Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? (52286 Views)

My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor / When Your Boyfriend Is Giving You Tough Competition(pics) / "If My Boyfriend Is Broke, I Will Cheat On Him" - Nigerian Lady Explains Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2017
There is this friend of mine, she's still a student, she has a steady boyfriend whom she loves but is broke, but there has been this persistent toaster on her case who is financially buoyant. My friend has not had a laptop and phone for quite a while cos hers was stolen a while ago, and these things are necessary to read with in her school. Her parents said they weren't getting any gadgets for her again cos the last laptop they bought was also stolen when raiders came to the reading rooms in her school. Her parents are also against her doing business in school as they think it would disrupt her studies?p.
She told this her steady boyfriend that she needs a phone and not an expensive one, i think she asked for a techno about five months ago, but her boyfriend kept telling her he would get with no show, he didn't give her a gift on valentine even though she got him one cos he forgot and didn't have money.
A month ago, her boyfriend moved to a new apartment. She feels he should be settled first before she reminds him about the phone.

Yesterday, she called me and told me that the persistent toaster just got her a phone. She doesn't know what type but he said he noticed she didnt have a phone and she wasnt on whatsapp. He said it was a gift for her with no strings attached.
Our question is this, should she collect the phone, even though she doesnt really like the guy? If she does and her boyfriend sees it should she say she got it from another guy? Wont it lead to issues in their relationship?
Would really appreciate your wise and helpful comments? No insults please?

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by awonwerey: 10:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
Anybody who boils hot water should be ready to do EBA angry

Once she don collect the gadget, she should be ready to drop pant or get married to the dude undecided

Over and out

640 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
She loves her boyfriend but she loves nice things more. It's clear to see who is going to be the focus of her attention and it's not her soon to be ex-boyfriend.

155 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 05, 2017
Lol. How much u go pay for advice

Theres only on step between been a virtuous lady and a covetous one.

First, toaster and suitor are not same. She needs to know where she's going. I toast girls regularly, but asking for their hand in marriage is a serious deal. A true lover would not use money/gift to get you.

She claims she truly loves her bf and she could not introduce her bf to d guy...see wuruwuru sense o

Well in my personal view, i do not see her ending up with either of them. Its not a curse, its whats gonna happen...she's covetous...

226 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by StPete: 11:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
You obviously know that you're going to collect the phone. You're just looking for every means to justify it. I can already picture the guy fucking ur brains out...good luck

208 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by samyfreshsmooth(m): 11:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
Would have loved to drop an advice but it seems uve already called the people u need that from

so am fvcking not gonna say anything and just walk out while you wait for dem advice

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by firstking01(m): 11:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Well, let her inform her bf about the phone first before collecting it...

If the bf insist that she shouldn't collect it then he should be ready to get her a new phone asap, but even at this i 've not seen anywhere it is written that a guy "must" replace his gf's phone when she misplaced it.

After all the both of them are students and are still solely dependent on their parents financially.

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 05, 2017
Accepting gifts from an admirer when you are in a relationship is not healthy!. The common ideologue amidst men is "You get a woman to date you by showering gifts on her. And in all honesty, this idea isn't completely false. Simply Put, Your friend's "suitor" has obvious intentions behind his generosity. And your friend is giving in already.

Your friend will have to choose between"the phone" and her "boyfriend" . Whatever her choice would be, she should make the selection quick. The said broke guy should know his fate already!

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by iweecureyou: 11:22pm On Jun 05, 2017
funmisticqueen:
There is this friend of mine, she's still a student, she has a steady boyfriend whom she loves but is broke, but there has been this persistent toaster on her case who is financially buoyant. My friend has not had a laptop and phone for quite a while cos hers was stolen a while ago, and these things are necessary to read with in her school. Her parents said they weren't getting any gadgets for her again cos the last laptop they bought was also stolen when raiders came to the reading rooms in her school. Her parents are also against her doing business in school as they think it would disrupt her studies?p.
She told this her steady boyfriend that she needs a phone and not an expensive one, i think she asked for a techno about five months ago, but her boyfriend kept telling her he would get with no show, he didn't give her a gift on valentine even though she got him one cos he forgot and didn't have money.
A month ago, her boyfriend moved to a new apartment. She feels he should be settled first before she reminds him about the phone.

Yesterday, she called me and told me that the persistent toaster just got her a phone. She doesn't know what type but he said he noticed she didnt have a phone and she wasnt on whatsapp. He said it was a gift for her with no strings attached.
Our question is this, should she collect the phone, even though she doesnt really like the guy? If she does and her boyfriend sees it should she say she got it from another guy? Wont it lead to issues in their relationship?
Would really appreciate your wise and helpful comments? No insults please?
Cc
seun
lalasticlala
isilove
safiaa
bumbae1
lefulefu
dingbang
iamairforce1
tosyne2much
amarabae
Bebe pliss carn u reeds dis ur nurnsense fur mee pliss(I have transiformer in case u arr need to eat ur head)angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
funmisticqueen:
There is this friend of mine, she's still a student, she has a steady boyfriend whom she loves but is broke, but there has been this persistent toaster on her case who is financially buoyant.

