Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Is It Okay To Still Live With My Parents At 28? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay To Still Live With My Parents At 28? (3939 Views)

I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 / How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? / "When You Still Live With Your Parents At 36" (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay To Still Live With My Parents At 28? by titusope(m): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
Dude it will help in future, listen to your parent advise. I left my parent house at the age of 33,now don't have them again. what I have left is their advice.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Still Live With My Parents At 28? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
Wats d side busines u doin$g that u don$t wan$t u father to $knw. Hope is nt bet9ja sha
Re: Is It Okay To Still Live With My Parents At 28? by NoToPile: 7:32am On Jun 07, 2017
Lool its only in Nigeria that people see "moving out" as a sign of being a man.

If there's no concrete reason for you to leave, stay and channel whatever resources you have into investment, build up your business to a very good level if you can afford to buy a land and build a house pls do.

But if you are staying its their house, their rules and try contributing something to the upkeep shikena .

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Still Live With My Parents At 28? by 1metre: 9:16am On Jun 07, 2017
icehot:

Yes, I already know that, but in order to do the business, I will need to go out and meet people, right? It is in going out and meeting people that the problem lies. I cannot go out, stay too long is a problem. I can fend for myself, maybe they think I cannot.
discuss with your people by presenting them evidence of the so called biz u wanna do at odd time and assure them of your safety. Unless it's illegal, if it's illegal do not relocate, else u regret.
Re: Is It Okay To Still Live With My Parents At 28? by icehot: 12:21am On Jun 09, 2017
adewumiopeyemi:
Wats d side busines u doin$g that u don$t wan$t u father to $knw. Hope is nt bet9ja sha
Nah, its not 9jabet
Re: Is It Okay To Still Live With My Parents At 28? by icehot: 12:22am On Jun 09, 2017
babythug:
Why not give yourself a time frame for moving out and work towards it? You can use an age say 30 or say another year of freebies and you move out!

There are advantages and disadvantages to both options! Whilst enjoying freebies at your parents place you will save yes or maybe not since you will contribute at home anyway! Like someone also said once you move out and perhaps sleep hungry once it'll also help shape you more and mature you as well!

In the meantime to avoid being seemingly stifled by your folks why not be accountable in your waka waka for eg dad/mum I'm headed to xyz for xyz purpose ( you can be vague if need be) I will be back early or late! Whilst you're out call to check on them and reiterate that you're fine but will be home late or otherwise! It's better you learn that now anyway because your spouse too may have such expectations!

Cheers

Thanks a lot
Re: Is It Okay To Still Live With My Parents At 28? by icehot: 12:26am On Jun 09, 2017
NoToPile:
Lool its only in Nigeria that people see "moving out" as a sign of being a man.

If there's no concrete reason for you to leave, stay and channel whatever resources you have into investment, build up your business to a very good level if you can afford to buy a land and build a house pls do.

But if you are staying its their house, their rules and try contributing something to the upkeep shikena .

Thanks a lot
Re: Is It Okay To Still Live With My Parents At 28? by joyAA(f): 10:29am On Jun 09, 2017
OP ,I'm sorry to say, at your big age, they are still monitoring you kws? grin grin grin grin
But really its up to you, not them. If you want to stay, fine. You even get to save your money, but warn them to stop the monitoring haba, a lot of people your age are living alone far far away from their parents na
And if you choose to move out, its okay, but be a man bruh, make them see that you can stand on your own

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Said I Must Abort D Pregnancy / If Dis Waz Ur Child Wat Name Wud U Kal Him / Why Do Ladies Hate Nice Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.