Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,856 members, 7,806,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years (47615 Views)

Thomas Schäfe Commits Suicide Over Recession Caused By Coronavirus / South Africa Slips Into Recession / South Africa Slips Into Technical Recession As GDP Drops 0.7% In Q2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by kpaminose: 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2017
baralatie:

do you understand the implication of recession in s.a
I understand. The load on the government is just too much. Government practically does everything for them. will even marry their wives for them and give them everything. build their houses, buy their cars. they don't have or do nothing. What a lazy set of people. you'll understand if you ever visited or stayed there
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by baralatie(m): 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
kpaminose:
I understand. The load on the government is just too much. Government practically does everything for them. will even marry their wives for them and give them everything. build their houses, buy their cars. they don't have or do nothing. What a lazy set of people. you'll understand if you ever visited or stayed there
do you know the reason s.a is in a recession?
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by nobilie: 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2017
Recession in SA case is different from ours in Nigeria. The demand for dollar their is low on like Nigeria that is dollar driven.
I'm sure they will not feel it that much. Don't forget that Nigeria's economy determines the economy of many nations. Firstly, ECOWAS nations esp those around us. I'm sure that GDP in UAE, UK, Pakistan, Turkey Malta, Switzerland will have dropped.
If you disagree, you choice.
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by joinnow: 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
Abi Buhari spirit don relocate from uk to SA
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by judgedredd22(m): 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
TruePass:
No go say na same with Nigeria. A country where u can comfortably take your baby out with 100rands or even buy better thing inside Shoprite.
5 rand get big value here, u fit use em board taxi, pay for an hour for internet service even buy cold drink drink. If u give babe 5rand she go smile any time she see u, u fit chop her later self. Na hell u nah dey. Una no know. grin

Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by pyr8te: 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
TruePass:
No go say na same with Nigeria. A country where u can comfortably take your baby out with 100rands or even buy better thing inside Shoprite.
5 rand get big value here, u fit use em board taxi, pay for an hour for internet service even buy cold drink drink. If u give babe 5rand she go smile any time she see u, u fit chop her later self. Na hell u nah dey. Una no know. grin

Guy..I no go mind one of those ur 5rand babes grin..I'm in j'burg
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by chngebeginwthme: 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
SalamRushdie:
A thread for clueless Buhari supporter to come say " we told you it's not only Nigeria that is suffering recession " but they will forget that both Jacob Zuma and Buhari are two very useless leaders with Buhari being the more useless one

Dead brain like you, Who will you blame for Venezuela, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran etc recession? Oga go find work do no free money anymore..

1 Like

Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by LorDBolton(m): 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
AntiWailer:
It is real.

We politiciize everything IN Nigeria to form "We told them".

Recession can happen at anytime. What the Govt will fall back on is the Infrastructure and savings during the abundance period.

The uselessness is the fact that African leaders are corrupt. They steal during abundance and continue to steal during recession.

The billions of dollars stolen can be used as bail out fund to cushion the effect of the recession.

That's naija for you
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by chngebeginwthme: 4:54pm On Jun 06, 2017
madridguy:
SOME EVIL PEOPLE WILL STILL BLAME APC OR SAI BABA FOR THIS. grin grin grin

One of them already start doing so..

1 Like

Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by SalamRushdie: 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

Dead brain like you, Who will you blame for Venezuela, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran etc recession? Oga go find work do no free money anymore..

Don't worry I am among those that have been blessed not only suffer like you ..no free money yet you are working in a Media Centre at your age . Gbefu
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by chngebeginwthme: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Don't worry I am among those that have been blessed not only suffer like you ..no free money yet you are working in a Media Centre at your age . Gbefu

LOL wailing zombie will never stop fooling them self, Those that are suffering are those complain bitterly on every social media everyday and you happen to be among them haha..

Am not even in Nigeria to you need brain checked..

1 Like

Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by SalamRushdie: 5:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

LOL wailing zombie will never stop fooling them self, Those that are suffering are those complain bitterly on every social media everyday and you happen to be among them haha..

Am not even in Nigeria to you need brain checked..

It doesn't matter where you are because wherever you are I know things are not easy for you grin
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by chngebeginwthme: 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2017
SalamRushdie:

It doesn't matter where you are because wherever you are I know things are not easy for you grin

LOL show me where i ever lament about hardship, You guys have been wailing about hunger since 2015 because no more free money since GEJ lost an election hahah..