FAIL #1
If she indeed "really" loved her bf, she wouldn't have noticed that foolish stranger, hoping to crawl with her (aka a gal already dating someone).... Sadly, a gal "really" in love with her bf would have shut this fool down out of RESPECT for her man/relationship.

My friend has not had a laptop and phone for quite a while cos hers was stolen a while ago, and these things are necessary to read with in her school. Her parents said they weren't getting any gadgets for her again cos the last laptop they bought was also stolen when raiders came to the reading rooms in her school. Her parents are also against her doing business in school as they think it would disrupt her studies?p.

FAIL #2
Why would a woman expect from her broke BF what her broke parents can't offer her?!

FAIL #3
Here she is, now looking for "excuses" to crawl and sell herself to generous foolish stranger.... Valentine bla bla bla. Her man is broke and has bigger priorities than her in his life... Is that too difficult for that "supposed" in love babe to understand?!

FAIL #4
Why didn't she also reminded her parents that she was in need?! Or did she now decided that her financial problems are "solely" bf issues?

FAIL #5
A gal that is "supposedly" in love would never disrespect her union/bf by accepting gifts from someone who wants to fukc her. Is that what she plans to do when her husband may get in financial trouble in the future?! Her actions shows the "type" of woman she is.

Our question is this, should she collect the phone, even though she doesnt really like the guy?

FAIL #6
Should this question even be asked?! Not only it is an insult to her struggling broke bf, it is also a sad act making her look cheap... No man want such woman by their side.

If she does and her boyfriend sees it should she say she got it from another guy?

FAIL #7
So she isn't that stupid, and knows that getting a phone from a stranger is wrong then?! Why would she lie if she thought her actions were RIGHT?!
Here Is a clue:there will always be a richer dude out there offering "better bigger" gifts.

Wont it lead to issues in their relationship

FINAL FAIL
Not understanding that this sole act would be the beginning of the end for their r/ship

298 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by tosyne2much(m): 12:02am On Jun 06, 2017
This is a tale of lady with long throat. A tale of a daughter of Jezebel

When a dude created a thread yesterday tagging ladies potential "chop and clean mouth", we could see how aggrandized the ladies were

Even a kid knows that it's highly unhealthy to be in a relationship and still be receiving gifts from other interested male suitors for whatever reason (especially something that your bf cannot afford to buy for you)

How do you think the guy would feel when he sees another guy taking up his responsibility? Which guy feels comfortable with that?

I mean who works in Skye Bank and goes to demand for his salary at GTB?

Girls of this generation are easy to trap down to perform rituals

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by amokeme(f): 12:08am On Jun 06, 2017
The "story" is even somehow. But let me go by it.
1. How will your parents(or her own, whichever one) be comfortable that their daughter is in school and doesn't have a phone and refuse to do nothing about it? How do they communicate then? And the laptop(not everyone in the university have a laptop, and they don't fail because of that)

2. I don't know about you(or her) I can't put my man in a situation where he will be ridiculed either silently or directly by other guys or toasters at that. Just because my parents can not get me a phone., your boyfriend is not mandated to buy you a phone because that's not his responsibility. But if he gets it for you, fine, but let it be out of the goodness of his heart and not because you feel you are entitled to it because you are dating him.

3. I think she is already getting carried away by the gifts the toaster is going to shower her with if she eventually starts dating him. Because now she is talking about her boyfriend not giving her valentine gift. Valentine that was since February o, she will has that in mind.

I don't want to say she has longer throat. But collecting something from a toaster she claims not to "really" like(that means she likes him small) that you can't afford or your parents can't get for you for reasons best know to them(because they should provide everything you need since they don't want you doing any business while in school) is clearly disrespecting yourself and your relationship and is not worth it if you truly love your boyfriend as you say. Because she is already asking for advise to lie or not.. and unfortunately, there will be trouble either way.

She knows the right thing to do, so she should try to overcome the longer throat and save herself from wahala and guilt

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 06, 2017
He obviously has his motives for buying her gifts and by accepting them from him she would be going along with his plan.

5 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Olanrefront3355(m): 12:58am On Jun 06, 2017
I'm so surprised everyone has same opinion on this.....

OP, I hope your supposed "friend" sees these comments.

#Iyanu_Mashele.

6 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Lewaluv(f): 2:07am On Jun 06, 2017
Do not accept the phone if you love/respect ur boyfriend. What if the tables were turned. How would you feel?

12 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 2:26am On Jun 06, 2017
Please at least use glasses or enrol for adult education, only they can help you read the nonsense especially with your poor use of english cos even falz and jenifa write better than this. Please dont quote me if you can't read it, it is plain insulting.
iweecureyou:
Bebe pliss carn u reeds dis ur nurnsense fur mee pliss(I have transiformer in case u arr need to eat ur head)angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 2:28am On Jun 06, 2017
Thanks she has, i thought i was the only one with the same point of view.
Olanrefront3355:
I'm so surprised everyone has same opinion on this.....

