Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? (52306 Views)

My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor / When Your Boyfriend Is Giving You Tough Competition(pics) / "If My Boyfriend Is Broke, I Will Cheat On Him" - Nigerian Lady Explains Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 06, 2017
Honestly, Against popular opinion.

I will advise that your friend dumps his boyfriend and go with the toaster. You know why?

Because this will happen eventually. Sooner or later. No need to beat around the bush.

She wants money. He doesn't have. She moves on. Life goes on.

7 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by austinoeze(m): 9:48am On Jun 06, 2017
This is just a test life has for her... I'll advice she turn down the offer nicely and explain to the suitor if he demands an explanation. Better things are yet to come, someday she tell the story to her kids and it'll inspire them... For true loyalty is one virtue that shouldn't be exchanged for anything
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by awa(m): 9:48am On Jun 06, 2017
Come this Poster, you think we are small Children here abi?

Stop this kind of thing now and collect the phone.
You shouldn't use your friend as case study but just tell us what you are facing jareee

3 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by babapressy(m): 9:48am On Jun 06, 2017
Integrity
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by jonkay45(m): 9:48am On Jun 06, 2017
Daughter of eve....why you and you friend want to justify your action by seeking for our opinion...You are born to collect even your first great mother collect from the devil. Collect and shame the devil, our advice is irrelevant here. tongue wink grin

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 06, 2017
This is a major reason why it's quite hard to fight HIV in this part of the world. #non contentment#. If you don't love the broke dude, leave him already. Don't go get infected with HIV and infect the poor dude too.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Ramos16(m): 9:49am On Jun 06, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

FAIL #1
If she indeed "really" loved her bf, she wouldn't have noticed that foolish stranger, hoping to crawl with her (aka a gal already dating someone).... Sadly, a gal "really" in love with her bf would have shut this fool down out of RESPECT for her man/relationship.

FAIL #2
Why would a woman expect from her broke BF what her broke parents can't offer her?!

FAIL #3
Here she is, now looking for "excuses" to crawl and sell herself to generous foolish stranger.... Valentine bla bla bla. Her man is broke and has bigger priorities than her in his life... Is that too difficult for that "supposed" in love babe to understand?!

FAIL #4
Why didn't she also reminded her parents that she was in need?! Or did she now decided that her financial problems are "solely" bf issues?

FAIL #5
A gal that is "supposedly" in love would never disrespect her union/bf by accepting gifts from someone who wants to fukc her. Is that what she plans to do when her husband may get in financial trouble in the future?! Her actions shows the "type" of woman she is.

FAIL #6
Should this question even be asked?! Not only it is an insult to her struggling broke bf, it is also a sad act making her look cheap... No man want such woman by their side.

FAIL #7
So she isn't that stupid, and knows that getting a phone from a stranger is wrong then?! Why would she lie if she thought her actions were RIGHT?!
Here Is a clue:there will always be a richer dude out there offering "better bigger" gifts.

FINAL FAIL
Not understanding that this sole act would be the beginning of the end for their r/ship

You are truly wise sire, you are your fathers son, like some other commenter said, she is just looking for justification, I have seen situations like this a lot and in all of them the party involved ended up losing both lovers and got worse in some cases, not seen one that ended well.

2 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 06, 2017
2dugged:
A phone is just too meager to put her relationship in jeopardy over ,but if it was a ring, I would have given another advice.personally I dont believe any guy will give a Lady any thing with no strings attached, and atleast not in this country, so she should have her mind prepared

