Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,201 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:32 AM

"It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal (16589 Views)

Controversy Over Governor Yahaya Bello’s Coronavirus Status / Kogi West: Yahaya Bello Reacts To Dino Melaye’s Sack By Appeal Court / Governor Yahaya Bello Sprays Money On Passersby At Gwagwalada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by engineerboat(m): 7:44pm On Jun 05, 2017
Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello’s name has disappeared from the voters’ register after being accused of double registration.

Bello’s name has been delisted, but the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has a photograph showing how he was registered at the Government House, Lokoja.

The commission has raised an investigative committee to unravel the “mystery surrounding the alleged double registration by the governor”.

INEC alleged that the governor first registered in Abuja in January 2011 and reregistered on May 23, 2017 at the Government House, Lokoja.

But the governor on Friday said his ghost might have been registered by INEC because he was away in Dubai when he was said to have registered again.

As INEC tried to ascertain the true position of the governor’s registration status, a fresh problem has cropped up.

It was learned that INEC established that some of its staff were deployed in the Government House for Continuous Voters Registration (CVR) of the governor. The state has denied that it took place.

It was gathered that although the commission had the photograph of the governor’s registration, it could not trace any Yahaya Bello on its CVR list for May 23, 2017.

A source, who spoke in confidence said: “The INEC management has raised an investigative team to look at the controversy over the allegation of double registration by the governor.

“It is, however, curious that the investigation has assumed a new dimension. The commission has the photograph of the registration of the governor but his name is not on the list of the CVR for that day in question. The name has disappeared.”

INEC is probing the following issues:

Was there any CVR on May 23 at the Government House, Lokoja?
Who was registered?
How did the INEC team come about the photograph of the registration showing the governor?
How was the name of the registrant (Yahaya Bello) de-listed from the INEC register? and
Who were those behind the de-listing?

“Certainly, it is now our words against the governor. This is a mystery we need to unravel. The governor said our team might have registered his ghost. The onus is on us to present the evidence, including our register,” the source said, adding:

“But we got information before we issued an official statement on the governor’s double registration.

“INEC is suspecting foul play by some of its staff. We hope they are not dragging the commission into the dirty politics of Kogi State again.

“If we are able to establish any shady deals, those concerned will be sanctioned. They may be dismissed from service.”

INEC, speaking through its National Commissioner and chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee (IVEC), Prince Solomon Soyebi, first raised the alarm over the governor’s alleged double registration.

He said: “It has come to the attention of INEC that Governor Bello of Kogi State registered as a voter for the second time on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 in Government House, Lokoja, the state capital.

”His first registration was on January 30, 2011 in Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.

”The governor’s double registration and doing so outside lNEC’s designated centres are both illegal.

”We wish to make it clear that no INEC staff was authorised by the commission to re-register him or any citizen or to do so outside our designated CVR centres.”

Speaking after praying at the Presidential Villa mosque on Friday, Bello said: “I travelled on 19th to Dubai for a brief break and I saw the press release and I was taken aback, that I did double registration on 23rd.

“Probably it is my ghost that has done the double registration.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/why-inec-delisted-gov-bello/

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by TruthNigeria(m): 7:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
Dz FTC is dedicated to all the hustling boiz in d house

When you think of wrestling with Usain Bolt then you train with the cheetahs, Don't let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big.. You may not have a bicycle to your name today, but with focused you'll eat wt a Golden spoon #NOlove4dhoes..#chaseMoney..
#AbleGod

9 Likes

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by engineerboat(m): 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by temitope277(m): 7:49pm On Jun 05, 2017
ok
Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by engineerboat(m): 7:49pm On Jun 05, 2017
lalasticlala, abeg is this Myd44 APC Kogi governor Ghost he was referring to here

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by Evablizin(f): 9:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
Not suprised anything can happen in Naija,so it might be your walking ghost

5 Likes

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
How kogi state expect development when they voted ghost into power cheesy

28 Likes

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by Cloud007: 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
Yes it's true.....I saw the ghost too angry

15 Likes

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by HopeAlive14(m): 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
From ghost workers to ghost registration.

Naija and political comedy. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by maverickdude(m): 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
Lmao...clowns cheesy
Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by liftedhigh: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
Naija my Naija
Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by auntysimbiat(f): 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
Lol..,
Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by Edopesin: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hahahahaha Wait Wait Let Me Understand
Ur Body Went To Dubai But Ur Spirit Was Busy Re-registering For Election

Ok OOO

2 Likes

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by ivolt: 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
But it isn't your ghost that is receiving salary and bribes.

10 Likes

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by maverickdude(m): 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
liftedhigh:
O
Edopesin:
J
Simpson grin

7 Likes

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by HisSexcellency(m): 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
grin angry grin
Na wiliwili register for you, not your ghost mr governor grin

But on a serious note, there is no problem anywhere. The picture above shows the governor obviously thumbprinting, it also shows the face of the inec official who carried out the registration and even two other persons including a police officer. These persons can easily be questioned and the truth revealed in no time

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by joeanointing(m): 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
When next you are caught in an illegal act, tell them it was your body that was doing it BUT your spirit was not there.

