Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! (102318 Views)

My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup / My Wife Betrayed & Left Me And Got Pregnant For Another Man While I Was In Jail / I Slept With My Brother-in-law Unknowingly, Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by johnson232: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2017
bukatyne:
It seems your brother in law & husband doesn't accord you much respect.

BIL should have knocked before entering your matrimonial room and hubby should have scolded him.

Anyways, throw it off your mind.... the more you dwell on it, the more you analyze the situation and become more ashamed, embrassed, angry etc.

Just tell your BIL to always knock before entering your room.

The bold isn't true...

18 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Caustics: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2017
johnson232:

@bold u don't need to resort to insult bro....
U sound as if u are infallible...We all make mistakes & this is a mistake anyone can make probably as a result of over familiarity in the house. Such a mistake does not necessary bespeaks disrespect, but oneness & a well united home...

But from the way u talk i will advise u to give your siblings some respect, u should ask yourself why the op husband acted the way he did...Spirit of Oneness bro...
its not an insult. grin grin he is hailing you.

10 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by johnson232: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2017
PaperLace:
I would have thought secondary schools are on mid term break, going by some juvenile comments here.

OP, you reserve the right to feel the way you feel. I will feel the same way. It's worrying that he comes into your matrimonial room without knocking, you didn't set the boundaries before now. He even stood there apologising, apologising while staring at your unclothedness and your husband didn't react? Nawa!!

It should hurt that your husband dismissed it like that. He isn't expected to kill his brother, but I expected him to show more seriousness. They both don't have any much respect for you.

Call the brother and warn him sternly never to enter your room, with/without knocking. He shouldn't even come close to your room. Try to forget about it, I can imagine how you feel _it's normal, but you'll be fine.
Why are some women like this?
This was why ambode's wife sacked the chaplain pastor...Reading meanings to irrelevant things....
The dude has apologized..
This is the first time such a thing is happening...A pure mistake...
The husband should kill his brother to show seriousness?

33 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by richyblink1(m): 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
johnson232:

@bold u don't need to resort to insult bro....
U sound as if u are infallible...We all make mistakes & this is a mistake anyone can make probably as a result of over familiarity in the house. Such a mistake does not necessary bespeaks disrespect, but oneness & a well united home...

But from the way u talk i will advise u to give your siblings some respect, u should ask yourself why the op husband acted the way he did...Spirit of Oneness bro...

Lols @the insult part. Never insulted you, not my style. You would have try finding out the meaning of my phrase. It's like saying; egbon ekuse oh

7 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by johnson232: 4:11pm On Jun 07, 2017
richyblink1:

Lols @the insult part. Never insulted you, not my style. You would have try finding out the meaning of my phrase. It's like saying; egbon ekuse oh
Don't be offended bro....
Didn't understood what u wrote...i understand this one ' ekuse' welldone... cheesy
Did my NYSC in yoruba land...understand's only the greetings... ekaro & ekuse... cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by johnson232: 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2017
Caustics:
its not an insult. grin grin he is hailing you.
Lol...
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
johnson232:

This was why ambode's wife sacked the chaplain pastor...Reading meanings to irrelevant things....
It's a matrimonial room!!! If you don't understand how sacred it is, ask your mother, she is a woman I suppose.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by johnson232: 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2017
PaperLace:

It's a matrimonial room!!! If you don't understand how sacred it is, ask your mother, she is a woman I suppose.
Lol...So because it is a matrimonial room nobody should get close?

Do u know my mum was once rescued by a neighbour right from her matrimonial bed when no one was at home during my NYSC.....

Guess i don't place so much value on these things because of my life experience...
Different stroke for different folks....

27 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
johnson232:

Lol...So because it is a matrimonial room nobody should get close?

Do u know my mum was once rescued by a neighbour right from her matrimonial bed when no one was at home during my NYSC.....

Guess i don't place so much value on these things because of my life experience...
Different stroke for different folks....
Was he rescuing her? He should wait till he has to rescue her (náked), which he may never have to do for life. Till then _he has no business in their matrimonial room(without knocking).

Yes, matrimonial rooms/beds are sacred.
Hence you'll hear things like "I caught them in our matrimonial room,on our bed. One would wonder if it would have been better if it were another room/bed. Enough said. My point has been made.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Nelgenius4me(m): 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2017
The proper thing to do is for your brother in- law to knock before coming into your bedroom.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by MissIndependent(f): 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2017
bukatyne:
It seems your brother in law & husband doesn't accord you much respect.

BIL should have knocked before entering your matrimonial room and hubby should have scolded him.

Anyways, throw it off your mind.... the more you dwell on it, the more you analyze the situation and become more ashamed, embrassed, angry etc.

Just tell your BIL to always knock before entering your room.

Exactly angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by MissIndependent(f): 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
PaperLace:

Don't mind the kids some even called her wide ppu*ssy bit*ch...mother*fuckers angry angry sad

7 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by bukatyne(f): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2017
johnson232:

The bold isn't true...