Ahn ahn who told you. Remember what I promised you with no string attached . shebi I fulfilled my promise to you. cheesy
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Infoay: 9:50am On Jun 06, 2017
The incoming guy has his plans working out successfully if 'your friend' accept that gift. If she is truly in love with the 'broke guy' she should act with caution. I understand that it may not be easy to turn down such gift esp when it is a necessity, but that is one of the true test of friendship. Tomorrow remain pregnant even to Prophet T.B. Joshua. Thanks!
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by DonCortino: 9:51am On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:
There is this friend of mine, she's still a student, she has a steady boyfriend whom she loves but is broke, but there has been this persistent toaster on her case who is financially buoyant. My friend has not had a laptop and phone for quite a while cos hers was stolen a while ago, and these things are necessary to read with in her school. Her parents said they weren't getting any gadgets for her again cos the last laptop they bought was also stolen when raiders came to the reading rooms in her school. Her parents are also against her doing business in school as they think it would disrupt her studies?p.
She told this her steady boyfriend that she needs a phone and not an expensive one, i think she asked for a techno about five months ago, but her boyfriend kept telling her he would get with no show, he didn't give her a gift on valentine even though she got him one cos he forgot and didn't have money.
A month ago, her boyfriend moved to a new apartment. She feels he should be settled first before she reminds him about the phone.

Yesterday, she called me and told me that the persistent toaster just got her a phone. She doesn't know what type but he said he noticed she didnt have a phone and she wasnt on whatsapp. He said it was a gift for her with no strings attached.
Our question is this, should she collect the phone, even though she doesnt really like the guy? If she does and her boyfriend sees it should she say she got it from another guy? Wont it lead to issues in their relationship?
Would really appreciate your wise and helpful comments? No insults please?

What dafuck do you mean by. ' he is broke'? angry
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by egorov(m): 9:51am On Jun 06, 2017
I'll like to correct a point there, her bf isn't broke. He's just a.student who I think still depends on his parents.

I always tell guys, its not a must for you to date when u know u are not ok enough to do certain things for this our generation girls, so as to avoid heartbreak, disappointments, insults, demeaning etc. If u must fukc, find ur way around it, maybe u get on a fling with someone and use ur dikc and not ur heart or emotions.

This said bf will be heavily broken if this girl accepts the gift. He will feel cheated, betrayed, insulted. It might kill his ego and self esteem, and there's nothing the girl can say or do or use to prove that the rich dude hasn't eaten some cookies.

Finally, its her choice, she can either accept d gift which she needs and be ready to face the effects on her relationship, or rather reject it, enjoy her relationship and wait till she, or her bf, or her parents can afford d gadgets for her.

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Melonny(m): 9:53am On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:
There is this friend of mine, she's still a student, she has a steady boyfriend whom she loves but is broke, but there has been this persistent toaster on her case who is financially buoyant. My friend has not had a laptop and phone for quite a while cos hers was stolen a while ago, and these things are necessary to read with in her school. Her parents said they weren't getting any gadgets for her again cos the last laptop they bought was also stolen when raiders came to the reading rooms in her school. Her parents are also against her doing business in school as they think it would disrupt her studies?p.
She told this her steady boyfriend that she needs a phone and not an expensive one, i think she asked for a techno about five months ago, but her boyfriend kept telling her he would get with no show, he didn't give her a gift on valentine even though she got him one cos he forgot and didn't have money.
A month ago, her boyfriend moved to a new apartment. She feels he should be settled first before she reminds him about the phone.

Yesterday, she called me and told me that the persistent toaster just got her a phone. She doesn't know what type but he said he noticed she didnt have a phone and she wasnt on whatsapp. He said it was a gift for her with no strings attached.
Our question is this, should she collect the phone, even though she doesnt really like the guy? If she does and her boyfriend sees it should she say she got it from another guy? Wont it lead to issues in their relationship?
This one weak me o.. the question that should be asked is:
-Prior to this, does the boyfriend give her gifts or things; Would she consider him a stingy guy?
Although, I wouldn't blame him for his failure to get his girlfriend a phone for 5 months because he was committed to getting a new apartment.
My opinion, she should accept the phone and feel on top of the world with it!
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Kebreal92(m): 9:54am On Jun 06, 2017
SINCE I WAS BORN AND PROBABLY TILL THE DAY I WOULD DIE... THERE HAS NEVA BEEN ANY SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE.
WELL,THE NAMES OF THE ADVISORS WERE ALREADY MENTION,IF NOT I HAD ALOT OF EXPERIENCE TO SHARE ON THIS.
OVER TO THE GUY BELLOW ME...
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Doctorfitz: 9:55am On Jun 06, 2017
Not ur friend but u. Truth dey bitter.