1 Like

Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by seniwellsFX: 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
Recession dose'nt just happen out of the blues. Though mostly spearheaded by macro economic downturn,their is also the human deficiency factor that enables any economy to slide into recession. "INCOMPETENCE" is that human factor. When Zuma fired the renowned finance minister Praven Gordon due to the latter's insistence on investigating Zuma's misappropriation of public funds,and appointed a man with zero finance or economic background to head the south Africa finance ministry. Recession is the after result. With the incompetence of the current finance minister,things might get worse economical as they battle the recession they are into.
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by seniwellsFX: 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
Recession dose'nt just happen out of the blues. Though mostly spearheaded by macro economic downturn,there is also the human deficiency factor that enables any economy to slide into recession. "INCOMPETENCE" is that human factor. When Zuma fired the renowned finance minister Praven Gordon due to the latter's insistence on investigating Zuma's misappropriation of public funds,and appointed a man with zero finance or economic background to head the south Africa finance ministry. Recession is the after result. With the incompetence of the current finance minister,things might get worse economical as they battle the recession they are into.
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by seniwellsFX: 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
Recession dose'nt just happen out of the blues. Though mostly spearheaded by macro economic downturn,there is also the human deficiency factor that enables any economy to slide into recession. "INCOMPETENCE" is that human factor. When Zuma fired the renowned finance minister Praven Gordon due to the latter's insistence on investigating Zuma's misappropriation of public funds,and appointed a man with zero finance or economic background to head the south Africa finance ministry. Recession is the after result. With the incompetence of the current finance minister,things might get worse economically as they battle the recession they are into.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by baralatie(m): 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
seniwellsFX:
Recession dose'nt just happen out of the blues. Though mostly spearheaded by macro economic downturn,there is also the human deficiency factor that enables any economy to slide into recession. "INCOMPETENCE" is that human factor. When Zuma fired the renowned finance minister Praven Gordon due to the latter's insistence on investigating Zuma's misappropriation of public funds,and appointed a man with zero finance or economic background to head the south Africa finance ministry. Recession is the after result. With the incompetence of the current finance minister,things might get worse economically as they battle the recession they are into.
what were does decisions that the current s.a finance made which points to this recession!
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by joshmee4real(m): 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
Recession?? and Nigerians re still trooping to Cape Town.
Anyway their recession cannot overpower the recession of a certain country in Africa
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
TruePass:
don't mind him, the country were 5 cents, 10 cents, 20 cents and 50 Cents coins are still valuable, unlike in nigeria were every thing costs thousands.

country were if you buy babe one bottle of Castle beer and a plate of pap and cowleg for 3 rands you become king in her eyes grin grin
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by MrBONE2(m): 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
free2ryhme:
grin

That's all thanks to Jacob Zuma and his state capture adventure

To Port back to Oil Country go sure passgrin
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by Ever8054: 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
SalamRushdie:
A thread for clueless Buhari supporter to come say " we told you it's not only Nigeria that is suffering recession " but they will forget that both Jacob Zuma and Buhari are two very useless leaders with Buhari being the more useless one
sir can you define recession and the factors that leads a country into it pls..
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
NIGERIA :If you are worshipping with us for the 2nd time in 8 years in this recession ministry, we jst want to say welcome back. "CHOIR MASTER".

PMB: Yes Sir!!!

NIGERIA: u and the APC choir should give them a wonderful ministration, let them feel the power of CHANGE
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by SalamRushdie: 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ever8054:
sir can you define recession and the factors that leads a country into it pls..

Do you think this place is that school that gave you substandard education? I am not here to argue with any paid 2 post online mercenary so go and argue with your salary jare
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by suremanpatriot: 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
...so is not only naija they do recession. Mismanaged national wealth of yesterday equals recession of today

1 Like

Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by Ever8054: 12:35am On Jun 07, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Do you think this place is that school that gave you substandard education? I am not here to argue with any paid 2 post online mercenary so go and argue with your salary jare
never to offend you,but you sounded in your comments like one of those pained ipob with no clue about recession...
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by olatade(m): 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2017
We are getting out, they are slipping in
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by DictatorZAR1: 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2017
kpaminose:

As a SA citizen I wish the gov can buy me a new car.

Some of you fuccckers here like to spew garbage everytime a name like SA comes up. Is it bcus of jealousy or plain ignorance.

You fuccckers hate SA bcus we give grants to our Elderly well its not our fault that your FG can't even look after your most vulnerable in your pathetic society no wonder more then 100m of you fuccccckeras are still under the poverty line.

Go educate yourself before you come and spew shhhiiit then call it SA xenophobia. Focus on solving your country's problems before pointing fingers from your shiIthole.

SA in recession is still x100 better then Nigeria ever will be.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by TEYA: 2:15am On Jun 08, 2017
TruePass:
See mode of Reasoning! Do they share free 100rand in south Africa?
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by morpheus24: 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

As a SA citizen I wish the gov can buy me a new car.

