Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,917 members, 7,802,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Tamed - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tamed (8167 Views)

Don't Let Your VOICE Be TAMED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tamed by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 06, 2017
Chapter one

"It is 1am. Won't you go home tonight?" a light skinned half unclad woman said

"Hmmn.... What did you say the time is?" Kelechi, the man she was speaking with replied

"I said 1 am. Hope your wife won't complain"

"My wife? I... Well that one" He stood from the bed and checked the clock as if cecilia his mistress was joking.

"So are you going home then?" Cecilia asked worried

" Why will i? Are you expecting someone else apart from me, ehn? you this girl" Kelechi joked touching her lightly on the cheeks

"Its been a while you slept here"

"Come on, you girl" They both laughed

"This man is not yet back...It is 2am already" the worried Brenda said..., he is not picking up too. Oh God!, its been long he stayed up this late.. The last time he said he was attacked by hoodlums, what will be his excuse now?" she said as she walked all about the sitting room

" Mummy, mummy... you are still awake" Odi said as he yawned lightly

"Its your father...I wonder where he is. I am so worried to death"

"Go to bed mom, He is a man. I am sure he is safe. Besides have you tried calling uncle Rotimi?"

" Yes i have done that... He is not picking up too"

" Stop worrying yourself mom, go to bed... Its late"

" Ok son, and you too go to bed"

" I will"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 06, 2017
Brenda did not sleep at all, She rolled round the bed worried. She prayed silently for Kelechi to be safe. She wouldn't want to lose him no matter what.

Marriage has never been easy, this was her second marriage for the records. Her first marriage ended in death, Odimma is her first husband son, the late Dr Herbert Jekanforiji.

She and herbert were university sweethearts. Their love has their friends used to say was greater than the sun although that was not true.

He was a promising young man but after six years of marriage and a child, he suddenly fell sick. Herbert that was vibrant at the hospital suddenly became pale

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 06, 2017
When his mother heard about it, she quickly rushed to their home. He was already admitted in the hospital but his mom asked for him to be discharged as she felt it was no 'ordinary disease'

"Mama, the doctor said he contracted a virus. He needs to be quarantined and checked proper...

"Hey shut up.... Just keep quiet. You and that his stupid friend Ebenezer. How am i sure you have not planned together to kill my son"

" Mama don't talk like that. I love your son and i would not watch him die just like that. We still have many years together"

"Then, let them discharge him for me. We have to do it the traditional way"

" No, No... I can't... He ll get the necessary medical attention in the hospital besides if it is money, it is there. We ll spend it. Lets just pray he ll be okay mama" Brenda said

"I have heard you oh, but... If anything 'pere' happens to my son. I wont take it funny with you"

"Everything will be okay"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tamed by crislyn(f): 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2017
Am I the first to comment? Lol. Marriages and it ups and down sha.

2 Likes

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2017
Continue....

Two weeks after this suggestion from his mother, an unfortunate thing happened. Herbert slipped into the cold hands of death. His mother blamed Brenda for her son's death and wanted to take odim from her but after the intervention of Herbert's lawyer odim was given to Brenda.

Herbert's will was read and she received the shock of her life. Her beloved sweetheart, the only man dear to her heart fathered three children with a particular nurse. Although she does not know the nurse, they had actually met before.
She vividly remembered that day and wondered how stupid she was not to discover her husband was cheating on her

She saw a woman in his office and they were both chatting so happily. She remembered the woman's face when she went up to kiss her husband.
When she asked Herbert why the woman seemed angry, he was lied saying: "women and jealousy. so you think my distant cousin will be jealous of you? for what?"
Out of love or stupidity, she forgot all about that and was still a submissive wife.

She and her son only had 25% share from her beloved property.

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
She later discovered why Herbert cheated. He was pressurised by his friends who felt it was normal

"Brother Kola, Brother Ebenezer...So you knew your friend had another woman somewhere else... Ah! Why... What did i do wrong?" Brenda cried out to them

"What are you saying Brenda? one woman is not enough for a man. We are the head ...

