Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:32 PM

Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri (67729 Views)

South African Man Beaten By Homophobes For Being Gay / All Passengers Robbed And Kidnapped By Gunmen In Rivers State. Photo / Chibuihe Obi Who Was Kidnapped Regains Freedom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by stanisbaratheon: 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
mmsen:

He's a brave man and should be commending for challenging the childish stereotypes and myths that many Nigerians hold onto and I say this as someone who really doesn't concern themselves with gay issues at all.

Nigerians can't keep crying about the slow pace of social and economic progress whilst trying to hold steadfast to views and ideas that have no merit and clearly do not benefit the population.

In what ways would gay right benefit the common Nigerian??

9 Likes

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by GetHelpWorldwid: 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
I'm just surprised that 70% of people commenting on this thread are supporting homosexuality.
Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by yesbizng: 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
Nawao! [size=8pt][/size] sad
I just hope he won't be harmed.

The rate of kidnapping presently is quite alarming. Govt. really needs to step in and quell the menace.
Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
calliope:
My Goodness, they suspected him gay hence the kidnapped.He's just a mere activist who seeks out for equal rights and fairness for sexually oppressed people.
I think the law is taken too literally by most citizens in very hostile environments. Some laws are just unethical and this is true for the 2014 law signed by GEJ. How does a parent report their child to authorities for being gay? Isnt it absurd! Taking the advantage of the law and humiliating gays and pro gays are is just so inhumane and uncalled for. There is no law that promotes mob psychology and violence like the 2014 anti-gay marriage law.
Nigeria lawmakers made a very bad precedent for the rest of Africa.

I salute you Madam and I'm joyful to see good people still exists on this forum.

Thank you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by Ezionye(f): 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
I dont get

They kidnapped him cos he was supporting gayism or because of the usual money?

So kidnappers have become tools to " sanitize" the system?

What is wrong is wrong. Kidnapping or homosexuality

3 Likes

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
whitebeard:
so it is a crime for us to be homophobic..!!?

Lol.

Rexamine your priorities mister. That's all I ask

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by pythonkid(m): 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
KingGBsky:

so you too you are gay.
Haba! since when gay come full nairaland like this?
Nairaland don dey fear me o.

ur papa dey mad ni, when I tell u say I b gay.. if na swear back to sender

1 Like

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by SoloceeD2(m): 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
kaybams1:

What two consenting adults decide to do with their private parts shouldn't be anyone's business. I still don't understand why we don't get it in this country. If I am to x-ray your life, there will be countless things I find disgusting you do, that doesn't mean I will have to kidnap, arrest or kill you for that. I have tried to imagine why anyone will actually feel any sexual attraction to the same gender but that doesn't mean I will condemn what I don't understand. And please don't pull the religion card on me, just know that heaven (if it exists) will be full of surprises.
What two adults do with their private parts should concern everybody. If you don't know, all men owe it as a duty to his neighbor to raise his children properly. What this your so called consenting adults do should concern me because one day I will have a child, my flesh, my blood who I will want to raise in my way. I will not always be with him, he might go to school where there's a pervert in the name of a gay as his teacher, he will try to inculcate his belief about gay's which is contrary to mine into my own child. These gays are fond of enticing unsuspecting children with money, gifts and all what not just to sleep with them, should this not be my concern? This guy here most probably became gay because that's what the whites are doing now and we must be like them. All the countries that turned blind eyes to this disgusting Gay stuff now wish they never did. This is Nigeria, you can say we are hypocritical but don't forget we are very religious and homosexuality has no place in our religion.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by mmsen: 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
sometimes, bravery has limits. What the young man did was nothing but suicide.

Before you fight, you first strategise, then have a plan B in case the first plan didn't work out.

Bravery without a plan is stupidity.

Even atheists are afraid to come in a country filled with goats called humans, people that will kill you for not believing what they believe hard enough, yet you as a satanist, and homophobe, (two things these goats hate the most) yapping around and rubbing it all over their faces.

Even as brave as seun is to to tell the world about his atheism on nairaland, he knows how to pick his fight and who to mess or not mess with.

Why do you think he is always on general religions section talking more about christianity than islam? I'm sure someone would have knocked on is door if he talks more about islam than christianity.

Seun probably talks more about xtianity than Islam because it is the creed that he is most familiar with.

Besides, there are a lot of people challenging Islam, especially now, because of the actions of so-called extremists. Even xtians are pointing fingers at the Muslims, not realizing that it is the same underdeveloped manner of thinking that has allowed both to thrive. Both are symptoms of fear and ignorance and both should be moved to the margins of society, if not outright eradicated.

Having said that, I do understand your point about the need to be tactful but sometimes you need to be brave and confront those who relish their stupidity. Shock therapy can/does work. At the very least it will embolden other like-minded people to also confront the people around them who use the social norms of that society to browbeat you into silence, even when you know they are illogical and wrong.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
SirWere:
*sighs*

If we attach the same importance to condemning bad governance as we do to this LGBTQ issue, we wouldn't be in this shoddy state we're in.

I have given up on explaining to people that Homosexuality isnt a disease. This country is way too riddled with senseless folks to even attempt to begin.

As you can see, even the so called Educated are supporting their acts on this thread.

