Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Why Do You Believe That A God Exists, & Why Is YOUR God(s) The One TRUE God(s)? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Believe That A God Exists, & Why Is YOUR God(s) The One TRUE God(s)? (549 Views)

Your Creators [(religions' God(s)]are Multi-dimensional Humanoid Aliens. / Who Is The One True God? / What Reasons Made You Start Doubting Religion(s) And Then God(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Believe That A God Exists, & Why Is YOUR God(s) The One TRUE God(s)? by CyrusTheGreat: 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Question in the title.

It is quite clear that Nigeria, along with other West African nations like Ghana, is one of the most religious countries on planet earth. There are huge swathes of people in Nigeria, not many of them educated might I add, who are devout Christians and devout Muslims. Many genuinely believe that prayer has powers, many genuinely believe in miracles and in witch-doctor sorcery. Many believe in Shariah law. Atheists are few and far between, and those who come out as atheist or agnostic in Nigeria can face rejection from their families and friends, abuse or even murder (In fact, in Nigeria's northern Shariah states, atheism and apostacy is punishable by death)! Needless to say, there is a lot of zealous and extreme faith in religion and the divine in this former British Colony.

As someone who comes from a country with one of the least religious populations on Earth, this is very alien. It's really surreal to argue with someone who machineguns Bible verses at you as "proof" of their deity and religion, or someone who thinks that making bizarre mathematical comparisons between sentence lengths in the Quran "proves" that it was a text written by Allah since the dawn of time, or someone who thinks that their shoes being on the floor in a room they were looking for shoes in is "proof" that god is performing miracles for them.

So to the people who do believe that a god exists, and that their god, yahweh, allah, elih, elohim, krishna, ifa, egyptian pantheon, mother goddess, etc. Is the one true god (or are the one true gods), I have only one question. Why?
Re: Why Do You Believe That A God Exists, & Why Is YOUR God(s) The One TRUE God(s)? by Afonjashapmouth: 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2017
Agent of confusion listen.. God never employ anybody to defend him or his existence but win souls from doing evils to Love. What ever way anybody chooses to carry out their worships their business. One question for your ass. If you people dont believe in the supreme being why are you interested in seeking answers endlessly from believers I thought nobody ever care about the color or shape of air cos we cant see but can only feel it. We r wiser than your old tricks of confusion.
Re: Why Do You Believe That A God Exists, & Why Is YOUR God(s) The One TRUE God(s)? by CyrusTheGreat: 8:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
Agent of confusion listen.. God never employ anybody to defend him or his existence but win souls from doing evils to Love. What ever way anybody chooses to carry out their worships their business. One question for your ass. If you people dont believe in the supreme being why are you interested in seeking answers endlessly from believers I thought nobody ever care about the color or shape of air cos we cant see but can only feel it. We r wiser than your old tricks of confusion.

So you are claiming that you can feel with your senses that a god exists? That's curious because in all the years I've been alive I have never been able to sense a supposed divine being even once, and neither has any credible peer-reviewed avenue of science or history. How can you be sure that this god actually exists beyond the realm of your belief? And how can you tell whether or not your god is the right god?

Please, if you're not interested in seriously answering the topic question then please don't bother posting. If anything, you're the real agent of confusion because you want people not to discuss this topic. If you can't even offer an explanation as to why you believe, then your words carry absolutely zero weight.
Re: Why Do You Believe That A God Exists, & Why Is YOUR God(s) The One TRUE God(s)? by Afonjashapmouth: 8:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
CyrusTheGreat:

So you are claiming that you can feel with your senses that a god exists? That's curious because in all the years I've been alive I have never been able to sense a supposed divine being even once, and neither has any credible peer-reviewed avenue of science or history. How can you be sure that this god actually exists beyond the realm of your belief? And how can you tell whether or not your god is the right god?

Please, if you're not interested in seriously answering the topic question then please don't bother posting. If anything, you're the real agent of confusion because you want people not to discuss this topic. If you can't even offer an explanation as to why you believe, then your words carry absolutely zero weight.

Oh you feel offended Ehhya. Ask God for revelation if ypu truly want to seek and know him and not poke people indirectly, hiding under the umbrella of atheism. From your response I can deduce you have a higher level of conviction that there is God but your confused self want to penetrate the crowd with a tricky question. BTW can you share your growing up and what you were born into because you said since you have been alive (90% of Nigerians given birth to here have a religion) so whats the lie?? That you were born a free thinker Tell us your pain about God please and we might have just what you need to know

(1) (Reply)

Pastor, Eucharia Anunobi Comes For Pastor Who Sent A Disciple To Start A Church / 65th Annual Convention 2017 ( Plenary Session 5) Jericho Wall Must Fall / My Observations In The North For The First Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.