Very true.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by eyinjuege: 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2017
johnson232:

Honestly whether he walk's away or stay to deliver his message is the same thing, the mistake has already been done. For me, it was more prudent of him to apologize & deliver his message, instead of rushing out like a kid without apologizing...

U women read unwarranted meaning to everything, it is not as bad as the way the op is putting it....

There's a difference between entering a room, seeing a naked woman and quickly running out, and staying back to continue oogling at the naked woman under the pretext of tendering an apology there and then. That sounds more like what a pervert would do.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Kondomatic(m): 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
Back then when women knew their worth as women, a man dare not enter a married woman's room even if he's invited.

You get message? Deliver it from outside or wait until her husband comes back but those wey go school say wey dey imprison them so we set them free.

Guys trying to justify this act are just silly. You don't enter people's room without knocking, even my mom cannot enter my room without knocking. Unless something is after her.

The best thing to do when you enter a woman's room and see what you're not supposed to see is to turn around and leave without looking her direction a second time.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Berbierklaus(f): 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2017
Kondomatic:
Back then when women knew their worth as women, a man dare not enter a married woman's room even if he's invited.

You get message? Deliver it from outside or wait until her husband comes back but those wey go school say wey dey imprison them so we set them free.

Guys trying to justify this act are just silly. You don't enter people's room without knocking, even my mom cannot enter my room without knocking. Unless something is after her.

The best thing to do when you enter a woman's room and see what you're not supposed to see is to turn around and leave without her direction a second time.
Exactly,especially a married woman's room,I don't dare enter my aunt's room without knocking even when her husband is not there,that's just total lack of respect....

Jeeez,I find it really annoying that some people are saying no big deal about it,worst still the husband's reaction, like really? My husband better not try that with me undecided

OP you better be stern and firm with that your brother in-law, call him,and tell him squarely never to enter your room without knocking and waiting for a response before entering.

And watch your back,I don't trust that your husband and brother in-law.
Better still buy key and make sure you lock that door when you are inside,I do that to my room,so I'm used to it.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by mikedimeji(m): 6:25pm On Jun 07, 2017
My two years old nephew usually knock his parents door before opening. He doesn't need help to open the door because his hand can reach the door handle but he will knock the door first before opening. I blame the guy for opening the door without knocking, It's their house and it's not every time they have to lock the door, certain things are expected of an adult. And the much I can say is the guy doesnt respect his brother. Even when my brother's wife traveled, if I need to see him in his room I still knock before opening the door it's just common sense

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Sterope(f): 6:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
I can't barge into my parent's room. It is common sense and home training which apparently, the brother-in- law lacks. In fact, common sense should dictate that when couples are inactive room together, you refrain from disturbing them unless it is important.

If you were brought with barging into others people's room with no regards for their privacy, please know that it is very wrong and it speaks a whole lot about your upbringing.

Seems to me like you are the brother in law in questionundecided

Davash222:

Can't she lock the door knowing she's UNCLAD

9 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Sterope(f): 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
What does 'asking for permission before entering other people's rooms' have to do with the worth of a woman?

Kondomatic:

The best thing to do when you enter a woman's room and see what you're not supposed to see is to turn around and leave without her direction a second time.

14 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Sterope(f): 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
Why are some men very stu.pid?

Can you please point me towards the law that granted Mrs Ambode the power to sack the chaplain? Did she put a gun to her husband's head and demand he sacks the chaplain?

johnson232:

4 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by johnson232: 6:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
Sterope:
Why are some men very stu.pid?

Can you please point me towards the law that granted Mrs Ambode the power to sack the chaplain? Did she put a gun to her husband's head and demand he sacks the chaplain?

Lol...This is what the op's husband didn't fall for...kudos to him...
Op expected her husband to beat his brother & sent him packing....& later put the blame on the man if she had a gun to his head...So Op husband is wise afterall going by your comment... wink

17 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by mikedimeji(m): 6:46pm On Jun 07, 2017
johnson232:

Lol...Do ladies hide human head in their rooms....

This issue of knocking is somewhat subjective & depends on the relationship....often times i don't knock before entering my sisters room...the door is even always open, just with a door curtain hung on it...
I think I disagree with this.
U can't just enter someone's room without knocking, it is regarded as lack of home training. It's just common sense, then talk about a ladys room, U just have to knock. There are cases where I knock and I'm asked to hold on and after few seconds then I'm asked to come in. Let's call a spade a spade. The act of opening someone's room door without knocking is absolutely unacceptable no matter the level of oneness in the family. Oneness doesn't in any way erode respect for one another

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by free2ryhme: 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
iyaayi:
my live in brother in law of whom we are agemates barged into my room unannounced this morning. I was totally naked & had to dive under the bed from the shame & shock.
he stood there apologising that he didn't know i was in the room (we had met outside by the clothes line a short while ago).
the most painful part is that my husband who was lying in d bed in the room didn't find it necessary to utter a word.
when I confronted him, he said that shebi his brother had said 'sorry'
I really don't know what to do. I feel let down by hubby's reaction & also ashamed about the whole incident.
pls good folks, what do I do to redress the situation. thank you

what is your husband brother doing your the room you share with your husband...?

