Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. (2717 Views)

Shocking State IGR Reports Contrary To Popular Belief. / Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. / Ogun State IGR Is Higher Than The IGR Of The Entire Southeast States--obidigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by prodigy24: 10:13am On Jun 06, 2017
Before I continue, let me e-warn the afonjaites that,this is not the place for their masturbation.

Ànambra is among the very few state with more than two city states in Nigeria,where you have over 3 urban cities at different senatorial zones namely nnewi southern, awka central and Onitsha northern, they also have sub Urban's like obosi,nkpor,ogidi,nkwere,oba,ichi,nnobi ekwulobia,Nimo,Enugu ukwu etc these places house many lock up shops numbering over 500000 in general, transport companies,over 5000 hotels, 5000 to 10000 companies,numerous schools and other business outlet, over 18 radio station ,anambra also have a lot of commercial bank branches in the state, second to only Lagos.
With all these , Anambra is expected to generate 5 times what they are currently publishing,
For instance in ogidi there are over 3 international markets with over 30 thousand lock up shops, the buidlng material and the baking material market, each of this shops pay more than 20000 annually, with other fees include the permit,the tenement etc. Same goes to head bridge,to electronics international market,the ogbo efere,the ochanja,the ose, and other numerous plazas at Onitsha main market, these markets pay so much to the government,
Then to nnewi, nkwo nnewi market is the biggest automobile market in west Africa with so many importers,exporters, manufacturers etc nnewi has many companies you may not have heard of because most of their goods are not produced for Nigeria market,some are still springing up as well as the popular innoson chikason,ibeto cutix PLC that we all know, there are many other big and small companies that are into automobile fabrication, machine parts oil and gas industries, etc.
Awka on its own grow at astronomical rate the springing of hotels,eateries and rendezvous with huge nightlife, media houses as well as eke awka market too,with plazas springing up at every nook and cranny of the state,
In ekwulobia,umunze,agulu,nkpor, nsugbe ihiala all have daily market and commercial activities with hotels and some sizable medium companies littered everywhere.
However with all these things, I'm more than shock to see the ridiculous amount published by Anambra state government as their Igr,
Honestly I'm very angry now,because I know how much I pay to this confused government as my rent yet he squanders and publishes token for us,
let's do the maths, if we all calculate the number of lock up shops in anambra state, say 500000 this is on a lower side,multiply it by 20000 at least per anum plus the taxes. This alone give you 10billion.
Then, the transport compaines pay dues both loading and offloading,the number of trucks and transport companies emptying into Anambra state is second highest in the country.
Plus the hostels in many campuses in the the state,the hotels and eateries,and the Almighty companies. Wow,how can a state with all these investment report the paltry sum annually? Ndi Anambra, are we the cause or coursed.
Anambra must be better but not with obiano at all Enough is Enough. Correction is on the way

Ccl:alasticala come food don done

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by Zonacom(m): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2017
This matter needs serious investigation. Although i know collecting tax from the informal business sector (which constitutes a larger percentage of Anambra business environment) is not easy, i believe the state govt is being too economical with the truth. This is not just about voting Obiano out. How are we sure a different govt won't continue in this same line of deceit. Past govts of Ngige and Obi need to be questioned too. The lie is too much. Either the govt is not taxing the people properly, or the state govt's revenue workers are thieves or the governor himself is intentionally covering up everything for his own selfish reasons.

Atlanticbreeze, schematics, investnow2013, fko8, inyinyagbaoku, afrconji, cjrane, , anambradota, oremi22 your input is needed here.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 06, 2017
Most southern states under reports their igr. However, to what degree is what I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 06, 2017
I have been saying this for yrs, if there is a state that should be second and close to Lagos in IGR it's Anambra. Do you know how many big companies, industries, manufacturers, importers, traders, plants, pharmaceuticals, transporters, e.t.c, are in Nnewi alone? Nnewi alone should be nothing less than 10 billion a month. Then you go to Onitsha, that alone should be nothing less than 15billion. Then you go Awka, with countless hotels, that should yield you 5billion. Then Obosi, Npkor and other towns filled with businesses men and women. Men leave Anambra government and their deception. Anambra should comfortably be reporting about 30-40 billion Naira a month.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by Cjrane2: 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
Anambra traders hate to pay taxes.