Wetin ur parents no fit buy u u dey ask bf to buy. Long throat kee u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 06, 2017
cruchenuti:

Ahn ahn who told you. Remember what I promised you with no string attached . shebi I fulfilled my promise to you. cheesy
let's all stop kidding ourselves, a guy telling you "no stings attached " is like making a chicken your pet, it will still end up in your stomach
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:

Your friend or you? stop the lie jare. Collect the gift since you stated here that the guy said 'No String Attached'. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by AuroraB(f): 9:56am On Jun 06, 2017
Everyone has become a saint on this?
She needs a phone, someone got her one. Do you all know how it feels without a phone?
If she accepts it doesn't mean she will date who bought it angry. Haha! That person may not be the 'I must get her' kinda man sad

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 06, 2017
2dugged:
let's all stop kidding ourselves, a guy telling you "no stings attached " is like making a chicken your pet, it will still end up in your stomach

Hahaha. Lmao you are right

By the way, We are all just wasting our time commenting. I am pretty sure she has collected the phone already. No time oh. Na who no like better thing grin

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nicepoker(m): 9:59am On Jun 06, 2017
op u are the victim. not your friend.

3 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 06, 2017
AuroraB:
She needs a phone, someone got her one. Do you all know how it feels without a phone?
If she accepts it doesn't mean she will date who bought it angry. Haha! That person may not be the 'I must get her' kinda man sad

Hahaha madam. I like you jare. You are chop and clean mouth type. In fact I have a phone for you.

2 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 06, 2017
firstking01:
If the bf insist that she shouldn't collect it then he should be ready to get her a new phone asap

Really?

Even her parents refuse to get one for her. So it now falls on the boyfriend. For what reason exactly?

Tomorrow now you hear this girl complaining that the guy only just wanted s*x from her. What do you expect when you expect him to take you as his responsibility?

So you think he will go through all this headache, thinking of how to please you only for you to tell him you love him so much. It is a known fact that tomorrow that feeling you think you have for him may die and everyone go bear him father name. So you expect him to lose out just like that abi.

No problem.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by thunderbabs: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2017
[quote author=awonwerey post=57232129]Anybody who boils hot water should be ready to do EBA angry

Once she don collect the gadget, she should be ready to drop pant or get married to the dude undecided

Over and out [/quote

U fit use d hot water make tea na, nobb only EBA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Concerning the stealing thing, its true, cos i schooled in that school too. The school is located near a slum and it gives the riffraff there ideas. Raids are common at night when students are reading at night. Like a year ago, the thieves wore labcoat, came with guns and robbed all the doctors there. It is just recently security is improving. You are free to guess the school.

My friend was managing with an old laptop of mine, that was what she used to do her project before it finally crashed. She has been borrowing but people have begun to give her bad eye whenever she comes to borrow.

As for the boyfriend, he promised her a phone, shouldnt he fulfil it?

Is the boyfriend her father?what is it with you girls and transactional relationships?

If you want some man who will make you a kept woman, then get a sugar daddy. You women have no self respect. Does the boyfriend have a job? He is on the same fiscal level as the girl.your friend should get off her ass and work for the phone.

4 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Doctorfitz: 10:02am On Jun 06, 2017
dominique:
Start dating a Nigerian girl and you automatically start owing her money. Truer words have not been spoken about this generation of Nigerian girls. Babes, stop making yourselves liabilities to men. It's annoying. You have two hands, two legs and a brain just like your boyfriends, stop making yourselves their responsibility. Nothing wrong with gifts every now and then but expecting them to fund your lifestyle? NO NO NO!!!! I will warn my son about girls like these when he gets of age. He ain't gonna be responsible for any greedy girl's expenses, he is not her father.

Tell your friend to save up her pocket money and get herself a phone. That was exactly what I did when my phone got stolen when I was in 200 level. I literally starved myself, saved up my small change, my big sis added a little to it and I got myself a Nokia 2700 radio phone. I just can't imagine asking a guy for money or phone. It's just so absurd.

