Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra (13335 Views)

Why Are Nigerians More Passionate about Biafra Than Nigeria? / Difference between Igbo cities and Yoruba cities in development Photos / See What Donald Trump Said About Biafra CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by irepnaija4eva(m): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
I also emplore other Biafrans and well wishers(yorubas and hausas)viewing this thread to contribute.

NO E-FIGHT PLEASE.

1 Like

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by askaboutbiafra: 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hollysaint:
how will biafran citizens property scatered acros nigeria be protected?How will diaspora biafrans be protected?

There are international laws covering this issue. However should incase the other countries go against these laws, it is going to be detrimental to there own economy. As an example, Lagos has a capable sea port that Biafrans might still want to partronise. If the owners of Lagos decides to to introduce rash policies that requires Biafrans to relocate, Lagos will immediately loose its economic viability. I do not think that any governemnt will be stupid enough to score an own goal.

Since humans and government are unpredictable, we will have to setup a recovery fund to match whatever looses our people have incurred and rehabilitate them should they need it.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by mrvitalis(m): 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
Honestly I do not support Biafra am sure all nairalanders know y ..

We as igbos love commerce buying and selling ..
We are picking up in terms of production ..the little restrictions we have the better for us...

As I have said ..we control 70% of Nigerian banks and market ...all we need is to get this banks to found our manufacturing sector in aba ,OSHA ,emene and the rest

If Biafra goes ahead my question is this

How do u handle being landlucked .??..( reason I say we must get akwa -cross in Biafra ..forget the ijaws )

Looking at our internal generated revenue ...how do we cope with salaries for the first 50 months of Biafra

6 Likes

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by 1Rebel: 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
Fremancipation:
@op,

Biafrans are planing to set up the largest development fund in Africa that will be injected into the Biafran economy using Biafran diaspora bond and contributions.

The fund will be dedicated to rapid infrastructure development from seaports to railways to highways etc.

It will help us catch up with the rest of the civilized world.

Give me some ideas on how to go about it. Thanks

I see you're up to date. cool please mind the information we share on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by askaboutbiafra: 1:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
irepnaija4eva:
When in my own view.I think we should focus first on power.
I believe if we can boast of 24/7 power stability,all other challenges will be easily tackled.

Five years should be a reasonable target to achieve 24/7 power supply and high speed broadband and telephony. As I said, we have the fuel, all the government needs to do is borrow to build the turbine and transmission lines needed.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by 1Rebel: 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
mrvitalis:

We are picking up in terms of production ..the little restrictions we have the better for us...

As I have said ..we control 70% of Nigerian banks and market ...all we need is to get this banks to found our manufacturing sector in aba ,OSHA ,emene and the rest

How do u handle being landlucked .??..( reason I say we must get akwa -cross in Biafra ..forget the ijaws )

Looking at our internal generated revenue ...how do we cope with salaries for the first 50 months of Biafra

Yoruba man, Biafra is not landlocked. You do not have to pose as an Igbo man to get your points across. Don't you guys have shame? Tufiakwa!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by kettykings: 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
askaboutbiafra:

We must coexist peacefully with our neighbours, My projection is that about 10% of our trade will be with our immediate neigbours. Biafra will be a like a giant factory producing goods and services for exports to the rest of the world. We are already seeing that in the form of Vehicle production (Innoson) to Agriculture (Adada and Abakaliki rice).
The stability of our neighbours is unpredictable, we will have to quickly assemble a powerfull millitary in terms of hardware and personnel to counter any instability. We will have to set aside a substantial resource in the form aid to help our neighbour if they require our help.
Biafra will be a forward facing country willing to strike deals across the world for the developmental and economic benefit of our people.