"Oh just shut up Brother Kola.... Only God knows what viral disease he died of...My precious Herbert"

"Brenda dear, I am sorry. Herbert never wanted to do this to you but it is not easy. You were there forming "No sex before marriage" in this age so on that fateful there we met Helen at the club. Me, i had a babe already for the night. It was only Herbert that was not occupied so we hooked them up. Ever since, he and Helen became lovers. But since he can't break up with you and Helen was understanding so...

"Ebe, its okay. Why are you telling her everything?" Kola said

"Hah, Hah,.... Eyin omo okunrin buru gan"

" Otoo, dont say that. Just dont...Herbert has gone. He left property for you. Go and start your life afresh. Ebe... Let's leave here"
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
crislyn:
Am I the first to comment? Lol. Marriages and it ups and down sha.

Abi, the story is about a woman who wants to tame her husband smiley...
I hope i complete it online, its quite long but interesting sort of
Re: Tamed by crislyn(f): 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
hinky:

Abi, the story is about a woman who wants to tame her husband smiley...
I hope i complete it online, its quite long but interesting sort of
Ah plz complete o biko...i love interesting stories and I know quiet a lot that do too, I will invite them.

2 Likes

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 07, 2017
crislyn:

Ah plz complete o biko...i love interesting stories and I know quiet a lot that do too, I will invite them.

I ll update it tonight, quite busy now
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2017

She had no choice than to start her life afresh, getting a white collar job with her degree will be risky for her sons' upbringing.
She wanted to give odimma the best and still not deprive him from mother's love.

She used the money and connections she had to open her warehouse and store.
Before long, 'Brendodi' s Supermarket and stores was the talk of the town.

Five years passed since her husband died, odi was already 10 years old, he was becoming a grown boy, a replica of his late father Herbert. She herself was getting younger as her friends used to tease her.

"Omo pupa, see how fresh you are still looking ehn. Don't you want to enjoy life again?" Tolani, her best friend asked

"Enjoy life? Am i suffering from life?" Brenda said pretending to be ignorant of her friend's point

"You don't want to date again, how old do you think you are? 50?"

"No, you don't understand. Marriage is not an easy thing. I left one few years back, entering another one as not yet come to my mind"

"My girl, Better go and marry. Give my odi siblings and a father. You are still young, just 36 and you think you are in menospause"

"Forget my matter.... How is Lanre and the twins?"

"Fine, fine"

"So about the goods you said you ll get for me, when will that be available?"

"What! Am i running away ni? My dear, don't forget what we discussed sha. Marry ehn, Look for a husband"

"Let us see"
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
Criticism and commendation are most welcomed smiley
Re: Tamed by Jasmine4(f): 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
Nice story you've got here....please continue

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2017
Before she knew it, Tola and some of their friends kept setting dates for her till one day, Rachel another friend of theirs held a party. It was a wedding anniversary for her parents.

There was a young man running around trying to carter for the guests needs, he didn't look like just any server.

"Hmmn, who is that man? Is he one of the servers?" the curious Brenda asked

Pretending not to hear what she said, Rachel asked: "Where is Odim?"

"He is with Tola's kids. You know children and play... So who is the...

"Brenda is 'tripping'..." Dehin, one of their friends said

"Who is... You girls sef"

"Actually, he was my brother's best man and a close friend i guess" Rachel said

"You don't know your brother's friends auntie" Brenda joked

"Tola must hear this oh, why are you asking who he is? Are you sure...

"Stop saying rubbish..." Brenda immediately cuts in

After the party, Rachel's brother Tobe introduced her to the young man she was admiring.

"Erm, Kcee meet Brenda, My twin sister' friend"

"Hi, nice meeting you Brenda" Kelechi said smiling

"Same"

A good healthy conversation ensued between them and immediately she felt she has found the right man.

Two years after their meeting, they got married.
Before long, Odim had three younger ones, 'Stella, Chima and Leroy'

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
Jasmine4:
Nice story you've got here....please continue

Thanks a bunch smiley
Re: Tamed by Ansasan(f): 10:17pm On Jun 07, 2017
I was here.. Weldone ma'am

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
Ansasan:
I was here.. Weldone ma'am
smiley
Re: Tamed by crislyn(f): 11:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
Wow...she remarried. Nice one dear.
Re: Tamed by crislyn(f): 11:57pm On Jun 07, 2017
iamnicer, and Hadampson come and read o.