Why should your government buy an able bodied individual with the ability to be productive a car for FREE!

DictatorZAR1:

Some of you fuccckers here like to spew garbage everytime a name like SA comes up. Is it bcus of jealousy or plain ignorance.
Not sure why anyone would be jealous of close to 300 years of colonial/settler oppression, mass murders, rape, segregation and the likes simply because some black BEE tenderpreneurs have some money to spend on goods they do not produce[/quote]

DictatorZAR1:

You fuccckers hate SA bcus we give grants to our Elderly well its not our fault that your FG can't even look after your most vulnerable in your pathetic society no wonder more then 100m of you fuccccckeras are still under the poverty line.
If you ask me those grannies need them grants because the rate at which they are taking care of additional grankids that are dumped on them, they would collapse or die early of physical and mental exhaustion[/quote]

DictatorZAR1:

Go educate yourself before you come and spew shhhiiit then call it SA xenophobia. Focus on solving your country's problems before pointing fingers from your shiIthole.

Yes it is because it was a settler country with the legacy of colonialism that brought development so says "Helen Zille" and many white SA's
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by Lionessza(f): 5:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
morpheus24:

Why should your government buy an able bodied individual with the ability to be productive a car for FREE!

Not sure why anyone would be jealous of close to 300 years of colonial/settler oppression, mass murders, rape, segregation and the likes simply because some black BEE tenderpreneurs have some money to spend on goods they do not produce

If you ask me those grannies need them grants because the rate at which they are taking care of additiofanal grankids that are dumped on them, they would collapse or die early of physical and mental exhaustion

Yes it is because it was a settler country with the legacy of colonialism that brought development so says "Helen Zille" and many white SA's

Rapes , discrimination,Mass murders have been happening in *fully *black countries like yours for hundreds of years only difference those offences were and are still committed by" brother " against "brother" which is even more scarier to me. Not that I give a damn about tenderpreneurs, but I'm curious. What is it they can't produce ? . Are you producing those things in your country? .

Fact remains the SA taxpayers take care of old people over sixty as any sane government should, that doesn't make their old asses lazy lol they have played their role in the country it's time for them to rest. As for the children well if their parents aren't employed , again we will take care of them so that we won't have them begging on the streets or selling water bottles at street corners during school hours. And yes we also give them free lunch at school coz no matter how shytty their parents are the society of SA would never sit back and watch them starve.

Every South African had a role to play in the development of this country no matter how hard or demeaning , from Indians, coloureds , blacks to whites. SA looks the way it does because of the hardwork of its citizens. As for the Helen Zille statement well you would be suprised that many people across all races and religions don't have a problem with what she said it doesn't bother them one bit because they know the history of the country, the people who are making noise about it are politicians for obvious reasons.
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by DictatorZAR1: 5:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
morpheus24:

Not sure why anyone would be jealous of close to 300 years of colonial/settler oppression, mass murders, rape, segregation and the likes simply because some black BEE tenderpreneurs have some money to spend on goods they do not produce

If you ask me those grannies need them grants because the rate at which they are taking care of additional grankids that are dumped on them, they would collapse or die early of physical and mental exhaustion

Missed you too Moffie.

Last time we had an disagreement on NL I got banned for life by your resident fuucktaard mods so I will let your palm wine induced base less rants slide for now.
Re: South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 08, 2017
Lionessza:

Rapes , discrimination,Mass murders have been happening in *fully *black countries like yours for hundreds of years only difference those offences were and are still committed by" brother " against "brother" which is even more scarier to me. Not that I give a damn about tenderpreneurs, but I'm curious. What is it they can't produce ? . Are you producing those things in your country? .

Fact remains the SA taxpayers take care of old people over sixty as any sane government should, that doesn't make their old asses lazy lol they have played their role in the country it's time for them to rest. As for the children well if their parents aren't employed , again we will take care of them so that we won't have them begging on the streets or selling water bottles at street corners during school hours. And yes we also give them free lunch at school coz no matter how shytty their parents are the society of SA would never sit back and watch them starve.

Every South African had a role to play in the development of this country no matter how hard or demeaning , from Indians, coloureds , blacks to whites. SA looks the way it does because of the hardwork of its citizens. As for the Helen Zille statement well you would be suprised that many people across all races and religions don't have a problem with what she said it doesn't bother them one bit because they know the history of the country, the people who are making noise about it are politicians for obvious reasons.
Every person with fully functioning brain cells know exactly what Helen meant with those remarks but it seems it upsets outsiders more than South Africans

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Sanna Marin Divorces Her Husband, Markus Raikkonen / Potanin To Putin: Don’t Take Us Back To 1917 / President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.