Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) (18497 Views)

How To Make Unripe Plantain And Sweet Potato Pottage(pic) / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by ThisTrend(f): 9:29am On Jun 05, 2017
'Beans and Sweat Corn' preparation is a pottage. Mostly called 'Adalu' or 'Agbado ati Ewa' especially in the Yoruba Land. This food is often prepared in my area, I can feel the Aroma and Tasty sweetness it deliver to the Neighbourhood.

Therefore, I decided to gather list of Ingredient required and Preparation procedure; then I have this Recipe pen down. It's just a simple direction, just read on.

REQUIREMENTS
- 225g beans

- 225g corn (picked from the cob)

- 1 onion (sliced)

- 3 fresh tomatoes (sliced)

- 2 tablespoons ground crayfish

- 2 Sawa (smoked dry fish)

- 1 litre water

- 3 tablespoons palm-oil

- Salt to taste.

DIRECTIONS FOR COOKING
1. Pick over the beans and sweet corn, throwing out any stones or pieces of grit.

2. Wash and cook the corn in water till soft, add the beans and salt to taste.

3. Cook until soft and pulpy approximately 40 minutes adding more water if necessary.

5. Add the sliced peppers, onions and tomatoes, stirring frequently to avoid burning.

6. Remove skin and bones from sawa and flake into small pieces.

7. Add to the beans together with the ground crayfish and palm oil. Check seasoning and stir well. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.

Serve with fried pepper sauce.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/06/recipe-how-to-prepare-adalu-beans-and.html?m=1

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by ikbnice(m): 9:30am On Jun 05, 2017
Walahi, I miss those days.

4 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by OZAA(m): 11:57am On Jun 05, 2017
Thanks i will give a try.
grin grin grin
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 05, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by mindworx: 11:57am On Jun 05, 2017
God bless my wife.

8 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by jashar(f): 11:57am On Jun 05, 2017
smiley
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by blaquebelle: 11:58am On Jun 05, 2017
So e get name
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by tosyne2much(m): 11:58am On Jun 05, 2017
Our mothers are the best set of women.
(women born between 40s-70s)

Starting from year 2000, finding a woman that has similar attributes with that of our mothers has been terribly difficult. They are homely, humble, good cook and submissive to their husbands.

While some of our new generation ladies are still battling with how to cook ordinary noodles or spaghetti, you're here talking about how to cook ADALU (beans and sweet corn pottage)

You wan kill them? cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by Tolams16(m): 11:58am On Jun 05, 2017
Boooooooooked!!!
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 05, 2017
beans & corn is BAE

2 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by Moustache: 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
Damn.....
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by slawomir: 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
wetin be this self?
na wa o
all these mumu mumu food

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by michoim(m): 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
Appears to the eye like a junk mix, especially the first pic

2 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by nerdfrost(m): 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
cheesy cheesy grin

see my food

I no dey use this food play for house oo

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by ezugegere(m): 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
@OP, Are you from Ogori?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by calibet(m): 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
Delicious
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by adecz: 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
Recession food... sad

5 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by egorov(m): 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
I swear I was just thinking of calling a girl to come prepare this meal for me today. I so much Love it. I'll try it myself
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by PearlStreet(m): 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
slawomir:
wetin be this self?
na wa o
all these mumu mumu food

I no kuku blame you. If you no wan chop, na your mama food no sweet.

5 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by omoadeleye(m): 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
Does this explanation apply to three drums of beans wjen cooking?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by adecz: 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
Recession food... sad

The thing be like pikin diarrhoea..

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by NoToPile: 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
Getting freshly plucked corn cob in Lagos seems impossible
angry

And "agbado Oojo" (corn plucked that same day) is always sweeter ehn

3 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by dolphinife: 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
My best food since 1987.....always eat it anytime corn is out
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by gbadexy(m): 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
I'm salivating already.
op should have posted the fried pepper sauce picture also.

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by jamesrichard(m): 12:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
ThisTrend:

'Beans and Sweat Corn' preparation is a pottage. Mostly called 'Adalu' or 'Agbado ati Ewa' especially in the Yoruba Land. This food is often prepared in my area, I can feel the Aroma and Tasty sweetness it deliver to the Neighbourhood.

Therefore, I decided to gather list of Ingredient required and Preparation procedure; then I have this Recipe pen down. It's just a simple direction, just read on.

REQUIREMENTS
- 225g beans

- 225g corn (picked from the cob)

- 1 onion (sliced)

- 3 fresh tomatoes (sliced)

- 2 tablespoons ground crayfish

- 2 Sawa (smoked dry fish)

- 1 litre water

- 3 tablespoons palm-oil

- Salt to taste.

DIRECTIONS FOR COOKING
1. Pick over the beans and sweet corn, throwing out any stones or pieces of grit.

2. Wash and cook the corn in water till soft, add the beans and salt to taste.

3. Cook until soft and pulpy approximately 40 minutes adding more water if necessary.

5. Add the sliced peppers, onions and tomatoes, stirring frequently to avoid burning.

6. Remove skin and bones from sawa and flake into small pieces.

7. Add to the beans together with the ground crayfish and palm oil. Check seasoning and stir well. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.

Serve with fried pepper sauce.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/06/recipe-how-to-prepare-adalu-beans-and.html?m=1

Are you from "Ebu" ? Adalu is one of ........ Delicacy!
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by buffalowings: 12:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
Madam you dey stingy o

3 tablespoons of palm oil?

Which kind wahala be this

These measurements no make sense o

And I was thinking of making you my wife sad angry

2 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by Talk2Bella(f): 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
grin one litre of water for beans and corn
lool

7 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by kpaofame: 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
nice

My mum prepared this while i was a kid...just twice or thrice

Have been planning on trying it myself grin grin grin grin
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by Jabioro: 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Thistrend,i don't know why you are still doing this to me instead of you prepared the Adalu for me this morning you choose to do it for nairaland.. ..my saliva dey vex..
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by jobbers: 12:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
my wife knows nothing.this is my best meal
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) by tonylaw07(m): 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
Experimenting this tonight. Chai good old days

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

For How Long Can I Preserve Pap (ogi) ? / Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones / What Was Your Childhood Food Fantasy? (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.