Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Effect Of Consuming Aflatoxin Contaminated Maize ( Food Crops ) Olusola Agoro - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Effect Of Consuming Aflatoxin Contaminated Maize ( Food Crops ) Olusola Agoro (653 Views)

My Ordeal With Fulani Herdsmen In Oyo North, Oyo State – Olusola Agoro / 10 Most Profitable Cash Crops In Nigeria / Using DI Grow Organic Fertilizer To Grow Aflatoxin Free Maize- Sola Agoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Effect Of Consuming Aflatoxin Contaminated Maize ( Food Crops ) Olusola Agoro by Farmersforum: 11:49am On Jun 05, 2017
Aflatoxin, a dangerous toxin found in maize and groundnuts. Aflatoxin is a potent human carcinogen found primarily in tropical and subtropical regions and is a major food contaminant toxic to many animal species.

Aflatoxins may cause immune system suppression, growth retardation, liver cancer, or death in humans and livestock.  Furthermore, the negative health effects of aflatoxin are slow and gradual, making it difficult to promote the negative health impact to resource-poor farmers.

Highly toxic metabolites produced by Aspergillus flavus and related fungi
• Most toxic compounds found in nature
• The fungus infects crops and produces aflatoxins in field and/or storage conditions
• Maize and groundnut are amongst the susceptible crops
• Contamination possible without visible signs of the fungus
• Impact on health and tradeHumans
www.iita.org I www.cgiar.org
Aflatoxin producers
B
Aspergillus flavus

(1) (Reply)

The Nutritional Value Of Snails / HELP! My Broilers Keeps Dying Every Day / How A University Graduate Abandoned Certificate 2 Make Money From Rabbit Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.