Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall (25611 Views)

FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine / BREAKING: 188 Nigeria Returnees Arrive MMIA From South Africa / Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by Dotng: 6:27am On Jun 07, 2017
FAAN bans luggage screening at MMIA departure hall

Published June 7, 2017

Maureen Ihua-Maduenyi

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria says checking of travellers luggage will no longer be done at the departure hall of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

The Managing Director, FAAN, Mr. Saleh Dunoma, said this was part of the plan to ensure the implementation of the Executive Order recently issued by the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo.

Dunoma made this known after a meeting with all the participating agencies at the airport on Tuesday.

“The Executive Order does not give room for pre-checks on luggage. All checks should be done in designated areas. Luggage should not be checked at the departure hall,” he said.

Dunoma added that there would be no compromise with the procedures and that whatever security procedure or security checks the agency would adopt would not be compromised.

He said, “We have to meet the deadline set by the Executive Order. There are strategies in line with the order, but the concerned agencies need to meet regularly to ensure that these strategies are adhered to and improved.

“Concentration is on the Lagos airport because it is the key airport due to its size, complexity and passenger traffic. If we get it right in Lagos, we will get it right in other airports. Once we do that, I believe all the other airports will be easy for us.”

Dunoma stated that the participating agencies, including the Nigeria Police, Department of State Security, Quarantine Services, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Nigeria Immigration Services, Nigeria Customs Services and FAAN Aviation Security, among others, would implement the directive successfully.

“All participating agencies are ready to key into this big committee set up for the implementation. Everybody is contributing positively. From all indications, all hands are on deck to make sure the Executive Order is implemented successfully. FAAN does not envisage any problem at all, and it is fully committed to give all participating agencies its full support to close any obstacle that may arise,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority has directed all aviation safety inspectors to monitor the level of compliance with the Executive Order at the airports, in addition to their statutory oversight responsibilities.

According to the agency, the directive given by the Director-General, NCAA, Capt. Muhtar Usman, is enshrined in the Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations, 2015 (Nig.CARs 2015).

The NCAA said it had also put in place adequate measures to ensure full and sustained compliance with the Executive Orders at the airports.

The regulatory agency said in a statement signed by its General Manager, Public Relations, Mr. Sam Adurogboye, that all aviation parastatals under the Federal Ministry of Aviation, including the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, Nigerian Airspace Management Agency, Nigeria Meteorological Agency and Accident Investigation Bureau, had since commenced compliance with the orders.

http://punchng.com/faan-bans-luggage-screening-at-mmia-departure-hall/

1 Like

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by Theyveedo(m): 6:32am On Jun 07, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by diportivo: 7:18am On Jun 07, 2017
way to go

all those customs wey dey sabi extort don hear am grin

37 Likes

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 07, 2017
See bad market oooo

Osibade done vex ooo ooo..

Oga wetin dey done end ooo..

1 Like

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
But where is lalasticlala sef grin

- Since there is a screening system at the two entrances of the departure terminal, there is no need for secondary pre-screening system.
- The use of human hands to unzip and physically check the contents should be stopped.
- Afterall the airline counters have a system in place that detect foreign materials.
- Agencies should display the not suitable to fly objects at strategic places.

51 Likes

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by netbeans1(m): 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by dustydee: 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2017
Excellent! No "quarantine" issues again. Those customs officials that delight in exploiting passengers will have to come up with another way of doing that.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by miqos02(m): 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
seen
Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2017
ok
But how will they be able to confirm if they luggage contains looted money,cross checking will do the needful

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by flyca: 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2017
At the departure lounge, I was shocked that in the year 2017, I was given a small form to hand-fill my luggage tag shocked with pen!

Even passenger luggage were measured with bathroom scales

The airport banner "Arrivals" was as tiny as something written with an eye pencil.

Dear PYO, please look into these too. Its very embarrasing cry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by Oladelson(m): 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2017
ehn?
Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by mohciz69(m): 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
Keep up the good work Osinbade sorry Osinbanjo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by lonelydora: 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
A step in the right direction. Customs please take note.

4 Likes

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by Moreoffaith(m): 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
HMMMM
Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by conyema12(m): 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
bad market oooo.
Nice move by Osinbajo

3 Likes

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by SageTravels: 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
I support Anything that will revive our Aviation industry

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by Thisis2raw(m): 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
Good one, people loose their properties due to that process

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by bamdly(m): 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
make i call my drugger in crime
Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Those dumb galluts broke my phone's screen in their over-enthusiasm for their jobs.
Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by LexngtonSteele: 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
Brokeasses who have never smelt the air of airports and have ridden in only Danfos too would come here to contribute

Okada man...abeg wait for me nah!

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by bigfather(m): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2017
dustydee:
Excellent! No "quarantine" issues again. Those customs officials that delight in exploiting passengers will have to come up with another way of doing that.

I dey spend close to 20k when travelling and coming back. Those guys can beg 4 Afrika!

15 Likes

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2017
Good news for drug dealers.

1 Like

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by Freelady(m): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2017
Good for them

Meanwhile

MMM Account for sale,
I have over 150k on it from last year mavro and am willing to sell it at 60k now

Any interested buyer should contact me through the number on my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by jonnytad(m): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2017
Afonja is trying, Arewa is resting, Ipob is planning. .... Nigeria is busy, Biafra is watching.
Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by Dc4life(m): 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
You just disappointed the police and immigration. Where will they get their 1k and 2k from grin grin ? Good step to take though

7 Likes

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by Firgemachar: 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
Where is LordAdam to come and belittle the acting president's efforts? grin
Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by tete7000(m): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
Templerun95:
Islam will dominate the whole wide world insha allah wink

All, see another who has lost his mind.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall by prettyprecy(f): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
Way to go...please check my signature and refer a friend in need of a job within surulere/yaba axis

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female 'keke Napep' Driver Spotted At Michael Opera University In Abia State / Bus On Fire Under Oshodi Bridge In Lagos / Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.