Better pikin. Nigerian girls just tire me I swear.. She's calling her bf broke and she can't get herself a phone who's more broke?

2 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 06, 2017
AuroraB:

Better to worry her parents and not some man who is hustling to make it in life.
She could be gone in a minute if a man with means comes around. Unless of course she's ready to go the whole 9 yards and give s*x for phone.

nuf said.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Doctorfitz: 10:04am On Jun 06, 2017
That's y guys will keep fvcking y'all and breaking ur hearts cos U're plain stupid and lazy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 06, 2017
cruchenuti:

Hahaha. Lmao you are right

By the way, We are all just wasting our time commenting. I am pretty sure she has collected the phone already. No time oh. Na who no like better thing grin
but the truth is , we are not even sure if her bf is even worth the sacrifice in the first place. Most guys are only humble because they are broke ,so they make do with what is available, let him hammer now,that is when he will know she is not his spec and that he prefers light skinned ladies that use 20k body cream. What ever decision she makes ,its a two way thing .
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 06, 2017
tosyne2much:
... when he sees another guy taking up his responsibility?

His responsibility as in??

Ayam not understanding. Shebi d girl still be her parents property or ...?

2 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by loswhite(m): 10:08am On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Concerning the stealing thing, its true, cos i schooled in that school too. The school is located near a slum and it gives the riffraff there ideas. Raids are common at night when students are reading at night. Like a year ago, the thieves wore labcoat, came with guns and robbed all the doctors there. It is just recently security is improving. You are free to guess the school.

My friend was managing with an old laptop of mine, that was what she used to do her project before it finally crashed. She has been borrowing but people have begun to give her bad eye whenever she comes to borrow.

As for the boyfriend, he promised her a phone, shouldnt he fulfil it?
Why cant her parents buy her phone? Nigeria the only country where you ask a girl out and u are already owing her money...smh

3 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by spill(m): 10:09am On Jun 06, 2017
amokeme:
The "story" is even somehow. But let me go by it.
1. How will your parents(or her own, whichever one) be comfortable that their daughter is in school and doesn't have a phone and refuse to do nothing about it? How do they communicate then? And the laptop(not everyone in the university have a laptop, and they don't fail because of that)

2. I don't know about you(or her) I can't put my man in a situation where he will be ridiculed either silently or directly by other guys or toasters at that. Just because my parents can not get me a phone., your boyfriend is not mandated to buy you a phone because that's not his responsibility. But if he gets it for you, fine, but let it be out of the goodness of his heart and not because you feel you are entitled to it because you are dating him.

3. I think she is already getting carried away by the gifts the toaster is going to shower her with if she eventually starts dating him. Because now she is talking about her boyfriend not giving her valentine gift. Valentine that was since February o, she will has that in mind.

I don't want to say she has longer throat. But collecting something from a toaster she claims not to "really" like(that means she likes him small) that you can't afford or your parents can't get for you for reasons best know to them(because they should provide everything you need since they don't want you doing any business while in school) is clearly disrespecting yourself and your relationship and is not worth it if you truly love your boyfriend as you say. Because she is already asking for advise to lie or not.. and unfortunately, there will be trouble either way.

She knows the right thing to do, so she should try to overcome the longer throat and save herself from wahala and guilt

I sincerely applaud your sense of judgement.
There are still good ladies here. Kudos...
A guy is broke today doesn't determine his income tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by richard870(m): 10:09am On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:

Disclaimer: my comment on this topic is more of a reality check rather than an insult

So you are willing to give yourself away because of a mobile phone....you had better think about your worth rather than the phone.

Let me tell you this... what impression do you think the guy giving you the phone would have of you leaving a guy all because of common phone?

If you can answer the above question with a clear conscience then no wahala, carry go, else your mind is no difference from that of a gold-digger!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Would A Girl Keep Her Nudes In Her Phone? - Personal Experience / Dealing With Teenage Girls Can Be So Frustrating! / When You Have Different Men Giving You Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.