Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra (13341 Views)

Why Are Nigerians More Passionate about Biafra Than Nigeria? / Difference between Igbo cities and Yoruba cities in development Photos / See What Donald Trump Said About Biafra CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by askaboutbiafra: 2:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
pazienza:
Now that the ashes of the Biafra talk is still smoldering, with few sparks here and there, I think it is important to address this once again.

If Biafra becomes a sovereign state today, it will be a landlocked country. Yes.

If Biafra becomes a sovereign state today, it will have one of the highest population densities in the world because of its smaller landmass. Yes.

Are these obstacles to economic growth and development? Yes.

Are they insurmountable? No.

The need to address this arose out of the myriads of assumptions on what may likely be the fate of a sovereign Biafran state should Nigeria continue to refuse our call to restructure and save itself from imminent implosion.

Many have said that a sovereign Biafra will face the huddles of geography due mainly to its small land mass and landlocked state.

Being landlocked is an impediment to economic growth no doubt,The World Bank said its negative impact equals about 1.5% of GDP. But access to the sea is not in itself a guarantee to economic growth either.

With developments in technology, logistics and huge improvements in air transportation, committed countries have cut down on this impediment to a negligible level.I think you know about the Antonov An 225 Mriya cargo aircraft which has the capacity to carry over 450,000 kg of weight?

Moreso, the world is moving into a full knowledge economy where the internet of things has erased physical borders.

Still on the issue of landlocked?

Of Africa's top 10 fastest growing economies, four are landlocked among them are Rwanda, Botswana, and Ethiopia. Zambia which has remained Africa's shinning example of democracy and stability is equally landlocked.

And of Africa's poorest and economic laggards, many have access to the sea, among them are Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mauritania, Mozambique,Congo DRC, Togo, Sao Tome and Somalia of all countries.

Having access to the sea with irresponsible leadership equals mental and psychological lock, and that is the worst kind. Nigeria is a clear example.

In an age of jumbo cargo planes, and international trade corridors, being landlocked is an archaic excuse against development.

Ethiopia has taken the lead in linking up east African countries by fast electric train with connection to the Port of Djibouti. This has cut to a day, the time it takes for a container to get to Addis Ababa from Djibouti Port. Yet it takes three to four days from a container to get to Aba from Lagos.

Djibouti is building one of the worlds largest integrated sea port with a cargo airport to service over 25 African countries and 400 million people. It has become so competitive they are cutting costs.

During the last economic crisis that hit Europe, it is interesting to note that all the PIIGS ( Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, Spain) countries all have access to the sea. Yet Switzerland, Luxembourg and Austria that are landlocked were economically more buoyant.

Every student of development is aware that geography does not hold the influence it used to have as a determinant of development. In its place, culture has taken precedent. That is why some of the most magnificent cities today are rising up from places that were ordinary deserts four decades ago. Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar among others.

Have we wondered how Haiti and Dominican Republic share same weather and climatic conditions with unimpeded access to drown in the sea .......yet they are complete opposites?

Biafra has land poverty.....

Yes. The South East is one of the most densely populated regions in Africa. In places like enclave (Mbaise) driving through the communities, you might think there is a festivity going on.

But how is that a disadvantage?

Greater Tokyo Metropolitan Area houses over 30 million people comfortably.

To what extent has landmass stopped Hong Kong from growing?

Monaco has 25,718 people per square km.

Bangladesh, North Korea, Rwanda, Netherlands and India all have high densities, yet people are not marching on the heads of others.

And who said if Biafra becomes a sovereign state, every Biafran must live in Biafra?

What makes you think that if Biafra becomes a sovereign state that Niger Delta Republic will refuse to enter an agreement with it granting it access to either the ports at Onne, or Calabar, especially as there will be money to be made from it?

Thank you for your contribution. Your assumption is a Biafra with only the five states of Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Abia. We know Biafra is more than that. However let us asume only those five states. The development will be at a faster pace, because it will be achieved in a compact land area meaning development will get to everywhere quicker. Also the shared language and culture removes several obstacles in the way of development.
Remember Abia in not too far from the sea. Also there are deals to be done to integrate any community that share the vision of hardwork and resoursefulness into Biafra

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by askaboutbiafra: 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
pxjosh:
Interesting thread op. I have a question. How can thed independent Biafra state be achieved? From my limited knowledge Countries are formed after a war or a fight or something. Is there a way Biafra can be achieved peacefully? Something like a signed agreement.

