Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,494 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:30 PM

Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary (2606 Views)

SE Development: Anambra To Build Prison For Children / 2nd Niger Bridge: South-east Lawmakers Mum On Budget Slash / Osinbajo Meets North East Lawmakers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by ERockson: 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
Members of the House of Representatives,
mainly from the South-East shun plenary in
what appears as a protest following the
rejection of the South East Development
Commission bill
- Political analysts and observers blame the
defeat of the bill to the absenteeism of
south-east lawmakers
- Meanwhile, member of the House of
Representatives, Goodluck Opiah,
describess the rejection of the bill as a
calculated attempt to marginalize people
from the south east

Lawmakers from the south-east region have
reportedly boycotted plenary session in the
House of Representative on Tuesday, June 6,
in what appeared as a protest move following
the rejection of a bill for an Act seeking to
establish the South East Development
Commission.

NAIJ.com recalls that members of the House
of Representatives, mainly from the South-
East, on Thursday, June 1, protested in the
House following the defeat of a bill seeking
to create a South-East Development
Commission.

Political analysts and observers had blamed
the defeat of the bill to the absenteeism of
south-east lawmakers who could only muster
the presence of 18 out of the 43 members
from the region on the day the bill was
rejected by majority voice vote, Daily
Independent reports.

The newspaper stated that the boycott by the
lawmakers was unclear as at press time due
speculations of an ongoing caucus meeting at
an undisclosed location.

Meanwhile, member of the House of
Representatives Goodluck Opiah has
expressed sadness and frustration at the
rejection of the bill proposing the
establishment of a South-East Development
Commission, during its first reading.
In a recent interview with Daily Post, Opiah,
representing Ohaji/Egbema/Oguta/Oru West
federal constituency of Imo state, disclosed
that the bill was rejected due to a gang up by
northern lawmakers who opposed to its
passage.

He stated that there was a calculated attempt
to marginalize people from the south east.
https://www.naij.com/1108492-south-east-lawmakers-shun-plenary.html
Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by sarrki(m): 3:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
It snows nnamdi kanu and biafra is fraud

Ipob miscreants over to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Kyase(m): 3:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
sarrki:

He's Back, how camp bro?

6 Likes

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by sarrki(m): 3:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
Kyase:
He's Back, how camp bro?

Nnamdi is a fraudster

1 Like

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by madridguy(m): 3:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by ERockson: 3:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
With this giant steps Biafra will surely come. Let all the political appointees of the FG emulate this ,follow by the immediate exodus of igbos from non SE region of the country.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by ahaika23: 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
It's taking shape,, just Luke a foetus in the womb. All hail freedom!

10 Likes

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by shukuokukobambi: 3:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
Now they're talking. This action speaks louder than a million ultimatums. Just like we've always said miscreants leading your fight will get you no where. NASS is where the battle should be holding while avoiding needless deaths.

I hope they sustain the boycott.

17 Likes

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Super1Star: 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
On a critical day, 18 out of 43 of their Reps showed up.

Is that not suicide and self inflicted sabotage?

You better recall the absent 25 Reps sharp-sharp and replaced them with iPods.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Kyase(m): 3:30pm On Jun 06, 2017
sarrki:

Nnamdi is a fraudster
lol the guy is sure fraudster but make we dey watch. So how camp
Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by chemicalDisease: 3:31pm On Jun 06, 2017
sarrki:

Hehehehehe!
Chief zombie emeritus is back.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Ogalanyachieze: 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
sarrki:

haha it shows nothing. Its just the begining of economic boycott that will culminate in boycott of elections. Part of globally acceptable means of enforcing a referendums and eventual secession. It has started. With ipob lurking around waiting for anambra election in november. We shall get there. The Sun is shining already

1 Like

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
sarrki:
lol..u are back..

next time na exile

2 Likes

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by EzeUche(m): 3:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
sarrki:

Nnamdi Kanu was unjustly imprisonned for his beliefs.

He is not a fraud.

9 Likes

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by DONGOYARO1: 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
ERockson:
follow by the immediate exodus of igbos from non SE region of the country.
I support this motion.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by shukuokukobambi: 3:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
ERockson:
With this giant steps Biafra will surely come. Let all the political appointees of the FG emulate this ,follow by the immediate exodus of igbos from non SE region of the country

With the bold, freedom truly is near

5 Likes

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Ogalanyachieze: 3:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
Super1Star:
On a critical day, 18 out of 43 of their Reps showed up.

Is that not suicide and self inflicted sabotage?

You better recall the absent 25 Reps sharp-sharp and replaced them with iPods.
18 out of 43 present what the percentage? Almost 50% its more than enough to form a quorum in any org. Its quite encouraging we do not despair . If only one man woke up these 18 men from slumber and the army of foot soldiers that have marched the streets taking bullets all for a cause. Not forgetting d over 3million heroes. Give it to that man kanu. He is a lion of the tribe of biafrans. Let me remind you of one of his most famous quotes "arrest me and nigeria will boil" except you are living in the past nigeria is currently on the boil

3 Likes

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by sarrki(m): 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
EzeUche:

Nnamdi Kanu was unjustly imprisonned for his beliefs.

