a negative definition like other words. it all depends of whose "Shia" you are. obviously if you are of the Shia of Noah (as), or in our case as many hadiths support our stance and we are the "Shia of Ali", then it is approved by Allah (swt).

Imam Ali (as) is the one whom the Prophet (s) refer to in Sahih al Tirmidhi as the "master of EVERY believer AFTER me".

so being part of the Shia of Ali (as) is the essence of Islam.

the same Ali (as) who for whom the Declaration of Ghadir Khumm was made and then the religion of Islam was proclaimed to have been completed with that declaration.

read to learn and not to be a parrot. wink
Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by vedaxcool(m): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
ShiaMuslim:

"And most surely Abraham was among the Shi'a of him (i.e., Noah)”

(Holy Qur'an 37:83)

PLEASE EXPLAIN THE ABOVE VERSE!!!

it looks like taraweeh has made your brain to fly away!!! cheesy you only read and memorize the Quran to recite it like parrots during taraweeh without understanding. the same way on the verses that speak about killing and fighting the unbelievers. you guys have taken them out of context and use them out of context regardless of time, place and people. you abuse the verses to commit terror.

based on the verse that Ibrahim was of the Shia of Noah (as), it comes to our knowledge that the word Shia has a neutral, a positive, and a negative definition like other words. it all depends of whose "Shia" you are. obviously if you are of the Shia of Noah (as), or in our case as many hadiths support our stance and we are the "Shia of Ali", then it is approved by Allah (swt).

Imam Ali (as) is the one whom the Prophet (s) refer to in Sahih al Tirmidhi as the "master of EVERY believer AFTER me".

so being part of the Shia of Ali (as) is the essence of Islam.

the same Ali (as) who for whom the Declaration of Ghadir Khumm was made and then the religion of Islam was proclaimed to have been completed with that declaration.

read to learn and not to be a parrot. wink

Just look at yourself, the verse is self explanatory anabi Noah and anabi Abraham both testified that Allah is one and followed the same monotheistic path. When Allah used the word shia in reference to Muslims during the time of the Prophet pbuh and subsequently it was to warn them not to break into sects it was in the negative sense which you have pervsed to mean an endorsement of sectarianism. It doesn't make sense interpreting a verse that denouces sectarianism to meann it endorses when that verse is literally speaking to Muslims of today and the prophet pbuh time.

As for ghadir Khumm I have dealth on that topic extensively with Lagosshia when he had to abandon ship and flee because he couldn't sustain the illogical point it is rooted in.

https://www.nairaland.com/801527/what-eid-al-ghadir

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by ShiaMuslim: 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
Please read the below and know which was the party that swayed from the truth and broke the religion into sects. Find out who labeled you "Sunni". Who gave you the name! Find out that in reality we the Shia are the true "Sunnis" (followers of the Sunnah of the Prophet) while you're only "Sunni" by name to divide the religion and discriminate.

Why It Is Bid'ah, Forbidden And Sinful To Be "Sunni"

https://www.nairaland.com/1001212/why-it-bidah-forbidden-sinful
Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by vedaxcool(m): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
ShiaMuslim:
Please read the below and know which was the party that swayed from the truth and broke the religion into sects. Find out who labeled you "Sunni". Who gave you the name! Find out that in reality we the Shia are the true "Sunnis" (followers of the Sunnah of the Prophet) while you're only "Sunni" by name to divide the religion and discriminate.

Why It Is Bid'ah, Forbidden And Sinful To Be "Sunni"

https://www.nairaland.com/1001212/why-it-bidah-forbidden-sinful

You sound confused forbidden to call yourself sunni but you shias are the true sunnis? Bros quietly sit abd wait for the call of prayer.

1 Like

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by ShiaMuslim: 6:51pm On Jun 11, 2017
vedaxcool:

You sound confused forbidden to call yourself sunni but you shias are the true sunnis? Bros quietly sit abd wait for the call of prayer.

Replying you is only for the sake of others, where necessary.

Do we call or name ourselves "Sunni" even though we are the true followers of the Sunnah of the Prophet, not of the sunnah of other misguided and disbelieve fellows? The answer is no. Why? Because neither Allah nor the Prophet (s) call us "Sunni".

But we call ourselves "Shia". Why? Because in numerous hadiths the Prophet (s) referred to and named the believers who are loyal to Imam Ali (as) as "the Shia of Ali".

Of course you would still argue because you're not capable of understanding the truth.
Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by Demmzy15(m): 7:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
ShiaMuslim:

[s]
Replying you is only for the sake of others, where necessary.

Do we call or name ourselves "Sunni" even though we are the true followers of the Sunnah of the Prophet, not of the sunnah of other misguided and disbelieve fellows? The answer is no. Why? Because neither Allah nor the Prophet (s) call us "Sunni".

But we call ourselves "Shia". Why? Because in numerous hadiths the Prophet (s) referred to and named the believers who are loyal to Imam Ali (as) as "the Shia of Ali".

Of course you would still argue because you're not capable of understanding the truth.[/s]
Hey!!! Shiakafir, Ali is free from you just as Isa is free from the Christians! Now beat it!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shi'a From The Quran And The Lip Of Nabi by Newnas(m): 5:07am On Jun 12, 2017
ShiaMuslim:

Hey, WahhabiSavage!

A lover of the accursed Yazeed has no standing to talk on behalf of Imam Ali (as). How many streets and how many schools are named in honor of the accursed Yazeed in Saudi Wahhabia?

Do you agree to this Hadith in Sahih Al Tirmidhi:

"Ali is the master of EVERY believer AFTER me"?

Does "every" include Abu Bakr and umar, or do you agree that they were exempted and not believers so that you can deny this clear saying of the Prophet (s)?

To proclaim stupid slogans and foolish analogies is very easy. But to face the truth is very hard. A bitter pill.

Your Takfir, your extremism, your takfiri killings and Wahhabi terror are not enough to subdue the truth. Loser!!!

Ali (as) is my Imam after the messenger of Allah (as). You can stick to your tughat and murtadeen as your leaders. It is therefore you follower of tughat whom Imam Ali (as) is free from like Jesus (as) is free of the claims and ghuluw of the Christians.

WaLLaahi your ignorance is beyond bounds, let me give you the formula for your ignorance:

your ignorance= (AlBaqir's ignorance)^?

Sahih Al Tirmidhi!!!

Well, let's see some authentic narrations from Soheehul Bukharee

The words of the Prophet, "Close up the doorways, except for that of Abu Bakr."

Hadith no :3529

Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:

Allah''''s Apostle addressed the people saying, "Allah has given option to a slave to choose this world or what is with Him. The slave has chosen what is with Allah." Abu Bakr wept, and we were astonished at his weeping caused by what the Prophet mentioned as to a Slave ( of Allah) who had been offered a choice, (we learned later on) that Allah''''s Apostle himself was the person who was given the choice, and that Abu Bakr knew best of all of us. Allah''''s Apostle added, "The person who has favored me most of all both with his company and wealth, is Abu Bakr. If I were to take a Khalil other than my Lord, I would have taken Abu Bakr as such, but (what relates us) is the Islamic brotherhood and friendliness. All the gates of the Mosque should be closed except the gate of Abu Bakr."

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rebutals Library: A Solution To Recycled Topics By Non Muslims / The Life Of Muhammad: An Inconvenient Truth / Eight Benefits Of Istigfar(repentance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.