1 Like

Re: Tamed by iamnicer: 6:01am On Jun 08, 2017
crislyn:
iamnicer, and Hadampson come and read o.

AM HERE crisly

Thanks for the invite , i came with pop corn oooo
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 08, 2017

The cock crowed twice before Brenda stood up. She had not slept all through the night and it was shown in her face.

"Good morning Mommy" Leroy said giving her a peck on the cheeks as he does every morning.

"Morning sweetheart"

"Good morning, mom..... Good morning ma" her children chorused

" How was your night, my Dearie's?"

"Fine mom"

"Mummy, i dreamt we went to Disneyland" Stella said opening her chocolate darkened white teeth

"You just want us to go on vacation there.... Don't worry i'll tell your dad"

'Where is daddy?" Chima said looking around the room

"Daddy will be back soon, .... I m going out now, tell odim to take your baths. Erm... Stella, don't forget we are going to the dentist after school"

"Ok, mommy" she replied in a sad tone

Brenda left the house in a rush and the only thing she did was brushing her teeth

When she got to her husband's office, she met only his secretary.

"Is your boss in??"

"Good morning madam, i don't think he is"

"You don't think he is?, why are you his secretary? Which other door leads to his office except this one?" Brenda said pointing to her husband office door

"Sorry ma. He is not here yet"

"Hmmmn, i will wait for him then"

"Okay" the secretary only said

She entered her husband's office looking around as if she were a detective.
Just then, she saw something fishy by his desk.
Re: Tamed by dammyluv911(f): 8:16am On Jun 08, 2017
NYC story pls more n pls make d update Long

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 08, 2017
Chapter two

"Oh my God!.... oh my good lord! What is this?" Brenda said as she held out a thin thong; Celine, Celine.... Come here now" She shouted

"Madam, what happened? You called me"

"We need to talk, sit down" She said as she threw the thong on the floor

"About what?...Ok Ma" She sat down

"Celine, please you need to tell me everything you know. My husband, how often do ladies visit him? Please tell me"

"Ma, i... I promised my boss not to say or disclose his personal affairs to anyone at all"

"Celine, you are a woman like i am. Please help me... Tell me... How frequent does he have female visitors?"

"Erm, okay. Fine, i will tell you... Mr Kelechi has had many female visitors but there is a frequent one, she is very nice and beautiful. in fact, she knows almost all the staffs....

"Ah! Kel... Kel.. and you all kept quiet about this?!"

"What could we do ma? How would you take it if you were told this by any of us? You may not believe...

"Am i cursed..." Brenda said silently

"Are you talking to me,ma?" Celine asked

"No.. No... Thank you for what you told me. Don't worry, i wont tell your boss you told me anything. You can go now"

"Okay Ma"

Brenda was helpless, she kept wondering what she did that was wrong when she was young

She felt like taking action immediately but for who? Someone she has not seen since yesterday morning.
She decided to visit her best friend Tola as that was the closest place she could think of.

"Come in, come in... What happened?" Tola immediately asked; let me go in and get you water. You look shabby"

"Ok, thank you" Brenda managed to say

"Here; handing her the glass of water, what happened bren? You look like you just fought with the devil itself"

"My friend...; she broke into tears; Tola can you imagine... Kelechi is cheating on me. Why always me? That was how Herbert did, now kel.... What is wrong with me?"

"Hmmn, this is serious oh. You are not the first person this is happening to"

"I don't think so... Look at you, happily married"

"Well, Cheating is in depth in almost every man's blood but some don't realise that till they die and women too"

"But you and Lanre...

