Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Metal Vs Glass Vs Plastic, Which Is The Best Build Material In A Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Metal Vs Glass Vs Plastic, Which Is The Best Build Material In A Phone? (833 Views)

Metal Vs. Plastic Vs. Glass Vs. Ceramic: Which Is The Best Phone Material? / Who Has Used A Phone With A Very Long Lasting Battery? / Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metal Vs Glass Vs Plastic, Which Is The Best Build Material In A Phone? by Villager780: 1:02pm On Jun 06, 2017
Fellow nairalanders, plz I need clarifications about the above topic, I haven't use metal nor glass phone before, if u have used the trio, plz share your experience.
Re: Metal Vs Glass Vs Plastic, Which Is The Best Build Material In A Phone? by madara1977: 1:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
i did some research.

plastic
Most Plastic made phones have removable battery
Plastic made phones doesn’t crack easily
Say no to smudges
The possibility of exchangeable back covers
Plastic made smartphones has a CLEAR reception capability
Plastic material on smartphones provides great cost cutting
Wireless charging functions better on plastic made smartphones
For Metal
Advantages One of the primary reasons for smartphone vendors to consider metal as a casing is the fact that it adds to the aesthetics of the device giving it a premium touch. Also, the ductile nature of metal allows them to experiment with the design which eventually helps their devices to stand out in the crowd. Furthermore, metal is a good heat dissipator. In comparison to its plastic counterparts, a metal smartphone can disperse more heat generated by the processor and internals of the device. Also, a metal casing offers better protection to the internal components in comparison to the polycarbonate ones.

Disadvantages One of the biggest problems of metal smartphones also happens to be its advantage. Yes, that's right! A metal smartphone, while dissipating heat quickly, tends to get extremely hot owing to the overheating processors. While not many people may care about it, the terribly looking antenna lines on an otherwise clean design may be a problem for some. How is the metal build related to this, you may ask? Well, metals are good conductors of heat and electricity, but also act as great shielding agents against radiation due to the dense molecular construction. So, in order to improve the network reception, the antenna lines have to be placed on the outer side of the smartphone. Also, on metal build smartphones, scratches and dents are clearly visible, unlike their plastic counterparts.

BUT THE MOST IMPOTANT IS THE SPECIFICATION....

1 Like

Re: Metal Vs Glass Vs Plastic, Which Is The Best Build Material In A Phone? by tolexy007(m): 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
wood grin

1 Like

Re: Metal Vs Glass Vs Plastic, Which Is The Best Build Material In A Phone? by OVA200(m): 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2017
I still prefer plastic to metal or glass it has many advantages than it disadvantage but when the world is turning their back on something we tend to forget it usefulness​.
Re: Metal Vs Glass Vs Plastic, Which Is The Best Build Material In A Phone? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
OVA200:
I still prefer plastic to metal or glass it has many advantages than it disadvantage but when the world is turning their back on something we tend to forget it usefulness​.

Wireless charging
Re: Metal Vs Glass Vs Plastic, Which Is The Best Build Material In A Phone? by Darkseid(m): 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
plastic > glass > metal

I really don't care about metallic phones because I always use soft plastic cases on all my phones.
Re: Metal Vs Glass Vs Plastic, Which Is The Best Build Material In A Phone? by donhils: 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
Human beings!! Everybody, ok almost everybody was complaining about plastic phones like 2 yrs ago or so, saying it looked cheap and all that. Now, there's a transition to metal and Glass phones, everybody prefers plastic yet again.

(1) (Reply)

Gionee S10C / How To Copy Text From Image On Android And Pc / Key Specification Of Leagoo T5C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.