Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? (1920 Views)

Wife Breaks Bottle On Husband's Head After He Slapped Her-neighbours Hail Her On / Zimbabwean Woman Caught Having Sex With Her Neighbours Husband (Photos) / Neighbours Flog Man Who Beats His Wife Always (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Holywizard: 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
I'm a serving Corp member from the East posted far away to Ijebu land.
I secured an accommodation in an 8 rooms face-me-i-face-You compound. I'm cool with it because there are only 3 families with 4 little kids in Kindergarten classes.
I don't associate much with them, only greetings.
Our landlord and his family are in the same compound but in another building. He is a good man.
My problem is constant beggings from my neighbours and my landlord's children and their mother.
Landlord's wife- "Corper please help me with your torchlight, give me matches". Right now if she wants to cook in the night, my torchlight must be with her for hours. Sometimes they would return it in the morning.
Her children always are always begging for this and that. Last week, my landlord's 3rd son knocked very early in the morning that I should help him with my slippers. His own got spoilt and that while back from school he would bring it back. Till today he hasn't brought it back. In fact, my slippers is now his official school sandal.
Neighbours-
These ones tire me...
Since am the only Corp member in the compound, I bought for myself Ludo game to be keeping myself company. Right now, my ludo is now one of the family's properties. They don't care about the owner. Once I collect it back, in the next 30 mins they'd send their son to come collect it.
About two persons have tried to borrow money from me which I declined.
One other woman was fond of begging me vegetable oil and other foodstuff until I stopped giving her. (A married woman).

Please am tired of giving out my things unnecessarily to these people because am an ordinary Corp member relying only on the federal government allowance (#19,800).
My fellow Nairalanders I need an advice on how to stop them without insulting or annoying anyone.

Moderators please help me out.
RoyalRoy Seun
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Papiikush: 5:30pm On Jun 06, 2017
You never get sense. By the time they eat you up like locusts, you will start learning how to say "No, I don't have" grin

Seriously dude, the first thing you should think about in any situation is yourself. If the situation doesn't favour you, step away...

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Cuddlebugie(f): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
Blessed are the givers and grateful are the receivers. Kikiki cheesy

Stop being a nice corper to your beggy beggy neighbours. If you don't put an end to it now, they will 'finish' you.

You remember the parable of the ten virgns, right? When next they come knocking, tell them what the wise virgins told the foolish ones.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
On a small generator, channel the exhaust pipe to their various windows....
They will never beg you all eternity again!!
I didn't read the long epistle tho.
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Papiikush: 5:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

They will never beg you all eternity again!!.

Ahn ahn... Someone cannot beg in peace again? grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by symbianDON(m): 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
op nna na wa to you o grin how only you one for de play ludo alone??.....as per the main matter, na you de keep eye for them na!! to say I no get or abeg no vex I no fit give....no be hard thing na grin

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by MARKone(m): 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
lolz

Coffar, but how u wan take play ludo by yourself. Anyway, sha be careful with personal stuffs u give out, like that slippers, just let go. There is nothing much you can do other than to keep saying no, or you look for another accommodation. Remember that you are in a strange land.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Holywizard: 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
symbianDON:
op nna na wa to you o grin how only you one for de play ludo alone??.....as per the main matter, na you de keep eye for them na!! to say I no get or abeg no vex I no fit give....no be hard thing na grin
boredome Can make one go crazy nah. I do assume that am playing with 3 other persons. lolz
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
That's so irritating and inconvenient.
Stop giving them!

They should be the ones giving you and not the other way round.

Reason why I hate face me I face you. Op, rent a one room self contain or the only thing they'll give you in that house is a toilet infection.
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Holywizard: 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
MARKone:
lolz

Coffar, but how u wan take play ludo by yourself. Anyway, sha be careful with personal stuffs u give out, like that slippers, just let go. There is nothing much you can do other than to keep saying no, or you look for another accommodation. Remember that you are in a strange land.
i have already forgotten about the slippers. I'm planning getting a new one soonest
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
Papiikush:

Ahn ahn... Someone cannot beg in peace again? grin

Telling them NO will make you appear wicked...

lol.. that's better
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Holywizard: 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
Sensual:
That's so irritating and inconvenient.
Stop giving them!

They should be the ones giving you and not the other way round.

