Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria (9342 Views)

I Got A Job Through Debbie And Nairaland On The 14th Of February / I Got A Job Through Nairaland / Just Got A Job Through Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:47am On Jun 05, 2017
To get a job through internship in Nigeria is one of the fastest ways to get a job in a country filled with unemployment. The basic truth behind this is the fact that employers want to access you on the short term, before rewarding you with a long term contract. There are ways by which you can land yourself a job through internships and I will explain them below;

Have a Skill in High Demand

Getting a job through internship in Nigeria is difficult because most people don’t have the skills that employers want. Research has shown that it is only the Information Technology (IT) sector that gives room for a large number of interns to gain work experience. Even in sectors that are not basically inclined to the Information Technology sector, the IT department in such firms offers great room for interns to join the team.

Learning and possessing these ICT skills won’t only beautify your Resume, but it will increase your chances of landing a job as fast as possible. Learning these ICT skills maybe tasking and most times expensive, but what your B.sc can’t do for you, these skills can do it for you within the shortest possible time.

Befriend Human Resource Managers on LinkedIn and Offer to work as an Intern

Several times I have seen it work for me, but because I am not interested in Internship positions, I allow it slid or pass it on to available people. Keeping a good and rich profile opens your door of opportunities. Learn how to pitch your special skills. This works only when you have a special skill especially ICT skills. A lot of organizations pay lots of money yearly, training staff on various skills. Having someone who possesses some of these skills is a big plus and they would willingly accept you working for them as an Intern. When you prove yourself to be a valuable resource, you get a permanent role.

Market Your Skills on Social Media

This is where the hard work comes in. Instead of wasting your time and lambasting the president and his aides on social media, take the time to sell your skills to prospective employers on the social media. LinkedIn is a very good market place for this point. It might be difficult at first, but it takes time and planning to pull it through.

I see a whole lot of young guys getting jobs through LinkedIn, and I have studied their methods and saw how it worked exactly. Learn how to pitch your skills by showing the employer what he or she stands to gain by employing you; you see how they offer you internship jobs on a platter of gold.

SEE: http://topwritersden.com/get-job-using-social-media/

Learn How to Network Like a Casanova

This is one of the ways to get a job through internship in Nigeria. Like a top salesman would say, “Networking is what differentiates the Rich from the Poor.” Show me your friend and I will show you how much you have in your bank account.

“Who do you know?”

“Where do they work?”

“The people you know, who do they know?”

All these are the questions you should ask yourself. If your answer to the above question is “NOBODY”, then I guess you should start all over from my 1st point and build up your profile again.

I am not asking you to become a gold digger, just be a gold hunter and it shall be well with you and your career.

Till we meet again, keep Networking!!

Like my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/topwritersden

Source: http://topwritersden.com/job-through-internship-nigeria/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by eezeribe(m): 8:48am On Jun 05, 2017
I have a question to ask... even though it is not fully related to the topic.
Why do most Nigerian graduates dislike marketing jobs,but during their undergraduate days,most of them were very zealous in campus evangelism.going from one room to the other,preaching and getting embarrassed sometimes.
Is evangelism not a form of marketing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2017
eezeribe:
Why do most Nigerian graduates dislike marketing jobs,but during their undergraduate days,most of them were very zealous in campus evangelism.going from one room to the other,preaching and getting embarrassed sometimes.

They see selling as a profession meant for people who are not intelligent. They fail to understand that everybody is selling in this life.

Maybe they pictured their dream job as being in a Large office, with Air conditioners and a Secretary attached to them cheesy.

I guess they don't know that the Job that gives you a Large sum of cash within a short period of time is nothing but a SALES MAN job!!

2 Likes

Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 05, 2017
BiafranBushBoy ke the way?

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by calibet(m): 11:35am On Jun 05, 2017
Thanks
Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by slawomir: 11:36am On Jun 05, 2017
Ok
Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by Thermodynamics(m): 11:46am On Jun 05, 2017
There is only one true way, Connection.

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by Benjom(m): 11:47am On Jun 05, 2017
Good effort

Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by okonja(m): 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
Nice one

Benjom:
Good effort

Mehn!, your site security is tight oh!, took me a little while to filter out the Sample 2A & 2B .bmp wink, but I would contact you later sha... Good job cool
Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by jobbers: 12:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
ok
Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
Easy said than reality
Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by Benjom(m): 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
okonja:
Nice one

Mehn!, your site security is tight oh!, took me a little while to filter out the Sample 2A & 2B .bmp wink, but I would contact you later sha... Good job cool

You must be part of the 2% that broke through. You'll hear from my lawyers soon grin
Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by babapressy(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hahaha
Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by okonja(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
Benjom:

You must be part of the 2% that broke through. You'll hear from my lawyers soon grin

Hahahahaha, was actually curious why I couldn't do somethings on your site BUT I really commend you cheesy...So this comment of mine would serve as exhibit that I paid Royalty to you even though not monetarily grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by FILEBE(m): 12:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
what we write is different from what we do. There are so many opportunities out there but shame and pride might not let us do it. Reminds me of the movie, The Internship or is it the interns? Where those two big guys had to work with younger ones. If I learnt anything from that movie, it is: always give it your shot, always try it. That idea, that job, that work, that training. Just try it.
we will do so much good to ourselves if we learn something. learn something, learn from someone. Just learn!

2 Likes

Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by myrrtle(m): 12:23pm On Jun 05, 2017
looking for an internship or hiring an intern? careersome.com

Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2017
Thermodynamics:
There is only one true way, Connection.
Is not substantial
Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by generaluthman: 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
okay
Re: Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria by Nnabugwu8590: 7:49pm On Jun 05, 2017
eezeribe:
Hahahahaahahaha, my dear, this your question attracts a capital YES.

(1) (Reply)

Jumia Group Latest Recruitment (5 Positions) / Oriental Food Industries Limited Interview / First Excelsia Professional Services Limited Now Recruiting For Engineering Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.