"Lanre grew up in a very lax environment. His father kept cheating on his mother with any woman he come across even their maid"

"Serious!" Brenda exclaimed

"You see, Lanre hates men that cheats because of that and he detests such things. You rarely see my husband with his friends alone except i am with him. He knows friends can misled too"

"No wonder he was very angry when i told him about what Herbert did"

"I wonder why kcee stoop this...low"

"I can't take this anymore, if i see him i might kill him"

"Hey, take it easy oh. Look at how wrinkles are allover your face. You are thinking too much"

1 Like

Re: Tamed by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2017
Cont...

"I know what i ll truly do. I'll meet my lawyer. For every beginning, there is an end"

"Meaning? Divorce? Are you okay? See, i would help you talk to him, Lanre can be of help to"

"But...but really why do men cheat?"

"Same way some women cheat. No one is perfect"

"The ratio of men to women that cheat is 50:1, even at that if a man cheats no one sees it wrong. But if it is a woman, we have our heads on the floor"

"You know its a man's world as the saying goes"

"Stupid saying, stupid life"
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 09, 2017
Would update in d evening, quite busy at school today sad
Re: Tamed by drunkpunk(m): 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2017
hinky:
Would update in d evening, quite busy at school today sad
You had better do. We can't wait. Lets see if she's gonna change her mind and start cheating or probably get a divorce
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2017
"You have not bathed, have you?"

"No, i have not. I didn't even prepare the kids. Odim is on holiday from school. One of this days, i am sure he ll come to visit"

"Ok, Go and take your bath... Omo pupa" her friend joked

The bath was such a long one, her friend wondered if she had lost consciousness in the bathroom so she barged in to see Brenda who has not even started scrubbing as she was deep in thoughts.

"Why again am i facing this? I don't even know which is better. Knowing a man fathered a child outside the marriage after his death or knowing he is cheating on you with a woman when he is alive" Brenda was thinking, she did not even know that her friend was calling her.

Tola snatched the sponge from her which brought her back to reality.

"Don't worry, i ll take my bath soon. Just wait for me outside"

"Bren... Just look at you, you are pale. Do you want to die.. Stop thinking... Don't worry, i ll bath you"

It was as if she had not bathed in years as she felt relieved afterwards.

"Thank you dear" She told her friend.

She slept for a long time and woke up late in the afternoon.

"Bren, i prepared something light. Eat, then you can go home"

"Hmmmn, i don't even know what i will do"

"Why not tell Kcee's parent?"

"About what? That i saw female panties in their son's office and that he didn't come home throughout last night..How do you think i'll start?"

"Start anyhow,... Tell them"

"Right now?"

"No, have you called him again?"

"Nah, i forgot. Let him dial his number. Its ringing. Hello..Hello..

"What happened?"
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
chapter three

Kelechi went to his office in the afternoon, Cecilia didn't even want him to go to work if it were possible.

"Don't go"

"I need to go, i will come back tomorrow"

"Tomorrow?! Is it not far? Come tonight. I will prepare your favourite food for you"

"I have not seen my kids since yesterday ehn, Tomorrow i ll spend a night here..
I assure you"

"Ok, ... Don't go now then. Wait till 12pm. I'll miss you a lot if you go this early. It's just 10am"

"Don't worry, i'll give you some good massage my sweet pie"

"This woman is calling again" He said looking at his phone.

"If you pick it...?" Cecilia said frowning

"I'm not picking up. So where were we?" He said smiling

At the office, he discovered from the gateman that his wife came around.

He went to confront celine about it.

"She is your wife sir, that was why i allowed her in"

"Oh shut up, As far as i was not in the office no one as the right to go in there in my absence. Celine, let this be the last time this happens"

"I am sorry, sir" Celine only said head bowed low

"Sorry for yourself" He said as he went into his office

Just then, he got a call from his wife. He answered it but didn't speak this time around.
Re: Tamed by Shakyroh320(f): 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
short update,i know u can do better,cus the way u write is superb,kip it coming dear,His grace is ur strenght
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2017
Shakyroh320:
short update,i know u can do better,cus the way u write is superb,kip it coming dear,His grace is ur strenght

Thanks, typing with fone is war...
I ll try to update longer sha
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2017
Cont....

