Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

A Message To Our Gallant Soldiers Out There, We Really Appreciate You. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Message To Our Gallant Soldiers Out There, We Really Appreciate You. (508 Views)

Gallant Soldiers Sit On Their Head Inside A Dirty Water During Military Training / Happy New Year To All Our Gallant Men/women At Sambisa, Beats, Patrols Etc / Beautiful Gallant Police Officer Trends On Facebook With Birthday Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Message To Our Gallant Soldiers Out There, We Really Appreciate You. by mhiztaNexy(m): 9:34am On Jun 07, 2017
We both left home at 18.
You cleared JAMB
I got recommended.

You got UNILAG,
I got NDA.

You pursued your degree,
I had the toughest training.

Your day started at 7 and ended at 5,
Mine started at 4 till 9 and
Some nights also included.

You had your convocation ceremony,
I had my POP.

Best company took you and
Best package was awarded,
I was ordered to join my platoon
With 2 stars piped on my shoulders.

You got a job,
I got a way of life.

Every eve you got to see your family,
I just wished i got to see my parents soon.

You celebrated festivals with lights and music,
I celebrated with my comrade in bunkers.

We both married,
Your wife got to see you everyday,
My wife just wished i was alive.

You were sent to business trips,
I was sent on line of control.

We both returned,
Both wives couldn't control their tears, but You wiped her but, I couldn't.

You hugged her but,
I couldn't.

Because I was lying in the coffin,
With medals on my chest and,
Coffin wrapped with tricolour.
My way of life ended,

Yours continued.
We both left home at 18.

I dedicate this to every soldier and uniform person out there, we don't understand what you do and the sacrifices you make, but know that we are eternally grateful!
. .
We're proud of u guys!!

(1) (Reply)

How To StartUp A Part-time/full-time Real Estate Career Business / Should I Drop Out Or Forge On / INTERESTING "Estate Management" Project Topics And Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.