Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? (44466 Views)

My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding / About To Marry A Virgin: Matrimonial Bed Or Hotel Bed. / New Wife Caught Having Sex With Ex-boyfriend On Their Wedding Night. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Foxie: 9:05am On Jun 05, 2017
Hello Family,

We'll be tying the nuptial knots towards the end of this year God willing. My would be Husband is of the opinion we pass our wedding night in a hotel, but I'm of the opinion we spend it at our new home. My reason for suggesting this is that we've never been intimate and it's my first time, I would have preferred the first experience to be on our matrimonial bed.

Please note that this isn't the honeymoon proper, I as well suggested that if we spend wedding night at home, after Thanksgiving the next day we'd go for honeymoon proper for a week to his place of choice, that's somewhere away from home.

Please are there things I need to know about spending wedding night in the house, or is it better we spend the night in the hotel? Please advice me married couples. Thank you.

NB: I had to open another thread as the first one I can't access it, sorry for the double post

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by ikbnice(m): 9:07am On Jun 05, 2017
Where u dey do am before?

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Foxie: 9:09am On Jun 05, 2017
ikbnice:
Where u dey do am before?
Did you bother to read at all?

245 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by majamajic(m): 9:11am On Jun 05, 2017
grin

If u have a comfortable home that will contain everyone ..home is better. At least save cost, cos u will need to pay for like 5 hotel rooms.

If not. .. u can go to hotel. Hotel has its advantages too. Everyone fin their way from reception hall grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 05, 2017
Your home.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by raheemkeji(f): 9:17am On Jun 05, 2017
Well, it all depend on the situation around you. If you would left alone at home after the wedding celebration, then there is no need for extra spending. What I really meant is that, Visitors do go home with the couple after the party, so there is probability that they would be spending the night in your home, in this case it is not advisable to spend it at home. I hope this helps.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by okirewaju(f): 9:21am On Jun 05, 2017
Hotel jare

Before neighbours begin knock door for morning

Plus if its at home, who will prepare breakfast after the all night marathon

164 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by ikbnice(m): 9:24am On Jun 05, 2017
Foxie:
Did you bother to read at all?
I read only the headlines!

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 05, 2017
I think the main reason people stay in a hotel is for privacy,the easy service and some quietness. There would be lots of guest sleeping over in the house _those that came from afar. The house will be jam packed with wedding gifts and all the preparation stuff... You don't wanna sleep atop all that mess, neither do you wanna be interrupted, you both need all the concentration and serenity as a new couple(first timer).

Don't worry, your first experience proper will be on your matrimonial bed or during the honeymoon. There isn't much you can do that first night: trust me.

Most importantly, talk it over with your husband-to-be.

Happy Married Life in advance.
As requested @ Foxie.

Foxie:
Thanks for your contribution, the thing is we'd be moving to a new place nobody knows, no friends or relative will put up there coz no one knows of this new place and we plan to keep it so till after the wedding. He still maintains the old place he's currently living, I guess that's where his guest can stay...
Perfect! Since there is a new place and privacy, sleep there na. Save cost, use the money to buy sexy lingeries tongue.

That inability to access threads happens a lot recently.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Foxie: 9:34am On Jun 05, 2017
PaperLace:
I think the main reason people stay in a hotel is for privacy,the easy service and some quietness. There would be lots of guest sleeping over in the house _those that came from afar. The house will be jam packed with wedding gifts and all the preparation stuff... You don't wanna sleep atop all that mess, neither do you wanna be interrupted, you both need all the concentration and serenity as a new couple(first timer).

Don't worry, your first experience proper will be on your matrimonial bed or during the honeymoon. There isn't much you can do that first night: trust me.

Most importantly, talk it over with your husband-to-be.

Happy Married Life in advance.
Thanks a lot. Like I said over there, we're getting a new apartment by next month although he'd still maintain the one his currently living till after the wedding. So his guests and friends won't be a problem and also his family lives in town too so they may not need to put up in his house and for the gifts, they can be kept in any of our parent's till we get back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Foxie: 9:56am On Jun 05, 2017
okirewaju:
Hotel jare

Before neighbours begin knock door for morning

Plus if its at home, who will prepare breakfast after the all night marathon
But breakfast might not be a problem, we can eat out or I can prepare small sandwiches and tea. You'd know we'd go for our honeymoon proper after Thanksgiving... So the staying away from the house isn't completely ruled out. I'm just concerned about the wedding night if s** is going to happen...