There are so much economic activities but nobody wants to pay any taxes.

I wouldn't blame them because in the past, the government did nothing for the citizens to merit collection of taxes. Today we have a development oriented government. So Anambra people should start paying taxes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by shukuokukobambi: 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

NBS: Lagos and Ogun individually beat all SE states combined in IGR

Ipod youth: its due to the tax paid by Igbo people

NBS: Anambra's IGR is less than even Kano, Edo, Kaduna etc

Ipod youth: its because obiano is chopping the money or anambra business men don't pay taxes.

Which one is it? Which way my Jewish brothers? Will you ever run out of excuses or finger pointing? cheesy cheesy

Pls I'm just helping you to reason this debacle o cheesy

27 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by FKO81(m): 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
The difference between Anambra and Lagos plus Ogun, The industries, markets, transport companies, films industries etc in Anambra, are 99% own by Igbos, a reasonable government low taxes to encourage indigenous investors, we can't strangle our people with high taxes, ask those in Lagos what they are going through, Ogun state with high IGR is known for deplorable roads, Ogun was among state declared bankrupt, still owning salaries, same Ogun was rated highest in numbers of suicide cases in Nigeria by NPF, Lagos, Ogun top list of indebted state in Nigeria, so a situation government is making high IGR while people are dying in penury, what's the need of high IGR, Anambra government cut taxes for large, medium and small industries in the state, pay workers salaries before 24th of every month, least most indebted state, still doing massive projects across the state, IGR doesn't measure wealth. Anambra is indigenous economy state

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by deomelo: 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
FKO81:
still doing massive projects across the state,

Massive where?

Ugu leaves massive or the massive projects hiding under his bed? Where are the massive projects?

How isit even possible to build anything when your budget is one pf the lowest in the country and your IGR can not even buy guguru and ekpa so where is the money for massive projects and even the projects sef?

If den dey pay you to spin and troll on the internet, you should at least come up with sane, logical and better argument and not the usual lies and sorry excuses.. grin

19 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by deomelo: 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
Aide to Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State, Mr. Mark Okoye, has said that the state plans to increase its Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) from the current N16.8 billion to N26.4 billion in 2016.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/anambra-targets-n26bn-igr-in-2016/

Just last year according to the state, Anambra generated poor and measly N16 billion, that's like N1.3 billion per month grin

Poor Anambra grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by Klinee: 3:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
cutting taxes will nerve help Anambra, The Government should tax this men and use it to put up more better development. This businessmen when they make it in Anambra they will established and pay higher taxes in other states like Lagos, Abuja and even river state.
Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by FlyoruB: 3:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
Yinmu. Una never get the memo? Obiano don use una IGR shack up. wink Anambra Don enter one chance.

17 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by deomelo: 3:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
FKO81:
T a reasonable government low taxes to encourage indigenous investors, we can't strangle our people with high taxes, ask those in Lagos what they are going through,

Lagos is taxing high their businesses, but they are pulling in massive money and commissioning projects everyday.

Anambra is taxing low, but still have the poorest IGR, poorest budgets and no projects to build and commission.

So where is the sense and wisdom in your upside down rubbish?

Penny wise, pound foolish.

You don't have anything worthy to tax and your working population is almost abysmal to collect anything worthy from and your informal sectors can not give you anything meaningful because your population is less than 5 million and most of them reside outside Anambra and the buying population and buying power is nothing to write home about.

Abeg face reality and quit trolling with rubbish.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by kherington: 4:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
willie the clown must be sent parking from government house awka later this year willie is embarrassing my hard working in laws willie is a crook weed smoker and clown

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by prodigy24: 4:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
This scandalous government can not be defended, we must demand a comprehensive explanation on the state IGR.i will personally carry out investigation with my team, currently i know that each lock up shops pay more than 20k annually.we demand a comprehensive data of the state IGR. enough is enough.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by prodigy24: 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
deomelo:

Lagos is taxing high their businesses, but they are pulling in massive money and commissioning projects everyday.