Tell me something else, Biafra will not only export manufactured goods, what happened to the Movie industry which was reinveted by igbos , what happened to the successful music stars churned out daily from the east , the football stars , my take is that biafra will baffle economist like you whose projection eventhough bright does not really take into cognisance the real influence the igbos have on the rest of the world . i have been prividegded to meet igbos doing very well in some parts of the globe and who at the success of biafra would pull investments , a quick example is Allen Onyema whom the book makers did not know but who has the fastest growing indigenous Airline in Nigeria today.

Biafra's growth and influence will to a large extent be influenced by igbos living in Europe , North America and Asia, while the home based igbos contribution in the Area of opening up the economy, the FDI from igbos abroad will play a big role.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by 1Rebel: 1:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
We will shock the world. cool

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by askaboutbiafra: 1:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
mrvitalis:

First of all, Biafra is not Land locked. Please go back and check your map.
Those internally generated revenue (IGR) figures as produced by the Nigerian government is not a true reflection of economic activity in AlaIgbo. I know five families in Anambra who have under their mattress more than the figure for Anambra.
Also by bringing the instrument of government, economic activities willl be rapidly increase to 100 times what is obtainable at the moment.

We have crunched the numbers. We might have to import a lot of foreign workers to achieve our aim of creating a standard society.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by irepnaija4eva(m): 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
1Rebel:

Yoruba man, Biafra is not landlocked. You do not have to pose as an Igbo man to get your points across. Don't you guys have shame? Tufiakwa!

Some peeps are just annoyingly funny. Coming up with that stale achaic line (biafra is landlocked)even if Biafra is landlocked how is it their business?

I tire for some peeps o.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by irepnaija4eva(m): 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
askaboutbiafra:

Those internally generated revenue (IGR) figures as produced by the Nigerian government is not a true reflection of economic activity in AlaIgbo. I know five families in Anambra who have under their mattress more than the figure for Anambra.
Also by bringing the instrument of government, economic activities willl be rapidly increase to 100 times what is obtainable at the moment.

We have crunched the numbers. We might have to import a lot of foreign workers to achieve our aim of creating a standard society.

Abeg don't mind that donkey.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by askaboutbiafra: 1:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
kettykings:

Tell me something else, Biafra will not only export manufactured goods, what happened to the Movie industry which was reinveted by igbos , what happened to the successful music stars churned out daily from the east , the football stars , my take is that biafra will baffle economist like you whose projection eventhough bright does not really take into cognisance the real influence the igbos have on the rest of the world . i have been prividegded to meet igbos doing very well in some parts of the globe and who at the success of biafra would pull investments , a quick example is Allen Onyema whom the book makers did not know but who has the fastest growing indigenous Airline in Nigeria today.

Biafra's growth and influence will to a large extent be influenced by igbos living in Europe , North America and Asia, while the home based igbos contribution in the Area of opening up the economy, the FDI from igbos abroad will play a big role.

Thank you. That is my point. We have the soft power across Africa, all we need to do is extend our influence around the world.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by hushuptimus: 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
pazienza:
will have to quickly assemble a powerfull millitary
in terms of hardware and personnel to counter any
instability. We will have to set aside a substantial
resource in the form aid to help our neighbour if
they require our help.

On point!

Isn't it funny that rather than look for means to co operate with Biafra to lift themselves up from their failure state, as well as help Biafrans find their footing, Bitter retrogressive entities in Nigeria are all more concerned about constituting hostility and standofish tendencies towards Biafra to prevent her from achieving her lofty dreams.

These people are not interested in working on their own failures, they are more interested in constituting a stumbling block to our success strides.

This is everything that is wrong with these people, the exact reason they are doomed to continue failing, and why we must extract ourselves from them, making Biafra establishment a must.

In Biafra, we can achieve the bold part of your post, to keep ourselves immune from their hate and hostility, while we work on our success, in Nigeria we can't and remain exposed to their hostility without any form of defense, making our success impossible.