He is not a fraud.

He's a confirmed crook then
Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Eazybay(m): 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2017
sarrki:

Nnamdi is a fraudster

Well, as much as your comment runs parallel to the subject matter, I'm glad to see u..

Back to topic:
There should be an intervention plan for d South East too, if u love ONE Nigeria. After all, the other cases are no different from theirs. Well it don't mean dey should go up in arms.

Back to you:
Where you go?
Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Jesusloveyou: 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
ERockson:
With this giant steps Biafra will surely come. Let all the political appointees of the FG emulate this ,follow by the immediate exodus of igbos from non SE region of the country.
that is the best thing to do .
Because I hate to see those flat heads in the house or in the upper chamber.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by morscino: 4:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
r

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Super1Star: 4:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
18 out of 43 present what the percentage? Almost 50% its more than enough to form a quorum in any org. Its quite encouraging we do not despair . If only one man woke up these 18 men from slumber and the army of foot soldiers that have marched the streets taking bullets all for a cause. Not forgetting d over 3million heroes. Give it to that man kanu. He is a lion of the tribe of biafrans. Let me remind you of one of his most famous quotes "arrest me and nigeria will boil" except you are living in the past nigeria is currently on the boil

41% can NEVER win you an election anywhere, Probably in Biadrau.d though!!!!!

How is NIgeria boiling?
Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Bolustical: 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
Our brothers are funny,

They often chestbeat that the whole of SE is developed and that all developments in the SE have been without FG's allocation,

They even said that Nigeria will suffer after their secession,

Worse still, they labelled Northerners as parasites as well claiming to develop Lagos,

So how can a SO-CALLED DEVELOPED REGION be clamouring for a development commission? (Or have you seen the UK, US et al begging for foreign aid?)

How come a developed republic is competing with the Boko Haram ravaged NE for a development commission?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Bolustical: 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
Eazybay:

Well, as much as your comment runs parallel to the subject matter, I'm glad to see u..

Back to topic:
There should be an intervention plan for d South East too, if u love ONE Nigeria. After all, the other cases are no different from theirs. Well it don't mean dey should go up in arms.

Back to you:
Where you go?

Intervention plan?

From who?

From the "PARASITES, EWEDU EATERS, KUNU SIPPERS" or who?

Since Igbos own 70% of investments and property in Lagos and have developed the SW,

Their elites and not THE ZOO should fund the development commission joor!!!

1 Like

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 06, 2017
sarrki:

I hope you came back with the right amount of sense

1 Like

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by zionmade1: 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
that is the best thing to do .
Because I hate to see those flat heads in the house or in the upper chamber.
U are a big disgrace to ur moniker.
Its true sha dat ur tribe is filled with religiious prostituutes who would prefer to follow allakubarians in drinking camel urine and destroying armature punas than getting to associate with their supposed brothers of d same religion.
Anyway i dnt know wat else to expect from somebody whose brain is full of ewedu and pepper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Eazybay(m): 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
Bolustical:

Intervention plan?

From who?

From the "PARASITES, EWEDU EATERS, KUNU SIPPERS" or who?

Since Igbos own 70% of investments and property in Lagos and have developed the SW,

Their elites and not THE ZOO should fund the development commission joor!!!

How would you take online gist this personal This is national development we are talking not tribal banter..
Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by Bowlexzy(m): 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hello, I am Samuel Bolu; Freelance computer technician, product manager, web content strategist and social media manager. I have worked with eCommerce companies and also small medium enterprise to help manage and monitor their sites. So do you want to start selling your products on Konga, Jumia, Bargainmaster, SME Markethub etc or you need your products on your site? Or are you new to e-commerce? And you need help registering and uploading your products? With marketing that increases sales? I am Looking for brilliant and exciting idea to help product manage. If you are running an e-commerce company, contact me if you need a product manager and management help. 07035943189 or 08154326177

https://www.nairaland.com/3844154/need-web-content-strategist-e-commerce
Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by sarrki(m): 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
Kathmandu:
I hope you came back with the right amount of sense

tongue
Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by ProWalker: 5:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
sarrki:

I'm sure you must have gotten hundred of mentions while you were away. IPoB missed you. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Biafra/ SE Development Commission:south-east Lawmakers Shun Plenary by adadike281(f): 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
zionmade1:

U are a big disgrace to ur moniker.
Its true sha dat ur tribe is filled with religiious prostituutes who would prefer to follow allakubarians in drinking camel urine and destroying armature punas than getting to associate with their supposed brothers of d same religion.
Anyway i dnt know wat else to expect from somebody whose brain is full of ewedu and pepper
cheesy kai! onu ojo!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was In The Bus Today With Core Anambarian Igbos See Who They Lambasted (audio) / What Boldness! Woman Goes Round Anambra State Preaching Ipob / Check This Tweet By Tinubu's TVC Attacking Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.