one word: your husband na dodo
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by mikedimeji(m): 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
johnson232:

Lol...This is what the op's husband didn't fall for...kudos to him...
Op expected her husband to beat his brother & sent him packing....& later put the blame on the man if she had a gun to his head...So Op husband is wise afterall going by your comment... wink
Bros let's correct wrong doing for the purpose of posterity. I definitely will not keep quiet if I were the husband, I will tell him u can't just bagged into my room without knocking and will immidiately order him out my room, his apologies will come later. And I'm sure a right thinking man will do same, no be fight but u it's the right thing to do at that moment

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by johnson232: 6:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
bukatyne:

Very true.
The issue here is that u guys aren't seeing what op brother in-law did as a mistake, but as a delibrate act. I am not trying to justify what the guy did, but considering it's the first & we all are prone to mistakes. Making a mistake & being disrespectul are two different things.
I think op should have let go after he has apologized. I see no reason for bringing it up again.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Kondomatic(m): 6:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Exactly,especially a married woman's room,I don't dare enter my aunt's room without knocking even when her husband is not there,that's just total lack of respect....

Jeeez,I find it really annoying that some people are saying no big deal about it,worst still the husband's reaction, like really? My husband better not try that with me undecided

OP you better be stern and firm with that your brother in-law, call him,and tell him squarely never to enter your room without knocking and waiting for a response before entering.

And watch your back,I don't trust that your husband and brother in-law.
Better still buy key and make sure you lock that door when you are inside,I do that to my room,so I'm used to it.
Lols.

The husband should have shouted at him and order him to move out the moment he stepped in.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by johnson232: 6:59pm On Jun 07, 2017
mikedimeji:

Bros let's correct wrong doing for the purpose of posterity. I definitely will not keep quiet if I were the husband, I will tell him u can't just bagged into my room without knocking and will immidiately order him out my room, his apologies will come later. And I'm sure a right thinking man will do same, no be fight but u it's the right thing to do at that moment
I quite understand your point...But i am sure Op's husband reprimanded his brother, it's natural, every man will do that. but from what i can deduce, i think the op want something a little bit too far. We all have different approach to resolving issues. I think apologies is what this situation deserves & the brother has done that.

8 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Kondomatic(m): 7:00pm On Jun 07, 2017
Sterope:
What does 'asking for permission before entering other people's rooms' have to do with the worth of a woman?

Because women go virtually Unclad on the streets. This woman complaining here will go to beach and remove 97% of her clothes in public, turn on your TV and you will see Unclad women here and there.

I am not trying to justify what happened but all these have a way they influence the way people see and treat women.
Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by kayzat: 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2017
I wonder the way you guys relate to the extent of entering your room without knocking. Common sense should've remind him to knock before entering.

I can't even enter my mum's room without knocking talk less of another man's wife room.

Its just silly .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Sterope(f): 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2017
I still don't get it.

unclothedness does not the mean shit. Your great great great great grand mother probably could tied leaves to cover some parts of her body OR moved around stark naked. I can't see how it is different from what is happening in today and I am yet to come across anything that proved or disproved that they were more respected. Also, this issue with women's appearance is rooted in modern society thanks to Abrahimic religions. Don't get it twisted, man.

Besides, the whole point of this thread is about barging into someone else's room without permission. It doesn't matter if it is a lady or a man nor does i matter if it is a matrimonial room.

Geez! You can't help yourself. You must find a way to blame women, don't you?

Kondomatic:
Because women go virtually Unclad on the streets. This woman complaining here will go to beach and remove 97% of her clothes in public, turn on your TV and you will see Unclad women here and there.

I am not trying to justify what happened but all these have a way they influence the way people see and treat women.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by kayzat: 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2017
johnson232:

I quite understand your point...But i am sure Op's husband reprimanded his brother, it's natural, every man will do that. but from what i can deduce, i think the op want something a little bit too far. We all have different approach to resolving issues. I think apologies is what this situation deserves & the brother has done that.

Maybe the husband did not reprimand his brother immediately but I am very sure he will definitely do that when the wife is not there.

10 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! by Berbierklaus(f): 7:13pm On Jun 07, 2017
johnson232:

The issue here is that u guys aren't seeing what op brother in-law did as a mistake, but as a delibrate act. I am not trying to justify what the guy did, but considering it's the first & we all are prone to mistakes. Making a mistake & being disrespectul are two different things.
I think op should have let go after he has apologized. I see no reason for bringing it up again.
I see it as a mistake too,and I even understand him standing there and apologising as shock.
Its the husband's reaction I find worrying and surprising?

Like really? shocked
Not even an apology to his wife.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... / I Don’t Enjoy Sex With My Husband. His Joystick Is Too Big – Wife Tells Court / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.