True pazienza. Most importantly we must manufacture our light arms. This Will reduce the cost of procurement and defence expenditure. We won't be taking lightly if we manufacture ours.
1. For light infantry which is less cost effective and easy to equip we will need out-and-out easily serviceable assault rifle.
2. For heavy infantry.....body armour and grenade launchers.
3. Infantry vehicles and armoured vehicle Will make up for the armoured.
The idea is to make the defence forces highly mobile like the Calvary archers of Genghis Khan.
Defence industry must be in place within the first year to enable all of this.
With time we can then look into sophisticated weaponry and a heavy defence budget.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by mrvitalis(m): 1:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
askaboutbiafra:

So who is lying the states ??

1 Like

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by mrvitalis(m): 1:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
askaboutbiafra:

I tot u meant the Igbo land as Biafra ..OK
Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by hushuptimus: 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
My question is how we can improve our industrial growth now in Nigeria before actualization. because wateva we have now is wat we will go with.

4 Likes

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by EnuguDadImoMom: 1:56pm On Jun 06, 2017
Beautiful answers I must say. Thumb up!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Trut(m): 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2017
Beautiful thread with nice replies.
OP well done.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Goodlyhrt(m): 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
Funny. @op, tell us, how will Biafra survive politically, economically and socially immediately Biafra is decleared. Building central banks, investing in agriculture and building military is not a day job and it is going to take years. Within these years, how will biafrans survive
Ojukwu did all that in the midst of a war how much more in this jet age... think technology, think speed!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by askaboutbiafra: 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
hushuptimus:
My question is how we can improve our industrial growth now in Nigeria before actualization. because wateva we have now is wat we will go with.

Our people are already taking giant strides, from Vehicular manufacturing, pharmaceutical production, Fashion (shoe production) to Agriculture to name a few. What have been lacking over the years is government support through provision of enabling environment (electricitity etc), lack of policy direction, lack of setting standards, lack of subsidies and research grants
As I said earlier, the whole of Biafra will be turned into a giant sustainable factory if the right policies are put in place.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Goodlyhrt(m): 2:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
hushuptimus:
So why do you think we are clamouring for independence? We are leaving to create a level playing ground for all to develop at his own pace

3 Likes

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
askaboutbiafra:

There are international laws covering this issue. However should incase the other countries go against these laws, it is going to be detrimental to there own economy. As an example, Lagos has a capable sea port that Biafrans might still want to partronise. If the owners of Lagos decides to to introduce rash policies that requires Biafrans to relocate, Lagos will immediately loose its economic viability. I do not think that any governemnt will be stupid enough to score an own goal.

Since humans and government are unpredictable, we will have to setup a recovery fund to match whatever looses our people have incurred and rehabilitate them should they need it.

Are you serious, if the owner of Lagos-the Afonjas introduce rash policies that requires Biafrans to relocate Lagos will immediately loose it's economic viability. With the above you revealed your Superficial and restrictive and bias knowledge. I was expecting some thing different it is still the same, brash, impulsive, thoughtless, chest beating tantrums.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by GrandGarcon: 2:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
hushuptimus:
no, you cannot improve anything.
Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by GrandGarcon: 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
Dumaknesset:

Are you serious, if the owner of Lagos-the Afonjas introduce rash policies that requires Biafrans to relocate Lagos will immediately loose it's economic viability. With the above you revealed your Superficial and restrictive and bias knowledge. I was expecting some thing different it is still the same, brash, impulsive, thoughtless, chest beating tantrums.
Yes shoot yourself on the foot. Don't nigerians have properties outside Nigeria? If the owner of a said property can provide the documents that shows he is the owner and pays the required tax, why would he loose it? What about these ones that Ambode is busy destroying thier properties here and there, and your people are busy praising him?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by askaboutbiafra: 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
Dumaknesset:

That is a factual response based on available data. We have done the modelling. It will be an economic disaster for Lagos if NdIgbo are suddenly relocated out of Lagos
Let me give you a simplistic example, if you are a landlord with several tenants. You decide to get rid of all your tenants because they are noisy. If you don't replace those tenant quickly, who pays the rent?

