Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot (3581 Views)

Van Vicker And Wife Celebrate 12th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Eniola Badmus And Desmond Elliot On Set / Ini Edo And Desmond Elliot Matriculates At National Open University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by aloyemeka7: 2:36am On Jan 20, 2010
Van Vicker under fire
•Accused of disrespecting Ramsey, RMD and Desmond Elliot
•It’s not true — Van
By Samuel Olatunji
Sunday, January 17, 2010

•Van

Ghanaian actor, Van Vicker is not enjoying the best of relations with Nollywood community as he has been accused of arrogance and disrespect to some of the biggest stars in Nollywood including RMD, Ramsey Nouah and Desmond Elliot.

Van was said to have claimed on set that he is the best thing to have happened to Nollywood of late and should not be compared to Ramsey Nouah but RMD. He said that in response to his comparison to Ramsey Nouah on set. He was also said to have insisted on not playing a supporting role to Desmond Elliot who had been told earlier that he was playing lead role.

The producer had to beg Desmond to take Van’s role and allow Van to play the lead
. And to make matter worse, Van was said to have gone to the set unprepared because he was not ready to take the supporting role. “You need to see him, he did not read his script. He came determined not to play the supporting role and he eventually had his way.

I pitied Desmond that day; but you know he is a gentleman so he took it in his stride” a location source told us.
As a result of that, a lot of Nollywood actors have been said to despise Van. One of them even told us that he has vowed never to work with Van Vicker on any location. “I think it is the height of insult for Van to disrespect these people. How can Van compare himself to RMD? He is not even better than Nonso Diobi or Mike Ezunronye. To disrespect Ramsey and Desmond is a collective insult on all of us. These are guys that paved the way for all of us” an aggrieved actor told us.

But the men at the center of the drama, Ikechukwu Onyeka and Van Vicker denied all the allegations. Van said he would never disrespect Ramsey. “I did not say anything like that. I think some people are just trying to tarnish my reputation. Ramsey is a man I respect so much. I’ve even called him to come and do a twin movie with me because we look alike. People are just trying to create enmity where there is none. I did not say those things about RMD or Ramsey.

These are senior colleagues that I can never disrespect. Those who know me would know I will never say that about those people” Van told us on phone from Ghana. And on the issue of taking over Desmond’s role, he said he can’t remember that happening. “I’ve only worked with Desmond like twice or so. I can’t remember saying I can’t play under him. He has been in this game before me, so I have no issue playing under him. And I did not take his roles. I am not like that Sam, some people are just trying to malign my character” he concluded.

Ikechukwu Onyeka unlike Van remembered what happened on set but insisted that it was not as we’ve been told. Said he: “What happened was not Van’s fault. I think Van and Desmond were told they would be playing same role, so it was when they got to set that they realized they would be playing same role and as matter of principle Van said he wouldn’t step down because that particular role was what he prepared to act. He did not say he can’t play under Desmond”.
The incident happened on location at Sky Movies international. Desmond Elliot was not available for comments when we tried to reach him.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/showpiece/2010/jan/17/showpiece-17-01-2010-002.htm
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by THEAMAKA(f): 2:46am On Jan 20, 2010
oh lawdy lawdy here we go!!!  grin grin grin
he better not be talking crap.
let this be a rumor sha.
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by sexyLeamon(f): 5:00am On Jan 20, 2010
Van this better not be true my Desmond Elliot of all people angry
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by SeanT21(f): 6:02am On Jan 20, 2010
Nigerian version of the tabloids.
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 20, 2010
Van you break my heart sad
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by Foluke4me: 9:47am On Jan 20, 2010
i tink is high time our producers stop invitin Ghanians to act in nollywood.What an insult? We all know Ghanians alwys ve inferioty complex wn it comes to Nigerians.I ve live wt them,even my frnds abroad said same tins abt Ghanians wt their inferioty complex to Nigerians abroad. The oda day,i read it on the net,Jackie Appiah said,Nollywood cant do witout their local gollywood dts y dey invite them,can u imagine dt? even ds their so called small gollywood or small contry cant even market their films o.
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by sjeezy8: 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2010
lol money is all the producers think of lmfao
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by sweetpie23: 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2010
I never like the guy from day one Majid Micheal is far better
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by lawrence83: 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2010
@ topic
Van vicker? no be that fake actor from ghana?