No we dont want any war. Biafra can be achieved through people coming together to discuss the terms of settlement. The individual countries so created will be better off than what is obtainable at the moment because of the love and passion their people will expend to make sure their society works.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Curlieweed: 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
askaboutbiafra:

Thank you for your contribution. Your assumption is a Biafra with only the five states of Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Abia. We know Biafra is more than that. However let us asume only those five states. The development will be at a faster pace, because it will be achieved in a compact land area meaning development will get to everywhere quicker. Also the shared language and culture removes several obstacles in the way of development.
Remember Abia in not too far from the sea. Also there are deals to be done to integrate any community that share the vision of hardwork and resoursefulness into Biafra

That is a very safe assumption for now (5 SE states). It is also a good one to work with.

In your other post, you mentioned something about Lagos port and Lagos generally. Any plan that doesn't include a total and complete exit not only from Lagos but the rest of Nigeria will be impractical and doomed to failure. Africa as a whole is responsible for only about 3% of world trade. You should focus on the 97% and develop strategies to participate therein by investments in human capital, infrastructure and culture.

1 Like

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by GrandGarcon: 3:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
Dumaknesset:

You put the bullet through your skull, you want to eat your cake and have it. Documents you own as a Nigerian and now when you cease to be a Nigerian, you still want to peddle such document you think such documents amount to anything.he is the owner of what! lubbish.nobody owes any land in Nigeria, they only hold it in trust for the state governor and once your people leave, the doctrine of bona vacantia sets in, all your properties revert to the state government. I bet the braggadocio op knows this, as he brags he knows law
Look at onye Ara, he doesn't even know what shooting ones's self on the foot means but wants to argue. No wonder Nigeria is backward, their finance minister keeps thinking.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by askaboutbiafra: 3:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
This is a very interesting and mature conversation we are having. Thanks you everybody for your excellent contribution. Keep sharing your thoughts

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Fremancipation: 3:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
Land locked means land locked.

It means you have no access to the sea.

Even if only the current SE in its geopolitical form makes up Biafra, it is still not land locked.

Abia state southern tip has the potential for a large port less than 30 nautical miles to the open sea.

Ndigbo need to stop swallowing propaganda

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by KratosCorp: 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
I am totally convinced that MrVitalis is an igbo man. I dislike his view on Biafra and Nigerian politics but that does not change my conviction about his Igboness.

And I am saying that to say that you should stoo derailing this thread, please. I loved it when you called for a no-fight dialogue on this thread.

Now just do as you said.

irepnaija4eva:

Abeg don't mind that donkey.

1 Like

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by pazienza(m): 3:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
Curlieweed:

I don't think all this is necessary. If your opponents believe that you're land locked and lack critical resources (including oil and gas as well as land), it's not a smart strategy to disabuse their minds.

We know our geography as well as our local issues. We don't need to share these with the whole world as it only serves to harden attitudes.

Biafra is an ideology. Every ideology needs to be sold for people to buy them, no matter how good they are, if not well marketed or presented, people won't buy them.

There are Igbos sitting on the fence on this Biafra issue, reason being that they are not sure how it's going to be any better off than Nigeria.

These are the people Arewa-Oduanistanis target with the tales of gloomy Biafra.

And these are the ones we must protect by debunking the Arewa-Oduanistanis lies. We can't have too many dissenting voices in our midst.

Every serious movement must have propaganda against it, managing those propaganda and keeping the spirit of the members of such movement high is crucial.

Nobody is going to identify with a cause they perceive to be destined for failure.

So, No to your advice. Arewa-Oduanistanis with their false propaganda against Biafra as a matter of necessity MUST be debunked and checkmated.
We must keep the morale in our camp high!

Dalukwa.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Fremancipation: 3:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
pazienza:

Biafra is an ideology. Every ideology needs to be sold for people to buy them, no matter how good they are, if not well marked or presented, people won't buy them.

There are Igbos sitting on the fence on this Biafra issue, reason being that they are not sure how it's going to be any better off than Nigeria.

And these are the ones we must protect by debunking the Arewa-Oduanistanis lies.

Every serious movement must have propaganda against it, managing those propaganda and keeping the spirit of the members of such movement high is crucial.

Nobody is going to identify with a cause they perceive to be destined for failure.

So, No to your advice. Arewa-Oduanistanis with their false propaganda against Biafra as a matter of necessity MUST be debunked and checkmated.

Dalukwa.

Amen. Well captured.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by askaboutbiafra: 3:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
ISKANDER12TH:
My question is peradventure it is only 5southeast states and we are surrounded on all sides(ie landlocked) how are we to cope......