What is your own theory

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by pazienza(m): 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
Now that the ashes of the Biafra talk is still smoldering, with few sparks here and there, I think it is important to address this once again.

If Biafra becomes a sovereign state today, it will be a landlocked country. Yes.

If Biafra becomes a sovereign state today, it will have one of the highest population densities in the world because of its smaller landmass. Yes.

Are these obstacles to economic growth and development? Yes.

Are they insurmountable? No.

The need to address this arose out of the myriads of assumptions on what may likely be the fate of a sovereign Biafran state should Nigeria continue to refuse our call to restructure and save itself from imminent implosion.

Many have said that a sovereign Biafra will face the huddles of geography due mainly to its small land mass and landlocked state.

Being landlocked is an impediment to economic growth no doubt,The World Bank said its negative impact equals about 1.5% of GDP. But access to the sea is not in itself a guarantee to economic growth either.

With developments in technology, logistics and huge improvements in air transportation, committed countries have cut down on this impediment to a negligible level.I think you know about the Antonov An 225 Mriya cargo aircraft which has the capacity to carry over 450,000 kg of weight?

Moreso, the world is moving into a full knowledge economy where the internet of things has erased physical borders.

Still on the issue of landlocked?

Of Africa's top 10 fastest growing economies, four are landlocked among them are Rwanda, Botswana, and Ethiopia. Zambia which has remained Africa's shinning example of democracy and stability is equally landlocked.

And of Africa's poorest and economic laggards, many have access to the sea, among them are Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mauritania, Mozambique,Congo DRC, Togo, Sao Tome and Somalia of all countries.

Having access to the sea with irresponsible leadership equals mental and psychological lock, and that is the worst kind. Nigeria is a clear example.

In an age of jumbo cargo planes, and international trade corridors, being landlocked is an archaic excuse against development.

Ethiopia has taken the lead in linking up east African countries by fast electric train with connection to the Port of Djibouti. This has cut to a day, the time it takes for a container to get to Addis Ababa from Djibouti Port. Yet it takes three to four days from a container to get to Aba from Lagos.

Djibouti is building one of the worlds largest integrated sea port with a cargo airport to service over 25 African countries and 400 million people. It has become so competitive they are cutting costs.

During the last economic crisis that hit Europe, it is interesting to note that all the PIIGS ( Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, Spain) countries all have access to the sea. Yet Switzerland, Luxembourg and Austria that are landlocked were economically more buoyant.

Every student of development is aware that geography does not hold the influence it used to have as a determinant of development. In its place, culture has taken precedent. That is why some of the most magnificent cities today are rising up from places that were ordinary deserts four decades ago. Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar among others.

Have we wondered how Haiti and Dominican Republic share same weather and climatic conditions with unimpeded access to drown in the sea .......yet they are complete opposites?

Biafra has land poverty.....

Yes. The South East is one of the most densely populated regions in Africa. In places like enclave (Mbaise) driving through the communities, you might think there is a festivity going on.

But how is that a disadvantage?

Greater Tokyo Metropolitan Area houses over 30 million people comfortably.

To what extent has landmass stopped Hong Kong from growing?

Monaco has 25,718 people per square km.

Bangladesh, North Korea, Rwanda, Netherlands and India all have high densities, yet people are not marching on the heads of others.

And who said if Biafra becomes a sovereign state, every Biafran must live in Biafra?

What makes you think that if Biafra becomes a sovereign state that Niger Delta Republic will refuse to enter an agreement with it granting it access to either the ports at Onne, or Calabar, especially as there will be money to be made from it?

Dont be surprised that Oduduwa Republic and Niger Delta Republic will be competing to woo Biafra importers to use their ports. And mark my word, Arewa Republic will become Biafra's major food exporter. Nation states are guided by political and economic interests not mundane sentiments.

I do not believe in territorial Biafra or secession.And I have made that known severally. I know that a restructured Nigeria will offer Igbo a great deal and that much needed space to be who they were created to be. This belief has nothing to do with the thinking, or fear that a sovereign Biafran nation will be unworkable. It will work. It takes only commitments and sacrifices to make nations work.