Anambra is taxing low, but still have the poorest IGR, poorest budgets and no projects to build and commission.

So where is the sense and wisdom in your upside down rubbish?

Penny wise, pound foolish.

You don't have anything worthy to tax and your working population is almost abysmal to collect anything worthy from and your informal sectors can not give you anything meaningful because your population is less than 5 million and most of them reside outside Anambra and the buying population and buying power is nothing to write home about.

Abeg face reality and quit trolling with rubbish.

i do not want to see you tiger face here. this our fight none of your business

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by Schematics: 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
Oga who in your estimation are we going to vote in November?

prodigy24:
This scandalous government can not be defended, we must demand a comprehensive explanation on the state IGR.i will personally carry out investigation with my team, currently i know that each lock up shops pay more than 20k annually.we demand a comprehensive data of the state IGR. enough is enough.
Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by deomelo: 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
[s]
prodigy24:
i do not want to see you tiger face here. this our fight none of your business
[/s]

Can you annoying ipob trolls just shut up sometimes..? grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by deomelo: 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
prodigy24:

The IGR thread and how the SW beat you obviously gave you nightmare, now you losers are trying to force obingo to make up fake numbers that doesn't exist to satisfy your bruised ego. grin grin

Ndo, e go beta one day grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by FKO81(m): 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
deomelo:

Massive where?

Ugu leaves massive or the massive projects hiding under his bed? Where are the massive projects?

How isit even possible to build anything when your budget is one pf the lowest in the country and your IGR can not even buy guguru and ekpa so where is the money for massive projects and even the projects sef?

If den dey pay you to spin and troll on the internet, you should at least come up with sane, logical and better argument and not the usual lies and sorry excuses.. grin
Osun clown, Anambra is doing far better than than Ogun in human development index, infrastructure, health, education, security and others Ogun is very backward when compare to Anambra state, gov Obiano three yrs performance trashed Amosu seven yrs, with Ogun over bloated IGR,
Ogun still was declared bankrupt
Ogun still owing salaries
Ogun rated highest in suicide cases
Ogun 4th most indebted state with nothing to show
Ogun capital of heads hunters, the list is endless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by Kingsley1000(m): 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
OBIANU LOOTING MY PEOPLE WITH RECKLESS ABANDON

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by Omofunaab2: 6:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
Igbos claimed they generated huge chunk of lagos state's 300 billion IGR but could only generate 49 billion for their region.

My brothers, chest beating no be d way oooo

14 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by deomelo: 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
[s]
FKO81:

Osun clown, Anambra is doing far better than than Ogun in human development index, infrastructure, health, education, security and others Ogun is very backward when compare to Anambra state, gov Obiano three yrs performance trashed Amosu seven yrs, with Ogun over bloated IGR,
Ogun still was declared bankrupt
Ogun still owing salaries
Ogun rated highest in suicide cases
Ogun 4th most indebted state with nothing to show
Ogun capital of heads hunters, the list is endless
[/s]

You ipob losers are always posting the silly picture of obingo running to SW big boys for attention... grin

Abeg face your village poor guguru and ekpa IGR grin grin

Loosers.. grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by Omofunaab2: 6:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
deomelo:

Massive where?

Anambra's budget for 2017 is just N115.5 billion while 58.9 billion naira was devoted for capital expenditure.

How will 58.9 billion naira do massive projects in this recession?

7 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by Mazeltovscotty(m): 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
Poll tax can't be compared with corporate tax. It is easy to tax big companies and some medium scale business than to tax individuals especially in a failed economic system like Nigeria.
There are a lot of businesses in anambra state no doubt but how willing does the govt want to impose tax and as well clamp down on tax evaders.
Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by Splashme: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
OP
Revenue from the those thousands of Shops you talk about fall under LGAs.
Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by deomelo: 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Anambra's budget for 2017 is just N115.5 billion while 58.9 billion naira was devoted for capital expenditure.

How will 58.9 billion naira do massive projects in this recession?

Fact is, the budget itself is fake, it's just numbers because there is not a single major project going on on in Anambra even after borrowing N10 billion.