"What did he say?" Tolani asked the puszled looking Brenda

"He picked up and didn't say a word"

"Uhm, I'll go pack the dishes i made for you. Go home and rest ehn"

"I don't know how i am going to face him. What if i really kill him?

"Kill him? Ma so bee mo. How can you murder your husband? You have not caught him in the act though"

"So it is until i see him on top of a woman i should act then" Brenda said already trying to break into another cry

"Omo pupa, You want to cry again abi. stop all this. I ll get d food now, i am driving you home.... Where is your car keys?"

She got home looking dry even though she just took a bath of her life in her friend's place.

"Bren, bren... Erm... what is that pet name Herbert used to call you again" Tola said scratching her head

"Don't tease me, thanks for driving me. Do you want to come in for a while?"

"I remember!! Its your name too.. Nkem, Nkem" Tola said touching her cheeks lightly

"Stop it...You want me to laugh. I won't"

"Greet the kids for me oh. I'll take a taxi, money?!" Stretching her hands forward

"Money? You didn't take your purse with you from home? You this girl, you have not changed at all" she said handing her some money

"And you too, you haven't changed. Thanks for the cash. Its not bad helping a friend... Bye"

"Stubborn girl, greet the kids and lanre"

"And you too"

Brenda entered in, weak and tired. She barely had touched the food when she remembered her kids at school.

"Ah! I am so tired to go pick them up, and the driver travelled. I ll call odim to help"

She quickly dialed her son's number who was having a nice time with Tola's kids.

"Hello mommy"

"Hey dear, can you help me out? Are u busy now?

"Sure i can help out... I m not really busy now"

"Ok, Go and pick up your siblings. I could have gone but i am so tired"

"O.K, I wanted to see Auntie Tola. I'm with Taiwo and her twin"

"Uhm, just coming from their home and before then, can you take Stella to the dentist. She has a bad tooth"

"Alright, i ll help out"

"Thanks,bye"

Brenda entered into the kitchen to 'warm' the dish, just then her husband came in.

"Good afternoon. You came home early today"

"I heard you came to my office" Kelechi said annoyed

"Yes, Yes... I did"

"Why? Because i didn't come home last night?'

"You've answered yourself. If you would excuse me. I am cooking" Brenda said about leaving the sitting room

"Gosh, is that all you have to say? Why did you search my office?"

"You think i searched your office? Alright dear. Yes i did. Why do you look startled? Do you think i saw something i shouldn't see? You look pale" Brenda said touching his face lightly

"What do you mean by pale?"

"You look scared. Did you fight with someone? What happened?"

"Stop changing the topic. Why did you come to my office?"

"Because if this" Brenda said flashing her wedding ring

"A ring?"

"Yes, i am your wife and whatever you do at least i have a right to know"

"I'm the man"

"It doesn't matter, Last night you didn't come back home. How did you think i felt? I tried calling you. It did ring, but you did not pick up. I was worried to death. I had to go to your office. You were not expecting me to wait for you in the waiting room when i have a right to your office. What is going on kcee? What did i do wrong?"

"Next time, don't enter my office without my permission. Unless...

"Unless what?"

"Something is burning....

"Oh no... Brenda said as she rushed to d kitchen

"Look at what you've done. Try stopping the fire from reaching the sitting room"

"You are the man"

"But you caused it"
Re: Tamed by crislyn(f): 12:21am On Jun 10, 2017
Hmmmm nice one dear...men and cheating are like 5&6. Na wa o...wo, Brenda should deal with his sorry ass since he's not remorseful sef. Pls hinky what tribe is Brenda?
Re: Tamed by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 10, 2017
crislyn:
Hmmmm nice one dear...men and cheating are like 5&6. Na wa o...wo, Brenda should deal with his sorry ass since he's not remorseful sef. Pls hinky what tribe is Brenda?

Igbo but she grew up in the western Nigerian more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Extremely Appalling Poor Quality Of Writing On Literature Section. / Free Wallpaper Dwnlds: **new:chelsea, Barca, Manu, Arsenal** Updated 26/04/2008 / Frances Ogamba Wins 2019 Koffi Addo Prize For Creative Nonfiction Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.