Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,196 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

How To Cook Nigerian Pumpkin Soup (miyan Taushe) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Nigerian Pumpkin Soup (miyan Taushe) (2407 Views)

Miyan Taushe (nigerian Pumpkin Soup) / Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup / How To Make A Spicy Dried Okra Soup (miyan Busheshen Kubewa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook Nigerian Pumpkin Soup (miyan Taushe) by arterxerxes: 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
http://www.jotscroll.com/forums/15/posts/79/nigerian-pumpkin-soup-recipe-how-to-cook-miyan-taushes.html

Nigerian pumpkin soup is delicious yellowish soup made with pumpkin vegetable; it is very simple and easy to prepare. One important thing about pumpkin soup is that you can cook it without palm oil, but you can choose to use red bell peppers or tomato paste to redden the soup. Pumpkin vegetable has a very bright and attractive colour which is another bonus to the soup, hence, you will need the following ingredients to make Pumpkin soup (miyan taushe)

• 1 Cup mashed pumpkin
• 1 Kg assorted meat (cow intestine- saki, fuku, heart and kidney)
• 1 piece smoked fish
• ½ Cup grinded groundnut
• 2 Tablespoons ground crayfish
• Traditional ingredient or locust beans (Dawadawa)
• 1 Cup sorrel leaves, chopped (yakwa)
• 1 Big soup spoon palm oil (optional)
• 3 Pieces scotch bonnet peppers
• 2 pieces red bell peppers
• 2 pieces ripe tomatoes,
• 3 seasoning stock cubes, mashed
• 1 ball onion, chopped
• Salt to taste
Nigerian pumpkin soup is best served with Tuwo shinkafa, follow this link to watch this quick video on how to make Nigerian pumpkin soup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Vl43a5JjM or Read more here-
http://www.jotscroll.com/forums/15/posts/79/nigerian-pumpkin-soup-recipe-how-to-cook-miyan-taushes.html

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Pumpkin Soup (miyan Taushe) by falcon01: 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
Aww so lovely that soup looks sexy to my stomach
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Pumpkin Soup (miyan Taushe) by HungerBAD: 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
Watched the video.

And i can tell you i have neither seen,heard about or tasted this soup before.

It is Nigerian right?
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Pumpkin Soup (miyan Taushe) by malton: 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
HungerBAD:
Watched the video.

And i can tell you i have neither seen,heard about or tasted this soup before.

It is Nigerian right?

Yes, it's Nigerian.

You haven't because it's more popular in the northernmost part of the country.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Pumpkin Soup (miyan Taushe) by HungerBAD: 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
malton:

Yes, it's Nigerian.

You haven't because it's more popular in the northernmost part of the country.

Maybe.

But i did my first 3 years of high school at the caliphate state,and i never saw this then.

Maybe it is because it was in a boarding school and we were confined.

The Soup looks nice.

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Pumpkin Soup (miyan Taushe) by malton: 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
HungerBAD:

Maybe.

But i did my first 3 years of high school at the caliphate state,and i never saw this then.

Maybe it is because it was in a boarding school and we were confined.

The Soup looks nice.

I think it's cos it was a boarding house.

It's quite common.

It tastes nice as well, at least from what I've heard.

I haven't tasted it myself, although I've seen it on numerous occasions.
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Pumpkin Soup (miyan Taushe) by HungerBAD: 5:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
malton:

I think it's cos it was a boarding house.

It's quite common.

It tastes nice as well, at least from what I've heard.

I haven't tasted it myself, although I've seen it on numerous occasions.

I have actually watched the video again and will try it on my next visit home.

Pumpkin should not be hard to get in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Pumpkin Soup (miyan Taushe) by malton: 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
HungerBAD:

I have actually watched the video again and will try it on my next visit home.

Pumpkin should not be hard to get in Lagos.

It won't be hard.

Even if it were, you can have it sent from the north.

I am sure you'd like it.

(1) (Reply)

Egg Rolls / Some Igbo Expressions Related To Cooking / Don’t Be Deceived, Some Of The Eggs You Buy Are Being Made In A Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.