What hope is left for this country sad
Wherever you source that brain from, I pray its forever filled. Just so many can access it to. cheesy
The dude is only an activists even.....not that he is gay himself
Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by mikeycharles(m): 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
BroZuma:
grin grin grin grin

I'm sorry but no comments
Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by Deicide: 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
cold:
Sigh..a nation where Atheists aren't safe let alone gays
lol People still prefer gay or rapist to Atheist grin
Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by chibboy: 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
i am not God to judge... but my advise is.. if you are gay in nigeria or countries that are against it?.. DONT BE LOUD. just do your gay thing under the bedsheet in the room with you and your partner.. my honest advice..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by mmsen: 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
stanisbaratheon:

In what ways would gay right benefit the common Nigerian??

Because we have gay people in Nigeria and we do not benefit from forcing people to pretend to be something which they are not.

That's how you end up with all these angry, frustrated women married to men that don't desire them.

You cannot threaten everyone into submission, especially when dealing with issues that are innate.

How has criminalizing homosexuality helped Nigeria/Nigerians?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
Fourwinds:
heheheheheeee....no room for homos in dis country
yea! but there are rooms for kidnappers, armed robbers, ritualists, pedophiles, terrorists and murderers. nice country! grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by Virtplus(m): 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
calliope:
My Goodness, they suspected him gay hence the kidnapped.He's just a mere activist who seeks out for equal rights and fairness for sexually oppressed people.
I think the law is taken too literally by most citizens in very hostile environments. Some laws are just unethical and this is true for the 2014 law signed by GEJ. How does a parent report their child to authorities for being gay? Isnt it absurd! Taking the advantage of the law and humiliating gays and pro gays is just so inhumane and uncalled for. There is no law that promotes mob psychology and violence like the 2014 anti-gay marriage law.
re u guy..mictweew

1 Like

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by userplainly(m): 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
calliope:
I think the law is taken too literally by most citizens in very hostile environments. Some laws are just unethical and this is true for the 2014 law signed by GEJ. How does a parent report their child to authorities for being gay? Isnt it absurd! Taking the advantage of the law and humiliating gays and pro gays is just so inhumane and uncalled for. There is no law that promotes mob psychology and violence like the 2014 anti-gay marriage law.

So u support gay? ... Even the bible condemned it.... Its a sin against God n nature... Guess u from PortHarcourt cos tis rampant there

3 Likes

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by 9inches(m): 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
Let him who has no sin throw the first stone.

3 Likes

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by mikeycharles(m): 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
kaybams1:

You should worry more about your ignorance than my beating. It's not everyone that supports gay right that are gay. But then, from all indications your mental faculty is too little to process that effectively.
I've been rendered speechless shocked
Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
How did this nonsense get to the front page ?
Normal law abiding people are kidnapped daily, why should I waste my time reading about a pervert ?

4 Likes

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by mikeycharles(m): 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
kaybams1:

You should worry more about your ignorance than my beating. It's not everyone that supports gay right that are gay. But then, from all indications your mental faculty is too little to process that effectively.
I'm just speechless
Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by LordOfNaira: 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
Angeleena:

just,see how anus drillers,occupying my mentions... ur own,plenty,u re an atheist,and also an anus driller...I dunno where to start from..well have said my mind,and am actually at home twerking to WizKid's#daddy yo# Comman beat me..

Take it easy, madam. Not all who support gay rights are gay. Moreover, we have more pressing issues than attacking gays. Of all the bills that could make this country a better place, only that of gays got such tremendous uplift. I think it is high time we started getting our priorities right. One of such is to start holding our leaders accountable. We all keep on shouting "revolution" and yet can't even come together to revolt against our useless leaders. But if it is about the harmless gays, people will start getting unnecessarily worked up. What should work us up more: "gays or useless leaders"?

6 Likes

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
kingthreatz:

I wish your father was gay. You wont be alive for me to read your bullshît.

Wanted to respond to this, saw your Signature, didn't bother.

4 Likes

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by luminouz(m): 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
Angeleena:
lol,I don't know if I should, feel sorry for u...but why on earth,should a man,leave all the fresh bobbies and fleshy ass,for a dry,stiffed, ass??it makes no sense,and so unusual... u just can't,imagine how disgusting, to hear the moan,of two grown men..jeeezz!!! abeg,if the kidnapping go,rearrange the boy brain,no wahala..
Equally disgusting was watching DAT chidinma video n hearing her moans....when so many masculine cock sure poosayfvckers Like ME abound!!! But una too dey form!! Jeeezzzzss!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
Angeleena:
lol,I don't know if I should, feel sorry for u...but why on earth,should a man,leave all the fresh bobbies and fleshy ass,for a dry,stiffed, ass??it makes no sense,and so unusual... u just can't,imagine how disgusting, to hear the moan,of two grown men..jeeezz!!! abeg,if the kidnapping go,rearrange the boy brain,no wahala..
lollllllllllllllllll thr will moan in bass

1 Like

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by stanisbaratheon: 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
mmsen:

Because we have gay people in Nigeria and we do not benefit from forcing people to pretend to be something which they are not.

That's how you end up with all these angry, frustrated women who married a man who doesn't want them.

You cannot threaten everyone into submission, especially when dealing with issues that are innate.

How has criminalizing homosexuality helped Nigeria/Nigerians?

Neither is making it legal.

1 Like

Re: Chibuihe Obi, Gay Activist Kidnapped By Homophobes In Owerri by Fourwinds: 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
gypsey:
yea! but there are rooms for kidnappers, armed robbers, ritualists, pedophiles, terrorists and murderers. nice country! grin
tell me which one of those u mentioned dat is not being dealt with...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Ebonyi Boy Murders His Master In Anambra State (Photos) / 2 Police Officers Die In A Car Crash While Chasing A Vehicle In Akwa Ibom (Graph / Female Burglar Stripped Unclad In Ibadan After Being Caught

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.