Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,264 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries (30225 Views)

Why Mosquitoes Are In Love With You / Benefits Of Early Morning Sex By UNILORIN Professor, Musa Yakubu / Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by iyimide(m): 12:52pm On Jun 06, 2017
i know this prof personaly, ve3ry intelligent every unilorin alumni who has done bly 107, zly 103 or zly 101 will know Dr Ande Adeolu..
i dont dispute anything this man says because na solid stuff ...

1 Like

Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by Nickymezor(f): 1:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
Seems those lil monsters neva show am correct pepper undecided Which kind talk b this? #longggğggg hiss#
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by ostarlink: 1:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
Chai

Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by oluspicy: 1:31pm On Jun 06, 2017
Kofeso, thank you for your lectures. But idonbilivit.

Maybe its their ringtones you love,cos I hate that with passion.

Fyi...

Mosquitoes are small, midge-like flies that constitute the family Culicidae. Females of most species are ectoparasites, whose tube-like mouthparts (called a proboscis) pierce the hosts' skin to consume blood. The word "mosquito" (formed by mosca and diminutive -ito) is Spanish for "little fly". Thousands of species feed on the blood of various kinds of hosts, mainly vertebrates, including mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and even some kinds of fish. Some mosquitoes also attack invertebrates, mainly other arthropods. Though the loss of blood is seldom of any importance to the victim, the saliva of the mosquito often causes an irritating rash that is a serious nuisance. Much more serious though, are the roles of many species of mosquitoes as vectors of diseases. In passing from host to host, some transmit extremely harmful infections such as malaria, yellow fever, Chikungunya, West Nile virus, dengue fever, filariasis, Zika virus and other arboviruses, rendering it the deadliest animal family in the world.

Millions have died in past decades due to their bite. And you're telling us they are our friends.

The fear of mosquitoes is the beginning of...
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by sosonwa(f): 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
so, its better we allow it kill millions of children and gravid women every year? WHO will not even look at u twice. The disadvantages outweighs d advantage Oga. With your broad knowledge on Entomology... am highly disappointed Sir
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by Bamibor: 2:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
NeuroBoss:
The then Dr Ande was my lecturer at the University of Ilorin at the Department of Zoology. He is arguably on of the best lecture red in Unilorin and everyone loves him.

In our entomology classes, Dr Ande has always been saying this from the biological roles some of these insects play and trying to downplay their notorious acts.

My Oga is not oblivious of the harms mosquitoes have caused and are still causing.

I hope I were there, I am very sure he would have comically and intelligently proved his points.

Professor Ande is the best.

We all loved him.

Unilorin, 2011 Zoology graduate.

You're so on point. This man literally inspired me to be a lecturer. He's the best I know, he lectures like that's what he was born to do.
From my first contact with him during remedial programme in those days I was awestruck with his genial, brilliant and absolutely lovable personality.
I would buy the DVD for that inaugural lecture if I could find it. cheesy wink
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by Ogunj: 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
What Prof. has said to me is not uncommonsencical, it only needs proper scrutiny to get the wisdom in it.

1 Like

Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by nedu2000(m): 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
A documentary once started that mosquitoes has killed more people than all the wars fought on earth since the beginning of time! Prof dey crase
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by ooshinibos: 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
who approved this write up ....my God ,Naija are going Mental
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by skyblue4real(m): 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
What is this man talking about?
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by mrMeen(m): 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
veekeeijay:
lmao...you funny o
funny is when you are trying to sleep and hear phantom mosquito noises in your ear.
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by Olobitat: 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
plenty9316:
I wonder when and how this generation of youth will learn, reading has become so difficult that we hadly make sense from any nonsense.
Prof Andy is an epitome of knowledge, he decided to open our eyes to what many had not paid attention to but ney, we are getting it twisted.
He said and i quote, learn from insects and ur life shall be good.
We need to appreciate this old man for opening our eyes to what we had failed to know. Mosquitoes bite is a suvival quest and man quest to get rid of them is, so, what is d ideal?
He said, we must learn more about these creatures that are more friends than foes.
God bless Ande
God bless fliers
God bless Nigeria
I wonder o, this peeps will just pick headline only and talk, why not read through... all na survival tactics, man wants to survive, they want to survive as well.
and come to think of it insects generally have more positive economic important but we only choose to centralize on the negatives
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by franklingud(m): 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2017
So that u go dey turn mosquito for night go dey sucks blood abi?

Dem go ally with you abi?

Vampire professor. God don catch you.
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by mechanics(m): 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2017
very funny, he should tell me why was insecticide invented if we are to protect mosquitoes, prof has come again o.
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
u can open ur windows and doors down in night, but b ready for royal visitation
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by babestella: 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
Such nonsense could only be heard during the administration of a deluded dullard.

People can't even afford good food or buy anti malaria drugs you are asking them to make friends with mosquitoes and even treat them well.

I don taya
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by Nobody: 2:09am On Jun 07, 2017
He was trying to be funny.
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by Nobody: 1:35am On Jun 02, 2019
Mission accomplished. It's strong :-) undecided
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by tck2000(m): 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2019
nedu2000:
A documentary once started that mosquitoes has killed more people than all the wars fought on earth since the beginning of time! Prof dey crase
lol
Re: Mosquitoes Are Our Friends, Stop Killing Them - UNILORIN Professor Decries by LagosAirport: 5:45am On Nov 05, 2020
lucialuv1:
Lol......professor speaking like an illiterate

hello good morning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All Health Workers Can Now Be Consultants-fg / Emmanuel Oyediran, Beggar Undergoes Surgery For Colostomy Prolapse / A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.