Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? (3104 Views)

Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! / I Asked Her Out, But She Said Let's Just Be Friends / She Suddenly Made A U-turn And Said We Can Only Be Friends. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by FTrebirth(m): 8:28am On Jun 05, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Go and check my most recent threads on Romance land.
It is not advisable to keep an ex as a friend.
You can say hello whenever you bump into each other but as a friend. It is a no-no.

Speaking from experience.
After she insisted on being friends after breakup.
Already banged my most recent ex like 5 times last month alone including an all night action before I had to block her on all social media, even her number is barred on my phone.
the emboldened is the reason why keeping an ex as friend is dangerous...your ex CAN NEVER be "just friends" with you! there may be a brief hard-to-get moment from the girl but if you have some privacy with her the fvcking is inevitable. you would fvck and break up, fvck and break up, fvck and break up again and again while the grudge (the reason for so-called break up is still there). so what's the need chatting or calling your ex sometimes? what do you have to discuss?
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by LePrezident(m): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:
Nope. When we break up, I don't know you. Break ups usually don't happen just because. The reason we break up, is the same reason why I will want nothing to do with you ever again. I'm not friends with any of my exes because of that. Why would I wanna have an untrustworthy liar as a friend? If he's not good enough as a BF, then he's not good enough as a friend in my book.

So wait, from your submission I take it that all your exes did you wrong. Your statement further postulates that you did none of your exes wrong. Is that so?
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by thelastmediator: 8:43am On Jun 05, 2017
For the sake of the new person in your life, stay clear. No matter how much you try, memories of you guys being together will always pop up either while chatting on phone or in person.
What made us fall in love in the first place is the attention we give each other. The attention now should be for your present and not your past. My take

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 05, 2017
LePrezident:

So wait, from your submission I take it that all your exes did you wrong. Your statement further postulates that you did none of your exes wrong. Is that so?

There's 3 sides to every story-my side, their side & the supposed "truth". So of course I'm going to see things from MY perspective, which may be different from his or a 3rd party's.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by LePrezident(m): 8:48am On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

There's 3 sides to every story-my side, their side & the supposed "truth". So of course I'm going to see things from MY perspective, which may be different from his or a 3rd party's.

Hmmmm... but you do agree you could have also caused some of the break ups.
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by seunlly(m): 8:57am On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

hhmmm
I am speechless
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 05, 2017
LePrezident:

Hmmmm... but you do agree you could have also caused some of the break ups.

No, I don't agree. I'm not perfect but I've done nothing in my relationships to cause a guy to break up with me. Meaning, I have never been dumped by my exes, I broke up with them. Perhaps they were more tolerant or kept any issue they had with me to themselves because none have ever spoken ill of me after the fact. In fact, some still want me back tongue So no, I wouldn't say I caused any major issues aside arguing with them etc.
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by seunlly(m): 9:15am On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

No, I don't agree. I'm not perfect but I've done nothing in my relationships to cause a guy to break up with me. Meaning, I have never been dumped by my exes, I broke up with them. Perhaps they were more tolerant or kept any issue they had with me to themselves because none have ever spoken ill of me after the fact. In fact, some still want me back tongue So no, I wouldn't say I caused any major issues aside arguing with them etc.
u can't know that there must be where u too make mistakes
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by LePrezident(m): 9:17am On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

Loool I see, I guess you don't want any of them back cos the committed very grievous offenses against you.
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 05, 2017
seunlly:
u can't know that there must be where u too make mistakes

Exactly. Because they never said there was, so I'm gonna retain my position that I never did anything MAJOR, to warrant them breaking up with me.
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 05, 2017
LePrezident:

Loool I see, I guess you don't want any of them back cos the committed very grievous offenses against you.

Yes, you don't Bleep with me & still expect to be relevant. I'm very unforgiving grin
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Fraih(f): 9:30am On Jun 05, 2017
Depends on what grounds you were separated.
If it's on a mutual ground, fine!
But in the case where one just dashed off, Abeg there's nothing more to say.
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 05, 2017
EmekaBlue:
As young as you are *ALL YOUR EX. Hmm....So bfr u ladies settle down,u allow many men access ur body.
You think it's every guy that want access to a lady's body during a relationship? I have an ex who has never even hold my hands before till we broke up. It was an agreement..... Do this for me while I pretend to be your girlfriend.
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by LePrezident(m): 10:29am On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

Yes, you don't Bleep with me & still expect to be relevant. I'm very unforgiving grin

To be unforgiving is quite bad you know. It's likely you'll be walking about with a lot of dark cloud. Not not.
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by loswhite(m): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2017
nNEOo:
This is the dumbest question i've heard in a long time.....

for the sake of decency let me not loose my calm....op YES you should not only be friends with ur X YOU MUST BE FRIENDS WITH YOUR X........(for God's sake what is wrong with ppl?)
dumbest post
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 05, 2017
LePrezident:

To be unforgiving is quite bad you know. It's likely you'll be walking about with a lot of dark cloud. Not not.