1 Like

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by Judolisco(m): 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
Kai my Kogi has suffered

3 Likes

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by free2ryhme: 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
engineerboat:
Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello’s name has disappeared from the voters’ register after being accused of double registration.

Bello’s name has been delisted, but the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has a photograph showing how he was registered at the Government House, Lokoja.

The commission has raised an investigative committee to unravel the “mystery surrounding the alleged double registration by the governor”.

INEC alleged that the governor first registered in Abuja in January 2011 and reregistered on May 23, 2017 at the Government House, Lokoja.

But the governor on Friday said his ghost might have been registered by INEC because he was away in Dubai when he was said to have registered again.

As INEC tried to ascertain the true position of the governor’s registration status, a fresh problem has cropped up.

It was learned that INEC established that some of its staff were deployed in the Government House for Continuous Voters Registration (CVR) of the governor. The state has denied that it took place.

It was gathered that although the commission had the photograph of the governor’s registration, it could not trace any Yahaya Bello on its CVR list for May 23, 2017.

A source, who spoke in confidence said: “The INEC management has raised an investigative team to look at the controversy over the allegation of double registration by the governor.

“It is, however, curious that the investigation has assumed a new dimension. The commission has the photograph of the registration of the governor but his name is not on the list of the CVR for that day in question. The name has disappeared.”

INEC is probing the following issues:

Was there any CVR on May 23 at the Government House, Lokoja?
Who was registered?
How did the INEC team come about the photograph of the registration showing the governor?
How was the name of the registrant (Yahaya Bello) de-listed from the INEC register? and
Who were those behind the de-listing?

“Certainly, it is now our words against the governor. This is a mystery we need to unravel. The governor said our team might have registered his ghost. The onus is on us to present the evidence, including our register,” the source said, adding:

“But we got information before we issued an official statement on the governor’s double registration.

“INEC is suspecting foul play by some of its staff. We hope they are not dragging the commission into the dirty politics of Kogi State again.

“If we are able to establish any shady deals, those concerned will be sanctioned. They may be dismissed from service.”

INEC, speaking through its National Commissioner and chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee (IVEC), Prince Solomon Soyebi, first raised the alarm over the governor’s alleged double registration.

He said: “It has come to the attention of INEC that Governor Bello of Kogi State registered as a voter for the second time on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 in Government House, Lokoja, the state capital.

”His first registration was on January 30, 2011 in Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.

”The governor’s double registration and doing so outside lNEC’s designated centres are both illegal.

”We wish to make it clear that no INEC staff was authorised by the commission to re-register him or any citizen or to do so outside our designated CVR centres.”

Speaking after praying at the Presidential Villa mosque on Friday, Bello said: “I travelled on 19th to Dubai for a brief break and I saw the press release and I was taken aback, that I did double registration on 23rd.

“Probably it is my ghost that has done the double registration.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/why-inec-delisted-gov-bello/

Did his spirit registered too
Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by sergi99(m): 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
Na dis guy dem vote into power?

1 Like

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by kstyle2(m): 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
I hate to say this but I feel bayelsa, kogi, Edo and Abia state have been cursed with bad leaders. Over the years, these states have been so static that I sometimes wonder if the inhabitants of these states are educated at all. The worst must be kogi and bayelsa state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by malton: 10:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
It's either Dino paid INEC to lie against the governor or the governor paid some INEC staff to cover his tracks.

Either way, INEC is involved.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by Barrysleek(m): 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2017
Any thing is possible in Nigeria, If Dino could pull off his certificate scandal unscratched why can't Yayah do same. Fear Nigerian politicians

1 Like

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by samkay3g(m): 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2017
na wa o.so as d guy travel, im ghost just takeover

1 Like

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by Edopesin: 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2017
maverickdude:
Simpson grin
Why Everybody Dey Monitor Me Na grin Sombori Can Nor Book In Peace Again

1 Like

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by azimibraun: 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
The Man look for Ghost workers so tay him turn ghost himself....

5 Likes

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by chris4gold(m): 10:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
Watching in 3D
Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by SweetJoystick(m): 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2017
Smh politicians and reckless lies/statements

1 Like

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by HisSexcellency(m): 10:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
azimibraun:
The Man look for Ghost workers so tay him turn ghost himself....
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by yaqq: 10:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
bello is the worst governor on earth! extremely useless!

5 Likes

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by sunsplash99(m): 10:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
The Ghost governor.

Audu died u inherited his votes,

Now u've turned out to be a Ghost.

While u were away, ur ghost was busy doing d registration.

Two in one governor.

I hail u.

1 Like

Re: "It's My Ghost": Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts To Voter's’ Registration Scandal by Wolexpoly: 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2017
GHOST INDEED....WHERE WAS HE WHEN THE INNITIAL ALLEGATION WAS RAISED....AFTER HE DON SETTLE INEC STAFF FINISH HE HIS SAYIN IT HIS GHOST.......MR BELLO U WILL BE IMPEACHED INSHA ALLAH.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘2019 Election Will Be The Easiest For President Buhari’ – Festus Keyamo / EFCC Arrests Party Agent With Over N1.2m, Another With N300k In Borno / Buhari Removes Mamora, Bugaje And Tallen From New Ambassadorial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.