Reason why I hate face me I face you. Op, rent a one room self contain or the only thing they'll give you in that house is a toilet infection.
there are no selfcons in this village. Just face me I face you or flats which are rare. Accommodation is considered via my PPA.
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Papiikush: 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Telling them NO will make you appear wicked...

lol.. that's better
I was in Op's shoes back in uni.
I got to the limit when the guy came to borrow decoder because he is expecting a babe that weekend grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Vision4God: 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
Had a lil similar experience. But had to take strict measures to curtail it. B4 I left that place.... everyone respected him/herswlf.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Holywizard: 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
Vision4God:
Had a lil similar experience. But had to take strict measures to curtail it. B4 I left that place.... everyone respected him/herswlf.

how please?
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Holywizard: 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
Papiikush:

I was in Op's shoes back in uni.
I got to the limit when the guy came to borrow decoder because he is expecting a babe that weekend grin
lol. funny you
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by olureignforever: 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
Holywizard:
I'm a serving Corp member from the East posted far away to Ijebu land.
I secured an accommodation in an 8 rooms face-me-i-face-You compound. I'm cool with it because there are only 3 families with 4 little kids in Kindergarten classes.
I don't associate much with them, only greetings.
Our landlord and his family are in the same compound but in another building. He is a good man.
My problem is constant beggings from my neighbours and my landlord's children and their mother.
Landlord's wife- "Corper please help me with your torchlight, give me matches". Right now if she wants to cook in the night, my torchlight must be with her for hours. Sometimes they would return it in the morning.
Her children always are always begging for this and that. Last week, my landlord's 3rd son knocked very early in the morning that I should help him with my slippers. His own got spoilt and that while back from school he would bring it back. Till today he hasn't brought it back. In fact, my slippers is now his official school sandal.
Neighbours-
These ones tire me...
Since am the only Corp member in the compound, I bought for myself Ludo game to be keeping myself company. Right now, my ludo is now one of the family's properties. They don't care about the owner. Once I collect it back, in the next 30 mins they'd send their son to come collect it.
About two persons have tried to borrow money from me which I declined.
One other woman was fond of begging me vegetable oil and other foodstuff until I stopped giving her. (A married woman).

Please am tired of giving out my things unnecessarily to these people because am an ordinary Corp member relying only on the federal government allowance (#19,800).
My fellow Nairalanders I need an advice on how to stop them without insulting or annoying anyone.

Moderators please help me out.

Which part of ijebu land are you?

Why on earth will you give your personal effect to them? You have started giving them, to tell you to stop is looking for trouble, you have to endure them for the rest of your stay or look for another accommodation. And when you get anoda, respect yourself by politely refuse to give out ur things to avoid this type of story.
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Holywizard: 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
olureignforever:

Which part of ijebu land are you?

Why on earth will you give your personal effect to them? You have started giving them, to tell you to stop is looking for trouble, you have to endure them for the rest of your stay or look for another accommodation. And when you get anoda, respect yourself by politely refuse to give out ur things to avoid this type of story.
Ijebu East
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by olureignforever: 8:52pm On Jun 06, 2017
Holywizard:
Ijebu East

Ijebu igbo, or where
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Holywizard: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
olureignforever:

Ijebu igbo, or where
Ogbere Ijebu
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Tellemall: 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

They will never beg you all eternity again!!

I didn't read the long epistle tho.

Lol. A rather permanent solution.

I can't believe there is someone out there who cannot say no. They won't kill him if he does. The worst they will do is hate him.
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Young03(m): 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
D way me dey do my own

if u ask me for torchlight, n I see it as a constant thing u always asks for. I will leave it for u and buy a new one

bt if I buy a new one, n u even think of begging me for it...God go punish u

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by sisisioge: 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
Na real otondo you be o grin grin

My advice: everything of yours borrowed as at tonight should not be collected back. Gift them, then replace and refuse to borrow anyone subsequently. If they ask for touchlight, tell them to go and collect the one with Iya Imole tongue

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Vision4God: 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
Holywizard:
how please?

If der is light, I lock up, put on my TV with d vol a lil bit high. No matter how they knock, no response except if I chose to answer.
As 4 borrow, was blunt, am sorry Ds time I can't give u.
If der isn't lyt, am outside with head phone listening to music. Keep posting dem if de disturb in any way.
I followed them d way de present demselves.

God give u wisdom to handle ur situation
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by Holywizard: 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
Vision4God:

If der is light, I lock up, put on my TV with d vol a lil bit high. No matter how they knock, no response except if I chose to answer.
As 4 borrow, was blunt, am sorry Ds time I can't give u.
If der isn't lyt, am outside with head phone listening to music. Keep posting dem if de disturb in any way.
I followed them d way de present demselves.

God give u wisdom to handle ur situation
thanks

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by olureignforever: 6:53am On Jun 07, 2017
Holywizard:
Ogbere Ijebu

Just be careful and persevere, the Lord will watch over you
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by poweredcom(m): 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2017
hahahah pls bro stop giving them....anything...from now and keep boning dem
Re: How Can I Deal With My Neighbours? by MissIndependent(f): 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2017
MARKone:
lolz

Exactly op has to be careful you don't know their mission/Plan.

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of 2 Year Old Children “having Sex” Emerges Online / My Uncle Has Been Married, But Still Hasn't Met His Wife In 5 Years / What Do You Think Is The Ideal Pocket Money For An Undergraduate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.