By unforgiving, I don't mean I'm sitting & stewing about it even today. No. I've moved on. It simply means I can never take them back because of whatever they did. It's only when it comes them. If that's wrong then I'm glad to be wrong because I just can't allow someone back into my life after they've done me wrong. My inner something doesn't agree. You mess up bad enough, there's no going back from that as far as I'm concerned.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by LePrezident(m): 11:13am On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

By unforgiving, I don't mean I'm sitting & stewing about it even today. No. I've moved on. It simply means I can never take them back because of whatever they did. It's only when it comes them. If that's wrong then I'm glad to be wrong because I just can't allow someone back into my life after they've done me wrong. My inner something doesn't agree. You mess up bad enough, there's no going back from that as far as I'm concerned.

Hmmmm... fair enough

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 05, 2017
Yes I can just as I am now Because you broke up with someone dose not mean him or her is your enemy
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
FTrebirth:
the emboldened is the reason why keeping an ex as friend is dangerous...your ex CAN NEVER be "just friends" with you! there may be a brief hard-to-get moment from the girl but if you have some privacy with her the fvcking is inevitable. you would fvck and break up, fvck and break up, fvck and break up again and again while the grudge (the reason for so-called break up is still there). so what's the need chatting or calling your ex sometimes? what do you have to discuss?

You are right
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by FTrebirth(m): 1:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

ZarZar:

Exactly. Because they never said there was, so I'm gonna retain my position that I never did anything MAJOR, to warrant them breaking up with me.
you broke up with your exes or they broke up with you? LOL! SMH.
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by FTrebirth(m): 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2017
rittyray:
Yes I can just as I am now
Because you broke up with someone dose not mean him or her is your enemy
no, they're not your enemy but you need to quit calling/seeing them and move on!
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by hrykanu231(m): 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
Recently while I was on leave, I got bored and decided to chat my ex. We didn't go past four lines and every other discussion was centred on se.x. I just had to end the convo, before I start regretting...my current gf is just too good, she doesn't deserve any " bad dish"
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Funky123(f): 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2017
Am a fan of being friend with ex before but its nt helping cos nt all ex wants ur present relationship to continue but dey just pretend.....The new rule is once u re gone u re gone forever
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 05, 2017
FTrebirth:

you broke up with your exes or they broke up with you? LOL! SMH.

Re-read what I wrote.
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by drunkpunk(m): 5:39pm On Jun 05, 2017
For me there are levels to my friendship. I'd def demote you to level 1. Most people don't really understand who a friend is. Take for instance, police arrest your padi, you come reach station and they ask you is he your friend? Trust me that's when most of you would redefine who a friend is. So like some of us have said, depending on what led to the breakup. Like ZarZar said, I can't take back a dishonest ex as a friend, we go just be contacts for each other phone. Secondly, I also know where to place each and every ex. Doesn't stop us from keeping in touch. Thirdly, if the ex cannot define boundaries as to respecting the fact that we've both moved on, my advice is to cut off. Sometimes it's not just about being smart, hitting and running, being friends with benefits... No. It's a No No for me. Whatever happened to being principled? My opinion. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Abortions: 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
Yea and we fvck occassionally as friends
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by drunkpunk(m): 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
Funky123:
Am a fan of being friend with ex before but its nt helping cos nt all ex wants ur present relationship to continue but dey just pretend.....The new rule is once u re gone u re gone forever
Some of them are not as bad as you think
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Abortions: 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
sexybbstar:
I'm still friends with all my ex ,they tell me things happening to them, they seek advice about their current girlfriends

but recently it's affectng.my relationship, my guy thinks when you call someone your ex, u have nothin to do with each other again. He believes the feelings might come back. I reasoned with him and I cut contacts with some not all cos they still wanna be my friend.
hmmm this ur backside tho
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by drunkpunk(m): 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
rittyray:
Yes I can just as I am now
Because you broke up with someone dose not mean him or her is your enemy
How about a situation where an ex poses a threat to your existing relationship leading to marriage... What will you do?
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Abortions: 5:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mimzyy:
No! There's no point.
Ex wassup
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by drunkpunk(m): 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
Fraih:
Depends on what grounds you were separated.
If it's on a mutual ground, fine!
But in the case where one just dashed off, Abeg there's nothing more to say.
Since knowing you is easy, lemme attempt the harder mission which is understanding you. Melanin popping I guess
Re: Let’s Talk! Can You Really Be Friends With An Ex? by Mimzyy(f): 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2017
Abortions:
Ex wassup

Excuse me?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"May Your Empty Soul Rest In Life" Guy Blast Lady Used My Yahoo Boy / Have You Seen These Pussy-inspired Selfies This Busty Stripper Is Sharing?! / Share Your Worst Date Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.