Anambra is a salary state only state and even the salary sef is not full 18k minimum wage.

Anambra is a bankrupt state in disguise..

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by prodigy24: 11:48am On Jun 09, 2017
deomelo:

The IGR thread and how the SW beat you obviously gave you nightmare, now you losers are trying to force obingo to make up fake numbers that doesn't exist to satisfy your bruised ego. grin grin

Ndo, e go beta one day grin grin

YORUBA PROPAGANDA IS FAILING DAY BY DAY....
HOPE YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE BEATING YOU BLACK AND BLUE ON THIS.
Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by prodigy24: 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Igbos claimed they generated huge chunk of lagos state's 300 billion IGR but could only generate 49 billion for their region.

My brothers, chest beating no be d way oooo

I CAN FEEL THE SUBTLE WAY THE YORUBAS ARE PUSHING THE NARRATIVE OF THIS IGR VERY HARD, EVEN ON MAIN STREAM MEDIA, BUT DON'T WORRY, BRING IT ON, WE WILL EXPOSE IT, LIKE WE ALWAYS DO, I HAVE GONE ROUND OGUN STATE, THE INFLATED IGR FIGURE WILL BE EXPOSED VERY SOON, NO BE OLUWOLE AGAIN?.
I'M ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT MY STATE.
THERE ARE SO MANY HICCUPS IN THE COLLECTION OF LEVIES AND TAXES IN THE STATE, THE GOVERNOR SHOULD COME OUT CLEAN ON HOW EXACTLY THEY COME UP WITH THE FIGURE THEY ARE PARADING,THEN AFTER HE WILL TENDER HIS HANDOVER SPEECH ASAP. AFTER THAT WE WILL GO AND DIG EBONYI AND ABIA STATE. HOW EBONYI MOVED FROM 14BILLION TO 2BILLION. WE KNOW WHERE THE LIES MAY BE COMING FROM.. WE WILL GET ANSWERS DON'T CRY FOR US. THERE ARE MANY HEADS FALLING INSIDE SOKA FOREST, THOSE HELPLESS PERSONS NEED YOUR CRY MORE.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by prodigy24: 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2017
new2020:
I have been saying this for yrs, if there is a state that should be second and close to Lagos in IGR it's Anambra. Do you know how many big companies, industries, manufacturers, importers, traders, plants, pharmaceuticals, transporters, e.t.c, are in Nnewi alone? Nnewi alone should be nothing less than 10 billion a month. Then you go to Onitsha, that alone should be nothing less than 15billion. Then you go Awka, with countless hotels, that should yield you 5billion. Then Obosi, Npkor and other towns filled with businesses men and women. Men leave Anambra government and their deception. Anambra should comfortably be reporting about 30-40 billion Naira a month.
SAY NO MORE WE HAVE TO START THE PROPER CONVERSATION TILL IT GETS TO THE GOVERNMENT. WE CAN NOT CONTINUE LIKE THIS, IT IS ANNOYING.I HAVE ANOTHER INFORMATION ON THIS, THAT I WILL BE MAKING KNOWN IN DUE TIMES.
THE SOUTH EAST GOVERNORS ARE TOO DOCILE ON THIS. WE WILL WAKE THEM UP.
Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by prodigy24: 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2017
FKO81:
The difference between Anambra and Lagos plus Ogun, The industries, markets, transport companies, films industries etc in Anambra, are 99% own by Igbos, a reasonable government low taxes to encourage indigenous investors, we can't strangle our people with high taxes, ask those in Lagos what they are going through, Ogun state with high IGR is known for deplorable roads, Ogun was among state declared bankrupt, still owning salaries, same Ogun was rated highest in numbers of suicide cases in Nigeria by NPF, Lagos, Ogun top list of indebted state in Nigeria, so a situation government is making high IGR while people are dying in penury, what's the need of high IGR, Anambra government cut taxes for large, medium and small industries in the state, pay workers salaries before 24th of every month, least most indebted state, still doing massive projects across the state, IGR doesn't measure wealth. Anambra is indigenous economy state
YOU ARE DEBATING WITH A FELLOW ANAMBRA AND NOT AN AFONJA. I KNOW HOW TO TREAT THEM, THEY ARE NOT GOOD CREATURES. FOCUS ON OBIANO, HE IS RUNNING A VERY USELESS GOVERNMENT. SINCE THREE, YEARS I KNOW MANY BUSINESSES THAT HAVE COME TO THE STATE, ESPECIALLY REAL ESTATE. THE ONE YOU ARE EVEN DISTURBING US WITH, ON THIS SITE SHOWING US THE INDUSTRIAL LAYOUTS HARBOUR AND COMPANIES, SO WHERE ARE THE MONEY.. IN ONITSHA WHERE I STAY, I KNOW HOW MUCH, COMPANIES HERE PAY TO THIS FRAUDSTER OF A GOVERNOR. I WILL BE GOING TO NNEWI TO DO MY OWN OBSERVATION TOO.
Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by najoke: 12:18pm On Jun 09, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Under Reports Anambra State IGR. We Must Correct This. by patrick89(m): 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2017
[s]
prodigy24:
Before I continue, let me e-warn the afonjaites that,this is not the place for their masturbation.