1. is it feasible to have a kind of accord/ agreement on using the ports of our immediate neighbouring country

2. Can cargo airline make up for the seaport which we lack

3. How are we going to cope within the like first 5years of the country existence knowing fully well our states are not financially sound to foot their own bill (very low internally generated income)

4.how can we ensure the same old criminal dont come back in a sheep cloak

5.Is there an iota of posibility that our properties outside our territory qont be termed abandoned and seized (let us be real)

Government are the primary drivers of economic activity using Fiscal and monetary instruments at their disposal. African government are poor because they are lazy and lack vision.
To answer your questions directly
1. Yes, mutual benefitial accords and agreement can be reached with any party through negotiations. Nigerians still patronise Cotonou. If you remove Nigeria as a neighbour to Benin Republic, the port in Cotonou will probably not be viable.

2. Yes, goods can be cargoed from friendly countries with seaport if the right agreement are in place

3. Through fiscal and monetary policies. We will quickly need to establish our very powerful central bank staffed by some of the best brains from whatever field.

4. Everybody is free to contest an election, it is left for the people to either embrace or reject them. Trust me, Ndigbo are very observant people, and will choose leaders that will best serve their interest.

5. International laws guarantees that our proprieties will be protected. It will be economic suicide if other government introduce rash policies.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by pazienza(m): 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
hushuptimus:

True pazienza. Most importantly we must manufacture our light arms. This Will reduce the cost of procurement and defence expenditure. We won't be taking lightly if we manufacture ours.
1. For light infantry which is less cost effective and easy to equip we will need out-and-out easily serviceable assault rifle.
2. For heavy infantry.....body armour and grenade launchers.
3. Infantry vehicles and armoured vehicle Will make up for the armoured.
The idea is to make the defence forces highly mobile like the Calvary archers of Genghis Khan.
Defence industry must be in place within the first year to enable all of this.
With time we can then look into sophisticated weaponry and a heavy defence budget.

Exactly!

Knowing the bitterness, envy, jealousy and strife of our neighbors, we must develop a strong military base to protect ourselves from their hate.

Hate is a terminal illness, there is no curing it, you can ask Israelis how it's going down with Arabs. Hate only understands one Language, and that Language is retaliation.
When a haters know that you will retaliate against their hate directed at you with ten times more venom than they could ever produce, it keeps them in check.

This is how we secure our new nation from surrounding haters.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by jotey(m): 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
ISKANDER12TH:
My question is peradventure it is only 5southeast states and we are surrounded on all sides(ie landlocked) how are we to cope......

it can't be just 5 Eastern states cos asaba is also an Igbo city

8 Likes

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Curlieweed: 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
askaboutbiafra:

Government are the primary drivers of economic activity using Fiscal and monetary instruments at their disposal. African government are poor because they are lazy and lack vision.
To answer your questions directly
1. Yes, mutual benefitial accords and agreement can be reached with any party through negotiations. Nigerians still patronise Cotonou. If you remove Nigeria as a neighbour to Benin Republic, the port in Cotonou will probably noy be viable.

2. Yes, goods can be cargoed from friendly countries with seaport if the right agreement are in place

3. Through fiscal and monetary policies. We will quickly need to establish our very powerful central bank staffed by some of the best brains from whatever field.

4. Everybody is free to contest an election, it is left for the people to either embrace or reject them. Trust me, Ndigbo are very observant people, and will choose leaders that will best serve their interest.

5. International laws guarantees that our proprieties will be protected. It will be economic suicide if other government introduce rash policies.

Some good points. However #5 isn't realistic. Over the years several countries have from to time appropriated alien assets in their territory with little or no international opposition. It's safer to bet that our erstwhile compatriots will most likely resort to such measures and plan from there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by KratosCorp: 3:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
Bro. Pazeanza, this here is gold.

Thank you bro Curlieweed. But I thought they said weed is not good for mental health? Or is it the Curlie factor and fragrance playing out? grin cheesy

Curlieweed:

I don't think all this is necessary. If your opponents believe that you're land locked and lack critical resources (including oil and gas as well as land), it's not a smart strategy to disabuse their minds.

We know our geography as well as our local issues. We don't need to share these with the whole world as it only serves to harden attitudes.
Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Curlieweed: 3:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
pazienza:

Exactly!

Knowing the bitterness, envy, jealousy and strife of our neighbors, we must develop a strong military base to protect ourselves from their hate.