3 Likes

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Foxie: 9:57am On Jun 05, 2017
raheemkeji:
Well, it all depend on the situation around you. If you would left alone at home after the wedding celebration, then there is no need for extra spending. What I really meant is that, Visitors do go home with the couple after the party, so there is probability that they would be spending the night in your home, in this case it is not advisable to spend it at home. I hope this helps.
Thanks for your contribution, I'm very sure we'd be left alone, coz we'd be moving to a new apartment...

1 Like

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Afam4eva(m): 10:22am On Jun 05, 2017
All this one on top fvck matters. Father lord, come down and save your children.

180 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Sleekbaby(f): 10:38am On Jun 05, 2017
I think your house is better option here since it's your first time and you people will still go to honeymoon, talk to him and give him reasons he will understand.

7 Likes

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by okirewaju(f): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2017
Foxie:
But breakfast might not be a problem, we can eat out or I can prepare small sandwiches and tea. You'd know we'd go for our honeymoon proper after Thanksgiving... So the staying away from the house isn't completely ruled out. I'm just concerned about the wedding night if s** is going to happen...
From my experience, I will pick hotel, go home after thanksgiving then honeymoon thereafter.

Don't be concerned about that aspect
Let it happen no matter how tired you are
I kinda see it as been symbolic sha
The wedding night, its something I want to think about and smile years later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by okirewaju(f): 11:24am On Jun 05, 2017
Foxie:
Thanks for your contribution, I'm very sure we'd left alone, coz we'd be moving to a new apartment...
Left alone?

Hmmnnnn

When we had guest after thanksgiving on Sunday self.

Depends on a lot of factors sha!

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by okirewaju(f): 11:26am On Jun 05, 2017
Afam4eva:
All this one on top fvck matters. Father lord, come down and save your children.
Bros this f*** is legally and biblically approved

132 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by poshestmina(f): 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hotel is a better option ,no need to start making breakfast or worrying about electricity ,or ac not
working well e.t.c

Your hubby can even tell them to keep a bottle of wine,dim light ,flowers wink then resume duty till morning make your wedding night memorable and romantic jare.
the house won't run!

HML in advance

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by GoldCircle: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
There's nothing to advise my dear. It's entirely your call. whether Hotel, House, hostel, canal, all na your choice. This is just one day out of possibly a century you are both going to spend together. Focus more on the days and years ahead than on this first day of a very long journey.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Foxie: 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
Sleekbaby:
I think your house is better option here since it's your first time and you people will still go to honeymoon, talk to him and give him reasons he will understand.
Thanks, I'd do my best to convince him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Foxie: 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
okirewaju:
Left alone?

Hmmnnnn

When we had guest after thanksgiving on Sunday self.

Depends on a lot of factors sha!
My reason for saying we'd be left alone is coz we'll be going to our new apartment no one knows after the wedding and I see no reason why someone should follow us home that night...

1 Like

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Foxie: 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
poshestmina:
Hotel is a better option ,no need to start making breakfast or worrying about electricity ,or ac not
working well e.t.c

Your hubby can even tell them to keep a bottle of wine,dim light ,flowers wink then resume duty till morning make your wedding night memorable and romantic jare.
the house won't run!

HML in advance
Ahhh! Aunty, resume duty till morning? Please na.. Lol

I can see maybe these are some of the reasons my would - be hubby is saying we should pass the night In a hotel, so we don't just get home and start trying to fix things... But my fear is, the morning after, when our room will be cleaned up, who knows what mess we'd create... And some other worries... Thanks for your contribution

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by okirewaju(f): 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
Foxie:
My reason for saying we'd be left alone is coz we'll be going to our new apartment no one knows after the wedding and I see no reason why someone should follow us home that night...
We all have our points though so let's leave it this way

Home or hotel, it doesn't matter as all that matters is making your heart beat as one continually. Happy Married Life in advance my dear.

As for the all night duty, it's part of marriage package so get ready

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by bukatyne(f): 5:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
Foxie:

I can see some of the reason my would be hubby is saying we should pass the night In a hotel, so we don't just get home and start trying to fix things... But my fear is, the morning after, when our room will be cleaned up, who knows what mess we'd create... And some other worries... Thanks for your contribution

@OP:

I believe the wedding night (virgin or not) is symbolic and the first legal sex you have in your marriage (again considering the fact that you both have never been sexually intimate and you are a virgin) is extremely important.