Ànambra is among the very few state with more than two city states in Nigeria,where you have over 3 urban cities at different senatorial zones namely nnewi southern, awka central and Onitsha northern, they also have sub Urban's like obosi,nkpor,ogidi,nkwere,oba,ichi,nnobi ekwulobia,Nimo,Enugu ukwu etc these places house many lock up shops numbering over 500000 in general, transport companies,over 5000 hotels, 5000 to 10000 companies,numerous schools and other business outlet, over 18 radio station ,anambra also have a lot of commercial bank branches in the state, second to only Lagos.
With all these , Anambra is expected to generate 5 times what they are currently publishing,
For instance in ogidi there are over 3 international markets with over 30 thousand lock up shops, the buidlng material and the baking material market, each of this shops pay more than 20000 annually, with other fees include the permit,the tenement etc. Same goes to head bridge,to electronics international market,the ogbo efere,the ochanja,the ose, and other numerous plazas at Onitsha main market, these markets pay so much to the government,
Then to nnewi, nkwo nnewi market is the biggest automobile market in west Africa with so many importers,exporters, manufacturers etc nnewi has many companies you may not have heard of because most of their goods are not produced for Nigeria market,some are still springing up as well as the popular innoson chikason,ibeto cutix PLC that we all know, there are many other big and small companies that are into automobile fabrication, machine parts oil and gas industries, etc.
Awka on its own grow at astronomical rate the springing of hotels,eateries and rendezvous with huge nightlife, media houses as well as eke awka market too,with plazas springing up at every nook and cranny of the state,
In ekwulobia,umunze,agulu,nkpor, nsugbe ihiala all have daily market and commercial activities with hotels and some sizable medium companies littered everywhere.
However with all these things, I'm more than shock to see the ridiculous amount published by Anambra state government as their Igr,
Honestly I'm very angry now,because I know how much I pay to this confused government as my rent yet he squanders and publishes token for us,
let's do the maths, if we all calculate the number of lock up shops in anambra state, say 500000 this is on a lower side,multiply it by 20000 at least per anum plus the taxes. This alone give you 10billion.
Then, the transport compaines pay dues both loading and offloading,the number of trucks and transport companies emptying into Anambra state is second highest in the country.
Plus the hostels in many campuses in the the state,the hotels and eateries,and the Almighty companies. Wow,how can a state with all these investment report the paltry sum annually? Ndi Anambra, are we the cause or coursed.
Anambra must be better but not with obiano at all Enough is Enough. Correction is on the way

Ccl:alasticala come food don done
[/s]
You are saying non sense, you are making a baseless allegation. whether you like it or not. we need prove to even listen to you. Anambra has not published its IGR, so why are you making noise maddd people. I have no time to debate with you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafrans In Their Numbers Did This In Owerri, Imo State [video] / What Governors Would Have Done To Tinubu If He Was An Igbo– Uwazuruike / Tears!! Two Young Men Kill Their Neighbour, Put Him Inside Bag To Sell (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.