Hate is a terminal illness, there is no curing it, you can ask Israelis how it's going down with Arabs. Hate only understands one Language, and that Language is retaliation.
When a haters know that you will retaliate against their hate directed at you with ten times more venom than they could ever produce, it keeps them in check.

This is how we secure our new nation from surrounding haters.

I totally agree with you.

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Fremancipation: 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
Knowing how short term minded typical Nigerians are, they will seek to destroy and plunder as much as they can Igbo wealth in Nigeria. But much later as years go by they will start sending delegations to Biafra to attract investments back into Nigeria at much cheaper rate and incentives than what is available now.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by joeyfire(m): 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
Interesting thread OP.

Will Biafra seek to remain in Ecowas or will it lean towards the Community of central african states with the likes of Gabon, Congo, Cameroon etc These countries incidentally have high igbo populations

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by EzeUche(m): 3:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
Great thread.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
Eph321 read this and you will enjoy it
pazienza:
Now that the ashes of the Biafra talk is still smoldering, with few sparks here and there, I think it is important to address this once again.

If Biafra becomes a sovereign state today, it will be a landlocked country. Yes.

If Biafra becomes a sovereign state today, it will have one of the highest population densities in the world because of its smaller landmass. Yes.

Are these obstacles to economic growth and development? Yes.

Are they insurmountable? No.

The need to address this arose out of the myriads of assumptions on what may likely be the fate of a sovereign Biafran state should Nigeria continue to refuse our call to restructure and save itself from imminent implosion.

Many have said that a sovereign Biafra will face the huddles of geography due mainly to its small land mass and landlocked state.

Being landlocked is an impediment to economic growth no doubt,The World Bank said its negative impact equals about 1.5% of GDP. But access to the sea is not in itself a guarantee to economic growth either.

With developments in technology, logistics and huge improvements in air transportation, committed countries have cut down on this impediment to a negligible level.I think you know about the Antonov An 225 Mriya cargo aircraft which has the capacity to carry over 450,000 kg of weight?

Moreso, the world is moving into a full knowledge economy where the internet of things has erased physical borders.

Still on the issue of landlocked?

Of Africa's top 10 fastest growing economies, four are landlocked among them are Rwanda, Botswana, and Ethiopia. Zambia which has remained Africa's shinning example of democracy and stability is equally landlocked.

And of Africa's poorest and economic laggards, many have access to the sea, among them are Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mauritania, Mozambique,Congo DRC, Togo, Sao Tome and Somalia of all countries.

Having access to the sea with irresponsible leadership equals mental and psychological lock, and that is the worst kind. Nigeria is a clear example.

In an age of jumbo cargo planes, and international trade corridors, being landlocked is an archaic excuse against development.

Ethiopia has taken the lead in linking up east African countries by fast electric train with connection to the Port of Djibouti. This has cut to a day, the time it takes for a container to get to Addis Ababa from Djibouti Port. Yet it takes three to four days from a container to get to Aba from Lagos.

Djibouti is building one of the worlds largest integrated sea port with a cargo airport to service over 25 African countries and 400 million people. It has become so competitive they are cutting costs.

During the last economic crisis that hit Europe, it is interesting to note that all the PIIGS ( Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, Spain) countries all have access to the sea. Yet Switzerland, Luxembourg and Austria that are landlocked were economically more buoyant.

Every student of development is aware that geography does not hold the influence it used to have as a determinant of development. In its place, culture has taken precedent. That is why some of the most magnificent cities today are rising up from places that were ordinary deserts four decades ago. Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar among others.

Have we wondered how Haiti and Dominican Republic share same weather and climatic conditions with unimpeded access to drown in the sea .......yet they are complete opposites?

Biafra has land poverty.....

Yes. The South East is one of the most densely populated regions in Africa. In places like enclave (Mbaise) driving through the communities, you might think there is a festivity going on.

But how is that a disadvantage?

Greater Tokyo Metropolitan Area houses over 30 million people comfortably.

To what extent has landmass stopped Hong Kong from growing?

Monaco has 25,718 people per square km.

Bangladesh, North Korea, Rwanda, Netherlands and India all have high densities, yet people are not marching on the heads of others.

And who said if Biafra becomes a sovereign state, every Biafran must live in Biafra?

What makes you think that if Biafra becomes a sovereign state that Niger Delta Republic will refuse to enter an agreement with it granting it access to either the ports at Onne, or Calabar, especially as there will be money to be made from it?