There is a thing called human resources.......human resources recognises no such barriers as landlocked.

Development and underdevelopment are states of mind.

If Biafra becomes independent and allow the quality of unthinking leadership that has been the lot Nigeria to captain its ship. It will be worse than South Sudan and before long Biafrans will start looking back to Egypt.

Nigeria is not working, and as long as it continues in this trajectory, it will never work.

If you so love Nigeria, instead of wasting your mental energy fighting over Biafra this and Biafra that, join hands in calling for Nigeria's urgent restructuring so that it will release its children from the Frankenstein state of ignorance, poverty, lack, and oppression.

Nigeria has failed Africa.

~ Kelechi Deca.

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by pazienza(m): 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
By the way, I don't believe Biafra( Igboland) is landlocked.

But even if that be the case, it's not the end of the world, Ethiopia became landlocked after bitter war with Eritrea resulted in Eritrea secession, they are today making more developmental strides than the failed colonial British estate.

Landlocked Biafra would be in good company with Botswana, Rwanda, Ethiopia, etc, countries with better developmental strikes and brighter future than Nigeria.

Nigeria should stop crying more than the bereaved.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by pxjosh(m): 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
Interesting thread op. I have a question. How can thed independent Biafra state be achieved? From my limited knowledge Countries are formed after a war or a fight or something. Is there a way Biafra can be achieved peacefully? Something like a signed agreement.

1 Like

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
GrandGarcon:
Yes shoot yourself on the foot. Don't nigerians have properties outside Nigeria? If the owner of a said property can provide the documents that shows he is the owner and pays the required tax, why would he loose it? What about these ones that Ambode is busy destroying thier properties here and there, and your people are busy praising him?

You put the bullet through your skull, you want to eat your cake and have it. Documents you own as a Nigerian and now when you cease to be a Nigerian, you still want to peddle such document you think such documents amount to anything.he is the owner of what! lubbish.nobody owes any land in Nigeria, they only hold it in trust for the state governor and once your people leave, the doctrine of bona vacantia sets in, all your properties revert to the state government. I bet the braggadocio op knows this, as he brags he knows law

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by musicwriter(m): 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
There's no doubt the nations making up Nigeria would be better off individually, if the country divides or at least confederate. It is even for common good that this country at least confederate, cause the current Nigeria is a burden to all. And I keep wondering why the South west with a sizable number of educated people can't figure this out. If the South West, for example; understands how well off they'll be on their own, they'll be no reason they'll want to remain in the British creation. They prospered when they were western Nigeria, and they were better off until the Lord Lugard amalgamation.

Igbo keyboad

We made this Igbo keyboard App yesterday. Download and help me share. We'll add other languages soon.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.techre.custom.igbokey

Its free.

5 Likes

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Noble11(m): 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
Am just happy and I thank God that we are all thinking in same direction...
It shall be well with BIAFRA

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Curlieweed: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
pazienza:
By the way, I don't believe Biafra( Igboland) is landlocked.

But even if that be the case, it's not the end of the world, Ethiopia became landlocked after bitter war with Eritrea resulted in Eritrea secession, they are today making more developmental strides than the failed colonial British estate.

Landlocked Biafra would be in good company with Botswana, Rwanda, Ethiopia, etc, countries with better developmental strikes and brighter future than Nigeria.

Nigeria should stop crying more than the bereaved.

I don't think all this is necessary. If your opponents believe that you're land locked and lack critical resources (including oil and gas as well as land), it's not a smart strategy to disabuse their minds.

We know our geography as well as our local issues. We don't need to share these with the whole world as it only serves to harden attitudes.

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Pays A Courtesy Visit To The Lamido Of Adamawa / Solomon Dalung Arrives Zambia (Photos) / Buhari Hails Super Falcons For Winning AWCON 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.