Is no mate to Aki and pawpaw

NA una producers give dem chance . . . . . . .now water don de pass garri.
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by sweetpie23: 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2010
lawrence83:

@ topic
Van vicker? no be that fake actor from ghana?

Is no mate to Aki and pawpaw

NA una producers give dem chance . . . . . . .now water don de pass garri.
I love you grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by shetani: 4:25pm On Jan 22, 2010
guys calm down !! haba

you know nigeria with rumours i am quite sure that the mistake was at t he producers' level as the Onyeka explained
i can imagin our silly producers mixing up scripts,

I am not a fan of Van vicker ( because i think he looks like a petty empty head ) but i think he has a right to stick to what he waas given and insist if the mistake did not come from him

may be Desmond is a more flexible character, so could easily be persuaded Van, is not oblidge to swallow producer's rubbish so they shd chill and these bad belle people shd find something else to eat cola with,

I particularly donot beleive the story because no body in his right sense would say that about his fellow colleagues unless he was in an open feude with them which is not the case, and as stupid as i think Van is , i donot beleive he would have said a thing like that

get a job people
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by vislabraye(m): 1:18am On Jan 25, 2010
The movie organizers are the cause of this controversy, But apart from that, Van Vicker is not amongst the best actors in Nollywood.
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by mamagee3(f): 1:20am On Jan 26, 2010
Here we go again, Since when did "arrogance" between Nollywood actors become news?
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by chukudibab(m): 5:06am On Jan 26, 2010
nawa for Nollywood ooo, una too don start to dey segregate, becos him no be una homie , e no gud!!
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by SeXyBoNE: 8:02pm On Jan 26, 2010
Van, i just hope this is a rumour, bkos you are one of the fakest actors in Nollywood, na ur fine face dey deceive our producers, you cant act sh.it.

Just bkos we are tryin to help you guys from GHanawood step up your game doesnt mean that we do not have good actors.

When did Van starts wearin sun glass? no be Nollywood u for learn am

Na we Nigerians dey fuk up, we dey respect pipo from other countries pass our own, i wish im start from House boy or gate man, then im for get sense.

I dont kno, this guy cant even act, he is just toooo fake

bloody ungrateful nitwit
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by ud4u: 11:15am On Jan 27, 2010
You people should be reading before commenting, Van denied the allegation.
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by larrytoks: 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2010
SeXyBoNE:

Van, i just hope this is a rumour, bkos you are one of the fakest actors in Nollywood, na your fine face dey deceive our producers, you cant act sh.it.

Just bkos we are tryin to help you guys from GHanawood step up your game doesnt mean that we do not have good actors.

When did Van starts wearin sun glass? no be Nollywood u for learn am

Na we Nigerians dey fuk up, we dey respect pipo from other countries pass our own, i wish im start from House boy or gate man, then im for get sense.

I dont kno, this guy cant even act, he is just toooo fake
rotflmao, vanvicker haterrrrrrrrrrsssssss grin

bloody ungrateful nitwit
Re: Van Vicker Accused Of Disrespecting Rmd, Ramsey And Desmond Elliot by SisiKill1: 1:14pm On Jan 27, 2010
Lol @ He did not read the script. So they have scripts for the nonsense they churn out. Kai, this makes it worse.

Lmao @ "he is not even better than Nonso Diobi and Mike Ezunronye." So it's safe to say those two are the worse the industry has to offer, yes?

Lmfao @ the fact that the actors don't know what role they are playing before showing up for shooting.

Rotflmao@ Nollywood in General. Oy Veh.

(1) (Reply)

Prince William And His New Born Son (see Photo) / Psquare’s Paul Okoye And Son Who Rocked The Suit Better? / Orijin Vs Alomo Bitters Which Do You Prefer (only People From France)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.