Several people might had sex on that same bed... yes, the sheets are fresh however sex is more spiritual than physical and I doubt you want to consumate your marriage (the final step of the joinning) in a public place.

Do home on the wedding night, and honeymoon after thanksgiving. Even if there are a lot of people in your home, they will give you both space.

@breakfast and cleaning.... I don't know the breakfast and cleaning you are doing on your wedding night oh! Get food from the wedding or buy fast food.

Happy married life in advance.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by poshestmina(f): 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
Foxie:

I can see some of the reason my would be hubby is saying we should pass the night In a hotel, so we don't just get home and start trying to fix things... But my fear is, the morning after, when our room will be cleaned up, who knows what mess we'd create... And some oth
er worries... Thanks for your contribution

So long you guys don't damage anything, please mess it up especially the bed grin

17 Likes

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by sisisioge: 7:07pm On Jun 05, 2017
Do an hotel biko.

Reasons:

1. You have an already made bed and clean room.

2. You can scream all you want, nobody would mark your face as the new legit slot in town.

3. You would be away from the party remnants... AKA, people wey never go back to their abodes.

4. There's something about good hotels that act like aphrodisiacs... you won't forget in a hurry.

5. Please go with the hotel...but ensure you don't over do things during the wedding ceremony so you could have plenty of time to waltz at night.

Yipppy, you are getting married! Hallelujah grin grin

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Foxie: 7:23pm On Jun 05, 2017
okirewaju:
We all have our points though so let's leave it this way

Home or hotel, it doesn't matter as all that matters is making your heart beat as one continually. Happy Married Life in advance my dear.

As for the all night duty, it's part of marriage package so get ready

All the best

You're scaring me, like seriously all night? Thanks all the same.

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Foxie: 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
bukatyne:

@OP:

I believe the wedding night (virgin or not) is symbolic and the first legal sex you have in your marriage (again considering the fact that you both have never been sexually intimate and you are a virgin) is extremely important.

Several people might had sex on that same bed... yes, the sheets are fresh however sex is more spiritual than physical and I doubt you want to consumate your marriage (the final step of the joinning) in a public place.

Do home on the wedding night, and honeymoon after thanksgiving. Even if there are a lot of people in your home, they will give you both space.

@breakfast and cleaning.... I don't know the breakfast and cleaning you are doing on your wedding night oh! Get food from the wedding or buy fast food.

Happy married life in advance.
Thank you so much. You really understand the point I'm getting at, I didn't want us to consummate our marriage in a public bed/place.

@ breakfast, I was responding to the guy who was asking who will prepare breakfast for us in the morning after the 'marathon'. And I responded we could eat out before going to church or I can make small sandwiches and tea...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Foxie: 7:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
poshestmina:

So long you guys don't damage anything, please mess it up especially the bed grin
Lol
Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by Foxie: 7:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
sisisioge:
Do an hotel biko.

Reasons:

1. You have an already made bed and clean room.

2. You can scream all you want, nobody would mark your face as the new legit slot in town.

3. You would be away from the party remnants... AKA, people wey never go back to their abodes.

4. There's something about good hotels that act like aphrodisiacs... you won't forget in a hurry.

5. Please go with the hotel...but ensure you don't over do things during the wedding ceremony so you could have plenty of time to waltz at night.

Yipppy, you are getting married! Hallelujah grin grin
This got me laughing, I guess I'll be too shy to even scream.. Lol
Thank you so much.

5 Likes

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by OldBeer: 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Haigod!
Women are wonderful creatures.
See preparation and planning na.
Remain small you go carry calculator and plot graph.
Anyway, I no blame you because na your first time.
Time go reach wey u go dey open leg anywhere and anyhow without all this senrenren.
Abeg no show your husband this thread, so as not to put undue pressure on him.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? by sisisioge: 8:25pm On Jun 05, 2017
Foxie:
This got me laughing, I guess I'll be too shy to even scream.. Lol
Thank you so much.

grin grin grin grin Yimu...you probably would regardless of how blue your nose is. Imagine someone waking you up with kisses on your back down your spine...no forget say the room is gonna be cold o. Omg! Congrats in advance grin

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HELP My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave / Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen / Confusion In My Very Young Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.