Dont be surprised that Oduduwa Republic and Niger Delta Republic will be competing to woo Biafra importers to use their ports. And mark my word, Arewa Republic will become Biafra's major food exporter. Nation states are guided by political and economic interests not mundane sentiments.

I do not believe in territorial Biafra or secession.And I have made that known severally. I know that a restructured Nigeria will offer Igbo a great deal and that much needed space to be who they were created to be. This belief has nothing to do with the thinking, or fear that a sovereign Biafran nation will be unworkable. It will work. It takes only commitments and sacrifices to make nations work.

There is a thing called human resources.......human resources recognises no such barriers as landlocked.

Development and underdevelopment are states of mind.

If Biafra becomes independent and allow the quality of unthinking leadership that has been the lot Nigeria to captain its ship. It will be worse than South Sudan and before long Biafrans will start looking back to Egypt.

Nigeria is not working, and as long as it continues in this trajectory, it will never work.

If you so love Nigeria, instead of wasting your mental energy fighting over Biafra this and Biafra that, join hands in calling for Nigeria's urgent restructuring so that it will release its children from the Frankenstein state of ignorance, poverty, lack, and oppression.

Nigeria has failed Africa.

~ Kelechi Deca.
Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Curlieweed: 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
KratosCorp:
Bro. Pazeanza, this here is gold.

Thank you bro Curlieweed. But I thought they said weed is not good for mental health? Or is it the Curlie factor and fragrance playing out? grin cheesy

Personally, I haven't touched the herb since I was a teenager. The hassle is too much.

However, as a libertarian I believe that the government has no right to make laws against an activity that doesn't harm third parties. It's not the role of government to protect us from ourselves.
Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by pazienza(m): 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
joeyfire:
Interesting thread OP.

Will Biafra seek to remain in Ecowas or will it lean towards the Community of central african states with the likes of Gabon, Congo, Cameroon etc These countries incidentally have high igbo populations

Leaning towards Central Africa might be better for us on the long run, depending on the turn of events.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by KratosCorp: 3:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
Wow!

I give it up to you.

Well.done!

pazienza:

Biafra is an ideology. Every ideology needs to be sold for people to buy them, no matter how good they are, if not well marketed or presented, people won't buy them.

And these are the ones we must protect by debunking the Arewa-Oduanistanis lies. We can't have too many dissenting voices in our midst.

Dalukwa.

7 Likes

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by EzeUche(m): 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
Landlocked or not, we must claim every part of Igboland. We cannot forget about Asaba or even Port Harcourt.

I doubt the other Eastern groups would want to stay in Nigeria once they see the Igbo being serious about a nation.

For now they are on the fence.

8 Likes

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by KratosCorp: 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
Awesome. Of course I thought as much, but was just trying to catch fun with a bro. cheesy

Curlieweed:

Personally, I haven't touched the herb since I was a teenager. The hassle is too much.

However, as a libertarian I believe that the government has no right to make laws against an activity that doesn't harm third parties. It's not the role of government to protect us from ourselves.
Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by joeyfire(m): 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
pazienza:

Leaning towards Central Africa might be better for us on the long run, depending on the turn of events.

I agree. I am also interested in the progress being recorded next to it in the East African bloc.
Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by deking(m): 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
Will there be a state religion in the new Biafra
Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by EzeUche(m): 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
pazienza:

I agree. But say if the entire East decides to join us, Cameroon may not be pleased.

The Bakassi issue will be a major problem for us, because that land was wrongly ceded to Cameroon and don't forget the English speaking part of Cameroon.

2 Likes

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by EzeUche(m): 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
deking:
Will there be a state religion in the new Biafra

There shouldn't be. We should be secular.

1 Like

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by ephi321(f): 4:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
Kathmandu:
Eph321 read this and you will enjoy it

Thanks a bunch, gonna settle down and read it through.
Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by pazienza(m): 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2017
EzeUche:

I agree. But say if the entire East decides to join us, Cameroon may not be pleased.

The Bakassi issue will be a major problem for us, because that land was wrongly ceded to Cameroon and don't forget the English speaking part of Cameroon.

If we are speaking of an only Igbo speaking Biafra, I don't think we would have problem with Cameroon, as we won't share direct border with them. The Bakassi issue would be a beef between them and Nigerians( Cross River).

4 Likes

Re: I Am An Expert In Development Economics. AsK Me About Biafra by Adiola(f): 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2017
my mother's people i am pleased with this thread

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funtua Katsina Dry Port May Commence Operations In May / 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila / FG! Made in Nigeria Peanut coating machine (Photos) at N70,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.