OP, I hope your supposed "friend" sees these comments.

#Iyanu_Mashele.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 2:34am On Jun 06, 2017
What is the probability that yhu will end up marrying ya boyfwend or he will end up marrying yhu?

About d gift, wah z my own consign [concern]

Life z too short, to bother my head with another persons problem

7 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 06, 2017
Lol, you even miss road sef
samyfreshsmooth:
Would have loved to drop an advice but it seems uve already called the people u need that from

so am fvcking not gonna say anything and just walk out while you wait for dem advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Originalsly: 4:02am On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:

My friend has not had a laptop and phone for quite a while cos hers was stolen a while ago, and these things are necessary to read with in her school. Her parents said they weren't getting any gadgets for her again cos the last laptop they bought was also stolen when raiders came to the reading rooms in her school. Her parents are also against her doing business in school as they think it would disrupt her studies?p.
This your friend has been without phone or laptop for quite a while..... months... and you are saying it is necessary?...however she was managing... why can't she continue? So far, her parents bought her at least two laptops.... both no longer in her possession... both really stolen?...or is she selling them?
The toaster...actions speak louder than words.... she has already bitten the bait...it's only a matter of time before she is reeled in. Two blind mice.

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by konkonbilo(m): 4:15am On Jun 06, 2017
The guy de bring shukushuku come shuk her later cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 06, 2017
Concerning the stealing thing, its true, cos i schooled in that school too. The school is located near a slum and it gives the riffraff there ideas. Raids are common at night when students are reading at night. Like a year ago, the thieves wore labcoat, came with guns and robbed all the doctors there. It is just recently security is improving. You are free to guess the school.

My friend was managing with an old laptop of mine, that was what she used to do her project before it finally crashed. She has been borrowing but people have begun to give her bad eye whenever she comes to borrow.

As for the boyfriend, he promised her a phone, shouldnt he fulfil it?
Originalsly:

This your friend has been without phone or laptop for quite a while..... months... and you are saying it is necessary?...however she was managing... why can't she continue? So far, her parents bought her at least two laptops.... both no longer in her possession... both really stolen?...or is she selling them?
The toaster...actions speak louder than words.... she has already bitten the bait...it's only a matter of time before she is reeled in. Two blind mice.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 06, 2017
Girls are scums

They always putting men in tight angles. Why demand from a broke boyfriend what your broke parents can't afford?

They always look for excuses to justify their greed and 'hoeism'

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by fastgyal(f): 9:26am On Jun 06, 2017
I don't accept gifts from guys I don't love. if I don't love I simply ask you to take your gifts back. don't extort people because they love you, Karma will surely come back and haunt you.

18 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by repogirl(f): 9:26am On Jun 06, 2017
Let her do what her mind tells her to do. Is the boyfriend engaged to her that she is carrying him on top her head like gele? Its not even his place to get her a phone, but since he promised and cant fulfil it, she can take from the one who is offering. Shebi he said no strings attached.
If he now wants to attach the strings, she can return his phone to him.

Then again she can save up for her phone. These days a good phone can do most of the work that a PC does. In my time, there was a way I used to hike the prices of things and make up bogus fees to pay, to get extra money wink, lol. (No be me send you o angry ).

Finally, She is still in school ..boys are not her priority. SHE should be her own priority. All this skool boyfriend tinz sef.

But isnt it funny that she is more concerned about what her boyfriend would think and not what her parents would think when she gets a phone they didnt buy for her?

23 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by SalamRushdie: 9:27am On Jun 06, 2017
I hope she knows the rule of handset which is ." If you collect handset from a man you must also drop legset him oo"

12 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by yeyeboi(m): 9:27am On Jun 06, 2017
Ok
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by analsexqueen(f): 9:27am On Jun 06, 2017
Pass them to me

2 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by adorablevic: 9:29am On Jun 06, 2017
if I say something now, they will say I love money too much
tell her to follow her heart,cos no matter what she does people will surely talk...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by pocohantas(f): 9:29am On Jun 06, 2017
Phone that her parents can't buy for her, she is demanding from an innocent young man? A student like her?
She is not okay.

Now the guy can't afford it, not like it's his duty to...she wants to collect from another guy. I hope this isn't how she'll be collecting things her husband can't afford from other men.
Your friend is a greedy girl, and it won't stop after marriage.
She'll always find a way to justify her greed!!!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 06, 2017
"He said it was a gift for her with no strings attached."

- Have you heard of Greek gift? The type that APC gave to Nigerians..

Gerrahoutofhere fast angry angry angry

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

She Just Wanted My Body! God Why? What Do I Do? / Dealing With Teenage Girls Can Be So Frustrating! / Man Grabs His Bride's Butt In Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.